Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Careful, soon you'll be the -Spd version of Rezzy.

It's because Selena bas Threaten Speed. Edit: nvm thought you were referring to DehNutCase

@XRay with lowballing scores for Defense Team, would a 4 star/3 star bonus unit work with an optimised cavalry team? Or would it just be easy pickings?

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Score: 4826 [Tier 20 --> 19]

Defense: 580 (x1) [Fae2+ / Lilina / Sharena / Azura];  278-292 (x15) [Fae2+ / Eldigan+1 / Peri / Ursula];  Total 16 Defenses

Rewards: 5400 + 4 Orbs

Offense Team: 

• Sharena [=], (Fensalir, Repos., Bonfire, Spd+3, Seal Spd 3, Fort Def 3, Fort Res 1)
  • Eldigan+1 [+Spd/-HP] (Mystletainn, Repos., Ignis, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cav, HP+3)
  • Ursula [=] (Blarowl+, Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury 3, WoM 3, Hone Cav, Atk+1)
  • Peri [+Spd/-HP] (Brave Lance+, Repos., Galeforce, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cav, QP)

Looks like my recent dump of 20k feathers into Anna will pay off as she's my only 5* bonus unit for the upcoming season.  

48 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It's because Selena bas Threaten Speed. Edit: nvm thought you were referring to DehNutCase

@XRay with lowballing scores for Defense Team, would a 4 star/3 star bonus unit work with an optimised cavalry team? Or would it just be easy pickings?

I am not sure if the bonus unit even matters, since it is usually the cavalry that does damage, or at least I think so. Reinhard has better range and movement, so I assume Reinhardt does most of the killing, or at the very least makes the first kill.

2,500 feathers for 4,780 offence points;
   900 feathers for 572 defence points;
1,800 feathers and 4 orbs for demoting into tier 18;

5,200 feathers and 4 orbs overall. Okay. Time to suffer with Berkut and friends.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It hasn't even been an hour yet since server refresh and I already got a defense win! Thanks, Voting Gauntlet quests! Score of 574.

Trust me, I've given out two defence wins (against my will).

Tier 20 score of 4884 (no deaths; no surrenders; 700, 700, 700, 694, 698, 696, 696; Nowi +4, Nino +6, Eirika 5*, Summer Corrin):

• Aug 1, 1:30AM PT - #158 (/723 to stay)

Nothing really too crazy about the opponents faced here aside from maybe a weirdo Faye who had inherited a Killer Bow+. This is just a couple points below my run from a couple weeks ago. I think this should be fairly safe (the numbers currently really aren't indicative of anything), though it maybe borderline enough that I'll probably be looking to improve the streak if I can. Then again, the threshold probably dropped by a least a little, so I guess I'll see what the numbers look like before throwing extra crests at it.

No defense wins yet.

Anna is pretty nice, surprisingly. Since my squad is EP combat god squad, having someone with ORKO PP to round it out is nice. The bad thing is her being green and green being such a contested slot for me(thanks Cecilia) but oh well

42 Speed Solo is on par with buffed Camus/Ursula which is great

This arena rotation is so based

Edited by JSND

I wish I didn't have to spend the dueling sword restores that I've been slowly saving up after the few weeks of going for first. No defense wins yet, but I'm not too worried. Yet.

Tier 20

Score: 5,132 (deathless, 730‒740)
Defense: 0 (0)

Offense team:

+10 Robin (M) [+Spd, -Res] (Blárraven+, Reposition, Bonfire, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Spur Def 3)
+10 Mystery Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, HP +3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Attack +1)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Speed +1)

I should probably give Robin the Spur Def 1 seal just for kicks. A fully buffed Tiki with all of that there would have some absurd 45/62/50 defenses on a fortification tile.

Kind of bummed. I thought using a flying team would be getting me more points in the Arena than my horse team since fliers have a higher BST. But it looks like my scores are consistently lower or just about the same. At the very least my team last season got me a couple of 700 battles. I haven't managed to get anything over 692 this season. I even switched out Michalis for Hector to see if my score would get higher but no such luck. *insert sigh here* At the very least, fliers are easier to maneuver which has been fun. ...except for Hector who is kind of dead weight.

