Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Deathless Arena Assault run with 4810 points. 

You can actually look at the next map before choosing your team, so you dont need to worry about Rheinehardt every battle (I actually saw none of them all 7 battles). Highlight was definitely Nino soloing a team of Linde and three Hectors.

4810 Points puts me at rank 40 for the time being. 

Does anyone know how the points for this mode are calculated? Is it based on the first team?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tier 20 score of 4904 (no deaths; 1 surrender; Summer Corrin, Nowi +5, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 696, 704, 702, 702, 696, 698, 706):

• Aug 8, 1:15AM PT - #78 (/535 to stay)

Super early numbers are basically useless, since there's no way this score is really top 100 and that threshold is pathetic at the moment. Oh, well, nice to get a screenshot of it while it lasts. >.>

Decided to blow a couple crests to get the streak done early since I won't be able to set aside time as usual on the upcoming Sat. Surrendered once to avoid a team that had a low point value while also being headed by Minerva. Just had a pretty bad feeling about it and the reward wouldn't have been worth fighting a high-merge Flier Emblem. Ended up getting a 706 for it, so it was totally the right call (though it had a scary set of Bride Cordelia +10 and Kagero +8 on the lava map...). Most notable weird thing was an Azura with Ridersbane+ and Distant Counter. Not sure what she was supposed to do, because that sure wouldn't stop Reinhardt or Cecilia. Summer Corrin has actually been integral in making the lava map less dumb, since being able to Reposition over the lava pits gives me about triple the usual mobility.

No defense wins yet.

I already hate Arena Assault, I had a feeling it would be this way. Why? Arena is already the least fun with all the scrubs putting up the same units all the time and me not having 7 good teams, two (I guess three considering enemy team comps) of them are trash at the moment, and I lose valuable points with them. Having to do this every week on top of normal arena, holy .....

Haven't tried Arena Assault yet. That's next. I wanted to get my weekly Arena run out of the way first. Man alive... I swear I handed out 6 defense wins because Wings of Mercy everyone kept screwing me over. I ended up with a deathless run of 4842. Not amazing, but not bad. It should be good enough. I even ran into this guy:

Spoiler

Mj6sidK.png?1

That's some real dedication. I was really intrigued when I saw him as the leader of the team.

I got the same score this week: 4,958. I will be staying.

Thank goodness I did not see pony teams on that stupid map with parallel vertical bridges. I saw Reinhardt both times when I got that map twice, but his team mates are all infantry so it was much, much easier. I pity the poor soul who has to face my defense team on that stupid bridge map.

3 hours ago, Nathair said:

You can actually look at the next map before choosing your team, so you dont need to worry about Rheinehardt every battle (I actually saw none of them all 7 battles). Highlight was definitely Nino soloing a team of Linde and three Hectors.

4810 Points puts me at rank 40 for the time being. 

Does anyone know how the points for this mode are calculated? Is it based on the first team?

I lowered my score to your range and it made it A LOT easier! At my usual 4886 range (rank 20), all I face are super merged Blue mages. I just don't have enough to counter them all.

All right. First Arena Assault run got me 4399 with plenty of deaths. It's nice that you can view the teams before you enter the map. This new mode did make me realize that I need to finish building a lot of characters. I've got the numbers just not the best builds. Using items will definitely make runs easier too. I think I'll probably just waste my life grinding since we don't actually need stamina. 

It's going to take some getting used to. Maybe I'll try out the Squad Assaults now.

i just want to point out for those who generally use crest to maximise his own arena score, u can try it via arena assault since the line up are pretty much the same. :D just the way to save crest and save ur items :D.

Whistle2 https://imgur.com/gallery/eImXy
I am done for this week ^^
Got the tricks down. Here some tips for those who dont know. I experiment couple of thing in there
1. All 7 fights score are based on the FIRST fight. So put ur best line up there. 
2. From 2nd to 7th , u can VIEW all the opponent line up and stat by clicking ' check map'
3. If u dont have 28 units , from 2nd fight , u can go with 3 units or less. If ur units all alive , u wont get deduct in points. 
4. Opponent team based on arena , so u dont have to 
Waste crest to reroll in arena to check ur team composition score

I didnt test the items useage there so if someone know , please enlighten me ^^.

