Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

My current rate of success this season is one failure out of 3 fights. That's... not getting me very far :/

I liked the previous series of Defense map, but not feeling these ones very much. Too much obstruction to movement.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My defence team of Sharena, Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren somehow earned me a win against a team worth 287 points.

Guess I’m not the only one fucked by new maps.

My condolences, person with Takumi as a leader and a Japanese username.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My defence team of Sharena, Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren somehow earned me a win against a team worth 287 points.

Oy vey

The scales have indeed been tipped my friend! You have a 287 defense score and I have nothing....

I guess that's what I get for rubbing it in huh? Sorry about that....... heh

Congrats! *feels somewhat guilty*

Offense Score: 4,764

Rank in Tier: 3,173

Promotion/demotion: I am being promoted to tier 18 :D (pretty comfortably too)

Defense score: None :/

Looks like we got a taste of the bitter sweets. No defense score, but surprisingly I'm going to tier 18 LOL

Can't wait to use my Sharena next season (pretty sure she's the next bonus unit). The Nino chronicles will be back again....

MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Say thanks to banners with Azura and Ninian!

I'm tempted to try and get Azura...
She could replace Sharena as my melee blue on weeks where Sharena is not a bonus unit.

But with rumors of a bride banner upcoming... What if it's Bride Eirika or Lyn?!? I would simply HAVE to get them!

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Tier 18 score of 4826 (no surrenders; no deaths; 688, 690, 690, 688, 690, 690, 690; same team as last week, but using Nino +2 from the start):

• May 25 12:30AM PT - #1368 (/1825 for Tier 19)

Chances of this score letting me rank up are very, very close to zero. RIP orbs and feathers, I guess. I didn't get the two grosser looking maps (boat, mountains), which is pretty odd. I did have a really close call on the zig-zag map, though. It was Julia + 3 horses, which meant in order to bait, I had to actually have Nino tank a blue melee attack. Thankfully, between Spring Xander being a super wimp, even with a cav buff, and Nino standing on a fort tile, she took a whopping 8 damage. I ran into a couple half-assed armour teams for whatever reason, too. The first had 3 armours and Ike, so naturally Ike ran out and died immediately without support. My final match had similar, but with Lucina in place of Ike. She also ran out and died immediately.

Still using the same defense team as last season and it's still picking up wins (got 5 with 580 as the high). Seems to be a little slower than last season, but meh. I only really need one. It's more a point of interest to see, comparatively, how well it does on these new maps versus ye olde guard from last season.

Went through bullshit teams like horse emblem feat. Azura on the zipper map and two distant counter+Wary fighter armor emblem teams only to get fucked over on the last match by Reinhardt on the boat map, who basically covered the entire map with his Attack range.

Fuck this shit, I didn't want to rank anyways. (Funny thing is, I might actually go up a tier because tier 16's rank thresholds are so generous)

Edited by Korath88

Of course, right after I say I didn't get the boat map, I get it twice. First fight was super scary (the cramped quarters made both matches kind of crappy, but at least the second had much more leeway). Rein +4, Cecilia 4* +10 and a Xander, backed up by an Azura. Thankfully, the Cecilia only had vanilla Gronnblade and no one providing Fort Cav (it was on her for whatever reason). This allowed me to surgically break a crate to have my own Xander immediately lure her to her doom after their Xander cracked the crate on their side. From there, it left me just enough room to bait Xander into Nowi and Rein into Nino. But if it wasn't for me being able to take advantage of the weird refresher action order (she went before Rein, instead of after), it'd have been a guaranteed lost unit.

The second one was Ike, Hector, Takumi and Azura. Ike was an easy lure, but Takumi had Draw Back and kept humping Hector, who was getting pushed forward two tiles by Azura. Thankfully, Nino one-shots Takumi and Xander one-rounds Hector, so I just had to let them get closer enough to have Nino blow up Takumi, then have Xander Reposition her out of the way such that Hector would be forced to fight him. That Azura was super weird, too, bringing LaD3. My Nino hit her for 72 damage. o.O

EIV00uS.jpg

Took me 5 dueling crests (not really a fan of these new maps) but I finally got my deathless run! Rank is somewhere in the top 1000 atm, so I'm set to move onto Tier 18. Finally broke into the 4.8k range so my next goal is 4.9k which I probably won't be able to reach for quite a while yet. Anyway, hope I'll have 5* bonus unit next season without having to summon/promote one

I have NO IDEA how the scoring system works. I spent 5 crests fighting without DC on hector and it made no difference in score whatsoever...

