Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

On 5/18/2017 at 9:45 PM, Alternis said:

So far I'm liking this build. She's capable of dealing with some of the pesky distant counter / vantage units as long as she can OHKO them, which isn't too hard as long as I can bait them into Threaten Res range and maybe a Hone Attack buff if she needs it. I haven't tried Renewal on her yet but I did give it to her awhile ago. I'm pretty burnt out on SP grinding though. I wish the x2 SP bonus would come back. XD

Is your current arena team Ike, Celica, Julia, and Ninian?  I just ran across it in the arena!  Gave me quite a scare, but it was the twin bridges map, so I was luckily able to separate Ike from the rest of the team. My own Celica did a lot of the heavy lifting. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Is this a fart joke

It wasn't the intention, but it seems to fit perfectly! LOL

SCORE UPDATE

4,760 score gets me to rank 9,158. I'm getting promoted to tier 17 too! #Winning.

Not to mention, 2.5K feathers from score, 1.7k feathers from my new tier, and 900 feathers from defense wins.

5,100 feathers!

Just now, Arcanite said:

It wasn't the intention, but it seems to fit perfectly! LOL

SCORE UPDATE

4,760 score gets me to rank 9,158. I'm getting promoted to tier 17 too! #Winning.

Not to mention, 2.5K feathers from score, 1.7k feathers from my new tier, and 900 feathers from defense wins.

5,100 feathers!

Ugh I would have beaten you had it not been for my brain fart >:(

Nice defense wins though! I still haven't gotten any D:

Well I discovered today that purposeful losing (surrendering when I lose a unit as I need a perfect 7 streak to get a higher score) seems to count against my tier ranking....  so yeah I'll be dropping a rank because of this I was trying to get a higher score in low behold I find this out.   Oh well at least the feather drops are as bad as they used to be I will place back into my tier next time.

Edited by Locke087

4 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Well I discovered today that purposeful losing (surrendering when I lose a unit as I need a perfect 7 streak to get a higher score) seems to count against my tier ranking....  so yeah I'll be dropping a rank because of this I was trying to get a higher score in low behold I find this out.   Oh well at least the feather drops are as bad as they used to be I will place back into my tier next time.

What do you mean by this? Surrendering a fight simply gives you a loss. The same as having all of your units die. And all that does is end your current streak.

What do you mean it counts against your tier ranking?

24 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

What do you mean by this? Surrendering a fight simply gives you a loss. The same as having all of your units die. And all that does is end your current streak.

What do you mean it counts against your tier ranking?

Nope it seems your current total score isn't the only factor anymore (otherwise I cannot explain how my score tanked so hard in such a short amount of time I went from comfortably placing back in my same tier to near the bottom of 16 even with a score 4751 which was a near perfect run) it will lower your tier ranking if you completely lose a match.  If I can get a higher score this week I'll see if this is just a coincidence but I highly doubt it as the drop was really steep the day I did that. I'm used to my placement dropping throughout the week but never this hard this fast.

Edited by Locke087

After making a rearrangement to my Pseudo Horse Emblem i got 4798 at T16. Could have reached 4844 with the new set up

Still promote before this score but still

WOOOO

HOOOOOO

All i do is basically giving Eliwood TA3, and replacing Julia with an unmaxed Hector

1 hour ago, Locke087 said:

Nope it seems your current total score isn't the only factor anymore (otherwise I cannot explain how my score tanked so hard in such a short amount of time I went from comfortably placing back in my same tier to near the bottom of 16 even with a score 4751 which was a near perfect run) it will lower your tier ranking if you completely lose a match.  If I can get a higher score this week I'll see if this is just a coincidence but I highly doubt it as the drop was really steep the day I did that. I'm used to my placement dropping throughout the week but never this hard this fast.

I've had unusually steep drops for no apparent reason. It just happens sometimes, there's no additional factors.

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ugh I would have beaten you had it not been for my brain fart >:(

I guess you stink too :P:

2 hours ago, JSND said:

After making a rearrangement to my Pseudo Horse Emblem i got 4798 at T16. Could have reached 4844 with the new set up

Can't wait to make my own horse emblem team myself. I'm only waiting for about 80k feathers LOLOLOL

2 hours ago, Locke087 said:

Surrendering doesn't affect your placement in the tier. If it did, I would have seen it last season since I had to surrender several times to get my deathless streak. My ranking didn't plummet and an offense score of 4830 and a defense one of 582 secured me a rank up from tier 15 to 17. From my experience in tier 16 and 17, a mid 4.7k score is pretty middling. You need a score above 4.8k for the best chance at promoting.

You drastic drop could just means that a lot of people suddenly finished a good deathless run with new merged/bonus characters and got a high defense score.

5 hours ago, Eridras said:

Is your current arena team Ike, Celica, Julia, and Ninian?  I just ran across it in the arena!  Gave me quite a scare, but it was the twin bridges map, so I was luckily able to separate Ike from the rest of the team. My own Celica did a lot of the heavy lifting. 

Yes that's my current arena team! What a coincidence haha.

Congrats for beating my team though. :^P

You should had let me win though 8D

24 minutes ago, Alternis said:

Yes that's my current arena team! What a coincidence haha.

