Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

The Arena quests also encourage sticking it out since a win is a win in terms of completion for it. Sometimes I'll surrender to reset my streak when this stuff isn't going on, but if there's orbs on the line for simply winning, I'll just power through and try again on the next streak. If I were to run out of chances to save crests by Sat, though, I'll tap into them for the deathless, but until then, it's better to be patient and see what I can double-dip for.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Astellius said:

Sure, but my reply was to @Rafiel's Aria. Her whole point was that she would refuse to surrender to someone who ruined her deathless run, because of that fact, but then would surrender immediately to the next person she faced.

So, to @Ice Dragon, she was convinced to surrender, but chose to give her surrender to someone who didn't earn it. She specifically is going out of her way to avoid surrendering to the person who actually defeated her.

@DehNutCase Again, she was given a reason to surrender. Indeed, she said she would surrender. But she's going out of her way to not surrender to the person who caused her to surrender. She's specifically denying a defense win to the person that otherwise earned it.

That just means her definition of 'earned' is different from yours. Hers is 'you have to wipe my team,' yours is 'you have to cause enough point loss that I have to redo the run.'

Incidentally, the game's definition is her definition. If she's willing to pay a sword just to uphold her definition... I don't actually care either way, I'll admit. Your definition is fine, her definition is fine, I don't care.

4 minutes ago, Astellius said:

So, to @Ice Dragon, she was convinced to surrender, but chose to give her surrender to someone who didn't earn it. She specifically is going out of her way to avoid surrendering to the person who actually defeated her.

Catching someone in a bad mood with no intent on winning is a decent way to earn a win.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That just means her definition of 'earned' is different from yours. Hers is 'you have to wipe my team,' yours is 'you have to cause enough point loss that I have to redo the run.'

Incidentally, the game's definition is her definition. If she's willing to pay a sword just to uphold her definition... I don't actually care either way, I'll admit. Your definition is fine, her definition is fine, I don't care.

First, she didn't give any definition of "earned". Don't impute onto her something she never said. My only point was that I thought it wrong that she would spite the people she otherwise lost against. She would lose a character, and then she made a point of it, on her, that she refuse to forfeit those battles, BECAUSE she lost a character, and then would forfeit the next round because she wanted to start a new run.

The game perfectly allows her to spite whoever she wants. But why should I support that?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Catching someone in a bad mood with no intent on winning is a decent way to earn a win.

How is this relevant to anything that was said? Again, she lost a character, which she considered something worth surrendering for, but wanted to spite the person that caused her to lose the character, so she refused to surrender. My point is that I don't support the spite.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

First, she didn't give any definition of "earned". Don't impute onto her something she never said. My only point was that I thought it wrong that she would spite the people she otherwise lost against. She would lose a character, and then she made a point of it, on her, that she refuse to forfeit those battles, BECAUSE she lost a character, and then would forfeit the next round because she wanted to start a new run.

Okay, she 'implied' that her definition of a 'earned' win is 'you wipe my team.' She implied this through her actions: where she won the fight and then gave the win to someone else (probably a 'easy' team so she gives the win to someone who actually needs it, if I had to guess), and through her forum post, where she didn't think you'd go off on her about what she did.

The game perfectly allows her to spite whoever she wants. But why should I support that?

Ok. Why should you make a big fuss about it?

You either care or you don't care.

If you care, what you should do is buy a bunch of orbs and start playing arena, and everyone who kills a member of your team will earn a win. You'll make up for not only her spite, but also the spite of everyone who thinks like her, as long as you play enough games.

If you don't care, then you don't care.

How is this relevant to anything that was said? Again, she lost a character, which she considered something worth surrendering for, but wanted to spite the person that caused her to lose the character, so she refused to surrender. My point is that I don't support the spite.

She clearly doesn't consider losing a character to be worth surrendering to the same person for, and it's therefore the opposing player's misfortune for being matched against her and the opposing team's loss to fail to wipe her team afterwards.

The next opponent has the fortune of being matched against someone that has no intention of winning. That's no less earned than having the fortune of being matched against someone who has finished their arena runs for the week and is feeling charitable and is spending all of their dueling swords surrendering.

Whoops. Sorry. Didn't mean to unintentionally derail the thread. Yeah. We're discussing it through PM now. But yeah, just to clarify here: 

-I don't auto-surrender to teams just because I lose a character. I like to prove to myself that I can beat the team even if I've made a mistake in doing so. I'd rather learn than give up even if it means wasting a crest having to surrender to another team. 

-I usually just push through the streak even if it's not going to be deathless. I don't bother just throwing in the towel unless 1.) I don't have a high enough score for the week or 2.) it's really late in the week, and I'm rushing to break my high score. If it's early in the week, or I already have a good deathless streak, there's no point in surrendering. 

Sorry if I offended anyone. But it looks like I'm not the only one that doesn't surrender until the last man falls. lol

Got my streak in!  4842, my highest yet!  Already got a defense win too.

Team: Hector, Olivia (+1), Reinhardt (+2), Anna

I keep running into full horse teams all of a sudden.  Guess my luck in avoiding those teams is finally running out.  I ran into a few full flier teams as well, but I don't have trouble with those.  

