Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

But there's nothing that suggests that they need to retire maps to add new ones. And we have a new rotation that hasn't even been played on yet to look forward to.

They have to retire the old maps first because every time the rotation with the lava and bridge maps come up 2% of the playerbase dies from strokes

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Kiran said:

Here's a question for you all. How do you guys deal with the scary red known as Ryoma (besides using Reinhardt)? Typically I see a +SPD -Res nature with fury, vantage, and moonbow. I normally throw my own Ryoma at him or have Ephraim with moonbow to oneshot but what do you guys use?

Cordelia and Shanna workĀ well. Add Goad/Hone Fliers if lots of merges.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can we just have these old Arena maps NEVER come back, except for a few like the desert one?

No thanks. We had enough cancer added the the game by fort tiles.

5 hours ago, salinea said:

Hmmm 2 Reinhards I could probably deal with my Nino. Although I don't remember facing off against many proper cavalry team yet, so maybe i'd have more troubles.

You'll find it funny that one of the Reinhardts killed my Nino LOL

#HowDidThatHappen

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually liked the fort tiles. I only benefited from them.

It wouldā€™ve been better if the fort maps were mixed with the non-fort maps, not how itā€™s now.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You'll find it funny that one of the Reinhardts killed my Nino LOL

#HowDidThatHappen

Your hubris.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Your hubris.

I already had my deathless run so I was using the arena to refresh training maps for Hana's quest. It really didn't matter whether or not I won :P

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also Arcanite and Vaximillian 1v1 when

I'm sure you already know that I'd win ;)

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Can Oboro beat Sharena in single combat?

Haven't checked the calcs before, but I'd assume it could go many ways depending on the build of choice. Sharena may be faster, but Oboro has quite a bit of defense anyway. I could do calcs now but I just had to handle some important business and I'm tired LOL

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Haven't checked the calcs before, but I'd assume it could go many ways depending on the build of choice. Sharena may be faster, but Oboro has quite a bit of defense anyway. I could do calcs now but I just had to handle some important business and I'm tired LOL

for my money sharena will win because she has a shield and better choice of clothing

It seems that with default kits at 5*, Sharena wins because of doubling. Seal Def doesn't let Oboro one-shot, even without Fensalir's Threaten Atk. If both of them wield Silver Lance+s, Sharena still wins. For Oboro to win, they'd have to both wield Steel Lances (or Iron), since Seal Def and Oboro's bulk will start to matter.

Who strikes first doesn't matter.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

for my money sharena will win because she has a shield and better choice of clothing

Better choice of clothing?

Are you kidding me? Go home Soy sauce, you're drunk

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It seems that with default kits at 5*, Sharena wins because of doubling. Seal Def doesn't let Oboro one-shot, even without Fensalir's Threaten Atk. If both of them wield Silver Lance+s, Sharena still wins. For Oboro to win, they'd have to both wield Steel Lances (or Iron), since Seal Def and Oboro's bulk will start to matter.

Spoiler

Any moron with a brain the size of a peanut could figure out that Sharena would win against Oboro with default kits. But running default kits against each other has a problem, which is whether or not each default kit even fits that character. Sharena has a WAY better default kit than Oboro, in addition to a legendary weapon. One would have to compare and contrast the TOP TOP builds for each character in order toĀ trulyĀ say who is better than who. Kind of like Olwen and Reinfart.Ā 

Either way, I know my builds so I'll see what I can do tomorrow. BTW, Fury Sharena dies to +Atk -Spd, QR3, Killer lance+, Bonfire, attack +1 seal Oboro. And Oboro didn't even need an A slot skill either. If she doesn't have +Atk, you can substitute for Fury and get the same result. Even if Sharena had an HP seal she dies.

But I haven't tested any particular Sharena builds yet so like I said, it could go many ways

Stop making me do calcs please ;_;

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Better choice of clothing?

Are you kidding me? Go home Soy sauce, you're drunk

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Any moron with a brain the size of a peanut could figure out that Sharena would win against Oboro with default kits. But running default kits against each other has a problem, which is whether or not each default kit even fits that character. Sharena has a WAY better default kit than Oboro, in addition to a legendary weapon. One would have to compare and contrast the TOP TOP builds for each character in order toĀ trulyĀ say who is better than who. Kind of like Olwen and Reinfart.Ā 

Either way, I know my builds so I'll see what I can do tomorrow. BTW, Fury Sharena dies to +Atk -Spd, QR3, Killer lance+, Bonfire, attack +1 seal Oboro. And Oboro didn't even need an A slot skill either. If she doesn't have +Atk, you can substitute for Fury and get the same result. Even if Sharena had an HP seal she dies.

But I haven't tested any particular Sharena builds yet so like I said, it could go many ways

Stop making me do calcs please ;_;

I'm not drunk.

Also, all you have to do is put Moonbow on Fury Sharena, and then she instantly wins the above encounter lol. Of course, Oboro still has her A slot, but Sharena also has her B slot.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm not drunk.

Also, all you have to do is put Moonbow on Sharena, and then she instantly wins the above encounter lol.

Hm

"But I haven't tested any particular Sharena builds yet so like I said, it could go many ways"

Anywho, I'm going to bed.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Hm

"But I haven't tested any particular Sharena builds yet so like I said, it could go many ways"

Anywho, I'm going to bed.

when you sleep sharena will murder oboro

I think I'll fiddle around with that more later.

@ArcaniteĀ @SatsumaFSoysoyĀ Standard Sharena with Fury Moonbow loses to +Def Killer+ / Bonfire / Quick Riposte Oboro, which is a fairly standard build, though Oboro comes out of it terribly wounded. Assuming both have neutral natures, Oboro can just equip Fury herself to avoid being KO'd.

Spoiler

Ā 

Screen^

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@ArcaniteĀ @SatsumaFSoysoyĀ Standard Sharena with Fury Moonbow loses to +Def Killer+ / Bonfire / Quick Riposte Oboro, which is a fairly standard build, though Oboro comes out of it terribly wounded. Assuming both have neutral natures, Oboro can just equip Fury herself to avoid being KO'd.

Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

Screen^

Apparently if Fensalir goes off before this fight, they both live. Not with Arcanite's +Atk one though.

If they ever somehow make an online PvP and this match happens, both players would just keep passing lol, since whoever strikes first dies. I'm glad that's not a thing.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Only managed a score of 4692... ;_; Looks like I'll be staying in Tier 16. But I got a Defence score of 574 ( Roy, Ryoma, Catria and Reinhardt ), soĀ I'll still net myself 5K feathers when this season ends.

Still at my score of 4764 on tier 16; will be able to move into tier 17.

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Also, can we get our daily orbs back soon?

I second this. What is IS waiting for?

I definitely had a brain fart...

Ā 

My S. Camilla has Gronnraven and TA3 so I was planning on using her to bait Jeorge and kill him but I forgot to take into account Marth's movement, as Marth was right in front of him. So much for deathless. Final score is 4719 though and I won't be getting demoted :D

Edited by GuiltyLove

Got a second run with slightly higher scores for 4786, 6 points higher than the previous one. The old one was enough to promote me to tier 17, and apparently the new one won't be enough to get me to 18 next week, but at least I'll keep the rank. Going from Ike to Xander hurt my scores (infantry vs horse, Aether vs Moonbow, Heavy Blade vs Attack +3).