Congrats for beating my team though. :^P

You should had let me win though 8D

If I knew for sure that you needed a defense, I would have!  As it was, I wanted to test my new team of Alm, Celica, Julia, and Azura. Interestingly enough, we almost had the same team. 

I had an encounter today that made me glad I had kept Blazing Light on Celica. There was a Distant Counter Zephiel with Wary Fighter, yet she managed to Charge Blazing Light on Effie, Hector and Sheena, which allowed her to nuke Zephiel out of the map.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

4820 is Rank 3185 in Tier 17. I have to fall below Rank 4502 to not go to Rank 18, and I think I'll be able to scrape through, if only barely. Not sure if I'll be able to stay at 18 though.

I think I'm nearing the point where I'll stagnate myself. I think my 4830 score is good, but I've seen people with score above 5K, so pretty sure they'll be the one remaining in the top tier(I think 20 is the current max top tier) while I'll gravitate between 17 and maybe 19 at best.

6 minutes ago, Eridras said:

If I knew for sure that you needed a defense, I would have!  As it was, I wanted to test my new team of Alm, Celica, Julia, and Azura. Interestingly enough, we almost had the same team. 

Haha nah I have plenty of defense wins, but thanks for the thought!

Ooh lucky you have Alm and Azura. I tried pulling for those two when they had rate ups, but no luck. XD

Just now, Alternis said:

Haha nah I have plenty of defense wins, but thanks for the thought!

Ooh lucky you have Alm and Azura. I tried pulling for those two when they had rate ups, but no luck. XD

If it helps, I spent well over 150 orbs gunning for Ike, and got a Caeda and nifty 4.75% pity rate. I also went for Ryoma on the Herofest banner and got a second Alm instead. 

10 minutes ago, Eridras said:

If it helps, I spent well over 150 orbs gunning for Ike, and got a Caeda and nifty 4.75% pity rate. I also went for Ryoma on the Herofest banner and got a second Alm instead. 

Oh ouch. My condolences. ; _ ;

The worst summon experience I had was going for Eirika on her banner. Oh man the ridiculous amounts of orbs I spent...

I have her now though and she's one of my best unit's. Her and Nino tear apart a lot of teams in Arena.

Is this a good team for defense? i got only 1 defense this week.

Ryoma : - HP + ress

Fury 3

Desperation 3

Threaten speed 3

Kagero : + At – hp

Darting Blox 3

Despetarion 3

No one no hp.

Nino: + At – hp

Fury 3

Desperatin 2

Threaten At 3

All with new moon.

And the third one  I'm thinking between a dancer or Ike + hp – def ( Heavy blade 3 sword breaker 3 noone) Gordin(default and bowbreaker) Lilina(- ar + def, at + 3 skill swordbreaker 2)

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I've had unusually steep drops for no apparent reason. It just happens sometimes, there's no additional factors.

It was a first for me... 

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Surrendering doesn't affect your placement in the tier. If it did, I would have seen it last season since I had to surrender several times to get my deathless streak. My ranking didn't plummet and an offense score of 4830 and a defense one of 582 secured me a rank up from tier 15 to 17. From my experience in tier 16 and 17, a mid 4.7k score is pretty middling. You need a score above 4.8k for the best chance at promoting.

You drastic drop could just means that a lot of people suddenly finished a good deathless run with new merged/bonus characters and got a high defense score.

I can see that and I definitely the scored a lot lower then I usually do (trying out a new team) I just found it strange that I dropped off so fast that day. But it's good thing to know there's no correlation, oh just so you know I get really high defense scores, so it's good there so that's not the problem... but yeah I shouldn't of jumped the gun with my accusations. Oh well Hopefully I'll be able to pull a better score soon lol. 

Edited by Locke087

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Is this a good team for defense? i got only 1 defense this week.

Ryoma : - HP + ress

Fury 3

Desperation 3

Threaten speed 3

Kagero : + At – hp

Darting Blox 3

Despetarion 3

No one no hp.

Nino: + At – hp

Fury 3

Desperatin 2

Threaten At 3

All with new moon.

And the third one  I'm thinking between a dancer or Ike + hp – def ( Heavy blade 3 sword breaker 3 noone) Gordin(default and bowbreaker) Lilina(- ar + def, at + 3 skill swordbreaker 2)

Ryoma and Kagero probably want Vantage over Desperation. You'll wanna put some hones and/or rallies on your other units, otherwise Nino's not going to be all that helpful.

1 hour ago, Locke087 said:

I can see that and I definitely the scored a lot lower then I usually do (trying out a new team) I just found it strange that I dropped off so fast that day. But it's good thing to know there's no correlation, oh just so you know I get really high defense scores, so it's good there so that's not the problem... but yeah I shouldn't of jumped the gun with my accusations. Oh well Hopefully I'll be able to pull a better score soon lol. 

Yeah, things are just going to be a little more competitive now than they used to be. For reference, a score of 4836 is rank 315 right now in Tier 16. Even that started out at about 120 when I first got it.

17 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Got a second defense win for a score of 556, this time against a player who owns a +Spd/-HP Takumi with Poison Strike and Reposition.

That reminds me of a team I faced that had Poison Strike on Takumi and M!Robin...I stared at those two in puzzlement for a bit before sending in Nino to destroy them =P .