16 duels without DC:

Beg: 460-470

Int: 572-584 (yes this is an actual variance of 12 instead of 10)

Adv: 690-700

14 duels with DC:

Int: 574-580

Outside of the larger variance in Int matchs, there was absolutely no changes...

Edit:

All chars were 5* with full inheritance and seals. Only thing that changed between the runs was the removal of DC on hector.

Edited by Clogon

I may forget what a deathless run is at all.

I had no less than six deaths over this run. 4,355 points. I don’t think I’ve ever fallen that low. Four days left to improve, anyway.

The double-L map is a slaughterground. Boat map is a slaughterhouse. Zipper map is ridiculous, lava map was sort of sensible, #-map is whatever.

I can’t believe myself saying lava map is fine.

Got my deathless streak broken by a 10+5 Nino paired up with a Fury Azura... They were the last 2 standing, but Nino attacked first and got promptly danced to kill Ephraim.

Remember, people: if a unit will do 0 damage it won't prioritize attacking even if it is in range if said unit can do anything else. I was counting on Azura attacking Soren for 0, then Nino denting but not killing him thanks to G Tomebreaker, and then sweep in my turn with Tharja, Ephraim and Soren. But since Azura, being a melee unit and being in range to attack, waited, she got to dance Nino after the mage finished attacking.

Defensive tiles can indeed screw you up even if you're the one protected by them :D:

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Oh well, I should actually promote to Tier 17 this time... I hope

Even I am projected to move up at the moment. And my score is pathetic 4,355.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Even I am projected to move up at the moment. And my score is pathetic 4,355.

Hope you get to retry! I got 4719 earlier and was aiming for 4780 or so but I can't do math or something and neglected to account for Wings :(

I don't know if this is something new in Tier 18 but Celica+9 starts to pop up everywhere.

She kills Rein who is sitting on a defense tile damnit. And nowhere else to run. 

Edited by Okigen

Faced my first all hector team today, I just parked Ryoma in front of them and had Nino feed him ardent sacrifice every once in a while. Roy didn't even see combat. Easiest win by far. Now to see if I can keep up my luck and get a deathless run this time. Only need to win tomorrow's three daily swords and I'm good (but considering my current single death streak had a death on the 7th battle, I'm not getting my hopes up).

On 5/25/2017 at 9:19 AM, Kiran said:

Faced my first all hector team today

I faced mine yesterday:

Spoiler

Celica + Azura swept XD

Desperation actually helped a lot here. @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack You guys think Renewal would have done the same? Cause I would not have been able to heal every turn so eventually something would have happened

Though all three of my mages have draw back so that probably would have even'd it out when it comes to helping Celica get out of the way. All of them had swap and the second from the left had vantage. The rest were Vanilla.

Edited by Arcanite

34 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I faced mine yesterday:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2017-05-24-17-51-27.thumb.png.6433a6a02300859c99d4f19bb311d707.png

Celica + Azura swept XD

Desperation actually helped a lot here. @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack You guys think Renewal would have done the same? Cause I would not have been able to heal every turn so eventually something would have happened

Though all three of my mages have draw back so that probably would have even'd it out when it comes to helping Celica get out of the way. All of them had swap and the second from the left had vantage. The rest were Vanilla.

Wow... wish I had that. Roy could have just sat on the defense tile LOL

5 hours ago, Clogon said:

I have NO IDEA how the scoring system works. I spent 5 crests fighting without DC on hector and it made no difference in score whatsoever...

16 duels without DC:

14 duels with DC:

Outside of the larger variance in Int matchs, there was absolutely no changes...

Edit:

All chars were 5* with full inheritance and seals. Only thing that changed between the runs was the removal of DC on hector.

Did you give him something in place of distant counter or did you leave it blank?

5 hours ago, Clogon said:

16 duels without DC:

14 duels with DC:

Edit:

I typically find that the adding/removing of a single skill doesn't make much difference, kinda like how adding a single merge doesn't make much of a difference either. These two things aren't weighted too heavily. Though adding specials make a more noticeable variance. 

13 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Did you give him something in place of distant counter or did you leave it blank?

As stated in the edit, the only change was the removal of DC. Nothing was used to replace it.

Tier 18's too rough for me right now. These are the guys who have put probably hundreds of dollars-worth into the game and more, and will end up in tier 19/20 and stay there until they quit. There's no score belt to stay within tier 18 either; 40% go up to 19 and the other 60% go back to 17. At least next time I'm in tier 17, the fight to get back into tier 18 will be easier with all the bigger p2w crowd already up in tier 19.