41 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Got my streak in!  4842, my highest yet!  Already got a defense win too.

Team: Hector, Olivia (+1), Reinhardt (+2), Anna

I keep running into full horse teams all of a sudden.  Guess my luck in avoiding those teams is finally running out.  I ran into a few full flier teams as well, but I don't have trouble with those.  

*high five*

I got a defense win too. I think this is the first time I've ever gotten one so quickly. O.o I'm running Hector, Camus, Xander, and Reinhardt (+1). 

I haven't done any battles yet though. I'll probably waste some dueling crests and see what kind of streak I can get tonight.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! I just had the most exciting match EVER. Like it was the first time I ever got the option to battle a team worth more than 688. (This one was in the mid-690s.) I knew I was in for a wild ride. It was Hector(+2), Takumi(+4), Reinhardt(+2), and Xander(+1). I told them to bring it, and they brought it. :3

But I came out victorious. All of the characters had Draw Back but none of them used it which was really surprising, but man was that rewarding. I ended up with a final streak score of 4810. 

My score will probably only get higher if I use my other merged characters. So I think I'll probably experiment with that. I'm thinking I'll switch to Hector, Reinhardt (+1), Katarina (+1), and Azura (+1) or Ninian (+1). Though upon closer examination, Kat and Azura have a lower BST than Xander and Camus, so IDK if it's worth using them even if they're merged.

A Horse Emblem team ruined my run. It was Cecilia, Olwen, Leo, and Camus. I hate Horse Emblem so much... Had there only been terrain to fight them on, it would have been much better. Ugh...

I managed to get deathless later though with a score of 4806. I doubt I'll promote from tier 19 to 20. The cutoff is so strict. I'll enjoy this for a week though

3 crests (I screwed up big time and got Camus sung straight into my Katarina...it did not end well for her) gets a score of 5064 (T20), which is currently rank 82. Switching Nino's special to Aether (I've had a couple Chroms sitting around twiddling their thumbs for months) really bolstered those score numbers.

Teams faced (I don't think I recorded some of the rarities correctly, so I've removed that column).

Spoiler

lDuTl4y.png

In other news, I've decided that the defense win situation from last week was less that the terrain maps screwed with people, and more that the defense team is straight-up evil. I switched Buff-phraim out for Reinhardt to lower the overall merge levels (to keep the team's strength closer together, which also had the happy side effect of turning the evil level up to 11), and wound up with 7 defense wins overnight. Current def score is 584.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

My team of Camus, Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren+1 already got a defence win worth 576. Neat.

They actually got three defence wins worth 572, 574, and 576 respectively. Woah.

Edited by Vaximillian

21 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

How Many points Will Be needed for tier 20 this week? The last week cuttof was 4820?

No way to know. Might be more than last week but should be less than two weeks ago.

52 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

How Many points Will Be needed for tier 20 this week? The last week cuttof was 4820?

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

No way to know. Might be more than last week but should be less than two weeks ago.

Exactly, way too early to tell.

My score was 4886 last week and there were 600+ people ahead of me who also got bumped down from Tier 20. Should be more more than 4800 but less than 4850.

I haven't completed a streak yet and those who have haven't said what their rank is. So there is very little data to go off of right now.

If you weren't in the top 1000 of Tier 18 last week, you probably won't make the cut to Tier 20 unless you can improve your score by a decent margin.

22 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Exactly, way too early to tell.

My score was 4886 last week and there were 600+ people ahead of me who also got bumped down from Tier 20. Should be more more than 4800 but less than 4850.

I haven't completed a streak yet and those who have haven't said what their rank is. So there is very little data to go off of right now.

If you weren't in the top 1000 of Tier 18 last week, you probably won't make the cut to Tier 20 unless you can improve your score by a decent margin.

wow then ill go to 18 another time, hehe i can win about 684 per round, but more of 684 all are dollars people with full armourded distant counter, full horse emblem etc.

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

wow then ill go to 18 another time, hehe i can win about 684 per round, but more of 684 all are dollars people with full armourded distant counter, full horse emblem etc.

I get 690 point for a battle on average and I haven't put a single penny into this game...

I did get lucky and pulled two 4* Reinhards I guess, so I have one merge level, but getting two Nino's to 5* costs about as much and isn't that hard.

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I get 690 point for a battle on average and I haven't put a single penny into this game...

I did get lucky and pulled two 4* Reinhards I guess, so I have one merge level, but getting two Nino's to 5* costs about as much and isn't that hard.

no no, i see the revials that gives you 690, i see a lot of them with rein +3 etc or horse emblem full buffed and is sososososo  hard to do a deathless. and 690 per combat  is 4830 i think not enough.

2 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

no no, i see the revials that gives you 690, i see a lot of them with rein +3 etc or horse emblem full buffed and is sososososo  hard to do a deathless. and 690 per combat  is 4830 i think not enough.

True, but 690 is just my average, so if I fish for higher scores, I can get higher then 4830. I managed to score 4842 last week, which I think will be enough to get into tier 20 this time.

Also, your opponents only being worth 690 points doesn't mean those teams can only get that number of points themselves.