Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Well, 4* +10s have roughly the same stats as a 5* +5, though the 4* would be missing out on their final weapon (and possibly a rank 3 or two) without inheritance from a 5*. When I'm playing, I typically see 4* +10s pop up alongside 5* +3-6 opponents.

So, yeah, it seems to work, though there's obviously an upper limit. On the other hand, going above 5* +5 (hell, even getting to +5) in prohibitively expensive, so that upper limit is going to end up not mattering at all for many people.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Huh wonder if hi merge four stars can work well, i cant get that high with some +1 5s. Especilay mages like those!

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Something like 4-star 40+7 units are comparable to 5-star 40 units.

Yep, what @Elieson said. My four stars are all +10 (I also have a +10 4* Selena). They give about the same points as a +2/3 5* unit, and I have a lot of SP on them. 

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

Something like 4-star 40+7 units are comparable to 5-star 40 units.

+6 is usually slightly better than 5* +0. And +levels are worth the same (+2 to stats), so a 4* +10 is around a 5* +4. Pretty good deal to sacrifice long-term potential for a cheap effective 5* unit.

I wouldn't do it unless I get 11 copies of a unit I don't plan on using much, though, since a 4* +10 has no future.

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

@Rafiel's Aria I left my all mage team as my defense one over the night and I finally got a win with it, which gives me a new Defense Score of 578 instead of the 554 one I had. 

Ooooh. Sweet. I think I'll definitely give this a shot. I just got Celica to level 40 a few hours ago. She still needs about 600 SP to finish getting the skills I have for her though. XD But when I tested her out in the Arena yesterday, she didn't lower my rating by much.

Ranked 3452 in Tier 17 with a score of 4798 

Celica didn't have a full skillset for the first few battles, so she dragged my score down. Once I do another run I should score a lot better. 

Either way though, as long as I have enough points to promote to Tier 18, I guess I'm fine. 

Screenshot_20170518-205040.png

Phew I'm finally done with her! Maybe now I can score a bit higher in arena now. >.<

Currently sitting at 4685 points and I would like to reach at least 4800+ now that Celica is finished getting her skills.

Edited by Alternis

23 minutes ago, Alternis said:

Screenshot_20170518-205040.png

Phew I'm finally done with her! Maybe now I can score a bit higher in arena now. >.<

Currently sitting at 4685 points and I would like to reach at least 4800+ now that Celica is finished getting her skills.

Very nice!  Once I get more feathers I'll promote someone for LnD 3 to get my Celica up to your level. I'm really curious to see how she works with this build, though I was thinking Renewal for mine. 

12 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Very nice!  Once I get more feathers I'll promote someone for LnD 3 to get my Celica up to your level. I'm really curious to see how she works with this build, though I was thinking Renewal for mine. 

So far I'm liking this build. She's capable of dealing with some of the pesky distant counter / vantage units as long as she can OHKO them, which isn't too hard as long as I can bait them into Threaten Res range and maybe a Hone Attack buff if she needs it. I haven't tried Renewal on her yet but I did give it to her awhile ago. I'm pretty burnt out on SP grinding though. I wish the x2 SP bonus would come back. XD

6 minutes ago, Alternis said:

So far I'm liking this build. She's capable of dealing with some of the pesky distant counter / vantage units as long as she can OHKO them, which isn't too hard as long as I can bait them into Threaten Res range and maybe a Hone Attack buff if she needs it. I haven't tried Renewal on her yet but I did give it to her awhile ago. I'm pretty burnt out on SP grinding though. I wish the x2 SP bonus would come back. XD

Yeah, knowing I'm going to end up with ~1500 SP at level 40 is kind of making me not want to level her right now. My last few big projects either had double SP or I leveled a 4* of the unit at the same time as the 5* to take care of half of the inheriting. 

1 hour ago, Eridras said:

Yeah, knowing I'm going to end up with ~1500 SP at level 40 is kind of making me not want to level her right now. My last few big projects either had double SP or I leveled a 4* of the unit at the same time as the 5* to take care of half of the inheriting. 

This took me a single day to grind up SP for:

Spoiler

rKlerBB.png

Total was 2180 SP

Considering replacing Spur Def with Hone Spd eventually though, which will be another 525 SP

If you have 3 dancers (or two dancers and a healer), it speeds up the SP grinding process considerably. I used up about 3-4 stamina pots to speed the process up (since I wanted to have everything done before setting her as my rep during the gauntlet). It's really not so bad once you get into the swing of things. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Screenshot_20170519-002255.png

Almost got a deathless run but I screwed up on battle 5 which resulted in my Ninian's death.

Small improvement over my previous score but I'm happy with it. My Celica helped with my run tremendously. :^3

Decided to modify my defense team with my Cav team that I've been working on all month. Maxed out defense reward in less than 24 hours. Dang, I'm gonna just take them out now, I don't want to ruin any more arena runs than I have to...

