Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

Tier 18's too rough for me right now. These are the guys who have put probably hundreds of dollars-worth into the game and more, and will end up in tier 19/20 and stay there until they quit. There's no score belt to stay within tier 18 either; 40% go up to 19 and the other 60% go back to 17. At least next time I'm in tier 17, the fight to get back into tier 18 will be easier with all the bigger p2w crowd already up in tier 19.

I'm glad I didn't double rank up then heh

I have 4,764 and I'm sitting pretty comfy in tier 17 right now. I am still getting promoted to 18 too. Its a little unfair that you can't stay in the upper tiers. Its literally get promoted or get rolled over XD

Once the higher ups get settled and crammed into tier 20, I hope I can make tier 19 at least once. That'll be my new goal lol

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Clogon said:

As stated in the edit, the only change was the removal of DC. Nothing was used to replace it.

That's pretty weird. Could you try using a low SP cost skill like a +3 and see what that does?

Or maybe only actually inherited skills make a difference and not just skills in general. Specifically only the skills that they don't have in their Vanilla forms? Hector for example, would only improve his score by learning a B-slot or an assist skill? And maybe a characters base value is determined by the cost of their base skills (along with theirs stats and LV etc) regardless of whether they are equipped or not. That would explain why Hector always seems to be so valuable.

I really wish IS would just tell us...

33 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

That's pretty weird. Could you try using a low SP cost skill like a +3 and see what that does?

Or maybe only actually inherited skills make a difference and not just skills in general. Specifically only the skills that they don't have in their Vanilla forms? Hector for example, would only improve his score by learning a B-slot or an assist skill? And maybe a characters base value is determined by the cost of their base skills (along with theirs stats and LV etc) regardless of whether they are equipped or not. That would explain why Hector always seems to be so valuable.

I really wish IS would just tell us...

Sadly, I don't have the resources to do such tests. Mainly, duel crests.

Edited by Clogon

2 hours ago, Kiran said:

I typically find that the adding/removing of a single skill doesn't make much difference, kinda like how adding a single merge doesn't make much of a difference either. These two things aren't weighted too heavily. Though adding specials make a more noticeable variance. 

I think merges are at least worth a solid base 1 point (which then gets multiplied to 2 by the bonus character). With Nino +1, I was seeing 684 somewhat uncommonly and 690 very rarely, with 688 being the norm. After +2ing her, 686 is the uncommon low score with 690 being the norm. Granted, this could possibly just be the new merge pushing me over said benchmark, but I feel like the chances are really slim if I've noticed this same effect for all three of my merge levels.

These new maps are tough to get used to; no longer does rushing forward and busting walls work as a reliable strat. Just let the enemy do it for you and position around wherever the wonky AI decides to go.

53 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:
Aww man. Oh well. This casual is pretty satisfied with this.

I finally got around to doing arena this week. Three failed streaks later, I have to settle with a run that also got two deaths in the last game.

Normally I'd keep trying for deathless, but I can't bring myself to do it now unless I were to get demoted to T16.

Anyone ever tried using a team consisting of three 5* units and one 3*?

Reason I am asking I was planning to promote the askr team, right now I am able to promote them to 4* and one to 5* but I feel a certain uncertainty. Basically thats not what I would like to do with those hard earned feathers. Rather a concept that would ensure a full 5* team for arena battles. Since its basically a logical assumption that they sre recurring units its entirely possible they will not day. 

So right now I am thinking to just leave them 3* lv. And max them out - the diffetence between 3 and 4* isnt that striking anyway.

Anyone ever done that before?

Currently sitting at rank 1721 in Tier 18. Considering the cut-off between promoting to tier 19 and demoting to tier 17 is rank 1837 and that there's 4 days left to the season, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up not making the cut. I guess an offense score of 4834 doesn't cut it in the higher tiers.

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm in rank 2,643 in tier 14 with 4,369 points... If nothing happens, I'm going to jump to tier 16... But this is only because Xander keeps getting the season bonus haha

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I faced mine yesterday:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2017-05-24-17-51-27.thumb.png.6433a6a02300859c99d4f19bb311d707.png

Celica + Azura swept XD

Desperation actually helped a lot here. @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack You guys think Renewal would have done the same? Cause I would not have been able to heal every turn so eventually something would have happened

Though all three of my mages have draw back so that probably would have even'd it out when it comes to helping Celica get out of the way. All of them had swap and the second from the left had vantage. The rest were Vanilla.

They're Hectors. You have 10 years worth of time to kill all of them lol. Renewal or Desperation doesn't really matter.

I was feeling good at my 5th match since it was deathless, spends a crest and gets to the last one and messes up. It's just had to the be the last one where I mess up....

I'm at 10,096 in T17 with 4,701 unless I improve my score it looks like I'm staying in 17. (Hopefully)

4 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Aww man. Oh well. This casual is pretty satisfied with this

Still at 94 dueling crests.

Not bad

If it was possible I'd trade you some feathers for those crests.

