Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish I had the benefit of Gauntlet missions for Arena next week. It gives me a reason to do lots of Arenas to get a good score, but I'm in my Tier 20 week, where I have no real chance of staying, so all these extra battles are pretty much wasted.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I really wish I had the benefit of Gauntlet missions for Arena next week. It gives me a reason to do lots of Arenas to get a good score, but I'm in my Tier 20 week, where I have no real chance of staying, so all these extra battles are pretty much wasted.

Same

I'm just using my dueling crests that I got from this as practice. It shows how bad I am at times because I used a lot to get a perfect streak :/

I hope getting back into 20 won't be too hard!

2 hours ago, EmanEmal said:

image.thumb.jpg.7a2389876e81bf43d6fa39c66182583d.jpg

I burned through my 70 dualing  swords and this is my best score.

Do you guys think I'm doomed is this enough to maybe make it to tier 20?

Enough u will be in 20.

Edited by ignis_z

3 hours ago, EmanEmal said:

I burned through my 70 dualing  swords and this is my best score.

Do you guys think I'm doomed is this enough to maybe make it to tier 20?

70 dueling swords just to barely make it to Tier 20? Is the extra 1200 feather that important to you? You're just going to drop back down to 19 next week and then struggle to make it up to Tier 20 again. But now you aren't going to have any swords.

While I agree that that seems excessive in the long run, there is a special feeling to hitting Tier 20 for the first time, so I can also see why he'd do it.

Tier 20 score of 4910 (no deaths; no surrenders; Summer Corrin, Nowi +5, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 696, 702, 702, 704, 706, 696, 704):

• Aug 3 12:45AM PT - #1111 (/2729 to stay)
  • Aug 3 3:35PM PT - #1372 (/2758 to stay)
  • Aug 6 1:40PM PT - #1791 (/2847 to stay)

Pretty slow rate of decay given the time that has passed, but at this level of score, I guess that's just expected. The general threshold is starting to get quite sizable, too (though perhaps a bit slower than I expected).

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

While I agree that that seems excessive in the long run, there is a special feeling to hitting Tier 20 for the first time, so I can also see why he'd do it.

Tier 20 score of 4910 (no deaths; no surrenders; Summer Corrin, Nowi +5, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 696, 702, 702, 704, 706, 696, 704):

• Aug 3 12:45AM PT - #1111 (/2729 to stay)
  • Aug 3 3:35PM PT - #1372 (/2758 to stay)
  • Aug 6 1:40PM PT - #1791 (/2847 to stay)

Pretty slow rate of decay given the time that has passed, but at this level of score, I guess that's just expected. The general threshold is starting to get quite sizable, too (though perhaps a bit slower than I expected).

That is nice. I score around 4950 with a perfect run, so I think I can safely settle for one death per run now. Trying to get deathless runs in the previous weeks was difficult with those fortification maps.

My current ranking is 1,024 with a score of 4,958.

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is nice. I score around 4950 with a perfect run, so I think I can safely settle for one death per run now. Trying to get deathless runs in the previous weeks was difficult with those fortification maps.

My current ranking is 1,024 with a score of 4,958.

A death loses you 70 points. I don't think 4888 would be good enough to stay most weeks.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Aug 6 1:40PM PT - #1791 (/2847 to stay)

My score of 4912 is rank #1745 so that's 45 other people tied with me who are just ahead of you. As far as I remember you and I end up right around the same score every week.

I think 4888 would be roughly enough, at least now it should be. I was able to stay with 4886 on one of the previous weeks. It was a little tight (margin of just over 100 ranks), but 4888 should be even safer.

Interesting that there's still such a large volume of ties in the 4900s. Granted, I guess it's somewhat more likely given the difficulty of squeezing out those extra points at this level, even though there's not a huge raw population up here.

This time around I tried Berkut and Horse Emblem, but he doesn't have assist which might be the cause of getting sub 4800 pts.

Changed to Xander (summer), Saber, Sonya and Delthea team and got 4818 which so far ensures my promotion to Tier 20.

Xander's Infantry Pulse was so useful to make Sonya get 1cd of Iceberg and crack any mage there, specially Julias, Cecilias and Reinhardts. I love Sonya. Also, Saber one rounding Hectors is cool, plus -Atk Delthea one shotting def tile Ikes was hilarious.

Gave my M!Robin TA3 and SB3, which allowed me to add 20 more points to the score. Now I’m at 4,754, which is rank 11,723/15,868. I’m definitely going back up to tier 19 in the morning.

After a painful week (WoM for days...) I finally got a deathless streak of 4834 using NS!Xander, Ike, Hector and Nowi. I also got 1 defense win against someone with a Hector. I'm happy because the feathers from arena will allow me to promote my lovely Eirika to 5*!

Season 27 (1.3.0 S13) Results:

Score: 4,808
Defense: 580

MG4EJ0r.png

Anna's debut.  The team is very reliable, as an Eirika, Nino, Azura team should be, but it scores low.  It was hard getting matches over 684, even with Azura at +1.  While I wait to pull another Cain to give WoM to Azura, she makes due with Seal Atk filler from a spare 4* Jeorge I had.  Unrelated to the above team, but I somehow managed to pull in a whopping 10 defenses this week, the most I've gotten by far.  I was not expecting green-stacking to be all that effective.   

It's hard to say which of the Askr trio I like best -- Alfonse limits my red options, but he works well with Hector and other units that can get me a high score.  Sharena is Ephraim-lite, and Anna is probably the best combat unit of the three. 

I ran into this in one of my matches:

tpZV4PN.png

Got baited into ninja emblem, which I didn't even know was a thing.  They were all 4*+10 with Poison Daggers.  Seems like a very under-looked team composition, if only for arena defense.

Season 27 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

Ce8OmYg.png

53 Hp?  Consider those infantry pulsed.

9nZT80B.pngFl

Flying Hector.  Hauteclere + Quickened Pulse is just nasty.

phfjDK9.png

Pretty standard build, and I've seen just about every other worthwhile flying lancer with it, but this is the first Catria surprisingly.

RddQSuT.png

He was on the aforementioned ninja team.  It was then a I realized his title is "Angry Ninja", which I think is pretty funny.  He's the dagger user I'd be most interested in building up, but I've never even pulled a 3* version before lol

BH61OTs.png

Go for +3, my dude. 

Previous Season Results:

Down to Tier 18. Did a last minute switch to Bladetome team since Cav didn't get enough points but ran out of time.

some interesting teams i face included an Anna + 3 Zephiels team which was easy to separate.

also faced a Close Counter +3 Clarrise which was interesting.

Also +1 merged 5 star Wrys with Fortress Def

2,500 feathers for offence score of 4,754; 900 feathers for defence score of 570; 2,000 feathers and 4 orbs for promoting into tier 19.

5,400 feathers and 4 orbs overall. Nice!

Arena assault deathless run of 4,766. 

Highlights: 

An enemy team of Eliwood, Hector, Roy and Lilina.

Zephiel soloing 3/4 of the enemy team while sitting on a fort tile. All I needed to do was kill Azura first.

I'm currently rank 21 on the leaderboard. 

Edit: Rank now dropped to 92. Won't stay there much longer.

Edited by Korath88