Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

With the sheer number of players in Tier 20 now, I think I can just be lazy forever. Finished my first run. Didn't bother to fish for points and didn't bother to restart if I lost a unit.

Tier 20

Score: 4,990 (2 deaths, 730-740)
Defense: 598 (6)

Offense team and defense team are the same as last week's.

I suppose I can just start stockpiling dueling sword restores now after spending them all fishing for points the past few seasons.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4,812 in Tier 19 is currently at 2,917 out of 5,458 to advance to Tier 20. Should be enough unless things really speed up later.

I apologize to the following people, whoever you are:
Nuthingdude 584
Williax 578
Shar 578
Keezy 570
エクラ 580
Dom 582
Ion 582

Thank you for taking the Alfonse bait and fighting triple Reinhardts!

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I apologize to the following people, whoever you are:
Nuthingdude 584
Williax 578
Shar 578
Keezy 570
エクラ 580
Dom 582
Ion 582

Thank you for taking the Alfonse bait and fighting triple Reinhardts!

I am starting to believe you are secretly evil xD 

Although part of me wants to see how I fare against the team, since I had to drop Julia for a bonus unit... I like to think I wouldn't do too badly. Kill two Reinhardts with Reinhardt, hopefully not die to Reinhardt, and then kill Reinhardt and Alfonse with Reinhardt... 

I know, I have amazing strat skills xD 

45 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I am starting to believe you are secretly evil xD 

Although part of me wants to see how I fare against the team, since I had to drop Julia for a bonus unit... I like to think I wouldn't do too badly. Kill two Reinhardts with Reinhardt, hopefully not die to Reinhardt, and then kill Reinhardt and Alfonse with Reinhardt... 

I know, I have amazing strat skills xD 

I got to do what I got to do to get those much needed Feathers! I got no defensive wins on some weeks before and I cannot let that happen again. I will put my defense team in my signature to further warn people.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

4,812 in Tier 19 is currently at 2,917 out of 5,458 to advance to Tier 20. Should be enough unless things really speed up later.

I scored a point higher than you last week and got into tier 20 handily.   Low rank-3000s. 

Looks like my defense team's causing quite a bit of trouble even though I'm running both Hector and Alfonse on the same team and no dancers. 5 defense wins as of today with 582 as my highest defense score.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

No defence wins yet. Oh well, bye bye 900 feathers. At least I’m coming back to T18.

Do you have three Reinhardts or Hectors? You can also try the plain old color stacking, although I am not sure if four reds is a feasible color to stack.

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Of cooourse I have three Reinhardts and Hectors.

Then you surely must have also have three of each good red, blue, and green units to accompany the Askr Trio. I think even mediocre units will work fine with color stacking.

18 hours ago, XRay said:

I got to do what I got to do to get those much needed Feathers! I got no defensive wins on some weeks before and I cannot let that happen again. I will put my defense team in my signature to further warn people.

I'm only kidding lol 

I've had no defensive wins this week, despite the team having netted me some consistently the prior weeks. It's annoying how it's so hard for me to predict. I know there are videos and things to make it easier to tell what your team will do (and watching autobattle can help, too), but oh well. I might just throw all my horses together and hope for at least a few feathers, since Reinhardt and Tharja just ain't cutting it this week ^.^''

Edited by Cute Chao

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm only kidding lol 

I've had no defensive wins this week, despite the team having netted me some consistently the prior weeks. It's annoying how it's so hard for me to predict. I know there are videos and things to make it easier to tell what your team will do (and watching autobattle can help, too), but oh well. I might just throw all my horses together and hope for at least a few feathers, since Reinhardt and Tharja just ain't cutting it this week ^.^''

I know you are kidding, but Feathers are important. Pony teams are really good on that one map with parallel bridges. I cannot figure out how to take them out without losing somebody. Just make sure you ponies all have Hone and Fortify Cavalry to ensure the victim player will lose at least one unit from being overpowered.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I know you are kidding, but Feathers are important. Pony teams are really good on that one map with parallel bridges. I cannot figure out how to take them out without losing somebody. Just make sure you ponies all have Hone and Fortify Cavalry to ensure the victim player will lose at least one unit from being overpowered.

Camus, Xander, non-blade Cecilia, Reinhardt maybe cut it? 

I also have Titania, Cain, Luke, Abel, Roderick, Leo and Ursula just lazing about doing nowt (the last one at 4*). All of them have various cavalry buffs. Any of those sound like they might do the trick? 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Camus, Xander, non-blade Cecilia, Reinhardt maybe cut it? 

I also have Titania, Cain, Luke, Abel, Roderick, Leo and Ursula just lazing about doing nowt (the last one at 4*). All of them have various cavalry buffs. Any of those sound like they might do the trick? 

Yeah, that sounds good. You can also use Leo and Ursula with Blade tomes over Camus and Xander if you do not want to give your opponent any hope of winning.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, that sounds good. You can also use Leo and Ursula with Blade tomes over Camus and Xander if you do not want to give your opponent any hope of winning.

I do plan to give Leo a blade tome if I ever pull a second five star Tharja, but I have so many other units that I want to promote first -.-

Once I run out of units, I might start optimising xD 

So swapped out 1 unit of my main team for a bonus unit (who did nothing but hide lol), and after 7 wins (not completely deathless - lost 1 unit on one of the maps because Instead of moving a unit to safety I moved it to reposition it into the path of death lol) anyways sitting with a score of 4466 that has me at rank 539 in Tier 15 (if I stay here I'l move up to Tier 17)

On 7/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, Eridras said:

I scored a point higher than you last week and got into tier 20 handily.   Low rank-3000s. 

If that's the case, I should be able to keep getting back into 20 every week I get knocked back down.

13 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I'm *so* close to staying in 20!  (With my highest score yet, I might add.)

8MOgd7U.png

I don't think I'm gonna make it, though.  Still a day and a half to go.  Oh well, I tried!

I probably won't be able to stay in 20 long term, though.  I got 4846 this week, and that's one of my highest scores.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I do plan to give Leo a blade tome if I ever pull a second five star Tharja, but I have so many other units that I want to promote first -.-

Once I run out of units, I might start optimising xD 

If I ever get a +Spd Leo who's not -Atk, I'll give him RedBlade.  My Leo's -Spd, so he's not an ideal blade candidate.  I've got Ursula and Cecilia to cover the Blue and Green corners of the triangle, and I don't know if we'll be getting any more Red Mage Knights any time soon.

Do we know who the bonus Arena heroes are going to be this week?

Man, people are getting scores of 5,000 or more now? There are extremely good players around here. I feel noobish in comparison since I still can only occasionally break 4,000.

Last time I got a personal high of 4,009. With a team of Summer Freddy, Ike, Azura, and Nino. Also had a defense score of 582. I got all the max possible rewards for the first time!

This week I used the same team and got 3,921. A Reinhardt and Azura screwed me out of a deathless win in the seventh match. >_< I previously had only lost a unit in two battles and it was just one unit in both. I lost TWO units in that seventh round. Nino was the only reason I won because the opposing team was running three blue units.

No defense wins though. But I had a feeling I wouldn't get any, I put Freddy x Female Robin Emblem as my defense team more to show it off than to try getting defense points. XD

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Man, people are getting scores of 5,000 or more now? There are extremely good players around here. I feel noobish in comparison since I still can only occasionally break 4,000.

Last time I got a personal high of 4,009. With a team of Summer Freddy, Ike, Azura, and Nino. Also had a defense score of 582. I got all the max possible rewards for the first time!

This week I used the same team and got 3,921. A Reinhardt and Azura screwed me out of a deathless win in the seventh match. >_< I previously had only lost a unit in two battles and it was just one unit in both. I lost TWO units in that seventh round. Nino was the only reason I won because the opposing team was running three blue units.

No defense wins though. But I had a feeling I wouldn't get any, I put Freddy x Female Robin Emblem as my defense team more to show it off than to try getting defense points. XD

If your units have level 3 skills in all their slots, an assist, and a special, you have more leeway with losing units. My first run this week was a bit careless and I had 3 deaths total. I was still able to squeak in with a 4091.