Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Got a little lazy, though the proximity of scores to last week's made them pretty predictable. The biggest oddity is that I only got two defense this week that with the second bringing my best up to 582. I guess it's not a huge surprise since there was a large influx of Julias from Hero Fest, but eh.

Tier 20 score of 4892 (no deaths, no surrenders; Nowi +5, Nino +6, Eirika 5*, Alfonse 5*; 700, 698, 700, 696, 696, 702, 700):

• Aug 17 4:00PM PT - #1208
  • Aug 21 1:30PM PT - #2357 (/3218 to stay)

Arena Assault score of 4896:

• Aug 17 4:00PM PT - #1818
  • Aug 21 1:30PM PT - #1309

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about the Arena and Arena Assault quests today until a few minutes ago so I had to do 5 fights in like 7 minutes.

Turns out it's not so tough if you don't care about points or deaths or a full chain of 7.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Five defense wins after getting none for a month. It's the Alphonse, I'm telling you. Best Askr unit.

*Alfonse

Anyway, 2,500 feathers for offence score of 4,734; 900 feathers for defence score of 572; 2,000 feathers and 4 orbs for promoting back into tier 19; 1,400 feathers and 14 coins for arena assault rank 34,993.

6,800 feathers, 4 orbs, and 14 coins overall. Nice.

I stayed in 20!  :D:  

Got my regular arena streak finished already.  I like to get it done early... :unsure:

Score: 4894 

Team: Alfonse, Rein +2, Olivia +1, and Hector +1.

I'll work on Arena Assault later.  I usually find it a bit more difficult (in a good way).

FUCK!

I forgot the season was ending and never used my 3 swords for the day which left a 6 win streak unfinished that would have easily been enough to stay in Tier 20. My Arena Assault score was pretty bad too. Like rank #12,xxx

Naturally, I spent some dueling crests and got a score of 4934 which is currently good for rank #3 in Tier 19. Kinda feels good having it out of the way so early. No more procrastination for me.

I spent six or seven crests to get deathless because of toxic teams like Horse Emblem plus dancer on tiny maps, or just facing teams on the breakable walls maps. I still couldn't get a high score though because I had no real bonus unit. 4,766 is probably not enough to get back into tier 20 :/

Season 29 (1.3.0 S15) Results:

Score: 4,830
Defense: 582

dJAxukW.png

Similar team to what I've used in the past, but I wanted to play around with Guidance.  I found it to be a bit more situational than I would have liked, and the team overall was more unreliable than I was anticipating.  Hit and Run was mostly so that Tana could be annoying on defense, coupling that with Guidance for mini WoM shenanigans. 

Arena Assault:

q1rFIra.png

Rank 2,210

Season 29 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

l6Tq6YL.png

Probably the first time I've even encountered Lukas in the arena.  People say he's like an armor with two move, but lack of access to Wary Fighter makes him a lot less threatening imo

Arena was surprisingly barren this week...

Previous Season Results:

I never got my defense wins (currently 2) so fast being in tier 19. My defense team is Olivia (4* +1, Ruby+, WoM2), Amelia (luna), 2x Hector (Vantage, bonfire).

Thanks for the suggestion, @XRay. Otherwise I would have used second Hector as DC fodder. I guess I will also give Vantage to Amelia, lacking other ideas for her B-skill. 

Still need to push my Points somehow, I know it's possible to remain in Tier 20 for me if I make some changes, but I wasted to much into Horse Emblem in the earlier game.

In Arena assault the same Thing. I'm under rank 5k and I know it's possible to be under rank 1k.

I think about investing for QR3 for Sheena, but I don't know if it's worth. Or better how much more points I would get if I compare QR2 and QR3 or if there is another method.
Hopefully they will release a new red and blue General in the future, I waited with Zephiel, because of the black Knight. But this could take a while until he will be released.

If I should get a Res/Atk + and spe- Gwendolyn I would also invest in her. With Berkut's Lance and fortify General support she should be pretty nice.

My defense Team is Sheena +1,Cecilia +1,Tana and Delthea. And it works...

Done with AA now too.  :^_^:  I lucked out big time and got a perfect run on my first attempt.  

Arena: 4894 - Rank 732 in Tier 20.  Should be enough to stay.

Arena Assault: 4876 - Rank 693.  Should be enough to stay in the top 5000.

3 defense wins so far.  Highest is 586.

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

I think about investing for QR3 for Sheena, but I don't know if it's worth. Or better how much more points I would get if I compare QR2 and QR3 or if there is another method.

Quick Riposte 2 to 3 is worth just a little over half of a merge. If you need to invest feathers to get it, then you might as well put the 20k into increasing your merges, since you'll get a bit more bang for your buck.

Also, completed a streak. Was kinda holding out a bit looking for a free merge pulling off of the blade banner, but as usual, the game refuses to give me focus Nino. Got a 4*, though and had anticipated the possibility of a 3* by holding 22k in reserve, so I guess it's still a saving. Anyhow, I'll take what I can get. I did get somewhat impatient with my income right before that, though, and blew 40k merging the Nowis I have. Seriously, the game gave me enough 4* Nowi to +10 her—I just need the feathers now.

Tier 20 score of 4952 (no surrenders; no deaths; Nowi +7, Eirika 5*, Alfonse 5*, Nino +6 for 3 matches, then +7 for 4 matches; 708, 702, 704, 712, 710, 712, 704):

• Aug 23, 11:30AM PT - #453 (/3009 to stay)

Looking more than solid here. The rest of the week's gonna be practice. Three more merges didn't really change much other than allowing me some crazy incidental point values (712 a couple times!). Rein's very much still around at +8 to +10.

Got a single defense win on the first night for 582. I've yet to do a serious Arena Assault (just been doing the item-grind trick to quickly fill out the quests).

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Score of 5058 (T20) is currently rank 139.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

LoUXfQP.png

Highest Def score is 590 (out of 7). Things got a lot easier once I opened my eyes and noticed all the Askr units all either had at least 43 HP or could get to that level with the HP +3 seal. I had been running RecAid on Celica, and was planning to stick Rally Def/Res on the Askrans (Askrians? Askrs? Askri? Askrwrsawsrsrlf?), but that split Nino's buffs between 3 units, which sucked. Moving Rally Def/Res to Celica stops her from getting the buff herself, but with Distant Def she doesn't need it, and now I have the whole Wings/RecAid number going, which is always entertaining.

Edited by LordFrigid

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi thanks for answer, in that case I rather merge every Sheena I get in the future into her, maybe I should wait until I know what the Sacred Coins are about, but I find the Seal Theorie the most fitting one.

I'm so glad with Sheena and don't regret giving Hektor to her. 

I'm now at 4850 points with my team in Tier 20, with much patience and no mess ups I could take it to 4890 points.

I seriously need to finish the grind for my 5* Luke, Tobin and Clive to take on Arena Assault. As it is right now I can only get up to 4 deathless battles before I run out of usable units.

On normal Arena I haven't started my run yet but I'm not too worried, I just need to hit 4k for feathers and go back to tier 19. Luckily I already got my defense win of the week (from someone named Ike using Marth as his main...odd) so everything's good on that end.

Last week was a really bad Arena week for me. I never managed a deathless run, and I didn't even bother trying with Assault. It wasn't really a big deal. It just knocked me down to tier 19 again. But this week, there's a little pressure to get back into tier 20. I've tried a few different team compositions, and oddly enough, the one that works best is Alfonse, Azura+2, Nino+1, and Reinhardt+1. The score isn't nearly as high without Amelia on my team, but I haven't been able to get the hang of running two green armors.

However, I did manage a perfect Assault run this week with a score of 4850. This mode really forces me to build my characters better. I have plenty of characters leveled...I just haven't bothered getting them any skills.

Is this the right place for arena assault tips? I know I have the units, I just cant get a nice (let alone deathless) streak.

If i start with my main Arena team I always mess up with the others. if I start with a team im not used to the same thing happens.

1 hour ago, Chelone said:

Is this the right place for arena assault tips? I know I have the units, I just cant get a nice (let alone deathless) streak.

If i start with my main Arena team I always mess up with the others. if I start with a team im not used to the same thing happens.

Try this topic: 

I also had to try out some team compositions. Accidentally I tried my TT/SP-Grind team of Celica, Amelia, Hector and Cordelia. Because of the armors, the score was acceptable, but it was also a competitive composition I was used to.

Depending on your starting score, it could happen that you find a lot of armors in the opposing teams (as in high tier arena), or many Reinhardts with just a bit lower score. Try to build some cheap specific counters. 

4759 is I believe the highest I ever had which will get me to tier 19. I usually simply try to get a 7 win streak, not a deathless one.

There's no way I will ever make it to tier 20 though and I totally expect to drop to 18 again next week. My f2p team's strenght does not belong in those SI optimized higher tiers.

23 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

4759 is I believe the highest I ever had which will get me to tier 19. I usually simply try to get a 7 win streak, not a deathless one.

There's no way I will ever make it to tier 20 though and I totally expect to drop to 18 again next week. My f2p team's strenght does not belong in those SI optimized higher tiers.

I'm f2p and I've been bouncing between 19 and 20 for a long time. The threshold for that seems to be about 4800 points, which isn't too hard to reach with a deathless run. Takes a decent amount of SI, but mine is a ways away from the optimal, really expensive stuff.