Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Tier 20 score of 4864 (no deaths; no surrenders; Nowi +3, Sharena 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +5; 694, 692, 696, 692, 702, 694, 694):

• Jul 19, 12:00PM PT - #904 (/2065 to stay)
  • Jul 20, 3:25PM PT -  #1484 (/2160 to stay)

Ahahaha. Losing 580 ranks with the threshold only increasing by 95 in a single day? RIP being within the bounds by Sat. I guess I'll be getting 10k more feathers after Tempest ends, which should allow me to promote another 3* Nino, bringing mine up to +6, so maybe I can shoot for a higher score, but it looks like I'd need an increase way bigger than a single merge would provide.

Up to 3 defenses with 578 still being the top.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My score of 4852 suddenly dropped to rank 1900 something in two days (it was around 1k on wednesday). Guess I won't be staying in tier 20 after all.

At least I can now safely run Cecilia on my team instead of Sharena, since scoring doesn't matter much (and I'll still score high enough to promote next week). Not worrying about Reinhardt is going to be a nice change of pace. Funny enough, I didn't encounter him in any of my battles today. Guess he got scared Ethurian Scum Sensei huh?

7 hours ago, Bartozio said:

My score of 4852 suddenly dropped to rank 1900 something in two days (it was around 1k on wednesday). Guess I won't be staying in tier 20 after all.

At least I can now safely run Cecilia on my team instead of Sharena, since scoring doesn't matter much (and I'll still score high enough to promote next week). Not worrying about Reinhardt is going to be a nice change of pace. Funny enough, I didn't encounter him in any of my battles today. Guess he got scared Ethurian Scum Sensei huh?

Finished my first Deathless run today, and I'm already below the cut-off, so I guess I'm going back to 19 next week.  Maybe I should promote and merge my other Xander to bump a couple points.  I already did that with Ursula to give a +1.

Whoa, my score of 4874 is dropping down quite fast too.  Much faster than last week, I think, when I stayed in Tier 20 with a score of only 4860.  I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, but if it starts looking like I won't, I might fish a bit if I feel up to it.  

Currently at rank 1694 in Tier 20.  2213 to stay.

9 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Whoa, my score of 4874 is dropping down quite fast too.  Much faster than last week, I think, when I stayed in Tier 20 with a score of only 4860.  I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, but if it starts looking like I won't, I might fish a bit if I feel up to it.  

Currently at rank 1694 in Tier 20.  2213 to stay.

with 4860 you stayed in tier 20? lol. this week it can be 4890 - 4900?

50 minutes ago, Rinco said:

No defenses yet. Last week I got none and it's already saturday and still 0.
Wtf am I doing wrong? lol

Currently using Sharena, Effie, Azura and Reinhardt.

Try autobattling and see how your team moves.  You can also try taking the assist skills off your non-Azura units to make sure she goes last.  Sometimes, the Dancer goes last, if the other units use their assist skills first.

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

I never defend or only 1 in all the week. This week i got 5, i think the game is bug in defenses this is not normal.

Defending isn't bugged. It depends on not only your defense team's composition, but also on who and how many people go against your team. It could be that no one's faced your team yet or only really really good people have faced your team so far.

And Rinco, it's not a good idea to make a team mono-colored. A Nino can easily sweep your team.

Anyway, new personal high! I hit 4,114 this week! I'm slowly increasing my arena average. ^^ I still can't do a deathless run though. However, this time I did attempt more advanced matches and that helped. And while it wasn't totally deathless, I only had four deaths in total, two in two battles. Also, both of those had a Reinhardt, so...

Team used was Sharena, Azura, Nino, and Ike.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Defending isn't bugged. It depends on not only your defense team's composition, but also on who and how many people go against your team. It could be that no one's faced your team yet or only really really good people have faced your team so far.

And Rinco, it's not a good idea to make a team mono-colored. A Nino can easily sweep your team.

Anyway, new personal high! I hit 4,114 this week! I'm slowly increasing my arena average. ^^ I still can't do a deathless run though. However, this time I did attempt more advanced matches and that helped. And while it wasn't totally deathless, I only had four deaths in total, two in two battles. Also, both of those had a Reinhardt, so...

lol same team as me, i reached tier 20 with this team, rules a lot, and i got 5 defenses with them No merged no money only nino +1

Edited by ignis_z

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

You might want to replace Effie with another blue unit unless she has Wings of Mercy. I find teams with armor units much easier to beat since the AI is effectively using only three units to rush; the armor unit is too slow to catch up to her teammates and she can be easily taken out last.

