Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

21 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

LET ME WALLOW IN PITY

Also S. Camilla has horrible Res. I don't want to use horsesĀ mostly because I don't have Cecilia trained up

Even -Res S. Camilla with TA3 survives a hit from a DB3 Reinhardt with cavalry buffs

I mean, damn, seems like you really have no way of countering him then. I feel so sorry for you...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Even -Res S. Camilla with TA3 survives a hit from a DB3 Reinhardt with cavalry buffs

I mean, damn, seems like you really have no way of countering him then. I feel so sorry for you...

I have Darting Blow on her because she is +Speed -Res and has a speed seal. She can hit 40 speed with a Rally and 42 with Hone if she initiates :D

HINOKA, COME BACK TO ME

I mean, I have Julia but I have no idea where to put her on a team. I also have a Nino

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have Darting Blow on her because she is +Speed -Res and has a speed seal. She can hit 40 speed with a Rally and 42 with Hone if she initiates :D

HINOKA, COME BACK TO ME

I mean, I have Julia but I have no idea where to put her on a team. I also have a Nino

I guess that's not to bad either (although my Nino can reach 40 speed with fury and a speed seal and isn't even +Spd).

I never got Hinoka at all (or Minerva and Ceada for that matter). Flyer emblem is almost impossible to build properly when you're F2P...

Just now, Bartozio said:

I guess that's not to bad either (although my Nino can reach 40 speed with fury and a speed seal and isn't even +Spd).

I never got Hinoka at all (or Minerva and Ceada for that matter). Flyer emblem is almost impossible to build properly when you're F2P...

Yeah well, Camilla is slow so I have to take what I can get. 46 speed with Goad Fliers btw :P

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I only got a Cordelia recently (and sheā€™s āˆ’Atk). Never got Minerva or Hinoka, but four Caedas.

5 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Last season: Score of 4764 in Tier 18 -> advance to tier 19

This week, Sharena is finally a bonus unit again so I'm hoping to make it to T20 with, finally, an all 5* team.

What score do you guys think I'll need to advance to T20? Is it doable with no merged units?

I can only probably get to around 4820 with the units I have.

4820 should be plenty. I made it into Tier 20 this week with 4812, and it didn't even look very close.Ā By this point, I think it's possible for some unmerged teams to even stay in Tier 20, but only really high-scoring ones.

Got a defense win already! Having Cecilia as a bonus unit is very helpful, both on offense and defense.

I don't think I can stay in Tier 20, so between that and passing the 4k point threshold, I probably have all I can really get out of the arena this week aside from the daily quests, but I might see how much I can improve my score just in case.

I've been feeling extremely lazy due to things picking up at work, so I'm currently doing the daily quests with a vanilla Clarisse as my bonus hero. Waiting for the daily reset to get theĀ dueling sword refresh for my seventh run, but that should comfortably put me just under 5,100.

This apparently puts me in the 718-728 score range, which apparently is the score range of just put Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy, and Aether on everything you can get your hands on. Seriously, what a waste of some perfectly good units.

Set my defense team with:
Cecilia (Blade, L&D, Desperation, Hone)
Olwen (Dire Thunder, L&D, Desperation, Fortify)
Reinhardt (Dire Thunder, DB, Lancebreaker, Goad)
Azura (Spd+3, Escape Route, Hone Atk)

Hope I get a least one win this week.

Also need some more Gunthers to give more ponies Hone Cavalry. Only Cecilia, Leo and Xander have it.

Edited by Rinco

Currently on Tier 18 and have 4772 points. My rank is 1,550 while the lowest rank to move up to Tier 19 as of right now is 11,035. You guys think I'll make it?

Tier 20 score of 4864 (no deaths; no surrenders; Nowi +3, Sharena 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +5; 694, 692, 696, 692, 702, 694, 694):

• Jul 19, 12PM PT - #904 (/2065 to stay)

This early in the week, I'm super skeptical that such a score will be enough to stay. Less than 1200 ranks isn't much of a buffer when it comes to 5 days, anyway.

I'm starting to actually really like seeing enemy fliers show up on the boat map. Their lack of restricted mobility means that they can be manipulated into separating and running off into meaningless tiles above the sea on the right (or just poking at those crates because they want to get through). For similar reason, I'm liking running into non-cavalry on the mountain map with the L-forts in the middle. Fliers can be easily lured over the mountains if units get hucked closer to the southeast. Another good way to approach it is, for any infantry enemies, identify the biggest threat and then throw the target they'll be chasing as far right as possible. This will cause them to move straight south and get stuck on the forest. This either makes them vulnerable to getting range nuked from the other side or will have them waste 1-2 turns running off in a meaningless direction while their cavalry buddies commit suicide on the rest of my team.

Only have a single win so far with a score of 578. It came during my initial pokings at of the Berkut map the other day, though, making it an early, welcome sight.

