Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I am using S. Camilla because I have a few fliers to go with her. Maybe I'll do Sharena Julia Xander Camus next week?

dunno

Sounds good. You can always get a good score with your usual team first and switch this one in afterwards to test it out.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Sounds good. You can always get a good score with your usual team first and switch this one in afterwards to test it out.

ya true

If only I could spare feathers for the Bonfire fodder I've been getting... I need to save up for Nowi though. We need the next gauntlet soon!

@Alkaid yeah most Arena maps are a pain in the neck. I don't even like most of the defense tile maps

Tier 20 score of 4886 (no deaths; no surrenders; Nowi +3, Sharena 5*, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 694, 702, 698, 702, 698, 696, 696):

• Jul 22 6:00PM PT - #1737 (/2253 to stay)
  • Jul 23 5:15PM PT - #1972 (/2284 to stay)
  • Jul 24 3:05PM PT - #2195 (/2317 to stay)

Wow, looks like I'm actually going to stay, though it's definitely tight. I finished one more streak today that had a 704 actually show up, but the rest of my matches were too low for any chance of an improvement, so that one ended at 4878. With that in mind, I'm not sure if I can keep this up next week without fishing. I feel like I'm at that stage where while I can always have a real shot at staying, the slightest breeze will push me back out. I do have some Nowis who are waiting for promotion, though I'm feather broke since I spent them all on that last Nino merge. Oh, well, we'll see how things fall next season, I guess.

Up to 9 defenses. 580 is still the top.

Thank goodness, I got a last minute defense win! It seems my team beat a new player (tier 3) which is a bit sad for me but hey I got feathers!

Even then I can't rely on getting lucky just like that, I hoped I wouldn't need to do this but I'm going to train my second Reinhardt (+Atk -HP just like the first one) and pair them with WoM Olivia to see if that's enough to get lots of defense wins.

All things considered, I did pretty good this week even though I returned to tier 19. My team was Xander, Reinhardt+1, Cecilia+1, and Hector. My final score was 4850, and I snagged 3 defense wins. I'll probably promote again if I can manage to do similarly this next season.

As a side note, if I can get 5k more feathers, I'll break 100k.

Season 25 (1.3.0 S11) Results:

Score: 4,838 (New Record!)
Defense: 582

orwJi9J.png

New high score by two points, but it wasn't enough for me to stay in tier 20 this week.  Until I can get some merges, I expect to alternate between 19 and 20 for the foreseeable future.

I initially didn't want to use a precious Abel as SB3 fodder for Sharena, but I figure I might as well make her competent if she's going to be used a third of the time.  Either way I wasn't really impressed with her this week, and I feel like the team would have been far more reliable with Ephraim instead.  I encountered a few horse emblem teams this week, and discovered that to my horror, Reinhardt can avoid getting doubled by Julia if he's neutral Spd and has a Hone Cav boost.  Julia can double again if she has a speed buff herself, meaning that I might just give Sharena Hone Spd as well. 

Season 25 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

u7HAa9z.png

"Village Hero" indeed.  This monster was supported by a Celica and B!Cordelia on the boat map.  I lost.

oTRLeYW.png

Been seeing more and more people forgoing Takumi's default Fuujin builds in favor of stuff like this, and I don't like it.  Firesweep Bow is so infuriating.

e3rfYCg.png

I had almost forgotten one could get three copies of Clarisse.  I like this guy's dedication.

m5jH1yk.png

Wo Dao makes anyone look cool, and I'm not going to lie Athena and Karel are my most wanted reds right now.  This dude killed my 14 Hp Sharena through a defense tile. :(

Previous Season Results:

Edited by DLNarshen

48 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

2,500 feathers for offence score of 4,782; 0 feathers for defence score of 0; 2,000 feathers and 4 orbs for promoting into tier 19.

Defence wins, where are you.

Maybe try a flyer or Distant/Close Counter team if cavalry and color stacking are not working.

Hector & Camus carried me into like 8 wins this season. And I even got 2 before I swapped Hector in, too. (Changed B!Cordelia out for him. 2 wins just felt too unreliable as a team, so I was worried for future seasons, with 8 this seasons, though, I can leave the team as is until Delthea rotates out.)

So yeah, just run Camus with whatever you want on him: He's bulky enough that, if he gets on a fort tile, he's basically an auto-win versus teams that can't OHKO. (Mages are at risk of being OHKOd, physicals don't do enough to kill him even if he's running L&D, and his matchup spread on player phase is excellent, especially since he's fighting 'below' him assuming people are doing advanced to meet your team.)

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Maybe try a flyer or Distant/Close Counter team if cavalry and color stacking are not working.

But I don’t have Close Counter, and my Distant Counter are the two horses everyone has.

I was demoted to Tier 19 as expected.

Anyway, I just got my deathless streak done.  4870 this time.  I had one streak ruined by a horsey team on the breakable walls map.  Yuck.  I skipped over cavalry leads after that... :unsure:

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But I don’t have Close Counter, and my Distant Counter are the two horses everyone has.

Hm... Sounds like you are in a huge pickle. This week's maps are pretty open, so mage cavalry would not have that much advantage.

On the rotation 2 maps for this week, you might be able to prepare your cavalry team for the map with two parallel walls. Put a mage cavalry unit on slot 2 so it attacks the wall to the left of slot 3. Slot 3 should be a Blade cavalry unit so it can attack the opponent's slot 3 unit once the wall is broken. Slot 2 and Slot 4 should have Hone and Fortify cavalry to buff slot 3. Slot 4 can use Reciprocal Aid and Wings of Mercy to heal slot 3. I do not think slot 1 matters, so you can put a bonus unit there.

If the opponent blundered and left a unit in slot 3, that unit will most likely be dead, unless they leave it there intentionally to counter kill your Blade cavalry.

12 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wow, 5 defense wins already and it hasn't even been 24 hours. :o:  I feel like a bit of a jerk.  But, I go against a lot of jerks so it's okay I guess?  :lol:

Same team? last week i got 11, now i got 0, same team, im bugg?. Im playing Sharena ike, azura nino.

15 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Same team? last week i got 11, now i got 0, same team, im bugg?. Im playing Sharena ike, azura nino.

There's some random factor in when your team gets faced. I haven't gotten any defense wins yet, even though I got my first overnight on the first night with the exact same team. Sometimes I get huge bursts for seemingly no reason and other times I'll go 3 days without a win. Be patient.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

There's some random factor in when your team gets faced. I haven't gotten any defense wins yet, even though I got my first overnight on the first night with the exact same team. Sometimes I get huge bursts for seemingly no reason and other times I'll go 3 days without a win. Be patient.

Lol a Defense but last week i got 3 about these hours. Its possible i got the true.

Edited by ignis_z

Last week I promoted to 20 with 4822 pts from a horse arena team lead by Cecilia. This time around I run an infantry team, which consists of:

(+Atk -Spd) Saber +1 [Swap | Aegis | Fury 3 | Shield Skill 3 | Hone Speed 3] [Spur Def 1]

(+Hp -Atk) Delthea [Reposition | Iceberg | Death Blow 3 | Vantage 3 | Drive Atk 2] [Res +1]

Sharena [Rally Attack | Noontime | Fury 3 | Renewal 3 | Fortify Def 3] [Fortify Res 1]

(+Spd -Atk) Sonya [Reposition | Moonbow (soon replaced by Iceberg) | Mirror Strike 2 | G Tomebreaker 3 | Res Ploy 3] [Quickened Pulse]

Scored 4818 this time, I'm not certain if I'll stay on Tier 20, but anyways I've had a fun time with this team. Opponents on the majority are infantry or armor teams or hybrids between infantry/armored or infantry/horses.

So far MVP is Sonya who deals with major threats pretty consistently with Quickened Pulse and Moonbow. She safely tanks Deltheas, Lindes, Cecilias, Reinhardts and even Ninos because her retaliations make them explode when she's all buffed. Mirror Strike lets her battle enemy mages semi safely while getting little dmg from them.

Delthea hits reds hard along with Sharena. Though she rarely procs Iceberg unless I'm facing a lot of reds.

Sharena gets pretty ridiculous with Saber and Delthea support. 51 base atk climbs up to 60atk with Dark Aura and Drive Atk, and 39 Spd is pretty good to double and avoid being doubled by merged speed demons like Lucina, Karel, etc.

Saber is pretty thwomp and hits hard as well, similar to Sharena. Base 37 spd without buffs is a good mark to deal with Arena enemies, he one rounds Hectors with Rally Atl support while taking one digit damage. He also kills silly archers but I'm not using Aegis that much besides story chapters or training tower.