Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I wasted a bunch of crests trying to get deathless and I fudged it up on the last battle....So now I have a score of 4724 rank 3386 in tier 17. I think I'm going to take a break. Sick me does not mix well with all this strategic thinking. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I surprisingly moved up to Tier 18 from last week with Hector, Olivia, Xander and Reinhardt.

These new maps are tricky though, had 2 deaths in current run on the two Ls map because opponent had a Tharja, Reinhardt and Azura so there was no escaping the large danger zone from those three. (Enemy Hector was no problem).

That said, I guess since my play style is quite defensive, I like the fort tiles if I can get to them.

Also managed to get an early defense win. I don't know if it's the new maps or my Wings of Mercy abuse team (Reinhardt and Olivia flying about to hopefully help Vantage Hector and Fury/Quick Riposte Xander). All I know is it finally got me a defense win late last week since for some reason I wasn't getting any wins so I decided to sacrifice a Palla and a Frederick.

Edited by mcsilas

GAH!!!!

Stupid Hector blocking the stupid map up. I lost because of the stupid map being fully blocked up by one stupid Hector -.-

It was the diagonal mountain map. I can see why people hate it now. First time coming across it and there was nothing I could do. Normally I can bait or hit and run, but they just advanced slowly with no way of baiting. So annoying -.- First loss in a while.

Still baffled as to how I already managed my deathless run with this set of maps and my useless 4* Xander..... they are both horrendous..... also screw Horse Emblem and Dancers, hoping the AI does what it is supposed to do for seven matches in a row is painful.

Not gonna lie, arena is truly agonizing and it brings out the worst of the broken. But hey, not much you can do about it, ey? Good luck to the rest of you, I'm gonna surrend to easy teams from now on. I blame the banana peel that made my Ryoma slip on his butt, couldn't foresee that.

Also quite glad I didn't rank up last season, would have benn pointless up there at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd imagine Nils to also be blue. I could see Elphin as green, though.

Yeah but Nils being a G Bard will fill 2 roles add an additional G dragon and G Bard. Oh well. I am sure he will be blue like his sister but hopefully...

4 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Yeah but Nils being a G Bard will fill 2 roles add an additional G dragon and G Bard. Oh well. I am sure he will be blue like his sister but hopefully...

Arbitrarily assigning a color just because we need more of that color doesn't seem like the best way of going about it.

The current dragons at least have some consistency with their color choices. Tiki being a fire dragon makes her red (until she gets Mist Breath, she doesn't count as a divine dragon), Ninian being an ice dragon makes her blue (because Valaskjalf is blue despite ice traditionally being grouped with wind), and Fae and Naga being divine dragons making them green. I have no idea what Nowi is because I haven't gotten far enough in Awakening.

Tough arena for me this week.

Yesterday I managed three deathless battles. Today as well so I used up one crest wanted to finish it up... and got defeated. Damn! At least I passed the 4000 points boundary.

Two swords remaining I started another battle but surrendered as I lost one unit.

After that I kept on and won six deathless battles in a row. The seventh battle was a tough one with bad unit positioning on my side.

I somehow managed to survive that battle with one unit lost.

End result 4678 points.

I am tier 13 btw.

We need those daily dueling crests back!!!!

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have no idea what Nowi is because I haven't gotten far enough in Awakening.

We aren’t told what kind of a manakete Nowi (and by extension, Nah) is.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In that case, she's now a seaweed dragon.

If you’re referring to her model, it’s the same as Tiki’s and Nah’s anyway.

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Who is better for defend and atak IKe or ryoma, or two of them ( double red) ( Both fury 3 vantage i suppose.

Both of them

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The common Nowi build is Triangle Adept... Dragalge has Adaptability as its Hidden Ability...

When it is named adaptability when it really is just punch things really hard in the face

Seriously Adaptability is so broken in Pokemon. Only thing more broken is Chatot, Bidoof's ability, and Aerialate

Nowi Dragalge be like now I Droppin Dracos and it did ten million

1 minute ago, JSND said:

When it is named adaptability when it really is just punch things really hard in the face

Seriously Adaptability is so broken in Pokemon. Only thing more broken is Chatot, Bidoof's ability, and Aerialate

Nowi Dragalge be like now I Droppin Dracos and it did ten million

Chatot's broken? I don't remember that.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Chatot's broken? I don't remember that.

