Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Legion! said:

Laslow-whalses? Makes Legion happy! Uwe hee hee!

@Infinite Dreams

:wub:  Wowza, what a beautiful team.  I'm working on my Laslow now that I have done most of my desired 5* promotions.  He's at +3 now.

---

Finally got my deathless AA streak.  Took me long enough... There were many failed attempts.  :unsure:  I had a really tough time this week.  700+ seems to be when the teams start getting really annoying (mostly highly-merged horse emblem hell).  I had to lower the points of my first match a bit to do a successful run.

Defense wins are piling in this week for some reason.  I'm definitely somewhere over the 20-win mark already and there's still a few days left.

Current Results:

Arena: 4920 - Rank 2026 in Tier 20

Defense: 590

Arena Assault: 4894 - Rank 1036

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Wow, you've got those defense wins figured out, huh?

What is your defense team?

Screenshot_20170908-121459.thumb.png.92ca8e70c1efd42a241849b6bd01d289.png

(hero of the season) Ike Fury 3 QR 3 Hone atack moonbow, seal speed + 1, Nino, Fury 3 Despeartion 3, Hone atack 3 moonbow, quickened pulse,  Azura Fury 3 ( gona chage DC) WOM3, hone speed 3 moonbow seal hone res (2). 

Edited by ignis_z

My highest score ever:

AHFbjlj.jpg

Replacing Vantage with QR2 on Xander was a right decision, it seems. All four horses also run Reposition. My enemies’s scores are mostly 684 (those I skipped mercilessly), 686, and 690, with a veeery occasional 692.

Horsing around sure is much fun.

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

My highest score ever:

AHFbjlj.jpg

Replacing Vantage with QR2 on Xander was a right decision, it seems. All four horses also run Reposition. My enemies’s scores are mostly 684 (those I skipped mercilessly), 686, and 690, with a veeery occasional 692.

Horsing around sure is much fun.

Yay, congrats!  :):  Is it your first time breaking the 4800+ mark?  Tier 20 awaits you!

10 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Screenshot_20170908-121459.thumb.png.92ca8e70c1efd42a241849b6bd01d289.png

(hero of the season) Ike Fury 3 QR 3 Hone atack moonbow, seal speed + 1, Nino, Fury 3 Despeartion 3, Hone atack 3 moonbow, quickened pulse,  Azura Fury 3 ( gona chage DC) WOM3, hone speed 3 moonbow seal hone res (2). 

Glad to see the defense wins are piling in for you now!  :^_^:

My arena assault run this week was absurd. 5 of the 7 matches had a Hector! I was worried I wouldn't have enough counters for him, though, honestly, even non-boss Tempest Hectors are more of a pain to beat down.

So my second account that was having trouble with Defense wins finally has 3 wins!

2 more were added to my 1st one after switching to the unholy trio of 2 Reinhardts + an Olwen, with Brave Ike as bait. 1 Reinhardt and the Olwen don't have skills, while the other Reinhardt is +1 and has a Speed boon.

Maybe I should have the Olwen/Reinhardt learn their respective Ward/Goad skills...

Edited by mcsilas

I got my first defense win this week with my regular D team on Friday. Then I changed teams to not get everyone too used to it and to try out new things. After two days I got a defense win with my team for Tempest trials (Ursula, Ninian, Brave Roy, masked Marth), which surprised me a little. 

Found a good scoring tier in AA by choosing Intermediate at the cost of 10-20 points over advanced. Matches me with mostly infantry teams with extremely low SI. Very easy to counterpick and occasionally use 4 stars and healers. No deaths. Definitely scored higher than previous attempts where I chose all advanced and had multiple deaths.

For the first time in forever (the last time I changed it, the new arena format wasn't even out yet) I'm finally changing my arena team...slightly. RNG has blessed me with 4 Erikas in the last month (when I had previously had 0). So I feathered all 4 of them to 5* and now plan to switch Ephraim out. I've been bouncing between tier 19/20 for a long time. This week is testing since I'm in tier 19. Eirika's merges mean that my team now scores 692~700. I'm hoping that this will be enough to keep me in tier 20 next week. 

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

For the first time in forever (the last time I changed it, the new arena format wasn't even out yet) I'm finally changing my arena team...slightly. RNG has blessed me with 4 Erikas in the last month (when I had previously had 0). So I feathered all 4 of them to 5* and now plan to switch Ephraim out. I've been bouncing between tier 19/20 for a long time. This week is testing since I'm in tier 19. Eirika's merges mean that my team now scores 692~700. I'm hoping that this will be enough to keep me in tier 20 next week. 

My information is a little dated at this point, but you'll want every match to be 698+ to hit the rough threshold of staying. All 700 is more preferable, as 4900 is more or less guaranteed, but it's kind of unreasonable to expect that without burning a lot of Crests.

22 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

My information is a little dated at this point, but you'll want every match to be 698+ to hit the rough threshold of staying. All 700 is more preferable, as 4900 is more or less guaranteed, but it's kind of unreasonable to expect that without burning a lot of Crests.

Well that blows. My hopes dashed before the season began. I guess I need more merges still. Having a total of +7 merges still doesn't cross the threshold. I guess I might need to let go of my Ryoma+1 for something a bit more summonable. Maybe a Nowi since she has a pretty high BST. Time to start accumulating feathers again so I can promote and build her. I'll be ready and try my luck next month. 

Edited by Kiran

22 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Well that blows. My hopes dashed before the season began. I guess I need more merges still. Having a total of +7 merges still doesn't cross the threshold. I guess I might need to let go of my Ryoma+1 for something a bit more summonable. Maybe a Nowi since she has a pretty high BST. Time to start accumulating feathers again so I can promote and build her. I'll be ready and try my luck next month. 

