Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

i only one, team? merged? vantage? horse reinh hector?

Fury 3 / Vantage 3 / Goad Cavalry (because no Jagen for Fortify) / Swap / Bonfire / Camus;

Death Blow 2 / Lancebreaker 2 / Hone Cavalry / Reposition / Draconic Aura / +Atk Reinhardt;

Triangle Adept 2 / Bowbreaker 3 / Draw Back / Iceberg / +Atk Lilina;

Fury 3 / Lancebreaker 2 / Swap / Iceberg +Spd Soren+1.

Mixed half-horse, half-infantry team that I also use on offence.

34 minutes ago, JSND said:

Hes common but that only goes as far as affecting you by giving free win 80% of the time

well yeah but I dunno this setup sounded kind of fun and flashy food for thought until I realise I never actually struggled against Nino to begin with:

"Bully the bookworks" (from an editor on Gamepress)

• Preferred nature: +res/-spd or +atk/-spd
  • Weapon: Brave Axe+ / Killer Axe+ / Carrot Axe+ / Emerald Axe+
  • Assist: Reciprocal Aid
  • Special: Sol
  • A slot: Triangle Adept 3 / Death Blow 3 / Fury 3 / Distant Counter
  • B slot: Green Tomebreaker 3
  • C slot: Panic Ploy 3

"So here's the thing. With Green Tomebreaker up, Hawkeye only takes one hit from Nino, Julia, Cecilia and SCamilla. Even at catastrophically high buff levels, they're unlikely to score a OHKO on him (assuming +res Hawkeye without involving A-slot, they'll need 78 atk - which is feasible for a player but borderline impossible for AI-controlled units).

Reinhardt will also have a hard time landing a one-hit kill on Hawkeye, and Blade Linde / Blade Olwen will have to rely on a lot of buffs to make it (which, again, AI-controlled units have a hard time actually doing). And this is, again, before Hawkeye's A-slot is taken into account."

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

8 defence wins this week. I love voting gauntlets.

I don't see the correlation...

I think it'd be nice to actually be able to watch your defense victories. My current team of nowi, adult tiki, nino, and hinoka gets a lot, but I'm not really sure which unit is causing the most trouble to other people. I know nino's great player phase, but a decent red should be able to one shot her if you don't let her attack first. My defense team is the same as my offense team and this week's high score was 4866. I expect my score to go down a bit next week though unless I get lucky with the bonus units (since hinoka's a +1) so staying in 20 looks unlikely. Kind of wish galeforce was inheritable to dragons/mages (just for the point boost). I don't have any aethers, so I can't use that instead.

7 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm surprised that I am apparently at the edge of staying in T20 with my score of 4870, with still a bit more than 200 spots to lose before I fall off. Did not expect the possibility to present itself so soon and assumed a necessity for more players at this rank. Anyone knows where the threshold was for staying in T20 last season? Admittedly, I got lucky with Hinoka being a bonus unit, but I wouldn't mind the extra 1k feathers twice in a row.

My score of 4886 wasn't even close to staying last week. The cutoff was the top 800ish and I was around 1600.

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

My score of 4886 wasn't even close to staying last week. The cutoff was the top 800ish and I was around 1600.

Interesting how quickly the tiers get more players and then facilitate better rewards, not too long and maybe I'll permanently stay in T20 :P:

Update for 5066:

~8am PDT 7/1: 216

8am PDT 7/2: 227

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Highest Def score is still 588, I'm curious to see what the volume will look like next week. I'm finishing out the season with a mix of random teams. I did fliers, which was a little rough because Caeda's merged well beyond everyone else. I did dragons, which was fun, but the lack of Lightning Breath on Fae meant fighting Reinhardt sucked; I definitely need to get her some SP...No horses this time though, I get enough of that in the Voting Gauntlet, where Elise and whatever unit comes off my friends list usually just 2v3s.

It seems defense wins correlate heavily on who you're using as your representative unit. I tend to leave Lucina or Ike there and I get around 7 to 10 defense wins per week but this time due to the gaunlet I've let Minerva there and I've only got 3 defense wins this week, I guess people don't want to fight my team thinking it'll be Flier Emblem.

New deatheless in tier 19, 4830 points, rank 2944, time 19:19 h  it will be enough for 20? Te

am Ike, nino, azura Camus ( No merged)

1 defense, Ike, camus, kagero Gordin. 571

Edited by ignis_z

Tier 19 score of 4844 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 690, 692, 690, 690, 694, 696; Nowi +2, Athena, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jul 1 3:30AM PT - #1944 (/4078 to Tier 20)
  • Jul 2 3:30PM PT - #2230 (/4118 to Tier 20)

Hmmm, rate of decay suddenly fell by half. If this also happened for my old score, it would probably be looking at finishing at ~3000. Seems like pretty good news for anyone with lower scores. Also up to 24(!) defense wins (682 still my highest) because apparently that's what a storm of Arena quests from three different sources does.

