Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I don't have any merged units either and I might just move up to tier 18 (currently rank 4358 in tier 17). Guess having Hector and almost fully skill inherentanced units helps a lot.

Anyhow, you'll probably return to tier 17 soon enough, when all the whales have reached tier 20.

Yep, not running any armours this season kinda tanks my score. My initial highscore was done with incomplete SI due to the 1 day gap between the banner drop and the season start. Tried to get a higher one but horse emblem+bridge map is just no.

I hope the defensive tile maps come back next season since I tend to play better on them.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Just letting you know, but a 4836 offense score coupled with a 582 defense score puts me at rank 2420 in Tier 17. It's enough to make the jump to tier 18, but things are indeed more competitive at higher tier.

That is why i'm kind of glad that I forgot the last season was ending and never finished my 7 win streak. (I had 5 in a row and 2 crests left to use but I just forgot to do it). Now when I move up to Tier 17 there will be more people in there, and the majority of the super whale teams will have moved out. 

Haha, I have the same exact defense score as you too. 582.

Does anyone know how many people are in Tier 17? There are 36,026 in Tier 16.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

That is why i'm kind of glad that I forgot the last season was ending and never finished my 7 win streak. (I had 5 in a row and 2 crests left to use but I just forgot to do it). Now when I move up to Tier 17 there will be more people in there, and the majority of the super whale teams will have moved out. 

Funny how we have the exact same defense score as well. I'll try my best in Tier 18, but I know I'm bound to hit at wall at one point since most of my merges are +1 or +2, so I won't be able to compete with the score team with +10 merges obtain.

Don't know exactly how many people there are in Tier 17 currently, but currently, the lowest rank is 9,059. (though I guess that means there's around that many people in Tier 17)

11 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Tier 17 has 9,059 people in it right now, with 50% moving up to tier 18 after this season and 30% dropping. I'm not sure how many people move up to tier 17 this week, but it'll probably be more people indeed. Funny enough, I was considering holding back last week so I would move up to tier 16 instead of tier 17, but decided it was more fun to try advancing as long as I could.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'll try my best in Tier 18, but I know I'm bound to hit at wall at one point since most of my merges are +1 or +2, so I won't be able to compete with the score team with +10 merges obtain.

This is pretty much how I'm feeling as well, apart from the fact that I don't even have any merges...

Arena starts to feel too hard for me, even if I win 7 battles consecutive (with Adance fights), last season I was unnable to go up to lv Tier 14, I didn't go up or down, I stayed in the same.

This time it looks that I'm going up to Tier 14 finally, I got 3090 points and I'm 17,853 in the rank with only 7 hours left, but this is only because I did a cheap team with Subaki and Xander for the bonus points, I'm only up for using their bonus :/

Last week I stayed the same. This week I´m set to go up 1 rank which is good. I´m mostly worried about my inability to win on defence.

WHen I face enemies they are always about 2 tiers below me when I select Advanced. If it´s the same for my opponents on defence then my squad faces people at tier 18+. I don't see myself winning defence anymore like this.

6 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

This time it looks that I'm going up to Tier 14 finally, I got 3090 points and I'm 17,853 in the rank with only 7 hours left, but this is only because I did a cheap team with Subaki and Xander for the bonus points, I'm only up for using their bonus :/

You only need one unit for bonus, you don'tneed Xander AND Subaki

Maybe if you could make a better team with Xander and 3 other 5 stars you could get a deathless run and reach maybe around 4.4k+?

On 20/05/2017 at 3:54 PM, salinea said:

The trouble with climbing two ranks with a nice score last week is that now just holding is much more difficult.

My first deathless run at rank 17 with a (kinda average all things considered) score of 4776 lands me at rank 5815, in the squishy middle for now, with serious risk of dropping.

I can try to grind SP on Roy a lot to hope getting a better score average, bleh.

Finally managed another deahtless run after a lot of SP grind (fucking bridge map with two mages fucked another attempt) and I'm just at a score of 4784. I feel luck wasn't on my side, the teams I faced were mostly at 682 when they could have gone as high as 686 more often with this team, but even so that's pretty meh. Rank isn't updated yet though.

Man this is completely disheartening. Like no matter how much I try I can't manage not to drop a rank.

11 hours ago, Arcanite said:

You only need one unit for bonus, you don'tneed Xander AND Subaki

Maybe if you could make a better team with Xander and 3 other 5 stars you could get a deathless run and reach maybe around 4.4k+?

Oh, but I used Subaki to swap Xander away of blue mages! That's why I used him in this cheapy team xD, Subaki is my only blue flier in lv40, and Xander is not 40 yet, so, he was usefull to bait the blue mages!

