Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I've encountered three spring Lucina's today in the arena. I don't understand.

I'm also really starting to regret throwing away that free neutral Cecilia. Since Eliwood is currently a bonus unit, a horse emblem team would be perfect. I currently have no cavalry mages and all around my team (Eliwood, Camus, Xander, Priscilla) is very weak to any mage. Heck, even Odin could probably destroy the whole team.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often played Horse Emblem (Ursula, Xander, Cecilia, Camus) in Arena mode or a Team with a dancer (Ninian).
Now I want to try a Team which is solid without both of it.

At the moment I try something with Sheena,Tana,Selena and Delthea combination and will see how it will work out.
I had a real problem with Red Sword units, until I found out that I had a good Selena with right Boon/Bane (HP-/Atk+), I really like to use her even is she is underappreciated.

I guess Fire sweep could be a problem for me, but I will see.

Arena this week is full of Ikes and Hectors for some reason. Nowi was also fairly common. 4,798 score, probably won't bother to improve on it because I'm dropping out of tier 20 either way.

Also, fuck arena assault. Especially the wall map and goddamn Azura on it.

I decided to try fielding Palla/s!Corrin/Michalis/Alfonse in the regular arena for the past couple of days. Tends to work fine when Reinhardt isn't around and completely falls apart when he is. So back to cavalry, I guess.

>.> This Arena season is infuriating. I think I just spent the past HOUR (using probably 15 dueling crests...maybe more actually) to realize I can't get more than a 4 win streak. My score is stuck at 2776 at the moment. I finally decided to take a break just to cool off. I swear that at least 80% of the teams I've faced are horse emblem teams. I started avoiding anyone with the normal "trap leads," but apparently everyone's a trap. 

I'm determined to make this work no matter what. I have some wicked strategies I may try. I got a spare Tana, and I'm thinking I'll give Guidance to a dancer... I'm just not sure who. Azura's my first choice, but she doesn't have the SP for it at the moment. 

Current Team:
Celica+1 (+SPD -RES) - Ragnarok, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Renewal 3, Savage Blow 3, Quickened Pulse
Reinhardt+1 (+ATK -SPD) - Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry, ATK+1
Amelia+1 (+SPD -RES) - Slaying Axe+, Swap, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Armor March 3, SPD+1
Hector (+DEF -RES) - Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy, Goad Armor, Squad Ace B 1

I plan to give Celica and Rein different C skills to see if that makes things a little easier. They've got the SP for it. I also recently obtained a  4* +ATK -DEF copy of Rein that's probably superior to his -SPD version, so I'll probably promote and merge. Amelia is a GODDESS. Omg... She 41 SPD (42 with the seal plus she got an extra SPD point when she merged). That's the same as my +SPD Celica with LaD3. Honestly, I'm only running two armors to boost my score. Maybe not the best method, but I'm determined to break my 4860 record.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Also, fuck arena assault. Especially the wall map and goddamn Azura on it.

Those Sacred Coin better be worth it. I have to use all of my good green units on gimmick all blue teams. Five or six matches in, I lose to a trap horse emblem team. 

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

I decided to try fielding Palla/s!Corrin/Michalis/Alfonse in the regular arena for the past couple of days. Tends to work fine when Reinhardt isn't around and completely falls apart when he is. So back to cavalry, I guess.

Everythign works fine as long as Reinhardt isnt there... he just screws over everything. Hence why I allways have a Reinhardt counter Unit in my Team. He even screws over my +4 SpringCamilla wiht Gronnblade, because his double attack kills her even with Triangle Disadvantage due to her lower Res... If i wanted to survive that i would need to give up the Shield that protects her from Bows for Triangle Adept... Reinhardt is just fucking retarded seriously ¬.¬ (even tough i use him in my Horse Emblem Team, but he is still retardedly strong)

Score of 5066 (T20) is currently rank 92.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

z5k75Ie.png

Highest Def score is 586 (out of 4).

~

10 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm determined to make this work no matter what. I have some wicked strategies I may try. I got a spare Tana, and I'm thinking I'll give Guidance to a dancer... I'm just not sure who. Azura's my first choice, but she doesn't have the SP for it at the moment. 

Guidance is Fliers only (in case you haven't found out yet).

Edited by LordFrigid

31 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Guidance is Fliers only (in case you haven't found out yet).

Well this game wants you to break things just not the things you want to break. XD Well dang it. I guess I'll have to figure out another use for my second Tana...

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well this game wants you to break things just not the things you want to break. XD Well dang it. I guess I'll have to figure out another use for my second Tana...

Given her exclusive weapon, the meh-ness of the skills that boost 2 stats (imo), and the fact that Moonbow can be inherited from Palla or Odin, I would say it's either give Guidance to your favorite flier (that isn't named Tana), or load her up with skills and merge into the first.

Good luck on your Arena streak, btw!

59 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Tier 17, although I might drop since I haven't even started this Arena yet :p

If you don’t play arena at all during the week, you don’t get rewards but you also don’t get demoted.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Given her exclusive weapon, the meh-ness of the skills that boost 2 stats (imo), and the fact that Moonbow can be inherited from Palla or Odin, I would say it's either give Guidance to your favorite flier (that isn't named Tana), or load her up with skills and merge into the first.

Good luck on your Arena streak, btw!

