Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Just now, Bartozio said:

Since Tier 18 is only going to be easier to promote from, it might not be as impossible as you think.

It felt impossible for me to promote to tier 19, let alone 20 at first, and I think I can bounce between the two now...

I hope you're right :) It'd be nice to get the four orbs over the three orbs each week. I definitely won't be hitting 20, though. I don't use merged teams and my SI still isn't at its full (and won't be without promoting to a 5* or getting the hiding Klein to appear a few times) so I think I've hit my peak. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Score of 5000 on the dot (T20) is currently rank 181.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

Wp3sfLr.png

Highest Def score is 586 (out of 2). Substituting +1 Sophia in for +10 Eirika was a bit of an adjustment, both in terms of score and strategy, but it's a good one to get out of the way now; I actually tried to put a run together in the morning, but I was screwing up way too much (probably handed out 2-3 defense wins) with Sophia's positioning...ugh. I'll keep practicing as the week goes on, unless I'm in danger of dropping to T19.

Haven't managed to complete a deathless run this week because of stupid mistakes. Peri's kind of dragging down my score since she only has Swordbreaker 2 and not 3. I do have an Abel that could give her 3, but I think I'd rather save that for someone else. I may consider giving her a completely different B-skill... And A skill too, but IDK how much I want to invest in her. But at the same time, I also kind of want to promote Alfonse. I've been meaning to for a while actually and with almost 80k feathers, I certainly have the resources for it.

Choices, choices... I just need to make sure I have enough feathers to promote Cherche and Palla for my flier team.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It hasn't been 24 hours yet and I already have a defense win (score of 574).

Same here, I think it's because, while the team's weaker with Alfonse replacing Hector, fort tiles means my double Wings of No Mercy Cordelia (regular and B.) fuck up people who mess up their combat calcs.

(+Spd -Att) Peri has actually managed to pull her weight despite only having Brave Lance, LnD3, and Night Sky. Giving her a boost in power has let her ORKO most of the reds she has encountered, and while there was like one or two non-reds she couldn't kill, they were left severely weakened and easy to pick off. That sacrifice of 5* Jaffar and Abel is looking more and more worth it every battle, and I couldn't be happier. Another waifu on the road to victory.

From the looks of it, I'm slated to go from Tier 17 to Tier 18. Can't see myself going nuts with merging, but this is nice. 4 orbs and 1.8k feathers every week so long as I keep up this pace will be welcome.

Tier 19 score of 4874 (no deaths; no surrenders; 696, 694, 698, 696, 692, 702, 696; Nowi +3, Alfonse 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +5):

• Jul 12 1:35AM PT - #135 (/4805 to Tier 20)

No doubt on this one. Opposing teams weren't terribly interesting aside from a rainbow mage (raven Sophia, Nino and blade Linde, with a random Roy thrown in) setup on the dual bridges that almost cornered me. Without def tiles, Alfonse is even more inclined to sit on his butt.

Got three defenses, with the highest being 582.

9 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Haven't managed to complete a deathless run this week because of stupid mistakes. Peri's kind of dragging down my score since she only has Swordbreaker 2 and not 3. I do have an Abel that could give her 3, but I think I'd rather save that for someone else. I may consider giving her a completely different B-skill... And A skill too, but IDK how much I want to invest in her. But at the same time, I also kind of want to promote Alfonse. I've been meaning to for a while actually and with almost 80k feathers, I certainly have the resources for it.

Choices, choices... I just need to make sure I have enough feathers to promote Cherche and Palla for my flier team.

give the best habilities always to the Askr heroes. In the long run it is a saving

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Tier 19 score of 4874 (no deaths; no surrenders; 696, 694, 698, 696, 692, 702, 696; Nowi +3, Alfonse 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +5):

• Jul 12 1:35AM PT - #135 (/4805 to Tier 20)

No doubt on this one. Opposing teams weren't terribly interesting aside from a rainbow mage (raven Sophia, Nino and blade Linde, with a random Roy thrown in) setup on the dual bridges that almost cornered me. Without def tiles, Alfonse is even more inclined to sit on his butt.

Got three defenses, with the highest being 582.

Dude i got nino +3 ( It's my only merged unit) do you think is a good idea to use my last orbs in the ninos banner. I only use orbs in banners of my main team because i want merge ike azura and nino.

Edited by ignis_z

31 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

give the best habilities always to the Askr heroes. In the long run it is a saving

I figure it's probably a pretty good investment. The problem is, I just prefer to promote characters that I have a strong attachment too. Alfonse is kind of on the fence because I like Laslow more...and I REALLY don't need another sword unit. XD I've got way too many.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I figure it's probably a pretty good investment. The problem is, I just prefer to promote characters that I have a strong attachment too. Alfonse is kind of on the fence because I like Laslow more...and I REALLY don't need another sword unit. XD I've got way too many.

I thought the same but in the end it interests to always have the 3 full builded, and to have hero of season always. (saving a lot of feathers)

With alfonse I return to tier 20 again I have a very good build for him.-

I heard tell of people running all dragon teams and I just ran into one (Ninian, Nowi, Tiki, Fae). Thanks for the head's up that this was the new trend! I switched out Julia for Nino and breezed through it. I think with Nino I would have really struggled.

6 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Dude i got nino +3 ( It's my only merged unit) do you think is a good idea to use my last orbs in the ninos banner. I only use orbs in banners of my main team because i want merge ike azura and nino.

Depends on how into the Arena you are and your interest in the Summer or new Valentia banners. If you're just concerned about your score, the banner presents your best chance at either drawing an improvement for her (whether it be something that requires feather investment or not is up to luck, but it's still your best odds). It's a pretty long-term investment, though, since you can obviously already get into Tier 20 and one merge isn't going to keep you there. Not yet, anyway. However, you have to merge if you're already committed to a triple core and want to improve their scoring right this moment, so I guess it's a question of if you want to do it sooner rather than later, because after a couple months, the thresholds will have fallen by quite a bit.

23 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Depends on how into the Arena you are and your interest in the Summer or new Valentia banners. If you're just concerned about your score, the banner presents your best chance at either drawing an improvement for her (whether it be something that requires feather investment or not is up to luck, but it's still your best odds). It's a pretty long-term investment, though, since you can obviously already get into Tier 20 and one merge isn't going to keep you there. Not yet, anyway. However, you have to merge if you're already committed to a triple core and want to improve their scoring right this moment, so I guess it's a question of if you want to do it sooner rather than later, because after a couple months, the thresholds will have fallen by quite a bit.

Thansk dude, im looking for better score beause i only can reach 4820 ( its posible not enough for tier 20) not interseted in new banners, anyway the thresholds is going down. i think ill summon .

I decided to use one arena crest to finish my deathless run, and got a score of 4848, a new record for me. There was one enemy that showed up with a score of 698, which is higher then I have seen so far, that helped increase my score quite a bit. This score currently ranks me 424 in tier 19. I could fish for a better score, but since I'm bound to promote with this I'm not going to spam arena crests for it (might need those to stay in tier 20 after a while).

Team used (all 5*):

Ryoma (Rajinto, Astra, Reposition, Defiant Atk, Vantage, Hone Speed)

Hector (Armads, Parvise, Swap, Distant Counter, Vantage, Goad Armor)

Reinhardt +1 (Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Draw Back, DB3, Vantage, Goad Cavalry)

Alphonse (Folkvangr, Sol, Reposition, DB 3, Axe Breaker, Spur Attack)

I should probably give Hector and Reinhardt different C-skills at some point...

Also got a defence win, so it seems I'm done with the arena for this week.

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I decided to use one arena crest to finish my deathless run, and got a score of 4848, a new record for me. There was one enemy that showed up with a score of 698, which is higher then I have seen so far, that helped increase my score quite a bit. This score currently ranks me 424 in tier 19. I could fish for a better score, but since I'm bound to promote with this I'm not going to spam arena crests for it (might need those to stay in tier 20 after a while).

Team used (all 5*):

Ryoma (Rajinto, Astra, Reposition, Defiant Atk, Vantage, Hone Speed)

Hector (Armads, Parvise, Swap, Distant Counter, Vantage, Goad Armor)

Reinhardt +1 (Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Draw Back, DB3, Vantage, Goad Cavalry)

Alphonse (Folkvangr, Sol, Reposition, DB 3, Axe Breaker, Spur Attack)

I should probably give Hector and Reinhardt different C-skills at some point...

Also got a defence win, so it seems I'm done with the arena for this week.

Hey that's my exact team down to Rein's +1! Different skills, though. I like to use Hone Spd on Rein when running him with non-horses--mainly since I run him with Ryoma a lot and bringing my Ryo to 45 spd after Fury is great. 

I don't have the fodder to give Hec something different yet, but I'll probably give him Hone Atk.

Anyway i don't have enough point power to stay in 20 without at least giving Ryoma Aether or Rein another merge level, both of which will take me 20k feathers and idk if I can spare that yet. So I'm just gonna dick around a bit this season.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I got my one defense team for the week (with bonus character), so I switched my team up with Lucius as my lead, Raven, Reinhardt, and Xander. I plan to switch out Xander for Eldigan once I get him trained. Well, I was pretty surprised to get two more defense wins, especially considering that I'm not finished building Raven. ...I just wanted to use him with Lucius. But my first defense win had a 5 star level 1 Marth with absolutely no SI set as the lead. I'm not sure if that's an honest mistake or a joke. I'll take the win. XD 

I slowed down my pace in the Arena. Haven't gotten a deathless run yet. I'll probably demote to tier 18 which won't be terrible because I know I can get back up to 19 pretty easily and bounce around for feathers+4 orbs.

Managed to get a deathless run using a double of crests. Only 4812 points, which isn't great but looks like it should be enough to get back up to Tier 20.

I'm going to miss TA-Raven Cecilia being good. :(

Update for 5000 (T20):

5:30 pm PDT 7/11: 181

4:30pm PDT 7/12: 277

Teams faced detailed in the previous post. Missed my usual morning update time since I was in a bit of a rush, but I'm pretty sure that score is going to go up before the end of the season. I changed the Arena team back to Eirika, Nino, Azura, Alfonse in light of the most recent banner reveals; basically Cancel Affinity threw a huge wrench into my Project Sophia plans.

I still have to decide if I want to have Azura keep her Sapphire Lance, actually. Cancel Affinity means the enemy isn't running Triangle Adept (or has its effects negated) or G Tomebreaker, so I think I can get away with having her keep it to maintain dueling power against the reds that don't run Cancel Affinity, and just have Nino -blade/Desperation her way through the ones that do. I'll see when it actually comes out, I guess.

My deathless run this time is a bit on the lower side at 4836. Currently ranked 631. This score will definitely get me into tier 20. Yet I have no hope for staying there, I need more merges. 

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Managed to get a deathless run using a double of crests. Only 4812 points, which isn't great but looks like it should be enough to get back up to Tier 20.

Same amount as me! Doubt it will be sufficient, but the size of the pool that will advance is pretty decent, so maybe. I'll be switching up my team to try to get higher scoring units involved.

All right! Deathless run! I got myself a score of 4824 with my Hector, Reinhardt+1, Peri, and Xander team. Right now that nets me a rank of 1,021 in tier 19. It looks like about 5200 are getting promoted to 20. This score may actually be enough to get me to back up despite not having an optimized Peri. I'll have to see how much I drop in the next few days.