23 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Decided to modify my defense team with my Cav team that I've been working on all month. Maxed out defense reward in less than 24 hours. 

I can understand this, now that I've faced a full cavalry squad with my flier emblem. Luckily for me it was on the forest map and I was able to split the enemy in two groups on the left and right side of the woods at the center. On an open map, I would have been toast. The firepower and the range of Cecilia + Reinhardt is awesome when you are commanding  them. It is even more stunning when you are on the business end.

I am just about to break my record score!  I load the last map, nice points, cool the mountain one and a bunch of melees, ez!  Ike baits a Xander but he is +1 merge and survives with 1hp!  Of course Azura then teleports like 15 tiles to dance for him.  Whew ike still survives!... but alas bonfire :( LoL i wish they had replays for arena I'm sure this guy would be cracking up watching that...

Edited by Chromatone

I'm finding that 4* Subaki is surprisingly good as a bonus unit in the arena.

With his high defense and Sapphire Lance (extra +/-20% weapon triangle), he takes 0 damage from the most common sword users like Ike, Ryoma, Lucina, and Marth. Amazingly good. He doesn't do much damage but he handles reds easily taking little to no damage. He doesn't do much vs greens or blues, but I have other units on my team to take care of those.

He also has Quick Riposte which is an excellent B skill.

I just threw Bonfire on him as an activation skill, some random C skill, and he's good to go!

I'm just pleasantly surprised a 4* unit I'm forced to use as a bonus could actually end up being so useful!

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Whoops...forgot to update yesterday yay involuntary overtime. Doesn't really matter, because the score is new as of today anyways.

5030 (aw yeah a whole 4 points) with a team of Eirika, Hector, Azura, and Alfonse is:

6 am PDT 5/19: 174

Teams faced:

Spoiler

I really need to freeze the top row...

Columns are...

Name | A Skill | B Skill | C Skill | Assist | Special | Weapon | Seal | Merge Lv. | Rarity | Overall Team Point Value

iszl9tH.png

Also got to fight this bundle o' fun...

Spoiler

9nsOxY2.png

Which was 726 points, since I forgot to capture that in the screenshot apparently...

It was basically the "have Eirika buff people and watch" show. Armads broke Wary Fighter on the 2 Effies and enemy Hector (enemy Hector was -Spd, so Hone Spd from Eirika made him get doubled). Rally Def from Eirika canceled out most of the damage from Effie; it also let Azura eat a whole 6 dmg from Zephiel after Eckesachs debuff so...lol.

Edited by LordFrigid

I got a first defensive victory with a level 35 Kagero in first place of defensive team. I need help, i never defend, and im thinking in stack Kagero at level 35, its posible that i won because i had a lower level rival for My low Kagero? The game says that my enemy is a default level 40 Gold Linde. What do you think. Dont touch nothing or It doenst matter the level?

Edited by ignis_z

17 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

since a 4* +10 has no future.

I completely disagree with this statement. Every +1 will decrease the cost to rank up. Not only do you get a stronger unit (just need SI fodder to inherit the skills) but you lose out on nothing if you were going to send those extra copies home while waiting for a focus banner.

It is a longterm investment that evens out but rewards you with a stronger unit (which gives more arena points) immediately. The only downside is that the saved up feathers cannot be used on other units and are locked into the merged one.

Edited by Clogon

A 4* +10 would lose power promoting to a 5*, though, so it's kind of an ill-advised move, especially since four 5* copies are required to bring the stats even again. For that same reason, I agree that "no future" isn't really a true statement. At the extreme end of things, the cost to move that unit's power forward any further is high to the point of not really being worth it, barring promoting that unit to stack on top of an existing 5* +4. For a lot of people, even a 5* +4 is a pretty insane thing to own (I just have a couple +1s and I know I wasn't sure if I'd ever feel like the resource cost would be worth it to own any merges, period). Unless super whaling focus banners, every additional + on a 5* is a long struggle. Therefore, a 4* +10 would cost much less, but have a pretty long future. It will eventually end at a crazy level of 5* merges, but for the majority of non-whales, that is going to take a very long time. For that entire long period leading up to such a level of strength, that 4* +10 will constantly be doing work.

17 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Just out of curiosity, why do people recommend L&D instead of Fury or Distant Def for Celica? 

Either or works. Ragnarok has better synergy with Fury since you can proc Desperation after just one round of combat, but LaD is also popular for -Blade Celica variants, which are not uncommon either. Celica has great offensive bases and gets more use out of the former two rather than Distant Defense.

My $0.02.

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

I got a first defensive victory with a level 35 Kagero in first place of defensive team. I need help, i never defend, and im thinking in stack Kagero at level 35, its posible that i won because i had a lower level rival for My low Kagero? The game says that my enemy is a default level 40 Gold Linde. What do you think. Dont touch nothing or It doenst matter the level?

Can anyone help me Plis, in a little noob..

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Levels do determine who goes against your team, but if never defend ever, you probably just need to make a better defense team