59 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Tier 19 score of 4844 (no deaths; no surrenders; 692, 690, 692, 690, 690, 694, 696; Nowi +2, Athena, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jul 1 3:30AM PT - #1944 (/4078 to Tier 20)
  • Jul 2 3:30PM PT - #2230 (/4118 to Tier 20)

Hmmm, rate of decay suddenly fell by half. If this also happened for my old score, it would probably be looking at finishing at ~3000. Seems like pretty good news for anyone with lower scores. Also up to 24(!) defense wins (682 still my highest) because apparently that's what a storm of Arena quests from three different sources does.

My score of 4830 still has a 1000 point cushion over the cutoff to go to Tier 20.  Historically does that drop below, or is there a chance to move to 20 next week?

Also, have the Bonus Arena units been revealed?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My score of 4830 still has a 1000 point cushion over the cutoff to go to Tier 20.

7 hours ago, ignis_z said:

New deatheless in tier 19, 4830 points, rank 2944, time 19:19 h  it will be enough for 20?

With a 1000 rank cushion, you should be pretty safe.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My score of 4830 still has a 1000 point cushion over the cutoff to go to Tier 20.  Historically does that drop below, or is there a chance to move to 20 next week?

Also, have the Bonus Arena units been revealed?

What a coincidence! My score of 4,830 also has over a 1,000 point cushion! Pretty sure we'll be fine. Only a day left, and I think that people are probably pretty sick of the arena by now, what with the gauntlet and weekly quests. Attrition was about 300 spots since yesterday. Only 21 hours left in the season.

I'm hoping that they use the same bonus heroes again next week. The prior rotation lasted 3 weeks, maybe this one will too?

This Arena season has been insane. Like...yesterday I had 18 defense wins. Now I've lost count. I'm around 25 or 26, I believe. I'm certain I'll never be able to replicate this moment in history, so I'll relish in my wins for now. (And probably cry when I don't have a good bonus unit for next season. lol)

I've pretty much solidified a spot in tier 20. I don't think I'll get to stay, but it is what it is. I'll probably take Reinhardt off of my defense team for the last stretch and hand out some defense wins on the final day to hopefully relieve some stress from the craziness of this season.

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

I'm hoping that they use the same bonus heroes again next week. The prior rotation lasted 3 weeks, maybe this one will too?

I'm guessing it will be the Swimsuit units plus Legion, possibly Clarisse, and whichever Askr unit its turn is.

I'd like to know which other bonus units there are, so I can either get lucky or train someone for the coming week.

If I get to Tier 20, this will be the first time for me.

12 hours ago, Alexmender said:

It seems defense wins correlate heavily on who you're using as your representative unit. I tend to leave Lucina or Ike there and I get around 7 to 10 defense wins per week but this time due to the gaunlet I've let Minerva there and I've only got 3 defense wins this week, I guess people don't want to fight my team thinking it'll be Flier Emblem.

No one sees your representative in the Arena, only the first unit on your defense team.

How does the game calculate how many points you get out of a defence win? I kinda want to start doing defence win charity, and I want to know how best to get the most points for other people.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

How does the game calculate how many points you get out of a defence win? I kinda want to start doing defence win charity, and I want to know how best to get the most points for other people.

You need a héro of the season for 900 fearhers, no hero are 500.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The number of points you earn for a defense win is the matchmaking value of the team that you beat (multiplied by two if your defense team has a bonus hero). If you are attempting to give charity wins, all you need to do is pick a team worth 226 or more points. You can gauge the worth of your team by checking who you get matched against at the intermediate level (which I believe uses a 1x scoring multiplier). If the team earns 226 points per round (452 with a bonus hero), you're good to go.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The number of points you earn for a defense win is the matchmaking value of the team that you beat (multiplied by two if your defense team has a bonus hero). If you are attempting to give charity wins, all you need to do is pick a team worth 226 or more points. You can gauge the worth of your team by checking who you get matched against at the intermediate level (which I believe uses a 1x scoring multiplier). If the team earns 226 points per round (452 with a bonus hero), you're good to go.

Ah, thanks.

I'm only really going to do it on a bad week where I don't need to do quests and I'm not likely to rank, but when I do, it's not like the Arena gives good SP.