Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

3 minutes ago, Eridras said:

If your units have level 3 skills in all their slots, an assist, and a special, you have more leeway with losing units. My first run this week was a bit careless and I had 3 deaths total. I was still able to squeak in with a 4091. 

I see. My Summer Freddy and Nino both lacked one level 3 skill. The other slots on everyone else were filled and level 3. xP

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

DE5644YUIAAHNlZ.jpg

#EtrurianScum

Yay, two Horses this time.  Though it makes me a bit sad that Cecilia is this time, rather than later, to save me from running without a Horse later.  I guess I'll try alternating between Cecilia and Mathilda this coming week.  It will be nice to go full Horse, and since I have no hope of staying in Tier 20, I can just have fun without worrying about score.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yay, two Horses this time.  Though it makes me a bit sad that Cecilia is this time, rather than later, to save me from running without a Horse later.  I guess I'll try alternating between Cecilia and Mathilda this coming week.  It will be nice to go full Horse, and since I have no hope of staying in Tier 20, I can just have fun without worrying about score.

That was me this past week. Do the bare minimum to get my 4k, as there was no way I'd be staying in Tier 20. This upcoming week I have to try to get back into Tier 20. 

I don't have any high-merge bonus units this week because the six new characters are eating up the two slots for random characters. Bleh.

I guess I can use a +3 Delthea to boost my dragons' Atk stats through the roof.

Hm...I don't know what I'm going to do actually. I'm currently grinding through Chain Challenges in hopes of pulling Leon because I really, really want him in my life. ;A; Cecilia's a bonus unit just like I predicted. I have the feathers to promote my +ATK -HP Cecilia. I think I have the fodder for a Raven Build, and I could run horse emblem again. What's better is that I can merge her. But... I love Virion. I'll have to think on it. Virion's been on my list of to-promote for a while now.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Of cooourse I have three Reinhardts and Hectors.

My defense team has been pretty reliable recently---Camus, double WoM Cordelias (both versions), bonus unit.

Last bonus rotation was pretty nice with Camus being a bonus unit, so Hector go to play as well. 1-2 range counter goes a long way to counter AI retardedness since you have stat advantage on a defense team. (WoM Cordelia just rape everything, for obvious, 35/35 offense related reasons.)

Even without such a team, though, I think Xander & Camus as core with a single WoM damage dealer and then rounded out with a bonus unit should do pretty well. The plan is: Run Xander/Camus into a fight they barely survive, WoM comes in to nuke, and Xander/Camus now has Vantage and hopefully their special charged to OHKO anyone trying to hit them again, too.

Note: I run L&D 2 on my Camus because I didn't have Hinata, and, even now, I think I'm going to keep it on him, maybe upgrade to L&D 5 later. L&D 5 doesn't hurt his magical bulk too much, and 2 speed and 2 Atk makes him better vs mages (OHKO and less doubles), makes his player phase better, and his physical bulk is damn good even after a 5 def penalty. (You don't need to be indestructible in a defense team, just trade very well.)

Edited by DehNutCase

32 minutes ago, JSND said:

DE5644YUIAAHNlZ.jpg

#EtrurianScum

Cool that means my fourth slot is completely open next week.

Basically I now have a perfect template team of Lyn, Camus and Cecilia (Who both have Hone Calvary thanks to receiving two additional Gunters now all my horses have access to it) there's nothing they can't kill Lyn is mostly there is a weight (Galeforce and being +1) but she does kill a couple things that Cecilia can have trouble with. Basically this team can swap out the fourth slot for any bonus character as the fourth person is completely optional. So I'll likely run either Xander, Hector, Kagero(+1), or Jaffar (Xander or Kagero most likely). Elise or Bunny Lucina would be fun but would lower my score to much.

Anyways on another note my high score this week is 4844 so be heading back to T 20 i'll be likely bouncing back-and-forth forever lol  as it seems it impossible to stay in T 20 with my score range (4840-50 usually)

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't have any high-merge bonus units this week because the six new characters are eating up the two slots for random characters. Bleh.

I guess I can use a +3 Delthea to boost my dragons' Atk stats through the roof.

You mean you don't have a +10 Virion, the archiest of archers?

In all seriousness, though, hasn't he been on rotation very commonly?

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

220,000 feathers is a steep price to pay for someone that I only use for two days every three months. There are 12 free Hero Battle units, and they rotate two every two weeks, meaning it takes 12 weeks for them to appear again.

I need those feathers to promote my armies of Hana to teach Life and Death to my armies of everything else.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

DE5644YUIAAHNlZ.jpg

#EtrurianScum

Nice! This time I got a nice bonus unit in Saber so it'll be easier to get scores >4800.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, Virion is part of the starter team, it's only right he's a bonus every third rotation like Alfonse, Sharena and Anna.