I was thinking in switching my Leo for Xander in my main team that right now is: Oboro, Takumi Nino and Leo. I can win with them, I even have received defense points with them, but now I started to think in switch my Leo for his niisan. Leo has been doing good job actually, but Xander sounds better to counter the spam of Hectors I have found around these days in the arena and I don't always have the luck to one shot them with Ignis!Oboro after all

Edited by SniperGYS

20 minutes ago, salinea said:

Man this is completely disheartening. Like no matter how much I try I can't manage not to drop a rank.

When the psycho players start crowding up the higher tiers, it'll be a little easier. right now the highest tier is 17 so everybody who's OP OP is in this tier. I'm sure you'll be able to stay in T17 next season, since people in tier 17 now will be in 18!

11 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

and I don't always have the luck to one shot them with Ignis!Oboro after all

Why does Ignis Oboro do 28 damage? LOL Thats way too much

13 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Oh, but I used Subaki to swap Xander away of blue mages! That's why I used him in this cheapy team xD, Subaki is my only blue flier in lv40, and Xander is not 40 yet, so, he was usefull to bait the blue mages!

I was thinking in switching my Leo for Xander in my main team that right now is: Oboro, Takumi Nino and Leo. I can win with them, I even have received defense points with them, but now I started to thin in switch my Leo for his niisan. Leo has been doing good job actually, but Xander sounds better to counter the spam of Hectors I have found around these days in the arena

1. Level Xander to 40

2. Xander isn't going to counter Hector that well, UNLESS he's 5 star. Is your Xander 5 stars?

3. Have you ever considered using a dancer team instead?

Also, I'm assuming blue mages really hurt you a lot. What do you have one your Nino? Cause she's a pretty good Blue mage counter if you gave her fury (or if you just kept RES+3)

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

When the psycho players start crowding up the higher tiers, it'll be a little easier. right now the highest tier is 17 so everybody who's OP OP is in this tier. I'm sure you'll be able to stay in T17 next season, since people in tier 17 now will be in 18!

True but not super useful if next season I'm not in T17 anymore :P

4794 in a run with a bit better luck in scores gets me in the middle rank by 227 spots... now if that doesn't drop in the next four hours, I'm good.

It's kind of of.... *shrugs* maybe? Ranks do seem to be dropping quickly lately though.

5 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Welp, guess I'm dropping to tier 16. Oh well, can't really be helped when I don't have any merged 5*s on my team.

I got 4 deathless streaks this week with no merged units: 4800, 4812, 4818 and 4816. For the last two, all the slots of all my units were filled with skills at their maximum level, except for a single slot at level 2. I don't know if I'll move to tier 18, but staying a little while in tier 17 without merged units looks feasible. The most painful part of not having units to merge is to spam the defense mission 5 hard over and over again to scrap those damn SP. No way I'm doing this again for just one orb and a handful of feathers.

IMG_1978.JPG

The whole merges thing is why I decided I can never ever use any 5* exclusives. I have neither the luck nor the willingness to throw in the requisite amount of money to circumvent my poor luck to build merges out of that. I almost feel like it's too much trying to hope for and push for merges with two units that pull as 4-5. Probably helps that the star of my team is a 3-4 pull who I can at least somewhat count on getting by pulling green enough and then merge her up with enough feathers. Of course, even with just a Nino +2 (I also have a Nowi +1, but somehow ended up with both being 5* versions), I've already dropped so many feathers into staying competitive in the Arena that I'm technically at an overall deficit. Would not recommend if you care about having feathers for other things.

Holding on for dear life to stay in Tier 17.

Score of 4792...

But I really can't do much better with a 4* on my team, and spending 20k feathers to promote Subaki or Xander to 5* is absolutely not worth it. Even if it would allow me to stay in the tier, it gets me a few hundred extra feathers but costs 20k to get that... so it's very much a bad investment.

VpEV19o.png

Finally got a decent Celica after four straight -Atk pulls (three of them +Spd) and got around to doing my last-minute arena push. Also finally back from Anime Central so I actually had time to train said Celica. I'll probably replace her with my [+Atk, -Def] one for next season.