27 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I was feeling good at my 5th match since it was deathless, spends a crest and gets to the last one and messes up. It's just had to the be the last one where I mess up....

I can more properly empathize with you now that I've actually attempted the new maps this week.

Two deaths in the very last game, after three failed streaks, for 4,662. I'm just going to leave it at that unless I'm at risk of being demoted to T16.

My first time scoring over 4800. I had to be a bit selective with my last match, skipping 4 battles, before I got this one. Horse Emblem is easy wins in the arena, but it tends to lower scores. Everyone on this team is fully inherited with rank 3 skills except Reinhardt, who has Deathblow 2. Now for a defense win. 

Edited by Eridras

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I can more properly empathize with you now that I've actually attempted the new maps this week.

Two deaths in the very last game, after three failed streaks, for 4,662. I'm just going to leave it at that unless I'm at risk of being demoted to T16.

I can't wait for these maps to be out, like some of them are pretty decent, but most of them are just a pain.

: ( Sorry to hear that, hope you can stay in 17 as well with that score.

Edited by Fei Mao

Got a second defense win for a score of 558, beating out my previous 554 defense win. This one's from a Japanese player with a 5* +Def/-Spd Kagero with Swap, DB2, QR2, Spur Spd 2, and Spd +1 seal. The previous 554 win is from a player with a vanilla 5* +HP/-Spd Chrom that has yet to learn Aether.

insert busts over butts jokes

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

Anyone ever tried using a team consisting of three 5* units and one 3*?

Reason I am asking I was planning to promote the askr team, right now I am able to promote them to 4* and one to 5* but I feel a certain uncertainty. Basically thats not what I would like to do with those hard earned feathers. Rather a concept that would ensure a full 5* team for arena battles. Since its basically a logical assumption that they sre recurring units its entirely possible they will not day. 

So right now I am thinking to just leave them 3* lv. And max them out - the diffetence between 3 and 4* isnt that striking anyway.

Anyone ever done that before?

I used to run 3 5* and 1 4* unit, as I had no luck with focus units. I normally had a score of around 4770 deathless. With a full team of 5*, I saw my score jump to about 4790. So I'll say it makes a rather large difference. 

41 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:
  Hide contents

ptqvSrM.png

Why?

Same reason you put QR on Hector, it's preparation for the swap to Brave weapon. (A Brave pass user is actually pretty threatening, if they can somehow tank a round without dying.) That or just memes.

Also, I love how you can put pass on armors.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I saw that in the tower once, actually...I had a nice chuckle over that one =P .

As far as the Brave+Pass thing, yeah, I guess that could be it. Strikes me as more of a defense team thing since whoever has it is probably way overextending.

Still not having much luck, but things are getting better. I ended up switching out Hector for Titania. I slapped Fury and Iceberg on her for the time being. Eventually she'll get a cavalry buff as well. She's my Reinhardt bait. Green mages still like to cause trouble. I may have to make Sanaki a consistent part of my team. Sometimes Celica can get the job done. Sometimes she can't. I encountered a wicked fast/strong Julia the other day that wrecked her. I'm seeing all sorts of units on steroids!

I'm really curious to see who the bonus units for next season are going to be. There's Lloyd and Sharena for sure. I haven't touched Lloyd for at all, and Sharena hasn't been used since the last time she was a bonus unit.

Since I maxed out HM on M. Robin, and Nino isn't too far behind, I'm thinking that I'll try to rotate my characters around to maximize my HM collecting. I'll probably switch out Robin for Barblade!Ursula and Nino for Gronraven!Cecilia. With Cecilia, I won't need Titania as Reinhardt bait. So that leaves two slots open. One for bonus character, and the other for...maybe Sanaki or a dancer. I've got a lot of work to do for Cecilia in the time being...

Well, I got another deathless streak using my daily free swords, and it's my highest one yet!  Goodbye 4764, hello 4776!  :B):  Guess I fought some better teams this time.  

It feels so much easier to get a deathless streak when I'm not even trying... Like, this almost always happens to me.  I guess I just play better when I'm less nervous, which does make sense, ahah... 

Team: Olivia, Nino, Genny, Reinhardt.

11 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

This might be a stupid question, but can you Smite a unit with pass through an enemy?

17 hours ago, Jedrus Lilac said:

The stat increases aren't that great, but the higher leveled skills help to make the upgrade worth it. You should definitely consider taking Sharena and Anna to 5*. Sharena almost never leaves my Arena team, and Anna puts in a surprising amount of work when she is on it. My Alphonse however is still at 4*. I have a +def Chrom who just performs better than Alphose would, and I have gotten lucky with bonus units when it's Alphonse's weeks. Eventually, I will probably promote him, but he is a low priority right now.

You can always grind for feathers with Hero Merit. The normal difficulty on the new trial maps are great for it since they have LV40 enemies and only cost 5 stamina. Specifically, Trial 2 seems to be the quickest and easiest.