Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah I know, and really I get about the same enemy strength if I switch in Hector over S Camilla or Ike over Tharja too. (thought a noticable increase in points from matches with them)

And don't tease me by talking about Fury. I still haven't seen a Hinata despite playing from day 1. Thankfully none of my main units really care about Fury besides Eirika and Xander who had to settle for Fury 2 from all the Jagens I keep pulling.

I've been swimming in Fury fodder since Day 1. Jealous?

I'm almost done leveling my 4* Camus so I can bump him to 5*, kit him, and run him alongside Xander for my hybrid horse emblem team next week. Anything new you're looking to try?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed my usual update time...whoops.

5078 (T19):

6am PDT 6/1: 85

6:45pm PDT 6/2: 102

Teams faced detailed in the previous post.

Highest Def win is still 586. Assuming I don't need/want to promote someone for...other reasons...I'll probably bump up an Odin to give Caeda Blárblade+ and use her as my bonus unit next season.

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I've been swimming in Fury fodder since Day 1. Jealous?

I'm almost done leveling my 4* Camus so I can bump him to 5*, kit him, and run him alongside Xander for my hybrid horse emblem team next week. Anything new you're looking to try?

Yes, though it's partly my fault for hunting mainly blue orbs for basically months now.

I'd like to 5* my Camus too, and Cecilia is also awaiting the 5* treatment (not counting the one fed to S Camilla for Gronnraven+..). But the horses have to wait, since I got a Bride Cordelia and so all feathers must go to her for now. Unfortunately, I'm just short on promoting a Hana to 5* for LaD after getting a Brave Bow for her, so I probably can't have her finished before the season's over unless I get about 3k more in hero merit feathers somehow. I'll still probably use her as my bonus unit now, but I don't know if I'll hit enough points to go from 18 > 19 without her SI finished. I'm looking forward to trying her in the arena, and I wonder if she'll impress me enough to bump anybody from my main team when she stops being a bonus unit.

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Yes, though it's partly my fault for hunting mainly blue orbs for basically months now.

I'd like to 5* my Camus too, and Cecilia is also awaiting the 5* treatment (not counting the one fed to S Camilla for Gronnraven+..). But the horses have to wait, since I got a Bride Cordelia and so all feathers must go to her for now. Unfortunately, I'm just short on promoting a Hana to 5* for LaD after getting a Brave Bow for her, so I probably can't have her finished before the season's over unless I get about 3k more in hero merit feathers somehow. I'll still probably use her as my bonus unit now, but I don't know if I'll hit enough points to go from 18 > 19 without her SI finished.

Kozaki Yusuke 2 is super efficient on Hero Merit. Roughly one day's worth of Stamina is 4x 300 HM for level 40s. Dedicating just a little over three days to it could get you your feathers and more.

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Kozaki Yusuke 2 is super efficient on Hero Merit. Roughly one day's worth of Stamina is 4x 300 HM for level 40s. Dedicating just a little over three days to it could get you your feathers and more.

Damn that's a great idea. I forgot about those since I was focusing on the stratum quests right now. I might throw a couple stamina potions at doing that if I think I can make it, thanks for reminding me.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Still no defence wins. Worrying.

Keep this in mind the next time you throw shade at me

Well I had one for a while so the only thing I'm worried about is staying in the tier 18 promotion bracket, which seems pretty likely since cut off right now is rank 14,134 and I have a rank of 5,305. I'm only 8 points away from you in score too.

Hopefully I don't get scammed and lose out on rank 18 again. I'd be pretty steaming angry if that happened again XD

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I have a rank of 5,305. I'm only 8 points away from you in score too.

So I guess, it’s sort of a draw between us. I have higher score (and actually beat Camus on the first try), whereas you have a defence win.

For some reason I had the impression that I couldn't get defense battles until I played on offense

Today I finished leveling 4 colorless units, and I found out I had 5 defensive wins, which is a new high for me

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Bless @Whistle and his species for making our game hapen.

Still at 4,770 offence points, which is rank 4,410 in tier 17. Obviously, I’m projected to promote.

Cheers npnp ^^

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Bless @Whistle and his species for making our game hapen.

Still at 4,770 offence points, which is rank 4,410 in tier 17. Obviously, I’m projected to promote.

Cheers npnp ^^

5 minutes ago, TearingShadows said:

About rank 4200 with a score of 4772 in tier 17. No defense wins though. Has the mono color strat worked well for anyone in terms of defense wins?

I don't think mono color is very good in general. With the bonus units this week though, mono green would be the best. Then mono blue. There are 3 red bonus units but no one uses Henry, and the cost to make Lloyd good is high enough that he will be extremely rare. This leaves only Olivia, and her usage might be pretty high but anyone not using her will be using one of the many blue units.