I think some players may have started to avoid Askr leads since many now hide triple pony, triple Reinhardt, or triple Hector behind them. Putting Effie as the lead may make baiting easier. I only got 4 defensive wins this week compared to 10 last week, and I saw a lot of Sharenas hiding ponies behind her this week, so I have been avoiding Sharena leads unless it has a really high score.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The point of mono colored team is not to make every single game difficult for the opposing player. It is to catch that one player who cannot deal with multiple blue units with their pants down. For example, I would lose against a triple Hector team since my Olivia can only handle two Hectors at most. None of my other units can touch Hector without getting killed. I could have easily brought in Xander, but he is not a bonus unit and he is not a core member of my team.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

lol same team as me, i reached tier 20 with this team, rules a lot, and i got 5 defenses with them No merged no money only nino +1

Wow. XD No merges here though, as my only merged 5 stars are Ephraim, Summer Gaius, and Marth.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

The point of mono colored team is not to make every single game difficult for the opposing player. It is to catch that one player who cannot deal with multiple blue units with their pants down. For example, I would lose against a triple Hector team since my Olivia can only handle two Hectors at most. None of my other units can touch Hector without getting killed. I could have easily brought in Xander, but he is not a bonus unit and he is not a core member of my team.

Oh yeah, I guess that could work, huh? I think IS needs to implement a no duplicates rule though.

Speaking of defense wins, my Frederick x Female Robin Emblem team actually got one. lol I was just showing it off for a bit, not really seriously trying to get defense wins that time, but I'm gonna switch them out soon.

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

I personaly like to trow one red unit on my mono blue team, in order to stop one TA green unit from completly countering my team. Do you have any red mages?

Armours aren't that good on a defence team, since when they get to the frontline, the fighting is generally already over. Effie would be good unit to replace with something else.

I myself run a team of bonus unit, Linde/Tharja (depending on the color of the bonus unit), Reinhardt and Camus, but I think Azura is generally more annoying then Camus (I just don't have a 5* dancer).

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Congrats on your new highscore, glad to see you're improving. Reinhardt is generally annoying to go up against (I'm so glad I can run my TA Cecilia this week), but can't Nino tank a hit from him most of the time? Or are you running LaD?

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Congrats on your new highscore, glad to see you're improving. Reinhardt is generally annoying to go up against (I'm so glad I can run my TA Cecilia this week), but can't Nino tank a hit from him most of the time? Or are you running LaD?

Yeah, Reinhardt is annoying to be against. xP

I don't have anyone with Life and Death other than a 4 star lv. 40+3 Hana, no. And I want to have Nino take him out (or Azura, because mine runs B Tomebreaker), but he gets to my units before they can get to him because he has a horse...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Reinhardt is annoying to be against. xP

I don't have anyone with Life and Death, no. And I want to have Nino take him out (or Azura, because mine runs B Tomebreaker), but he gets to my units before they can get to him because he has a horse...

But can't you just put Nino in range and have her tank a hit so she can kill him on the counter?

B tomebreaker isn't going to help Azura take out Reinhardt though, since she'd double him anyway. It helps against Linde and Delthea I guess.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But can't you just put Nino in range and have her tank a hit so she can kill him on the counter?

B tomebreaker isn't going to help Azura take out Reinhardt though, since she'd double him anyway. It helps against Linde and Delthea I guess.

I can't always do that because of what map I'm on or what units Reinhardt is with, but I try it when I can.

Yeah, but I needed a dedicated mage killer and Azura's a good candidate because she has high res. With B Tomebreaker, she kills pretty much any red or blue mage for me. Green mages can be taken care of by Ike. His res is low, but he can survive a hit and has built in DC.

Oh and speaking of Ike, he survived a Mae that doubled him! Mae is a blue mage. Think about that. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't always do that because of what map I'm on or what units Reinhardt is with, but I try it when I can.

Yeah, but I needed a dedicated mage killer and Azura's a good candidate because she has high res. With B Tomebreaker, she kills pretty much any red or blue mage for me. Green mages can be taken care of by Ike. His res is low, but he can survive a hit and has built in DC.

But wouldn't Nino just kill those blue mages for you anyway? If you need a unit other then your nuke to help against the color your nuke has the advantage over, your nuke is clearly doing something wrong...

Not that it really matters how you deal with them as long as you deal with them though, I just found it somewhat strange.