Its one of those pokemon had ridiculous concepts but the mon itself happen to be pretty bad because GF realized it. Kinda like Bidoof having godlike typing and hilariously overpowered ability on all 3 slot while also having joke stats. Or Odin

Mainly its Chatter being ridiculously overpowered and spammable and make battles into coin flip(its even more stupid in Doubles where its a spread for some reason), and it basically can spam Boomburst which is a 140 BP being spammable for free, and it had coverage from Heat Wave if you need it

Its actually the most overpowered pokemon in PS Randbats during XYORAS(note that you can get things like Giratina in RandBats and Chatot can still 6-0 them), and in BH Chatter is banned because at one point everyone realized theres no reason not to run the move on everything. IIRC its banned completely from actual online play, but its a good thing, considering that Thundurus is already a pretty unfair pokemon in VGC, and Chatot is an even more bullshit version of that

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

Its one of those pokemon had ridiculous concepts but the mon itself happen to be pretty bad because GF realized it. Kinda like Bidoof having godlike typing and hilariously overpowered ability on all 3 slot while also having joke stats. Or Odin

Mainly its Chatter being ridiculously overpowered and spammable and make battles into coin flip(its even more stupid in Doubles where its a spread for some reason), and it basically can spam Boomburst which is a 140 BP being spammable for free, and it had coverage from Heat Wave to do its shit

Its actually the most overpowered pokemon in PS Randbats during SM(note that you can get things like Giratina in RandBats and Chatot can still 6-0 them), and in BH Chatter is banned because at one point everyone realized theres no reason not to run the move on everything. 

Fun facts: Chatot actually 6-0 Denisss assuming you get a favorable roll on Zapdos

Lmao that sucks. Thankfully I never ran into Chatots much when I played.

10 hours ago, chirp said:

I have the impression that the game tries to make mirror matches. I ran dancing cavalry for one month, and I was often paired with cavalry. I'm running Pegasus Emblem since the last rotation, and cavalry is much less frequent. Armor Emblem now constitutes about 50% of my matchups, and I see a few Flier Emblems too.

So 2 cavalry units + 2 infantry units = more Horse Emblem teams. Seems legit.

8 hours ago, ignis_z said:

WoW thanks, i dont have enough skills for that and i dont have Héctor and sharenna but can i do Ryoma, Ike (with vantage) and nino Kagero, gordin? Got two dancers Too. Vantage is the best skills for Defense right?

Vantage is great on distant and close counter units. Ike, Ryoma, Xander, Nowi, Hector, Takumi, etc.

Run both Ike and Ryoma with the fury/vantage combo. Just make sure you have a good green to cover their weakness to blue. A green mage with Wings of Mercy would most certainly be able to swoop in and ruin someone's day. Wings of Mercy is also great on a dancer as well.

Good luck getting those defense wins you have been craving for so long!

Got my deathless streak (and defense win, yay!) already.  4764.  I'm thinking that score should be good enough to stay in Tier 17, but who knows!  

I had a way easier time this week than last week.  I guess I like these new maps?  However, I might just be getting lucky with my match-ups.  

Back to Echoes, hehe. :lol:

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Vantage is great on distant and close counter units. Ike, Ryoma, Xander, Nowi, Hector, Takumi, etc.

Run both Ike and Ryoma with the fury/vantage combo. Just make sure you have a good green to cover their weakness to blue. A green mage with Wings of Mercy would most certainly be able to swoop in and ruin someone's day. Wings of Mercy is also great on a dancer as well.

Good luck getting those defense wins you have been craving for so long!

Thanks dude! For the moment i cant do this combo but ill try some days with Ike and Ryoma. I have only one lonzu. I have to think so hard Who inherit. Got quick riposte too for Ike and Ryoma . 

Edited by ignis_z

Had a few laughs on my defense win:

IPcPn3Z.png

"Guess I'll get my chance another day... Ngh..."

-Chrom, the butt of Smash jokes.

In other news, got a 2-death 7-chain score of 4630. The 2 deaths were from my screwing up on positioning.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Lol one of the (15 now?) people that lost to me had a Klein with Daggerbreaker. He sacrificed a Kagerou for this? Why though? It's not like Daggerbreaker Klein can survive Kagerou, and there aren't really any other notable dagger users that Klein doesn't just shit on.

Update for 5090 (T18)

6am PDT 5/23: 29

4:45pm PDT 5/24: 48

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Defense score is 574. Only two of them, but such is the price of putting a fun-but-kinda-gimmicky unit as the head of your team & castle, and it's not like I need more than one anyways.