Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

got a deathless run on my second try for Arena Assault, score of 4,802 and likely the best i can get since all battles are based on score of the first team. rank 2,300 yay.

i only got paired against a Reinfart once, and encountered no Horse Emblems. instead i encountered a lot of poorly inherited Armour Emblems that were easy to pick off. if it wasn't Armour Emblem there was always, literally like 6/7 of the matches had Hectors, and like 4/7 had Effie. i ended up breaking out a decent amount of 4* units and they did great, the ability to see the map before you head in just makes everything so smooth. seeing my -Atk 4* Tsubaki destroy a merged Ryoma was fun, and other such things. also thank jeebus i randomly put Axebreaker on my 4* Michalis for a GHB that i ended up not even using him for, because i totally forgot to bring a sword for Hector on one map but that saved my ass. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, my rank plummeted... I had a decent rank before, and I thought it might go down a little, but I didn't expect it to drop THIS much.

I tried Arena Assault again and managed to get seven wins thanks to a technique pointed out earlier (start with a weak team, use strong teams after), but my rank is still low. I'm not sure how to get it higher. I'm not prepared for advanced battles with fully trained teams...

I got 4806 playing two fights with:

Roy +4 +HP -RES, Camus, Fae +2 +SPD -HP, Berkut 4 stars 40+1

And the remaining with:

Roy +4 +HP -RES, Reinhardt +DEF -HP, Cecilia +ATK -HP, Berkut 4 stars 40+1

I beat my previous record with 4806 and I'm ready for 20 on 2702. 

Managed to get a new personal record at 4858, which was ranked around 400 in tier 19 when I got it. I should be pretty secure to promote to tier 20 now.

I also have 3 defence wins, so that means I don't to worry about the regular arena anymore for this week. I still want to improve my Arena Assault score though...

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

What are your merges? I can barely get above 4800

Reinhardt+1, no other merges.

I am using Hector, Ryoma and Anna besides him, so all of them have legendary weapons and Hector is good at buffing scores. Evryone has all skill slots filled out, although Anna has Attack+3 as her A-slot (I used up all my Fury fodder) and nobody has high cost specials like Aether or Galeforce. I should also mention I got a bit lucky this time around, since I got a lot of high scoring enemies.

Maybe try adding an Armor or legendary weapon user?

New high score of 4,842 achieved in Arena Assault! Ranks at 1,458. Same team: Sharena, Marthcina, Cordelia+1, Minerva. I think this is as high as I'm feasibly getting with this team. I'll need to switch things up to boost my score further.

Luke demolished a team of scary squishies (Nino, Anna and Ryoma) all by himself with the help of a dancer and a Dancer's Veil. His Panic Ploy has also been incredible in helping me deal with Blade teams. And here I thought I wouldn't find a use for a Brave Sword cav... I actually need more Brave users than I have! Ogma hasn't seen this much use since the start of the game. Since I'm fighting way above my merge level, nobody can double anything unless they're a Brave user and the squishy mages usually just barely escape a OHKO. It's time to build up Brave Axe Cherche and Brave Sword Alfonse, plus train Cain, Gordin and maybe even Donnel. ...Once the Tempest is over anyway.

Edited by azurrys

I'm starting to get worried about my defense win happening this week. I don't think the current maps lend themselves to the lvl 1 3* bonus unit + 3 real units strategy I've been using of late, as after a couple days I still didn't get anything. I have no good bonus unit this week so I just boosted up my Anna to 4* and got her to 40 so I can try using her as my bonus unit on offense. I also threw her on a defense team now  with Ike, Cordelia, and S Camilla. But still no dice since the other day. I got 7 defenses last week, so things are being erratic again.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I'm starting to get worried about my defense win happening this week.

I still didn't get anything.

I want my 6.4k cumulative feathers!

(oh gosh this song sounds horrible lmao

i can't believe we liked that in middle school)

Edited by GuiltyLove

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I want my 6.4k cumulative feathers!

(oh gosh this song sounds horrible lmao

i can't believe we liked that in middle school)

LOL Maybe I can be part of the no-defense cool club this week!

I tried taking off Ike's skills besides Vantage, switched his special from Aether to Luna, took off Hector's Hone Atk, and switched in Cordelia with Desperation and her C skill off. Maybe with less point value my team will get some weaker people who can't finish off both Ike and Hector.. I usually don't use Hector since he's bait for a good team, but with the current maps and my 2* Hana bonus unit I'm trying to bait weaker opponents, maybe he'll work out.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

LOL Maybe I can be part of the no-defense cool club this week!

I tried taking off Ike's skills besides Vantage, switched his special from Aether to Luna, took off Hector's Hone Atk, and switched in Cordelia with Desperation and her C skill off. Maybe with less point value my team will get some weaker people who can't finish off both Ike and Hector.. I usually don't use Hector since he's bait for a good team, but with the current maps and my 2* Hana bonus unit I'm trying to bait weaker opponents, maybe he'll work out.

Don't forget that defense wins is a function of attempts * win rate, you increase your win rate by decreasing score, but people attempting your team will decrease as well. [Edit: Mostly because teams only get better over time, so teams will score more over time. If your defense team can only match, say, level 40 4*s, then the pool of people you're fighting is really small.]

Edited by DehNutCase

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Don't forget that defense wins is a function of attempts * win rate, you increase your win rate by decreasing score, but people attempting your team will decrease as well. [Edit: Mostly because teams only get better over time, so teams will score more over time. If your defense team can only match, say, level 40 4*s, then the pool of people you're fighting is really small.]

That's true. I'm only trying this though since doing the opposite with the strongest/most reliable team I can manage hasn't gotten results yet. I may end up 5*'ing my Anna to help my offense score (again, best bonus unit option I have this week if Nohrian Summer doesn't come through soon), but I doubt that'll help out my defense team much. She's really not much of a threat.

16 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

has anyone used items in Arena Assault yet? i've only done two runs but i noticed the "items" button is always greyed out/unclickable, my friend says he hasn't ever noticed it not being greyed out either.

Did you remember to actually bring items into your run? You have to click on up to three of them before the run.

(I don't bother because the runs are easy enough without them, since you get to see enemy team beforehand.)

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Did you remember to actually bring items into your run? You have to click on up to three of them before the run.

(I don't bother because the runs are easy enough without them, since you get to see enemy team beforehand.)

oH. i didn't know you had to do that, thanks.

(yeeaa same. i score better on this mode than normal Arena because seeing the map is the most op of all..rip..what if they made seeing the map an item exclusive ability, now there's a thing)

52 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

what if they made seeing the map an item exclusive ability, now there's a thing

Fortunately, there are only 4 players (sometimes less) with teams worth 740 points in the Arena defense pool. Those of us who score that high have pretty much memorized who has what team (not to mention every team is just some combination of Draug, Effie, Hector, and Sheena).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fortunately, there are only 4 players (sometimes less) with teams worth 740 points in the Arena defense pool. Those of us who score that high have pretty much memorized who has what team (not to mention every team is just some combination of Draug, Effie, Hector, and Sheena).

ha, that's pretty funny. it's like an elite little club up there. must get a bit boring, though.

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

ha, that's pretty funny. it's like an elite little club up there. must get a bit boring, though.

All you literally need up there are 7 green units that can one-hit kill Effie and Hector and a few units who can kill Draug.