Well, 698 is still technically well within in your range and getting that a lot is a lot less unreasonable than 700.

You also don't necessarily need more merges if you want to pad your score. Are you making sure to use the ability seals? It seems like they boost your score by their equivalent amount which means if you can use stuff like Quickened Pulse or Spur Def 1 over Spd +1 or Atk +1, you can edge in a bit of extra value. Also, if you can get away with it on anyone, replace their Special with an AoE (I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't have Aether or Galeforce fodder). Make sure you also have the level 3s and if you're capped on those, if you've got available abilities with a 240 SP cost for level 3 and you can afford to replace the ability, throw that in, too.

Also, also, you can hold onto Ryoma if you think your other two core members can easily be merged up. My Eirika is currently still +0, but my score is held together by Nowi being +8 and Nino being +7. Note that this is really overkill, though, as I was able to comfortably stay in Tier 20 around 4 merges ago (I'm pretty much still merging because I really like Nino and to keep up in Arena Assault).

That said, I can't recommend TA Nowi enough.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Well, 698 is still technically well within in your range and getting that a lot is a lot less unreasonable than 700.

You also don't necessarily need more merges if you want to pad your score. Are you making sure to use the ability seals? It seems like they boost your score by their equivalent amount which means if you can use stuff like Quickened Pulse or Spur Def 1 over Spd +1 or Atk +1, you can edge in a bit of extra value. Also, if you can get away with it on anyone, replace their Special with an AoE (I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't have Aether or Galeforce fodder). Make sure you also have the level 3s and if you're capped on those, if you've got available abilities with a 240 SP cost for level 3 and you can afford to replace the ability, throw that in, too.

Also, also, you can hold onto Ryoma if you think your other two core members can easily be merged up. My Eirika is currently still +0, but my score is held together by Nowi being +8 and Nino being +7. Note that this is really overkill, though, as I was able to comfortably stay in Tier 20 around 4 merges ago (I'm pretty much still merging because I really like Nino and to keep up in Arena Assault).

That said, I can't recommend TA Nowi enough.

The problem is I've pretty much padded as much as I could. Besides switching out Eirika's Drag Back and Sharena's Speed+3 for higher sp skills I can't pad much more. Nino already has an AOE and everyone has seals equipped too. So merging is the only way I can boost my score at this point. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I got my first defense win this week with my regular D team on Friday. Then I changed teams to not get everyone too used to it and to try out new things. After two days I got a defense win with my team for Tempest trials (Ursula, Ninian, Brave Roy, masked Marth), which surprised me a little. 

i lost count of my Defense wins since i changed my Team around. Everyday at least 5 Defense wins.

Team consists of:

Brave Ike +ATK -RES: Urvan, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Beorcs Blessing, and Infantery Pulse 3 for his C slot, Quickened Pulse Seal
Sonya +ATK -DEF: Dark Excalibur, Reposition, Moonbow, Distand Def 3, G Tome Breaker 3, Atk Smoke 3, Distant Def Seal (changed this from Atk ploy)
Tana +SPD - HP: Firesweep Lance +, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow, Life and Death 3, Hit and Run, Guidance 3, +1 SPD Seal
Ninian +HP -Atk: Lighning Breath +, Dance, Luna, Triangel Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Infantery Pulse 3, +3HP Seal

I think the combination of Randomness from Tana and Ninian, coupled with the fact that Sonya has her Special Ready to one shot basicly almost everyone makes it tough to deal with, together with the fact that Ike will retalliate with Bonfire after being attack instantly. Dont know, this is my Standart Team i fight in the Arena but also my Defense Team.

32 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

What happened to the tier 19>20 cutoff? 4800 used to be a guaranteed tier up but now I'm projected to drop to 18? The fuck? Is it because everyone has a free 5* bonus unit this season?

With a score of 4824 I'm still 6452th and hopefully going to tier 20 for the first time. 24 points makes a 3000 difference in ranking? Seems everybody had the same assumption as you. 

With my previous score of 4812 I was hanging too low above the threshold, so I went and spent some crests:

XAuGvun.jpg

Jumped from ≈#9350 to #6075 with the threshold of 9403. Hopefully I still can get into tier 20 for the first time!

One 694, two 690, else 688 teams. 690 are usually Armour Emblem that are easily riddable of by my horses. 684 and 686 teams I skipped mercilessly because come on.

Edited by Vaximillian

God, Lyn is a pain to deal with. I had to resort to some janky-ass Drive Def team to deal with her. I still have no box space to start whaling on the CYL banner, so I'm doing what I can with a Lyn of my own as a bonus unit.

+0 CYL Lyn [=] (Mulagir, Dragon Gaze, Swift Sparrow 2, Sacae's Blessing)
+10 Mystery Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, HP +3)
+10 Effie [+Atk, -Spd] (Heavy Spear+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Drive Def 2, Phantom Spd 1)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Spd +1)

Tier 20

Score: 5,007 (1 death)
Defense: 0

Been too lazy to put up a real defense team (too much going on this week between work, helping people move, and FGO). Plopped Lyn there as my bonus unit to see if I can get a win in the few hours remaining.

Next week I'm going in with a full CYL team. I swear.

Competition seems to be tougher this week.  I heard 4890 fell out of the cutoff to stay in Tier 20 like 24 hours ago.  I wonder if the cutoff will be higher than 4900 this week?  Rooough.  

---

I upped my score a bit with the daily swords. 

Team: Brave Ike +1, Olivia +2, Reinhardt +3, and Laslow +3.

Arena: 4930 - Rank 2418/3879 to stay in Tier 20.

Defense: 590

Arena Assault: 4894 - Rank 1634