pianime94

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

LOL

They had a full armor emblem team, and still had 0 switch ins to reposition

That ain't a quarter of the game,

It ain't half the game,

not even 5/8's of the game,

Reveal hidden contents

THATS THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE Game

Reveal hidden contents

*Effie with distant counter*

*Ursula still kills her*

That is not a counter

52 minutes ago, JSND said:

Hector got one shot

"That Vantage didn't matter!"

Ursula activates Threaten Res

"Put em on a timer"

I love me some Pokeaim.

Some of those new maps look pretty interesting. Are those 5 the only maps for the season? Or are they just added to the pool of the other defensive maps we had?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's just 'cos I'm used to the defensive tiles, but I'm enjoying the new maps so far. Not had any deaths but only had three battles at the moment.

Xander is just killer, though. I'm so glad I promoted him :D

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I love me some Pokeaim.

3 words:

Spoiler

MMMMBEASHT

Spoiler

MMMMMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTT

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Some of those new maps look pretty interesting. Are those 5 the only maps for the season? Or are they just added to the pool of the other defensive maps we had?

Probably the only 5 for this season. That's the way they did it for the other maps to. They switched it out every week for a new set, as opposed to just slamming everything into one huge pile of maps

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

These five are the only maps this season. They are to rotate No Fort Tile Set 1 → Fort Tile Set 1 → No Fort Tile Set 2 → Fort Tile Set 2 → No Fort Tile Set 1 again.

4 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Its switch a good skill for defenses Plis?

Do you mean Swap? Every support skill is good for different situations. I find it most difficult to deal with Mages with the Draw Back skill, so that might be good for a defense team. Stay away from Shove and Smite for defense.

Distant counter and Close counter are good for defense teams. Before the Hero fest banner, I was lucky if I got even 1 defense win per week. Since adding a +1 Ryoma and a Hector to my team, I have gotten 8+ defense wins per week, including a win in the first 6 hours of every season so far with them. I realize that they are quite rare and not everyone was able to get them, but they work. I also added Wings of mercy 3 to my Sharena at the same time I added Ryoma and Hector.

Train up Xander, give him Vantage 3 and promote him to 5*. He will be good for getting defense wins. Also give some units Wings of Mercy. It catches people off guard and is hard to plan for.

My defense team has had these 3 locked in for a while:

+1 Ryoma +Spd/-Def - Fury 3 - Vantage 3 - Hone Spd 3 - Swap - Astra

Hector +Atk/-Res - Distant Counter - Vantage 3 - Goad Armor - Pivot - Dragon Fang

Sharena - Spd +3 - Wings of Mercy 3 - Fortify Def 3 - Rally Attack - Blazing Flame

The fourth slot goes to my best 5* who is a bonus unit for the season, unless Sharena is a bonus unit then I bring whichever 5* I feel like using. I have a 5* Anna for when she is the bonus. She has HP +5 - Vantage 3 - Spur Res 3 - Swap - Astra

I use my Defense team in the arena.

Try to imitate whatever it is that you have a hard time going up against. Chances are that other people will struggle with it too.

I don't think I can make it to Tier 19 this week, so I'm not worrying about getting a deathless run at the moment, just hitting that 4k offense threshold. Which is good, because I already have a death as of my third match. It should get a lot easier the second time around, anyway.

2 deaths on the mountain map nets me a score of 4666. Using the same team as last week with no changes to them but I seem to be getting slightly higher scores per match now (684~692). If I complete a deathless run, I should finally be able to break into the 4.8k range. Also got a defence score of 578 so I'm set for the week!~

I won easily my 3 matches of today, but a score of 682 on each one pretty much ensures that I'll have to make another try after this batch of 7 if I want to have a chance to go up to tier 18. Or even staying on 17, I don't know what's the threshold.

Edited by Taim Meich

L

1 hour ago, Whistle said:

just fin arena just now. New maps was fun :D. 

Only tier 13 

5138 on offense. 616 on def. 

Capture18.PNG

Capture19.PNG

Wow that's  impressive.

Just curious, how do you find fighting mages with this team?

Just now, Okigen said:

L

Wow that's  impressive.

Just curious, how do you find fighting mages with this team?

If i found one 2-3 opt 

1. stack ward and just stright up counter. With all ward i can fentch about 1-2 mage with right colour 

2. repostion with roy and stight up kill on player phase 

3. sit on def tile and become meat grinder

XD

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Congrats on your Lilina. As an aside, putting in a good word for Celica gave me some good fortune too. Finally started doing pulls on the new focus and got her in my second summon :x Genny pls come home to me I didn't even want Celica

I haven't played the new maps yet because Echoes, but here:

I assume you don't have Vantage then? Or are you seeing more mounted mages than infantry ones? Kagero shouldn't have any issues dealing with them once she gets low, but alas.

I'd honestly recommend just taking a break if you're getting tilted. I'm pretty much the same way in getting nothing accomplished the instant I start getting frustrated at something. You need a level head for these matches because they can legit get stressful especially if it's Horse Emblem on defense tiles...

@JSND Reposition is busted. I miss having Hana and Lucina on my arena team.

Nice, congrats.

I kept misplaying and putting her in bad spots, like miscalculating damage and she gets one shotted or she gets killed by a melee unit. I'm thinking of giving Kagero Ardent Sacrifice so she be in vantage range safer, it works on allies with full HP right?

Yeah I should, just stupid things like Horse Emblem and Dancer AI being an unpredictable bastard gets to me,  I used to be able to shrug off losses, but the pressure of promoting/remaining is just getting to me.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope. The target must have damage to use Ardent Sacrifice.

Damn, thanks for the assistance.

Edited by Fei Mao

1 hour ago, Fei Mao said:

I kept misplaying and putting her in bad spots, like miscalculating damage and she gets one shotted or she gets killed by a melee unit. I'm thinking of giving Kagero Ardent Sacrifice so she be in vantage range safer, it works on allies with full HP right?

What @Ice Dragon said.

Regardless, Reciprocal Aid on another ally is better so Kagero doesn't have to waste her action just to proc a skill for next turn. I prefer Draw Back since she is a ranged unit though.

Is it me, or are Horse Emblem teams becoming increasingly common? I can't seem to get a chain going.

My 5* Xander wound up dying in a single round to a Cecilia running Gronnblade... even though he has WTA, got a Fortify Res 1 buff, Spur Res 3, and Goad Cavalry.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Holy fucking shit I just lost like 5 times in a row in the Arena.

Lol getting a streak isn't even the point anymore, I can't win deathless. Some of these maps are so skewed towards the AI.

Have they changed AI movement rules or something? I swear they haven't been as predictable.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy