Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Boosted my score a little bit on my latest deathless run.  

4856 is currently rank 206/13,832 in Tier 19.  At this point, 4841 people will be advancing to Tier 20 next week.

Team: Reinhardt +2, Olivia +1, Hector, and Alfonse.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Screenshot_20170707-130000.thumb.png.4af4bae26a025b15f33d1b5735b21c7a.png

encountered this yesterday in area - thank god for Tharja lol

...I kinda want to see an all Hector team (substitute with some other versitile unit) where all four have unique builds. Expect your enemy to keep track of that!

Well, after grinding 2 Sophias (next project, Sophia 5*+10) I improved my score from 4741 to 4806 which seems to be enough to go back to tier 20. Atm I'm at rank 2904 with a 4874 cut-off.

I'm scared guys.

Only 1 day left and still no defense wins. I usually clutch out at least 1 a week, but not looking good this time.

I've tried everything.

• Standard well-rounded team of my best units + Peri as bonus.
  • Mostly blue horse team since my Cecilia's too weak to bother adding yet (QP seal Xander, Vantage Camus, Olwen and Peri)
  • Full-on blue spam team (Peri, Azura, Camus, Cordelia)
  • Dancer team with lvl 30 3* Olivia to bait and get weaker opponents

And now I'm trying WoM 2 Hector, Ike, Cordelia and a lvl 1 Sophia as bonus leading to see if I can sucker anyone. I guess this is my punishment for actually being ranked enough to move into tier 20 next week.

Send help. My life depends on those 900 feathers! No but it makes me sad.

Offense: 4932

I think I will be able to stay. I can finally claim to be a First Dragon.

I have no defensive wins this week though.

Edit: Finally got a defensive win today on Sunday. A person with an Ike either lost to my unfinished triple Reinhardt team or they gave me a free win.

Edited by XRay

Nothing major for my score because I have to use 4* Legion as a good enough bonus. Only thing of note is that I finally am getting more than one defense win again after... not getting defense wins for two weeks. Both Olivia leaders. The defense bonus is still Legion, but I guess I'm winning more since giving Ninian Triangle Adept 2 (still getting SP for TA3).

Offense of 4,754 in tier 19 is rank 7,896. Hopefully someday I'll see tier 20 just to see what it's like. After that, I don't care if I never get there again, haha.

All right, so after this week (which I think was one of those weeks where I had to get 28 wins for orbs), I found I still have some leftover Duelling Swords for charity surrenders (not from my Duelling Crest stash, which is unnecessarily large anyway, but from the daily restock), and I'd like to ask: who needs the extra feathers more? The Beginner choice, or the lowest tier?

Currently in Tier 19 with a score of 4808 which is enough to advance to tier 20 once again. Ever since I added Cecilia as a part of my core team of Xander + Olwen, matches have been pretty easy. Summer Frederick is just standing there looking pretty.

9 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm scared guys.

Only 1 day left and still no defense wins. I usually clutch out at least 1 a week, but not looking good this time.

I've tried everything.

• Mostly blue horse team since my Cecilia's too weak to bother adding yet (QP seal Xander, Vantage Camus, Olwen and Peri)

And now I'm trying WoM 2 Hector, Ike, Cordelia and a lvl 1 Sophia as bonus leading to see if I can sucker anyone. I guess this is my punishment for actually being ranked enough to move into tier 20 next week.

Do you have another blue cavalier mage? If so, I would try a team of Bonus Unit/Camus/Olwen/Blue Mage.  I use a mono blue cavalry defence team of Bonus Unit/Camus/Olwen/Reinhardt and I usually get 5+ defence wins per week

36 minutes ago, Symphonica said:

Do you have another blue cavalier mage? If so, I would try a team of Bonus Unit/Camus/Olwen/Blue Mage.  I use a mono blue cavalry defence team of Bonus Unit/Camus/Olwen/Reinhardt and I usually get 5+ defence wins per week

I do have a Reinhardt but he's -atk, so I haven't invested any skills on him and he's pretty weak. I did forget about Ursula though, even if she's 4* I guess I could give her a shot. She at least has Blarblade so hopefully with Peri's Hone Cav and Camus' Fortify Cav maybe she can mess somebody up.

Edited by Alkaid

Missed yesterday's update. Update for 5056 (T20):

7am PDT 7/4: 87

6am PDT 7/5: 132

6am PDT 7/6: 170

6am PDT 7/7: 188

6:30am PDT 7/9: 219

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Highest Def score is now 288 (out of 11). Since I'm pretty comfortably within the cutoff (1609 currently), I miiight give some consideration to running Sophia, Nino, Azura, Alfonse next week, just to get an idea of how things might go. I'll probably practice that with the rest of this week's swords as well, now that I think about it.

Well, I'm well below the cutoff with my score of 4836, so I'll be going back down to Tier 19 next week, but that was to be expected.  It looks like I'll just bounce between Tiers 18-20.

I guess we'll see if we just have the same Bonus Units for all of July.

finally managed a deathless, 4832 points, same as last week. Back to tier 20 for me.

I got some much stronger teams than I usually do (even as much as 700 points) with this (Ike, Cordelia, Alfonse, Nino) team. The deathless run had me face up against low balling scores; so I'm wondering if i do manage not to die in a run, how high I could get points wise. (Pretty big if, though; especially since next week is back to an evil map rotation).

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I'm trying to work out an arena team that can stay in Tiers 18-20. The idea is to have a 3-man core with one of the starters splashed in for bonus points. Could a core of Reinhardt/Camus/Xander work for this, or is cavalry BST far too low? I'm F2P so I can't exactly go rolling with merged Reinhardts, lol.

1 hour ago, Tamagon said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I'm trying to work out an arena team that can stay in Tiers 18-20. The idea is to have a 3-man core with one of the starters splashed in for bonus points. Could a core of Reinhardt/Camus/Xander work for this, or is cavalry BST far too low? I'm F2P so I can't exactly go rolling with merged Reinhardts, lol.

My core team is Reinhardt, B!Cordelia, and Olivia/Azura/Ninian. If any of them are bonus units, my fourth unit will be Xander. If they are not bonus units, then an Askr Trio or someone else would be my fourth.

B!Cordelia can take care everything besides Raven tomes and Hector, Reinhardt can take care of anything that is not ranged greens, and Olivia can take care of green units.

You can replace B!Cordelia with any good archer. I used Setsuna before I switched to B!Cordelia, but Takumi is probably the next best archer, closely followed by Jeorge, and after that Klein.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm scared guys.

I've tried everything.

I didn't get any wins either until I changed to the following set-up: Hector with Threaten Atk, vantage and bonfire; and WoM Reinhardt (maybe do that your Olwen?).

My team is Sophia, Hector, Reinhardt, Eirika. Basically the same core every week except bonus unit but I never had to change my set-up to fetch some wins. I'll just blame Sophia for this :B):

Edited by Okigen

1 hour ago, XRay said:

My core team is Reinhardt, B!Cordelia, and Olivia/Azura/Ninian. If any of them are bonus units, my fourth unit will be Xander. If they are not bonus units, then an Askr Trio or someone else would be my fourth.

B!Cordelia can take care everything besides Raven tomes and Hector, Reinhardt can take care of anything that is not ranged greens, and Olivia can take care of green units.

You can replace B!Cordelia with any good archer. I used Setsuna before I switched to B!Cordelia, but Takumi is probably the next best archer, closely followed by Jeorge, and after that Klein.

I actually used to have an arena team like that, but I gave it up because I didn't have enough BST to score high enough...I suppose I would need to have the dancer + bonus unit at 5* to break beyond Tier 18?

Edited by Tamagon

25 minutes ago, Tamagon said:

I actually used to have an arena team like that, but I gave it up because I didn't have enough BST to score high enough...I suppose I would need to have the dancer + bonus unit at 5* to break beyond Tier 18?

Have you tried using Sacred Seals? They will help boost your scores a bit. Merging also helps; my Olivia is 4*+7 and Setsuna is 4*+10, so they are the equivalent of 5*+2 and 5*+5 respectively.

Tier 20 score of 4874 (no deaths; no surrenders; 702, 698, 700, 692, 694, 692, 696; Nowi +3, Alfonse 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jul 6, 1:20AM PT - #1185 (/1525 to stay)
  • Jul 7, 2:00PM PT - #1649 (/1573 to stay)
  • Jul 9, 3:40PM PT - #2017 (/1614 to stay)

Nowhere close. Got Nino to +5, but the current streak is facing pretty crappy draws such that if I get two more 700s, I'll only match my current score (or beat it by maybe 2 points). Looks like the wave I'm with generally scores higher, so I doubt anything outside of 4890 would be able to stay.

Up to 16 defense wins.

On 7/8/2017 at 8:51 AM, Marcodian_Elite said:

Screenshot_20170707-130000.thumb.png.4af4bae26a025b15f33d1b5735b21c7a.png

encountered this yesterday in area - thank god for Tharja lol

wow... that's like Palla's dream. She already takes single digit damage from Hector, so if I park her on a defense tile, it'll be free wins :P

33 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

wow... that's like Palla's dream. She already takes single digit damage from Hector, so if I park her on a defense tile, it'll be free wins :P

I thought Palla’s dreams involved Abel.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm sure palla would have worked too lol

Planed an all green arena team today as well - but only 1 hector, and a nino - but Tharja took them all out again

So... is winning with only three characters is a clear indication of my team getting perfect ? XD

Well, no loose, one character died only (thanks Marth's Pivot XD), 4509 points with this team :

Spoiler

M!Robin+1 (+Spd -Res) | (Blarraven+, Swap, Bonfire) | (TA3, QR2, Fortify Def 3, Fortify Res 1)

Katarina (+Atk -HP) | (Rauorblade+, /, Glacies) | (Swift Sparrow, /, Atk Ploy 1, Hone Def 1)

Sakura (4*, lvl24) (+Def -Spd) | (Assault, Physic, Imbue) | (/, /, Fortify Def 1, /)

Michalis (Neutral) | (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire) | (Fury 3, QR2, Threaten Def 3, HP+3)