Something like 3 green and 1 blue. or 2 and 2 might be pretty effective. Having Triangle Adept on one of each color would be a good idea too. Especially with a Gronnraven or Blarraven user, to combat the increasingly common Bride Cordelia.

Personally, I think having at least 1 of the 3 colors is the best for defense. At least that has been where I've gotten the most success.

I've gotten 4 defense wins today with Wings of Mercy 3-Sharena, Fury 3-Vantage 3-Ryoma+1, Vantage 3-Hector, and TA3-Drag Back-Nowi+2.

And that is 7 total for the week. I started out with a 2nd Hector in place of Nowi and I got no wins in the first 20 hours so I switched him to Nino, and I think after 2 days I had only had 1 win. Then after some serious grinding, my Nowi was ready so I switched her in and she has been pretty successful so far.

The initial Tier 20 should form at the end of this season, right? Does anyone know how many people are currently set to advance from Tier 19? Would also be interesting if anyone knows what scores currently seem poised to make it in or not.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

The initial Tier 20 should form at the end of this season, right? Does anyone know how many people are currently set to advance from Tier 19? Would also be interesting if anyone knows what scores currently seem poised to make it in or not.

Top 629 will promote to Tier 20. No idea what the score cutoff is.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Top 629 will promote to Tier 20. No idea what the score cutoff is.

My previous highscore of 4.987 points was rank 640 last I checked. That said, after a few merges and some more battles...

HELL YEAH! First time breaking through the 5K barrier! Rank 379 as of now and I'm feeling that might just be enough! Crossing my fingers!

Tier 17 Score of 4840 (1 surrender; no deaths; 688, 688, 692, 698,688,694, 692; Nowi +1, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +2):

• May 31 12:00PM PT - #172 (/12 554 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 1 3:00PM PT - #388 (/13 575 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 2 3:00PM PT - #529 (/14 035 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 3 3:25PM PT  - #677 (/14 424 to Tier 18)

Completed another streak, but the rolls for points were worse by 12 total. Defense count is up to 5 now.

On 01/06/2017 at 11:15 PM, salinea said:

rank #2,945 of tier 18 with 4,782. It was nice to finally be able to play Nino with Eirika (I had to phase her out just when I promoted Nino first for Ike then Roy). The result is indeed slaughterous. Kind of regretting giving Rally Res to Eirika now, cuz Nino doesn't really need it and Reposition might have been nicer...

That's a relatively low score though, so I'm trying the next sequence with Ike (with Aether on) for higher BST. Might have a shot to climb to tier 19 and it's one orb.

New score of 4,816 gives me rank #1447.

I think I'm good for tier 19.

This season's bonus heroes are a pain in the ass to work with.

Subbing Olivia in Ninian's place (Celica, Olivia, Nowi, Julia) just wasn't doing it for me, and subbing Sophia back in Celica's place didn't get me enough points.

Currently sitting here, but I'll probably try one more time tomorrow with a different team:

Score: 4,982 (deathless)
Defense: 584 (8)

Offense Team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Desperation, Spur Res 3)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Silver Sword+, Dance, Knock Back, Hone Atk 3)
+8 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, S Fortify Res 1)
+6 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers)

Raised my score a bit by using the daily free swords & surrendering to 686 teams.  4830, omg!  :D:

Also, somehow I got 7 defense wins!  I haven't had to scroll down to view them all in a looooooong time.  Last season I only had 1.

(Offense & Defense team is the one in the screenshot.)

Screenshot_20170603-195427.png

This season has been pretty rough, as you'll either go up or down by the end of the week in Tier 18 and I have to use 4* F!Corrin.  Though in the end, I think I managed well.

Offense team is: 5* Lilina, 5* Fae+1, 5* Azura, 4* F!Corrin.

So to get around low score problems, Lilina and Fae had AOE specials equipped since they don't really benefit from damaging specials (especially Lilina, since buffed Blade+ tome OHKOs greens and low res reds; making specials charge reallllly slowly).  This gave me scores ranging around ~684 with a max of 688 and min of 678.  Without AOE skills, the scores were about ~682 with a range of [678,686].  Though the average score per battle increased by about 2, the overall difference can be easily seen after 7 matches.

Went from a previous score of 4786 (which was approaching the cut off rank) to 4802 (Rank 2730 at Tier 18), both deathless.  In both cases I was semi-selective for high points battles.

Defense was pretty slow this week, as putting F!Corrin on the defense (along Abel, Fae, Lilina) has received a single defense rather late into the week with a score of 562 (281 equivalent without bonus).  This is noticeably lower than having my full 5* defense team, which usually gets multiple wins @ 287-290.