13 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

The 690 level is such a cluster fuck, I think 50% of the people here have +Atk Reinhardts with Moonbow Pulse. (Ran into 2 today, out of my 3 daily swords). The only upside is that it looks like the Reinhardt is carrying most of their defense teams, so, as long as I calculate the AI priority correctly, it's not a problem to split Reinhardt off to get him killed miles away from the rest of his team, which end up being completely useless once the only unit who can kill any of mine is gone.

(Mind, all of their units can probably ORKO my stuff, but none of them has Reinhardt's reach, so they can't use their absurd matchups.)

Ā 

I guess my biggest problem with Arena is that it usually takes me a few rounds before I get into 'the zone' where I stop making retarded ass mistakes, but daily 3 swords means I stop doing matches as soon as I stop being stupid. (Makes me miss the weekly Arena quests---I flub the first couple matches and then just sword my way into a deathless match. Doesn't waste any swords, either, since you usually have to sword a couple times just to hit the Lunatic quests.)

Titania earns her keep on my team just to bait Reinhardt.

6 hours ago, ignis_z said:

New deathles in tier 20, 4852. Not enough for stay but is a good puntuation for a FTP. 3 defenses. ( cant believe that)

I've been skating by on one defense win for the past 3 weeks lol

Lucky you!

8 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I've been skating by on one defense win for the past 3 weeks lol

Lucky you!

Have you tried Triple Oboro defense team? I am not sure how good she will be, but with Sharena as a bonus unit, that will be four Lance users. I hope it will be able to overpower somebody.

Well, I picked up a copy of SoV last MondayĀ and it completely screwed up my free time balance. Anyways...

Score of 4988 (T20) is currently rank 329.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

vfSa5hl.png

I didn't realize colorless could pick up Cancel Affinity...good thing I'm using Eirika again. *sigh*

I had one death in the 6th battle due to mis-predicting the order in which Jeorge and Sharena would rally the advancing Eldigan; I figured Sharena would go first (as the melee unit), get Sung, and she and Eldigan would attack my Azura. Instead, Jeorge rallied first, got sung, and KO'd Sharena, who was sitting behind Azura to give her the Spur Def (seal) bonus. Good thing my messed up free time balance makes me not care about silly things like deaths =P .

Highest def score is 584.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Have you tried Triple Oboro defense team?

So you think I have 3 decked out Oboros sitting there ready to go? LOL

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure how good she will be, but with Sharena as a bonus unit, that will be four Lance users. I hope it will be able to overpower somebody.

I can try Effie, Azura, Oboro, and Sharena, but that's about as good as it gets :/

I'll see what happens with that team heh I've tried it before and it didn't work...

11 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I had one death in the 6th battle due to mis-predicting the order in which Jeorge and Sharena would rally the advancing Eldigan; I figured Sharena would go first (as the melee unit), get Sung, and she and Eldigan would attack my Azura. Instead, Jeorge rallied first, got sung, and KO'd Sharena, who was sitting behind Azura to give her the Spur Def (seal) bonus. Good thing my messed up free time balance makes me not care about silly things like deaths =P

All else equal, ranged units have movement priority over melee units, for future reference.

Tier 18 again but with two new +1 merges and no need for a 4* bonus unit I'm somewhat hopeful about hitting Tier 20 next week... we'll see. I might have to crest-scum some high-score opponents and not be taken down by random merged whales or Horse Emblems on a bad map.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All else equal, ranged units have movement priority over melee units, for future reference.

Huh. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I thought it was the other way 'round (obviously).

13 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

You cannot claim to be the biggest Oboro fan if you do not at least have three of her decked out!

16 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I'll see what happens with that team heh I've tried it before and it didn't work...

Hm... Maybe Distant Counter Oboro will work if you have spare Hectors. You can try triple Ursula defense team since she is free, and you just need an Askran team leader as bait.

Don't you all love that moment when you leave a lance user at 1 hp, you see your weakend Ryoma is in range and you think: "Eh, he'll just vantage kill her, no problem", only to realize to late that she's using a Firesweep Lance?

Anyhow, my rank in tier 20 seems to be steadily dropping, as I started at 700, and I'm now below 1k. If this keeps up I'll probably barely drop out. Really hoping I get lucky though.

Ā 

8 hours ago, Oboro! said:

I'm dissapointed to hear you don't have this...

8 hours ago, Oboro! said:

I can try Effie, Azura, Oboro, and Sharena, but that's about as good as it gets :/

No blue mages to add to the fray? I've been using a team of Reinhardt, Camus, Linde/Tharja, bonus unit for a while now, and it always gives me a few defence wins every week...

Another week of this shitty map rotation, another week of me having no chance in hell of getting a deathless streak. 7 Crests in.

Yup, no chance in hell. 10 Crests used, no dice because I can't reliably deal with Horse Emblem on fort tiles, and general Dancer bullshit that happens on the map with two mountains. Combination of weird terrain, Rallies on enemies changing Dancer behaviour, and lack of space to kite = dead. Then there's the zig-zag one, which is just a joke.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy