Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

4796 on tier 19. Hope this gets me back to tier 20, I don't think I'll try to raise it any more.
As usual, no defenses yet. 4th week in a row without defenses, maybe?

Arena Assault, Score of 4674 that puts me on rank 4245. I'll probably play some more to try staying below 10k at the end of the season.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my fears of not having enough units for Arena Assault became true, I finished a 7 streak with a score of 4,518 which puts me at rank 10,556 (just out of the top 10k). I guess it's time to start training my armors, that Roy I got yesterday and whatever unit I have that is good enough to fight here. (Congratulations to Xander, Camus and Cecilia, they rose up on my "Promote to 5*" priority list by a lot).

My first go of Arena Assault went very well if I do say so myself as I made it through deathless for a score of 4,804 (good for rank 1,033). For all the fears of constantly running into Reinhardt in Arena Assault I've seen around here, I didn't end up seeing him a single time in my run. Instead, I got Hector in all seven of my matches which did allow me to break out some sword units (Roy, Tobin) that otherwise never get any use. I even KO'd one of them with my 4* Maria just because I could. I think I'm going to come to quite like this mode as time goes on at least until it sends multiple Horse Emblem teams at me in a row.

36 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

My first go of Arena Assault went very well if I do say so myself as I made it through deathless for a score of 4,804 (good for rank 1,033). For all the fears of constantly running into Reinhardt in Arena Assault I've seen around here, I didn't end up seeing him a single time in my run. Instead, I got Hector in all seven of my matches which did allow me to break out some sword units (Roy, Tobin) that otherwise never get any use. I even KO'd one of them with my 4* Maria just because I could. I think I'm going to come to quite like this mode as time goes on at least until it sends multiple Horse Emblem teams at me in a row.

thats good! I got a constant flow of Reinhardt + Azura or Nino + Azura as my oponents! including some Flier Emblem or Horse Emblem Sprinkled in!

I found this on other board and help perfecting it. I thought i might aswell share it here. 

Infinite assault item farming ~ 

1. Put 1 lv 40 4* or 5 * in 1st fight. Win 1v1 on easy mode 

2. Ur 2nd round to 7th round on easy mode only have 1 enemy :D.so u can win quick 

:D infinite farms ~ 

Arena Assault is kicking my ass and I kind of love it.  I like that I can just keep at it without spending anything!

I need to work on getting used to using my other teams.  My current 7-streak score is 4645 from doing beginner battles.  I feel so naked without a dancer in 4/7 fights!  

Hopefully I can get a decent score on advanced by the time the week ends.  I'm a bit slow at getting used to new things, so who knows.  

Very impressed that some people on here managed to get a deathless 7-streak on advanced so soon!  You guys are amazing.

Sandbagged my Arena Assault score a bit by starting with a tricked-out, but barely merged team of second stringers so that the other 2-3 teams of super scrubs could have an easier time. As a result, I got an even 4800, putting me at rank #1162. I'll make some attempts with my normal core leading, but I only really have enough of a bench for four good teams, so I fear for the lives of my others (which are mostly low-mid-tier melee). Probably one of the best moments was an Askr sorority moment. Sharena had inherited Hone Spd 3 and was hanging out with my Fury 3 Anna. The enemy had a Fury 2 Anna, which let me just squeak by on decisively winning the mirror match. This also set up Escape Route, which I planned to use to gank the enemy Rein, but he kept running around wildly like an idiot and ended up exposing himself to Sharena, so she did him in instead. Oh, and I think I saw something stupid like 5 Reins during my streak (I'd completely run out of characters that could duel him or easily pick him, leading to trying to rely on Anna). :mellow:

Assault Score: 4800

• Aug 8, 1:30PM PT - #1162

Tier 20 score of 4904 (no deaths; 1 surrender; Summer Corrin, Nowi +5, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 696, 704, 702, 702, 696, 698, 706):

• Aug 8, 1:15AM PT - #78 (/535 to stay)
  • Aug 8, 1:30PM PT - #409 (/2290 to stay)

Got a single defense win worth 570.

I really want to know the purpose of those coins, talking about some past ceremonies, mostly to be at ease with the fact that I'll never be in the top 100 and always lose out on at least 5 coins per week.

Also, 40+ people have rank 1 on Arena Assault, seems that there isn't a whole lot of diversity up there, ey?

7 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Also, 40+ people have rank 1 on Arena Assault, seems that there isn't a whole lot of diversity up there, ey?

I'm surprised there's even enough room to fit all those Mega Wishiwashis into that one rank to begin with. Just for the record, all but three of the players who are sharing #1 have a +10 5* as their lead hence my joke.

Urgh, there's pressure to at least try doing decently in Arena Assault since not many of my units have received any form of SI.

Currently, my best score is 4191 though that is with using non-level capped units on the first team, having 1 death, and using no items. I like that you can look over the enemy team and map before selecting allies to send in to battle.

Already got my defense win for regular Arena (576 points).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Yay, I actually got a deathless streak on advanced Arena Assault!  I put a weaker team in the first fight to make my scores lower.  I had a much easier time.  My score was 4788!  :^_^:

As for the regular Arena, I'm back in Tier 19.  I'm gonna take it easy and use the daily swords since it will be easy to get back to 20.

4,511 for Arena Assault! I'm really digging this gamemode! It's having me create teams I normally wouldn't do other wise. I almost lost the sixth battle from a Horse Emblem team and a Male Robin. I survived it with Ninian only at 4 HP lol. Good thing that Robin was Res-.

After a few tries, I managed to get a deathless advanced streak in the Arena Assault for a Score of 4826 which is currently Rank 874. Of course, the Rank will drop for sure, I'm curious to see where it'll end. 1st Team consisted of (5* Titania+2, 5* Ninian+1, 5* Eldigan, 5* Alfonse) which put me around ~690 points/battle. I could probably improve this a little bit by including my Lucina and Hector into the 1st team, but I wanted to save them up even though I ended up not using them at all in this Run. Also, no Items were used, because I was too dumb to figure out that I have to select them before the first battle. :facepalm:

I really like this mode, even if Reindood is more annoying than ever. Only having 2 real counters against this bitch, especially if I have to use one of them in the 1st Team, sucks immensely. Still, the Assault is so much fun. Finally I found a way to use all those 4* and 5* that I trained up but never used just because there were better Units or they would tank my Score. Finally all that effort to train up everyone counts for something. I also really like the aspect that I have to decide which of my best Units to use in a battle and which ones I better save up if their job can be replaced by someone weaker without risking to die. Honorably mention goes here to my 4* Subaki, the perfect backup blue Wall to all Reds, 5* Tobin, who destroyed a Quad-Hector Team with Serras help all by himself, and my 4* Bartre, the one who defies Effie and smites my Cherche into action against that pesky Delthea that threatened me.

As for the regular Arena, since I got up to T20 again, it's time to slack off since I can't stay up there anyway. I'll just grab 4100 points and call it a day. Unfortunately, no defenses yet, put there's still plenty of time.

12 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

>4842

>not amazing

FeelsBadMan

40+6 Odin with 40 attack. Why

XD I mean...I've been trying to break my high score for a while now. At the very least 4842 should get me back into tier 20. It's not awful, but it's not as good as I've been doing. Considering how many battles I lost before I got it, I'd say it was well-deserved at least. 

Poor Odin. He really, really wants to be good. 

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

thats good! I got a constant flow of Reinhardt + Azura or Nino + Azura as my oponents! including some Flier Emblem or Horse Emblem Sprinkled in!

You and me both! I keep getting an endless stream of Reinhardt's and dancers! Along with a ton of Hector's, but I don't really mind Hector though.

So...I decided to go insane and start Arena Assault with a full team of +10s. Counter-building every enemy team actually allowed me to win each one pretty easily. The most entertaining ones were when I got matched up against flier emblem teams and just threw in Faye, Klein, Jeorge, or even Merric; none of whom I would dream of using in the standard Arena unless I was just messing around.

5112 (6x 730 and 1x 732) is currently spot-on rank 100 for that mode, though I expect I'll drop down soon enough.

Finished the Arena Assault run I started over lunch for a score of 5,142, which is currently a 3-way tie for 78th. No items because first run.

It looks like the players tying for first are running an initial team with a score high enough to only get match-ups against opponents worth 740 points. I wonder if I can pull that off with just Sheena added to my team (or maybe Sheena and Gwendolyn/Effie) instead of a full team of +10 armors.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Arena Assualt is kinda rough lol... Currently, I have 16 viable 5*s and 7 viable 4*s.

Score: 4738 Advance-Deathless: Avg 676 [min: 668, max 680]

First team: 5* Fir, 5* Abel, 4* Zephiel and 4* Sheena.

As for the rest of the battles, I have to play by ear and use units sparingly, generally saving the best for last.  Units like Vantage Kagero help since she can solo entire blade mage + dancer teams.