Edited by Whistle

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Haven't tried Arena Assault yet. That's next. I wanted to get my weekly Arena run out of the way first. Man alive... I swear I handed out 6 defense wins because Wings of Mercy everyone kept screwing me over. I ended up with a deathless run of 4842. Not amazing, but not bad. It should be good enough. I even ran into this guy:

Hide contents

Mj6sidK.png?1

That's some real dedication. I was really intrigued when I saw him as the leader of the team.

>4842

>not amazing

FeelsBadMan

40+6 Odin with 40 attack. Why

Hasn't even been a day and I've already got my first defence win. I wonder if arena assault defences count for these.

Also, browsing through the top players in arena assault is...an experience to say the least.

Edited by Korath88

Got a 7 streak advanced arena assault with two deaths in. A score of 4647 is now ranked 3737. Getting to see your opponents before the battle begins makes this a lot more doable then I feared it would be.

I do feel I lack enough capable units for this, as my sixth team was pretty poorly constructed and resulted in two deaths. Maybe items can help me out there. Shout out to my last team, which had 3* Narcian and Subaki, 4* Palla and 5* Elise, who easily managed to win against a normal arena team. Gem weapons/flyer emblem OP!

7 hours ago, Nathair said:

You can actually look at the next map before choosing your team, so you dont need to worry about Rheinehardt every battle (I actually saw none of them all 7 battles).

Oh, I didn't realize that. Could have planned better (I think I got somewhat lucky anyway, no horrible match up)

Got 4,565 on my first Arena Assault. Two deaths (both in one fight on the ship map) and a couple of Intermediate battles later on because I wanted to be careful and they didn't have too much of a score penalty.

I really need more blue 5*s. I've been running low a lot lately because most of mine have capped HM, which is no longer an issue as of 1.6 but even without worrying about HM, Arena Assault can be pretty demanding. Fortunately I've got more on the way this month, especially if my pulls go well.

So...Arena Assault...I think I'm in heaven.

No more will I need to worry about built up units sitting in the barracks, twiddling their thumbs: with the ability to basically counterbuild enemy team 2-7 I'll probably be able to use everyone I've given proper builds at one point or another. I won't have to worry about point values (as long as I don't lose units/battles) because all 7 enemy teams are selected based on the first team you go in with. I won't even have to fret over a strong 3-unit core, because the concept of bonus units doesn't exist.

And of course there's the "play it as much as you want" factor.

I haven't tried items yet, though they seem like they'll be interesting. At the very least they'll probably even up team matchups if I decide to be daring and lead with a more well-merged team ('cause I don't have anywhere close to enough units for 7 such teams). We'll see how the mode evolves, I suppose, but I'm loving it so far. I still need to figure out a good team to start with that gives a solid score but won't leave me completely screwed in future matchups though =P .

9 hours ago, Nathair said:

WHAT I ran into like 3 Reinhardts, including on the first battle, which I'm fortunate I had Hector and a defense tile to save me!

1 hour ago, salinea said:

hey guys, do you think should we have one thread for arena assault and one thread for generic arena? It feels a bit crowded this way

I concur, Arena Assault is a whole different ballpark in at least one way: it opens discussion for the different unit builds one can create in hopes of countering all the possible units one will run into. No longer can we throw Reinhardt at all our problems, now we can only throw him at 1 of our 7 problems.

Finally my TA3 Brave Sword+ Cain will begin seeing some more use.

Edited by Xenomata

Everyone is getting such high scores for Arena assault and here I am just proud that I actually finished a 7-streak. Score of 4510 puts me at just outside top 10k. Reinhardt isn't that bad as long as you avoid him during enemy phase. Just kill him on your turn. But the number of dancers that I've run into is ridiculous. Almost every team seems to run one...

40 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Everyone is getting such high scores for Arena assault and here I am just proud that I actually finished a 7-streak. Score of 4510 puts me at just outside top 10k. Reinhardt isn't that bad as long as you avoid him during enemy phase. Just kill him on your turn. But the number of dancers that I've run into is ridiculous. Almost every team seems to run one...

Hey, I'm in the same boat, right down to every team using Dancers. I think the only time I didn't see a Dancer was on an Armor Emblem team that ran a Healer instead...

No one seems to have mentioned this yet, but the scores for the Intermediate and Beginner levels aren't significantly lower than the ones for Advanced. The drop off is only about 10-20 points per level. While I get around 690-700 for Advanced, Intermediate is will give me in the 670s-680s, and Beginner in the 660s-670s. Obviously, a deathless run all on Advanced nets the most points, but, if you're struggling to get through it, it could be worthwhile to do some in the Intermediate or Beginner range.

Edited by Astellius