Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Got my third defense win, this time from a Camus owner. I wonder what my team is doing if they managed to drive off a Camus owner and 2 Reinhardt owners while having a Hector lead and no dancers.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maaaan, Tier 20 is rough this week.  My 4874 score is now at 2028/2265.  I am almost certain I won't stay now.

I tried to fish for higher scores (above 696), but I kept making dumb mistakes and ruining my deathless streaks.  I even lost a really good one on the 7th fight.  That's the worst!  I just wasted 10+ dueling crests.  I still have 30 of them, but I'm done.  Sooooo done with this.  Tier 19 it is... :-_-:

The perfectionist in me is very displeased with my decision to give up, but I'm starting to feel really salty, and I think it's affecting my ability to play properly... 

On the bright side, I probably made some people happy with those defense wins I just handed out like candy due to my incompetence tonight. Hopefully I gave one to someone who needed it. *Sigh.*

I think I may have almost 20 defense wins myself this week.  Wow.  Maybe my bad luck tonight is payback. :unsure:

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Maaaan, Tier 20 is rough this week.  My 4874 score is now at 2028/2265.  I am almost certain I won't stay now.

I tried to fish for higher scores (above 696), but I kept making dumb mistakes and ruining my deathless streaks.  I even lost a really good one on the 7th fight.  That's the worst!  I just wasted 10+ dueling crests.  I still have 30 of them, but I'm done.  Sooooo done with this.  Tier 19 it is... :-_-:

The perfectionist in me is very displeased with my decision to give up, but I'm starting to feel really salty, and I think it's affecting my ability to play properly... 

On the bright side, I probably made some people happy with those defense wins I just handed out like candy due to my incompetence tonight. Hopefully I gave one to someone who needed it. *Sigh.*

I think I may have almost 20 defense wins myself this week.  Wow.  Maybe my bad luck tonight is payback. :unsure:

Can you writte your full defensive team? 20 defenses omg.

5 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

If 4874 can't stay, I certainly won't be able to stay.  Guess I won't try fishing.  I wonder if it will ever reach the point where my low to mid 4800s scores will be able to stay in Tier 20.

7 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Can you writte your full defensive team? 20 defenses omg.

Sure!  :):

I should note, I usually don't get this many.  My average is something like 10-15.  Under 10 on a slow week.  My bonus hero is Gray this week, so maybe he is giving the cavalry teams some trouble?

Olivia (5*+1): Ruby Sword+, Distant Counter, Green Tomebreaker 3, Hone Attack 3, Dance, Moonbow.

Reinhardt (5*+2): Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3, Daggerbreaker 3, Spur Attack 3, Reposition, Moonbow.

Hector (5*+1): Armads, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Attack 3, Pivot, Ignis.

Bonus character of the week - Gray (5*+1): Zanbato+, Wind Boost 3, Swordbreaker 2, Spur Def 3, Swap, Bonfire.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

If 4874 can't stay, I certainly won't be able to stay.  Guess I won't try fishing.  I wonder if it will ever reach the point where my low to mid 4800s scores will be able to stay in Tier 20.

Yeah, I have dropped to rank 2216/2281 now.  I'll be out in a few hours, I think.  Damn, with just 1 day to go, I almost made the cut off!  On the previous page, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said he was at 4886.  He might just make it! :^_^:

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Tier 20 score of 4886 (no deaths; no surrenders; Nowi +3, Sharena 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 694, 702, 698, 702, 698, 696, 696):

• Jul 22 6:00PM PT - #1737 (/2253 to stay)
  • Jul 23 5:15PM PT - #1972 (/2284 to stay)

If I do stay, it's gonna be real tight. Lost 235 ranks while the threshold only expanded by 29. If the same rate keeps up, I'll be in, but it'll be like 2207/2313, which is likely 2-4 points' worth of difference. Up to 7 defense wins, of which the highest is now the usual 580.

Score: 4796

Tier: 19

Team: 5* Sharena, Eirika, Nino, Linde (no merges)

This is way too close. Probably won't be enough to get to T20 by the time the season ends.