I'll probably end up merging. I'm pretty sure Tana is going to be my main flier (considering she's a fave character). 

This is going to be a long week... I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I at least managed to get a score over 4000 for the feathers. But I went from 90 dueling crests to 68 with nothing to show for it. I did fight my first 702 team which was nice. Oddly enough the teams rated 700 aren't half as cancerous as those in the 694-988 range. It may just be this set of maps that's screwing me up. I really, really hate the lava one. 

I got two more Defense Wins today, so I guess last week's total was just a fluke.

I'm beginning to hate the boat map with the breakable crates.  The crates prevent any real baiting on the first turn, and I'm too close to arrange myself and just wait to see the AI's turn order, because they're right on top of you after that.  That map has killed more streaks than any other, even the bridge map.  Anyone else got a map they hate most?

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This is going to be a long week... I think I'm going to throw in the towel. I at least managed to get a score over 4000 for the feathers. But I went from 90 dueling crests to 68 with nothing to show for it. I did fight my first 702 team which was nice. Oddly enough the teams rated 700 aren't half as cancerous as those in the 694-988 range. It may just be this set of maps that's screwing me up. I really, really hate the lava one. 

Yeah, I had an unusually difficult time this season as well tbh. I usually find the defense map rotations to be pretty free, so I was surprised. I did shake up the team comp & skill sets, so that might've been part of it...idk. At this point, I'm just planning to use the rest of the season to get more practice and hope that it doesn't become a recurring hardship.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Anyone else got a map they hate most?

The one where both teams are stuck behind walls and have to bust their way out. In fact, generally the ones I have trouble with are the ones where the teams load in on the left & right sides of the screen. I find maps where the teams load in at the top and bottom of the screen to be easier/more relaxing/whatever.

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Yeah, I had an unusually difficult time this season as well tbh. I usually find the defense map rotations to be pretty free, so I was surprised. I did shake up the team comp & skill sets, so that might've been part of it...idk. At this point, I'm just planning to use the rest of the season to get more practice and hope that it doesn't become a recurring hardship.

The one where both teams are stuck behind walls and have to bust their way out. In fact, generally the ones I have trouble with are the ones where the teams load in on the left & right sides of the screen. I find maps where the teams load in at the top and bottom of the screen to be easier/more relaxing/whatever.

I'm not a fan of the parallel wall map either; it's probably my second least favorite map.  But at least there, I can sorta bait north or south.  The boat only really has one route, so I can't even do that.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I got two more Defense Wins today, so I guess last week's total was just a fluke.

I'm beginning to hate the boat map with the breakable crates.  The crates prevent any real baiting on the first turn, and I'm too close to arrange myself and just wait to see the AI's turn order, because they're right on top of you after that.  That map has killed more streaks than any other, even the bridge map.  Anyone else got a map they hate most?

The map I hate the most is the map with parallel vertical bridges with a pony team. I am almost guaranteed to lose if I face a pony team there. I am fine with most other maps; although a few others are pretty annoying, none of them are as bad as the one I mentioned.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

The map I hate the most is the map with parallel vertical bridges with a pony team. I am almost guaranteed to lose if I face a pony team there. I am fine with most other maps; although a few others are pretty annoying, none of them are as bad as the one I mentioned.

Am I misremembering or are the Boat Map, Bridge Map, and the Parallel Wall Map all in the rotations this week?  It's like the All-Star Team of bad maps.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Am I misremembering or are the Boat Map, Bridge Map, and the Parallel Wall Map all in the rotations this week?  It's like the All-Star Team of bad maps.

What about the  lava map? Where if the enemy team have a dancer and Reinhardt.  Chances are you will lose a unit .

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Rotation 1 has the map with bridges.

Rotation 2 has the map with walls.

This week, rotation 4 has the map with boats.

You can check the maps on the wiki. It would suck to have all the bad maps in one week though.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Rotation 1 has the map with bridges.

Rotation 2 has the map with walls.

This week, rotation 4 has the map with boats.

You can check the maps on the wiki. It would suck to have all the bad maps in one week though.

Are they all lumped together in Arena Assault?  I could have sworn I've played on the other ones the past couple days.  Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What about the  lava map? Where if the enemy team have a dancer and Reinhardt.  Chances are you will lose a unit .

Depends on who you're running, really. To me, Reinhardt is free Desperation for Nino. That is, unless another cav's range overlaps with his. On a map where teams spawn on the left & right sides. That is the worst.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Are they all lumped together in Arena Assault?  I could have sworn I've played on the other ones the past couple days.  Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

At a certain point, they all just kinda blend together =P . It might've been last season too, it only ended two days ago, after all.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I am not sure. Maybe they are.

Yay, got a deathless AA run.  It was hard!  :o: 

I was against Olwen/Rein/Cecilia/Eldigan on the 7th map without any dancers left (and most of my good dudes were used already too).  I used 4* Female Robin, Genny, Abel, and Summer Leo to win.

Current Rank:

Arena Assault: 4882 - Rank 769.

Regular Arena: 4880 - Rank 838 in Tier 20.

One of my defense wins was worth 588.  That's the highest I've ever had!  

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yes, Arena Assault seems to pull off-season maps and mix pools. I haven't played enough to see if there's any other restrictions, but I've definitely seen it pull in maps that aren't normally in rotation together.