Tier 17
Score: 4,976
Rank: 475 (not sure if up-to-date since the hour reset happened after my fifth or sixth run)
Defense: 304 (10) (gave up on including a bonus hero)

Current offense team:

+0 Celica [+Spd, -Res] (Ragnarok, Rising Light, Distant Def 2, Renewal 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def, New Moon, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Atk +1)
+9 Julia [=] (Naga, Dragon Fang, Resistance +3, Breath of Life 3, S Fortify Res 1)

Current defense team:

+9 Julia [=] (Naga, Dragon Fang, Resistance +3, Breath of Life 3)
+0 Cherche [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Death Blow 3, Hone Fliers)
+6 Camilla (Spring) [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers)
+8 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, S Fortify Res 1)

Edited by Ice Dragon

Seeing as the likelyhood of me pulling either Ryoma or Ephraim for merges is almost non-existent. I've been thinking about switching those two for heroes available at 3*. Ephraim could be probably replaced by F!Corrin who should be speedy enough to make up for some of her horrible atk. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a fast and hard-hitting red sword with decent def like Ryoma, plus I'll be losing built-in distant counter. Maybe I'll try Olivia, because at least she's a dancer. 

28 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Holding on for dear life to stay in Tier 17.

Score of 4792...

But I really can't do much better with a 4* on my team, and spending 20k feathers to promote Subaki or Xander to 5* is absolutely not worth it. Even if it would allow me to stay in the tier, it gets me a few hundred extra feathers but costs 20k to get that... so it's very much a bad investment.

Why not just promote Alfonse? Having the Askr trio 5* means you have a guaranteed bonus unit every season in case you can't pull one/happen to have one.

Of course, if you just wait, Tier 17 will fill up with a ton of people, so you'll probs head into 4 orb per week territory in a few weeks anyway.

Looking at my current results, I'll be heading up to Tier 17, but I don't think I'll manage to get enough points to go past that next season. I think I'll probably level out there. We'll see, though. I don't really tend to run merged units, and they're usually low bst, since I still prefer to promote units I like rather than just to merge uber strong ones. But I'm happy being there :) 

And Reinhardt still needs several skills. Maybe he'll provide the push necessary to advance me last second ^.^''

22 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Why not just promote Alfonse? Having the Askr trio 5* means you have a guaranteed bonus unit every season in case you can't pull one/happen to have one.

Of course, if you just wait, Tier 17 will fill up with a ton of people, so you'll probs head into 4 orb per week territory in a few weeks anyway.

I just don't like Alfonse - as a character and as a unit. He is very slow, and I do not like slow units for the arena, unless they make up for it (like Hector). There might be ways to build him to be alright - he might be a good brave sword user but that's another 20k feathers for a brave sword+, but he's not a unit I'm interested in. I'd rather not invest 20k feathers in a units I really don't like.

I'm just a little bummed I might fall a tier simply because I don't have a 5* bonus this week. But as I said, it's not worth spending 20k feathers to get an extra few hundred + an orb.

edit: 6318 / 6355 rank to stay in tier 17, 1 hour left.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Arena starts to feel too hard for me, even if I win 7 battles consecutive (with Adance fights), last season I was unnable to go up to lv Tier 14, I didn't go up or down, I stayed in the same.

Try using a Lv 1 Dancer. Or the lowest level one that you have. Seriously, it's an easy way to get to at least 4,000 points. Only choose advanced.

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Tier 17 has 9,059 people in it right now, with 50% moving up to tier 18 after this season and 30% dropping. I'm not sure how many people move up to tier 17 this week, but it'll probably be more people indeed.

Half of Tier 16 is moving up to Tier 17. That's 18,059 people right now. And I imagine some people from Tier 15 will be jumping up to Tier 17 again as well, so Tier 17 is going to be getting much larger than it was this week. Around 3x larger.

Tier 17 score of 4828 (no surrenders; no deaths; 688, 686, 690, Nino +2d, 686, 692, 690, 696):

• May 21 3:00PM PT - #2857
  • May 22 3:00PM PT - #3188 (/4539)

Really glad I went for that new score because the rate of decay here has me convinced that I would've gotten pushed out of ranking up with the old score. Up to 18 defenses now, which is just insane (though nothing has scored higher than 580).

....Pretty sure I'm going down the tier.

Least I hit over 4k on offense with a mostly 4* team (exception being Azura), so we'll see how that goes next time (fassumrassum when your bonus units are Roy, Xander or underlevelled Alfonse, and the other 2 are also below level 40)

Score of 4792

Rank 6334 5 minutes before seasons end

Rank 6357 was the cutoff to stay in Rank 17

Looks like I made it, barely.

Staying at 17 is probably the best I can hope for until there's a bonus unit I have a 5* of.

MR5Wzxd.png

Hmm... feathers came out pretty early this time.  This week, I got a score of 4741 (one death run), with Roy+2 as the bonus character.  The cutoff to get into Tier 17 was fairly large so I got bumped up, even without a perfect run.

For defense, I used my offense team, which got me 3 defenses of about ~578.  I then switched back to my normal defense team to get six more.

Total earnings: 5100 feathers + 3 orbs, (+) Tier 17