I don't quite get why I got such a low score. I've ran similar teams in the past and gotten over 4810. Maybe I had atrociously bad luck with low enemy team scores. Or maybe because I had Blarblade on Linde instead of Aura. Blarblade is better but Aura scores more points I guess... sucks that I have to run an inferior skill to get more points!
I'll have to try again and see if I can get past 4800!

giwmDP4.png

Well I've given up on trying to stay in tier 20 this week. I just can't for the life of me get a deathless streak. It's these maps. They are by far the worst ones for me to deal with. Whether it's horse teams or dancer + mages teams, something always kills my streak on the breakable walls map or the one with two mountains(usually a horse team there) And I don't have enough dueling swords left (abot 15 left now) to go ham on spamming those until I get a lucky set of runs. At least I'm pretty sure I can get back to 20 after next week, but sucks about the 1000 feathers.

Score of 4830 in Tier 19 puts me safely into promotion to Tier 20. Think I got lucky with map rotations this week as I don't think I got that zig zag wall map or the mountain map at all during my deathless run. My mono blue cavalry team didn't seem to be getting any defence wins this week so I changed it to Reinhardt, Xander, Olwen, Cecilia and they've managed to snag 1 defence win so far so I'm good for this week.

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I LOST A MAP TO REINHARDT

I HATE HIM

ALSO. BOAT MAPS. WITH. HORSE. EMBLEM.

DO NOT WANT

I tell you, live becomes so much fun when you don't care about scoring anymore (I'm not gonna stay in tier 20 anyway) and you can just run TA Cecilia. She somehow manages to make all my problems with Reinhardt go away...

But yeah, the boat map is not fun when there are opponents you can't tank. They tend to stick toghether way to much, and with the limited space it's very hard to kill someone and get away, or to kill the entire enemy squad at once. Next week will be better though (I think).

Edited by Bartozio

Just now, Bartozio said:

I tell you, live becomes so much fun when you don't care about scoring anymore (I'm not gonna stay in tier 20 anyway) and you can just run TA Cecilia. She somehow manages to make all my problems with Reinhardt go away...

But yeah, the boat map is not fun when there are opponents you can't tank. They tend to stick toghether way to much, and with the limited space it's very hard to kill someone and get away, or to kill the entire enemy squad at once. Next week will be better though (I think).

No defense tiles next week, huh? (Well, this week. Next season, I mean :P)

I don't really want to train up Cecilia since I have Julia. I'll see if I should though...

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

No defense tiles next week, huh? (Well, this week. Next season, I mean :P)

I don't really want to train up Cecilia since I have Julia. I'll see if I should though...

Julia can do the same thing better if you're not running horse emblem. I just don't have a Julia...

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have G Tomebreaker on her. I just need teammates for her... I'm bad at strategizing :/

My team was mostly made by trowing the best units of each color toghether and hoping it worked out...

I don't think Julia needs a special team build around her, so you can just pick a good red and blue unit to go with it and have fun (Julia deals with evrything blue and most green mages, blue unit deals with evrything red, red unit deals with evrything green, and colorless hopefully works out). Who are you using as a green unit right now?

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

My team was mostly made by trowing the best units of each color toghether and hoping it worked out...

I don't think Julia needs a special team build around her, so you can just pick a good red and blue unit to go with it and have fun (Julia deals with evrything blue and most green mages, blue unit deals with evrything red, red unit deals with evrything green, and colorless hopefully works out). Who are you using as a green unit right now?

I am using S. Camilla because I have a few fliers to go with her. Maybe I'll do Sharena Julia Xander Camus next week?

dunno

27 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I LOST A MAP TO REINHARDT

I HATE HIM

ALSO. BOAT MAPS. WITH. HORSE. EMBLEM.

DO NOT WANT

I wish we could just like, throw all the maps in the current rotation into the trash.

The boat map, walls/forts map, and double mountain map all need to burn. BURN.