Current Team:
Summer Corrin+1 (+ATK -HP): Blarblade+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Swift Strike 2, Desperation 3, Fortify Fliers, SPD+1
Cordelia (+ATK -DEF): Brave Lance+, Reposition, Astra, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers, ATK+1
Palla (+ATK -RES): Ruby Sword+, Reposition, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Quickened Pulse
Hector (+DEF -RES): Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Kind of bummed. I thought using a flying team would be getting me more points in the Arena than my horse team since fliers have a higher BST. But it looks like my scores are consistently lower or just about the same. At the very least my team last season got me a couple of 700 battles. I haven't managed to get anything over 692 this season. I even switched out Michalis for Hector to see if my score would get higher but no such luck. *insert sigh here* At the very least, fliers are easier to maneuver which has been fun. ...except for Hector who is kind of dead weight.

Current Team:
Summer Corrin+1 (+ATK -HP): Blarblade+, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Swift Strike 2, Desperation 3, Fortify Fliers, SPD+1
Cordelia (+ATK -DEF): Brave Lance+, Reposition, Astra, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers, ATK+1
Palla (+ATK -RES): Ruby Sword+, Reposition, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Quickened Pulse
Hector (+DEF -RES): Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor

All Indications are that BST has very little if anything to do with scores now. Merges and higher SP cost on weapons and skills are what has the effect on your score.

What was on your horse team? Odds are that they just had skills with higher SP cost. Or more merges.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

All Indications are that BST has very little if anything to do with scores now. Merges and higher SP cost on weapons and skills are what has the effect on your score.

What was on your horse team? Odds are that they just had skills with higher SP cost. Or more merges.

Yeah i think unless its a jump from say Cecilia to Hector BST matters little atm

Which make me wonder though - does Merge got calculated as Merge or as BST?

@Rafiel's Aria Horse Emblem  actually have deceptively high scoring in some cases because most of them have Legendary weapon

Edited by JSND

20 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Rafiel's Aria Horse Emblem  have deceptively high score in some cases because most of them have Legendary weapon

I figured that might have something to do with it.There might be hope if I can get Cordelia Galeforce. 

EDIT (Missed your response for some reason @Hawk King Last season I was using Xander, Raven!Cecilia+1, Reinhardt+1, and Hector. Rein and Hector had Wings of Mercy. Everyone had a pretty standard build. Looking at it now, Xander, Rein, and Hector all had special weapons, so I guess that made a difference.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

34 minutes ago, JSND said:

Which make me wonder though - does Merge got calculated as Merge or as BST?

Merges are their own separate thing. Even the difference from Hector to Cecelia would be 1 point at most if at all. BST really doesn't matter anymore.

25 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

EDIT (Missed your response for some reason @Hawk King Last season I was using Xander, Raven!Cecilia+1, Reinhardt+1, and Hector. Rein and Hector had Wings of Mercy. Everyone had a pretty standard build. Looking at it now, Xander, Rein, and Hector all had special weapons, so I guess that made a difference.

Their weapons and the extra merge would make a noticeable difference.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

How are merges calculated when team matching? I don't know if having a +1 Reinhardt and +2 Olivia (4 star) means my defense team gets matched with higher arena teams which is maybe why I struggle with defense wins?

If people are choosing advanced and your team happens to be there it will be stronger than your opponents. Intermediate and they will be roughly the same. And on Beginner, your Team will be weaker than whoever chose it.

Basically the exact opposite of how the teams are when doing arena runs.

For people who are choosing the advanced option, your team should be stronger than theirs.

Score of 5030 (T20) is currently rank 193.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

uuuWDFG.png

Figured I'd keep Celica on the team, and fed her a 4* Roderick I got on my quest for Summer Corrin for Rally Def/Res...still need to give her or Azura Hone Spd, and poor Nino's matchups have been hurt a little bit since the team doesn't have it, but oh well, it's still workable.

I'm back in tier 20 this week, but I'm not even going to try to stay. At least not without getting any of the new summer units. I don't have any of the other bonus units trained or 5*'d, so I'll just head back down to 19. At least I get to be lax with my matches this week.

Also got a defense win already with Cordelia, Ike and S Camilla lead by my 2* untrained Anna for the bonus. I have no idea how somebody with a +5 fully SI'd Firesweep Cordelia managed to lose to my team, but okay.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm back in tier 20 this week, but I'm not even going to try to stay. At least not without getting any of the new summer units. I don't have any of the other bonus units trained or 5*'d, so I'll just head back down to 19. At least I get to be lax with my matches this week.

Also got a defense win already with Cordelia, Ike and S Camilla lead by my 2* untrained Anna for the bonus. I have no idea how somebody with a +5 fully SI'd Firesweep Cordelia managed to lose to my team, but okay.

I wish I could get defense wins more often. These are almost like a myth for me! I even put my flier team on defense this week! I have Catria, Palla, S. Camilla, and S. Elise. I wish I had S. Corrin...