Oh how I love when I face flier emblem. Archers have a field day. Played it safe and got a no item deathless run of 4738. Starting team of Olwen, Xander, Camus, and 4* Gunter. Scores were sandbagged considering I had virtually no SI on these units. Ranked 3382 right now. Hope I don't fall out of top 5k. Top 1k seems virtually impossible for me though

Edited by Kiran

16 hours ago, Korath88 said:

[...]

Also, browsing through the top players in arena assault is...an experience to say the least.

Browsing the visible top players, i see only +10 units (even one +10 Merric) except for that guy with a Xander +1 (Fury 3. QR2, Hone Cav, Ignis). How did he manage to get such a high score with a +1 Cavalry? 

12 hours ago, Rinco said:

4796 on tier 19. Hope this gets me back to tier 20, I don't think I'll try to raise it any more.
As usual, no defenses yet. 4th week in a row without defenses, maybe?

Arena Assault, Score of 4674 that puts me on rank 4245. I'll probably play some more to try staying below 10k at the end of the season.

I dont think if it will be anough, put your team, its possible i can help you with defenses, I never defended and I have three weeks with a new team and in two of them I have done 10 and 11. Now i have 2.

Edited by ignis_z

Beat a full streak for 4,391. Considering the kinds of units I was slapping in later (and my Clair only having Brave Lance starting to show its weakness), I don't expect to get massive scores, so this is good for me.

Well, I guess that wasn't too bad. I realized I only barely have enough units that can actually deal with Wary Fighter Effies. Damned shallow green pool. I swear I'm going to have to start putting Hammers on everything (time to level a Frederick and give Cherche her Hammer back).

Arena Assault

Score: 5,180

Spoiler

rwXyNM2.jpg

I built an Effie that can one-shot other Effies. Not terribly necessary, though, since she's stuck on my dragon team specifically to boost my score.

Spoiler

bd9ACc2.jpg

+10 Effie [+Atk, -Spd] (Heavy Spear+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Goad Armor, Squad Ace B 1)

That was more expensive than I probably would have liked, though... burned 100,000 feathers for promotions and the Heavy Spear+ as well as another Hector and my last 5-star Chrom. But now my armor team will be that much more kick-ass.

If I can still guarantee all of my matches will be 740 points, I might drop Distant Counter back down to Death Blow 3 for more guaranteed kills.

Ugh, that took way too long to get a non-sandbagged Assault score. Had a few runs where I just plain screwed up (a couple times on the 7th match), but I also had a few that were just unwinnable by attrition, since my 6th-stringers just couldn't handle it. Of note is a team that ran Firesweep Bride Cordelia, Brave Bow Takumi and Blarblade Corrin all on the same team with a dancer. It was pretty much impossible to get them to separate because they call wanted to smash the same target. The other one of note is an almost streak where every match had a Reinhardt. Seven damn Reinhardts, with four of teams running 3-4-unit Horse Emblem (the triple horses always had a bonus unit if their fourth wasn't a horse). I go into this with basically five Reinhardt counters, so the fact that one of the other teams managed to pick him without it is just astonishing. The final 6th-stringer team just couldn't manage, though and that was that. Just, like... man, that made me want to headbutt a hole in my wall. One nice cherry on top for the finished run is that I brought items, but ended up not having to use a single one.

On a funnier note, one of the failed runs faced a full armour team at the midpoint and I ended up deploying 5* Tobin to try to preserve units for other battles. Shout-outs to him for murdering Sheena, Zephiel, putting the enemy Hector within range of my Hector killing him and being so threatening when in range of (a wounded) Effie that she decided she'd rather fight Lukas. :lol:

Assault Score: 4904

• Aug 9, 4:00AM PT - #411

Tier 20 score of 4904 (no deaths; 1 surrender; Summer Corrin, Nowi +5, Eirika 5*, Nino +6; 696, 704, 702, 702, 696, 698, 706):

• Aug 8, 1:15AM PT - #78 (/535 to stay)
  • Aug 8, 1:30PM PT - #409 (/2290 to stay)
  • Aug 9, 4:00AM PT - #593 (/2803 to stay)

No further defense wins.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, I guess that wasn't too bad. I realized I only barely have enough units that can actually deal with Wary Fighter Effies. Damned shallow green pool. I swear I'm going to have to start putting Hammers on everything (time to level a Frederick and give Cherche her Hammer back).

Since AA is a mode where, after the first map, you can see enemy units, can't you just prepare a bunch of TA-3 for Wary Effie and the like? (Or Narcian---shame he's a bit too slow to double Effie without a speed buff, at least when he's at a heavy merge disadvantage, despite his breaker.)

Edited by DehNutCase