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But wouldn't Nino just kill those blue mages for you anyway? If you need a unit other then your nuke to help against the color your nuke has the advantage over, your nuke is clearly doing something wrong...

Not that it really matters how you deal with them as long as you deal with them though, I just found it somewhat strange.

Nino is for taking out things like armors and lance people that have low res and can get doubled by her. She won't necessarily kill mages because they tend to have higher res than def. Azura also has the Sapphire Lance which lets her do extra damage to reds. She's there to take out reds and blue mages, primarily.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nino is for taking out things like armors and lance people that have low res and can get doubled by her. She won't necessarily kill mages because they tend to have higher res than def. Azura also has the Sapphire Lance which lets her do extra damage to reds. She's there to take out reds and blue mages, primarily.

I get the whole taking care of red units with Azura, that's pretty standard.

But I don't think you understand how broken -Blade tomes are, especially on someone like Nino. If she gets both a hone Attack and a boost in one other stat from her team mates, she hits so hard that Blue things just die, doesn't really matter if they have good Res or not. I checked, and every blue mage easily gets one-shotted by a boosted Nino. Honestly, even red units have trouble tanking hits from Nino, let alone blue ones. That's how terrifying Nino is.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I get the whole taking care of red units with Azura, that's pretty standard.

But I don't think you understand how broken -Blade tomes are, especially on someone like Nino. If she gets both a hone Attack and a boost in one other stat from her team mates, she hits so hard that Blue things just die, doesn't really matter if they have good Res or not. I checked, and every blue mage easily gets one-shotted by a boosted Nino. Honestly, even red units have trouble tanking hits from Nino, let alone blue ones. That's how terrifying Nino is.

For some reason, my Nino can't one-shot some blue people and things, even with boosts, so... She's not -Atk either, that'd be silly. She's neutral.

Edited by Anacybele

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For some reason, my Nino can't one-shot some blue people and things, even with boosts, so... She's not -Atk either, that'd be silly. She's neutral.

Odd.

I ran the calculator and even against +10 enemies with Fury 3 and +Res, there's only a few mages who do not get one-shotted:

Linde, B!Ceada and S!Lucina all barely survive with 3 HP or less, which means that all of them wouldn't survive without Fury or +Res.

Ursula survives as well, but good luck getting an Ursula to +10 with a Res boon. That leaves Odin, but it's not like you should prepare for Odin's in the arena...

Against a more reasonable +5 enemies, all mages die, and only a few high res lance users live.

If she gets a +4 boost in every stat, Effie is the only blue unit who can survive a round of combat against her, and that's only because of Wary Fighter (and honestly, Effie can be dealt with rather easily after you've killed evrything else and have dancer support).

My main point being: Nino can handle opposing blue mages in the arena just fine.

On an unrelated note, it seems like my rank in tier 20 has dropped below the cut off. I already knew it was coming, but it's still somewhat sad to see...

Traded Effie for Ryoma to keep greens away.

Could have traded her for Nowi also, but Ryoma is +1, has a good nature and has full build of Fury/Vantage/Hone Speed.

With Ryoma as my lead, should I replace Sharena with Cecilia to give buffs to Reinhardt? That way I have a bonus unit and seems like even though she's not blue, she's a better unit (Sharena 4*, no SI, Cecilia 5*, L&D/Desperation/Hone Cav/Blade)

Edited by Rinco

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Odd.

I ran the calculator and even against +10 enemies with Fury 3 and +Res, there's only a few mages who do not get one-shotted:

Linde, B!Ceada and S!Lucina all barely survive with 3 HP or less, which means that all of them wouldn't survive without Fury or +Res.

Ursula survives as well, but good luck getting an Ursula to +10 with a Res boon. That leaves Odin, but it's not like you should prepare for Odin's in the arena...

Against a more reasonable +5 enemies, all mages die, and only a few high res lance users live.

If she gets a +4 boost in every stat, Effie is the only blue unit who can survive a round of combat against her, and that's only because of Wary Fighter (and honestly, Effie can be dealt with rather easily after you've killed evrything else and have dancer support).

My main point being: Nino can handle opposing blue mages in the arena just fine.

On an unrelated note, it seems like my rank in tier 20 has dropped below the cut off. I already knew it was coming, but it's still somewhat sad to see...

Huh. Then there's something I'm not doing right or something different about the teams I'm facing. I don't go against +10 enemies, I know that.