I've been having to haul around Alfonse for the past two weeks and now I get to trade him for one of my best cavalry. Awesome.

No idea who I'll use as a bonus hero this season. I got really unlucky while pulling from the two new banners and only managed to snag a -Spd/+Def Mathilda and a +HP/-Res Gray, which are the only bonus units I have at 5*.  Mathilda's 29/29 offenses are a sad thing to look at when you have a 36/39 Cordelia and I would need to remove my highest merged unit in Lucina to make place for Gray on my team. 

Might just go Gray + either Linde/B!Cordelia/Julia or Nino/Azura/B!Cordelia. 

On 7/15/2017 at 4:22 PM, XRay said:

I apologize to the following people, whoever you are:
Nuthingdude 584
Williax 578
Shar 578
Keezy 570
エクラ 580
Dom 582
Ion 582

Thank you for taking the Alfonse bait and fighting triple Reinhardts!

Three more people I have to apologize to and thank for:
Zak 574
荷卸し太郎 580
Exmachina 580

That is a total of 10 victims players deceived by underestimating Alfonse.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Three more people I have to apologize to and thank for:
Zak 574
荷卸し太郎 580
Exmachina 580

That is a total of 10 victims players deceived by underestimating Alfonse.

I wonder how many people pick my Peri-led team actually expecting Horse Emblem only to be surprised that it's actually Flier Emblem (and all green).

This coming week's going to be even better with either Delthea or Sonya as my lead.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder how many people pick my Peri-led team actually expecting Horse Emblem only to be surprised that it's actually Flier Emblem (and all green).

This coming week's going to be even better with either Delthea or Sonya as my lead.

I think Sonya can will have an easier time attracting and soliciting players in general.

Delthea screams loli Nowi Emblem. I wonder how many perv...ious players you will get who do not mind being beaten by little girls.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Delthea screams loli Nowi Emblem. I wonder how many perv...ious players you will get who do not mind being beaten by little girls.

n8Fjl4M1tylzPpPxojHRoLyl2rhotlCc5q7K-CQk

Next time on "To Catch a Lolicon"...

Delthea successfully baits another lolicon for Reinhardt to murder arrest!

In other news...

Got a 6th defense win and improved my offense score (not like I really need it since I'm well above the cutoff point for promotion to tier 19).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Next time on "To Catch a Lolicon"...

Delthea successfully baits another lolicon for Reinhardt to arrest murder!

I guess it's time to run @XRay's triple Reinhardt team with Delthea as the lead, then.

On 10/07/2017 at 3:05 PM, Ledrert said:

So... is winning with only three characters is a clear indication of my team getting perfect ? XD

Well, no loose, one character died only (thanks Marth's Pivot XD), 4509 points with this team :

Spoiler

M!Robin+1 (+Spd -Res) | (Blarraven+, Swap, Bonfire) | (TA3, QR2, Fortify Def 3, Fortify Res 1)

Katarina (+Atk -HP) | (Rauorblade+, /, Glacies) | (Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Atk Ploy 1, Hone Def 1)

Sakura (4*, lvl24) (+Def -Spd) | (Assault, Physic, Imbue) | (/, /, Fortify Def 1, /)

Michalis (Neutral) | (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire) | (Fury 3, QR2, Threaten Def 3, HP+3)

Well, bis repetita... except I loose two characters against a Horse Emblem... in the twin bridge map. (Battle TWICE like that, done the first without losing a unit with a bit of luck. Seriously... why against an horse emblem in this map ? It's the worst map possible !)

Points : 4456. Not sufficient to be in the first half of the 18th tier. This tier will be hard...

Team is in the quote, edited with the add of Desperation for Katarina.

Edited by Ledrert

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Delthea successfully baits another lolicon for Reinhardt to murder arrest!

As long as Gunter and Jagen suspects do not engage Nowi at 1 range, it is kind of hard to arrest them without proof. However, Wrys suspects will definitely be arrested if they Assault children with their joy sticks staffs.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I guess it's time to run @XRay's triple Reinhardt team with Delthea as the lead, then.

Sweet, evil justice will be served.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

As long as Gunter and Jagen suspects do not engage Nowi at 1 range, it is kind of hard to arrest them without proof. However, Wrys suspects will definitely be arrested if they Assault children with their joy sticks staffs.

Sweet, evil justice will be served.

You are my new favorite poster now.

Besides Arcanite

I'm liking the bonus selection this week, since I can run Horse Emblem provided I can finish building my Cecilia with the next 20k feathers.