Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I decided to pop a crest and see if I could get teams I'd want to face. Problem is that all 3 dueling swords got me a horse lead (2 of them were from the SAME PLAYER) for the Advanced level.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Holy fucking shit I just lost like 5 times in a row in the Arena.

Lol getting a streak isn't even the point anymore, I can't win deathless. Some of these maps are so skewed towards the AI.

Have they changed AI movement rules or something? I swear they haven't been as predictable.

With how Defense tiles change calculations, it is not the AI behaviour changing but more that they are adapted to the new maps.

On a plus, these maps make Horse Emblem a lot easier to deal with since your tank will be on the defense tile while baiting the horse mage turn 1.

5 minutes ago, Clogon said:

With how Defense tiles change calculations, it is not the AI behaviour changing but more that they are adapted to the new maps.

No, I'm getting caught off guard by Dancers, actually. They're not dancing the melee units they usually do.

These walls are getting annoying now.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No, I'm getting caught off guard by Dancers, actually. They're not dancing the melee units they usually do.

Do the range units have Rally? It will usually go rally>attack>melee movement>range movement with dance inbetween all actions unless the dancer is in attack range.

Just now, Clogon said:

Do the range units have Rally? It will usually go rally>attack>melee movement>range movement with dance inbetween all actions unless the dancer is in attack range.

No. They're dancing the ranged units. Maybe they're just being smart with the new zigzag map.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No. They're dancing the ranged units. Maybe they're just being smart with the new zigzag map.

This is because the zigzag map has destructibles with fall into "attack" priority. They will use range attacks first to destroy the walls.

I still can't go 7 matches without running into bullshit like Reinhardt + Dancer on the zipper map or a stupidly high merged Marth that can somehow do 19x2 to Ephraim.

Fuck it, I'm going back to Echoes 

This is by far the worst set of arena maps ever created.

Edited by Korath88

I originally had 17 orbs. Then I spent 3 orbs because I was angry that my arena streaks were broken time and time again. I now have a deathless streak completed, but I'm also further away from a full roll. 

Why am I like this

51 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Holy fucking shit I just lost like 5 times in a row in the Arena.

Lol getting a streak isn't even the point anymore, I can't win deathless. Some of these maps are so skewed towards the AI.

Have they changed AI movement rules or something? I swear they haven't been as predictable.

Is this the moment where I tell you to git gud?

Just now, Clogon said:

Given the fact that she oneshots every non red unit in the game. I fully understand this hate.

Even with red units I'm wary of baiting her. Ike and Xander don't exactly have stellar res.

Guess everyone here is having trouble as well, I restarted my run and hopefully I can get a higher score without raging. Currently my score of 4,701 puts me at rank 2,500 in Tier 17.

29 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Also, my least favorite enemy units in the arena:

1. Dancers

2. An uber-buffed Spring Camilla with Gronnblade+

3. Horse Emblem

Same here, really hate how unpredictable dancer AI can be and Horse Emblem is so dominant on this new lava map.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Is it me, or are Horse Emblem teams becoming increasingly common?

I have the impression that the game tries to make mirror matches. I ran dancing cavalry for one month, and I was often paired with cavalry. I'm running Pegasus Emblem since the last rotation, and cavalry is much less frequent. Armor Emblem now constitutes about 50% of my matchups, and I see a few Flier Emblems too.

My first suggested team was led by Olwen. I noped out quickly.

A fort tile saved my Reinhardt’s ass on the diagonal mountains map: a Hana next to tinked him, which charged up his Draconic Aura, letting him counter-kill an attacking Linde.

But then I mistakenly (or not?) let Soren be impaled by a danced Eliwood on a square forts map. He did take out a Reinhardt before, of course, so his sacrifice was not in vain.

Great, another new set of maps to learn.

Last time they introduced new maps with defence tiles, I struggled mightily the first few days until I finally went deathless and earned a new personal best score on the last day.

I really dislike the ship map with breakable boxes. It's a nightmare if the enemy team has a dancer. Things get so clustered together.

I seem to be running into a ton of teams with dancers now. It seems that just about every enemy team I face now has a dancer all of a sudden. And no bonus units either.

19 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Do you mean Swap? Every support skill is good for different situations. I find it most difficult to deal with Mages with the Draw Back skill, so that might be good for a defense team. Stay away from Shove and Smite for defense.

Distant counter and Close counter are good for defense teams. Before the Hero fest banner, I was lucky if I got even 1 defense win per week. Since adding a +1 Ryoma and a Hector to my team, I have gotten 8+ defense wins per week, including a win in the first 6 hours of every season so far with them. I realize that they are quite rare and not everyone was able to get them, but they work. I also added Wings of mercy 3 to my Sharena at the same time I added Ryoma and Hector.

Train up Xander, give him Vantage 3 and promote him to 5*. He will be good for getting defense wins. Also give some units Wings of Mercy. It catches people off guard and is hard to plan for.

My defense team has had these 3 locked in for a while:

+1 Ryoma +Spd/-Def - Fury 3 - Vantage 3 - Hone Spd 3 - Swap - Astra

Hector +Atk/-Res - Distant Counter - Vantage 3 - Goad Armor - Pivot - Dragon Fang

Sharena - Spd +3 - Wings of Mercy 3 - Fortify Def 3 - Rally Attack - Blazing Flame

The fourth slot goes to my best 5* who is a bonus unit for the season, unless Sharena is a bonus unit then I bring whichever 5* I feel like using. I have a 5* Anna for when she is the bonus. She has HP +5 - Vantage 3 - Spur Res 3 - Swap - Astra

I use my Defense team in the arena.

Try to imitate whatever it is that you have a hard time going up against. Chances are that other people will struggle with it too.

WoW thanks, i dont have enough skills for that and i dont have Héctor and sharenna but can i do Ryoma, Ike (with vantage) and nino Kagero, gordin? Got two dancers Too. Vantage is the best skills for Defense right?

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I seem to be running into a ton of teams with dancers now. It seems that just about every enemy team I face now has a dancer all of a sudden.

Say thanks to banners with Azura and Ninian!