Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaximillian You get a defense win yet?

CAUSE NOW I PUT MY MAGE TEAM ON DEFENSE AND GOT A 576 DEFENSE SCORE TO REPLACE MY 286 ONE

Spoiler

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love rubbing things in your face

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena still better than Oboro.

Both you and I know that that isn't true, but anyway:

Doesn't change the fact that I have THREE defense wins though! :D:

#NeenerNeenerNeener #EasyFeathers4Me #ICanHelpYouMakeADefenseTeamButLetMeGloatForAFewHours

Edited by Arcanite

Wich is the maximun tier in the game? im in 16, but only 4500 points no gold hero this weeek, and i cant reach +1 in Tier.... 

Is each higher level more difficult?

0 defenses like always, i dont know how to do... plis help me... : Ike reinhard, azura, gordin, ninian, nino, soren, lilina, lachesis, al 5 stars i did multiple teams all the days and nothing :((((((

Edited by ignis_z

8 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Wich is the maximun tier in the game? im in 16, but only 4500 points no gold hero this weeek, and i cant reach +1 in Tier.... 

Is each higher level more difficult?

0 defenses like always, i dont know how to do... plis help me... : Ike reinhard, azura, gordin, ninian, nino, soren, lilina, lachesis, al 5 stars i did multiple teams all the days and nothing :((((((

20, and the reqs to advance or even remain are harsher the higher you get. Run a defense team of like, Azura/Nino/Ike/Reinhardt. How you have no wins may be dependant on their Skills though.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

20, and the reqs to advance or even remain are harsher the higher you get. Run a defense team of like, Azura/Nino/Ike/Reinhardt. How you have no wins may be dependant on their Skills though.

In this order? Got

Azura / Ninian with wings of mercy 2 and Moonbow

Nino with fury 3 desperation 2, buff atack

Reinhard fury 3 desperation 3 buff speed, novilunio

Ike, heavy sword, sword breaker no buff and his second special atack dondt remember name. Is good?

20 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

In this order? Got

Azura / Ninian with wings of mercy 2 and Moonbow

Nino with fury 3 desperation 2, buff atack

Reinhard fury 3 desperation 3 buff speed, novilunio

Ike, heavy sword, sword breaker no buff and his second special atack dondt remember name. Is good?

Those look pretty good overall. Azura/Ninian should get Buff Speed so Nino can get more power, and Reinhardt should probably get Buff Defense since it'll help nino but isn't as important.

28 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Those look pretty good overall. Azura/Ninian should get Buff Speed so Nino can get more power, and Reinhardt should probably get Buff Defense since it'll help nino but isn't as important.

Sorry not reinhard, Ryoma, my bad with this skills.

So I finally got Celica to level 40, so I went to the arena to test the Sanaki/Julia/Linde/Celica team and this is the result:

31e516e587.jpg

Got a deathless streak without any resets, which is a welcome change after I spent 25 dueling crests in the last 2 seasons when attempting a deathless run.

The details on the builds used:

558edc2aad.png

Funny thing is that despite Sanaki and Julia only having the Hone Spd 2 and Hone Atk 2, Linde was an absolute monster, regularly managing 1HKO against red units.

The Defense win was obtained when Celica was still level 30 (hiding level 40 Azura, Nowi and Takumi, the first one with WoM and the latter two with Vantage). RIP the poor person who had the 'pleasure' of facing that with a weaker team. I might try putting my offense team as my defense team to see how it performs.

Now, to SP grind the Hone Spd 3, Hone Atk 3 and Fury 3 on Sanaki, Julia and Celica respectively before trying again to see if I can get a better score. Julia also has Renewal 3 inherited, so maybe I'll grind it once I'm done with the Sacred Seal quests.

Score of 4798 (no surrenders; 684, 684, 686, 688, 686, 686, 684):

• May 16 1:50 AM PT - #392
  • May 17 3:00 PM PT - #2560

A little nervous again, but the rate of expansion of the bracket seems to be keeping me reasonably safe. My current run took a bit of a nose dive in terms of point draws as after getting that tasty 692, I've gotten a bunch of 684 to negate most of its benefit. However, at least even if the last two matches of my streak are 684s, I'll still improve to 4800. :lol:

Also managed to snag a trio of wins overnight and over lunch today, the highest of which was a 580. Still running Rein, Nino, Nowi and Xander has replaced Soren. So, for the moment, offense and defense continue to align, though I'm gonna put Eirika back in instead of Rein for offense once my next streak starts. That Fort Res 1 Seal is gonna make her so good for Nino.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

So I finally got Celica to level 40, so I went to the arena to test the Sanaki/Julia/Linde/Celica team and this is the result:

31e516e587.jpg

Got a deathless streak without any resets, which is a welcome change after I spent 25 dueling crests in the last 2 seasons when attempting a deathless run.

The details on the builds used:

558edc2aad.png

Funny thing is that despite Sanaki and Julia only having the Hone Spd 2 and Hone Atk 2, Linde was an absolute monster, regularly managing 1HKO against red units.

The Defense win was obtained when Celica was still level 30 (hiding level 40 Azura, Nowi and Takumi, the first one with WoM and the latter two with Vantage). RIP the poor person who had the 'pleasure' of facing that with a weaker team. I might try putting my offense team as my defense team to see how it performs.

Now, to SP grind the Hone Spd 3, Hone Atk 3 and Fury 3 on Sanaki, Julia and Celica respectively before trying again to see if I can get a better score. Julia also has Renewal 3 inherited, so maybe I'll grind it once I'm done with the Sacred Seal quests.

How is Fury doing for you on Celica?  I'm still deciding between that and LaD2 for mine. Also, are you using Fury 2 so Renewal completely brings her back to full health, or lack of Fury 3?  Thanks!  

@LuxSpes I'm really curious to know if that's also your defense team! I really like running mages in the Arena myself, but I've been trying a mostly melee team and kind of struggling...once I get Celica to level 40, I may try something like this out with M. Robin, Celica, Nino, and Azura or Sanaki.

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@LuxSpes I'm really curious to know if that's also your defense team! I really like running mages in the Arena myself, but I've been trying a mostly melee team and kind of struggling...once I get Celica to level 40, I may try something like this out with M. Robin, Celica, Nino, and Azura or Sanaki.

YOU CAN DO MY TEAM

CELICA ROBIN AZURA AND NINO 

I GOT A 576 DEFENSE SCORE! WOO HOO!

Update for 5026 (enemy teams detailed in the previous post):

• ~6pm PDT 5/16: 94
  • 4:40pm PDT 5/17: 147

Highest defensive win is 588 points with Eirika, Linde, Ephraim, and Alfonse. I might decide to fish around for a higher streak...but it honestly wouldn't be too much higher (~5040 tops).

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

How are you getting 4,800+ with two mounts and no merges? I've been trying to break that mark with Xander / Nino / Ephraim / Effie, but no luck.

Note that Aether and Galeforce are basically free arena points, since other specials only go up to 2. (Whether by Sp or Rank, these 2 are the superior specials.)

They're only good on actually good units, though, borderline people like Setsuna etc. depend too much on special procs, but Lucina, Cordelia, Nino, Linde etc. can all just rock either Galeforce (good with a brave weapon, a dancer, and especially both), or just Aether (not too great, mostly only run this for points or in very niche builds).

3 hours ago, Eridras said:

How is Fury doing for you on Celica?  I'm still deciding between that and LaD2 for mine. Also, are you using Fury 2 so Renewal completely brings her back to full health, or lack of Fury 3?  Thanks!  

Fury's been pretty good on her. She has balanced defensive stats, so with Fury it heightens her bulk while increasing her offense. And I'm not running Fury 3 on her because of a lack of SP. I'm nearly there however so I'll be able to see how it works out for her.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I was running a Nowi/Takumi/Azura team with Celica as the week's bonus unit, but I just switched to the all mage team to see how it works, with Azura potentially replacing Sanaki.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Somehow, my team of Celica/Azura/Kagerou/Reinhardt got a Defense win on someone with a Bunny Camilla lead. Maybe they weren't running Flier Emblem.

It just shows that the player owns a Bunny Camilla and has her as the lead unit for that player's Arena Defense team. It does not necessarily mean that the Bunny Camilla was used in the arena battle the player lost since the player may change their Arena Defense team's lead unit.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

It just shows that the player owns a Bunny Camilla and has her as the lead unit for that player's Arena Defense team.

Oh, right. I keep forgetting that that's not the leader of their Arena offense team.

Speaking of which, I think I've said it before, but I want to be able to see what kind of team my Defense team rekt.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

This was in the arena...

@Sophie, is that you?

Pls
No, I wouldn't have the heart to burn Takumi or Genny because I like them both