Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got out of a pretty intense match against an all-bow team on that mountain map...thank goodness for Wings of Mercy.

In case anyone cares...

Spoiler

Turn 3 positions: I had tried to see if I could use Tana to bait them to the lower left corner, but no dice.

Spoiler

9qjEwum.jpg

The 4th member was Brave Bow Leon, who had gotten one-shot by Celica the turn previous. Celica then got Drawn Back by Julia.

First, Celica needs full HP to double Lyn, so Sharena goes for the RecAid:

Spoiler

QQw8Eev.jpg

Celica does the things:

Spoiler

1MHNAXN.jpg

And Sharena is low enough after RecAid for Tana to WoM in to take out Niles:

Spoiler

8q59xOX.jpg

Finally, Julia draws Sharena back. Tana has enough Def to survive with the tile.

Spoiler

82mY0vn.jpg

10/10 would fight again, that was really fun. I was staring at those T3 positions for a solid 5 minutes =P .

I am not, however, looking forward to 4-Brave Bow team. I'm sure that's probably floating around...somewhere...waiting to ruin my day.

Edited by LordFrigid

13 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Arena Assault is infuriating. On top of enduring shitty maps (like the one with two vertical walls), I only have so many counters to Reinhardt and Bow Lyn. Not to mention WoM dancers.

What's even more infuriating is when you spend a bunch of time pulling for and training up Reinhardt counters and then you stop seeing Reinhardt altogether. Like, my team is so good at dealing with him that I actually want to see him as the enemies team leader.

Bridelia and Bow Lyns are my new problem enemies. Luckily I have 3 units capable of dealing with them well. TA3 Cecilia is on my to do list.

Firesweep bows are my least favorite thing to see.

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I remember when i used to dread this Arena map rotation

59b7992f08afd_2017-09-1215_21_05.thumb.png.5b037ec8665d5cc904ded9510f5aabce.png

This is what happened when you breed a Male Eliwood with a Female Ninian with perfect IV and a non crippling nature

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove 

This is the apocahorse

1 hour ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Arena Assault is infuriating. 

I just do my Beginner 7-streak on Tuesday and call it a week, never coming back to the mode. It’s too boring and tedious for me.

55 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Am I blind or was AA suppose to get defense this week? Can't find the function anywhere :/

Aren’t they supposed to be included in the regular arena’s defence roll?

This time I'm trying an effort to get into tier 20. I have a lot of Dueling Crest so it is possible, the problem is that finding good match-up is difficult. Too many leads are part of a horse team which I skip.

Somehow I got 2 wins on my defensive team. This time I have Sharena, A Tiki, Anna, and Brave Lyn.

Does anyone know the average to break into tier 20?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I just hit a score of 4820 with my first try. Any idea if i'm far away from staying in tier 20 with that score? 

~4840 should be possible for me, but i won't try if it doesn't suffice anyway. 

On a normal week, you're about 70 points too short. With Brave units inflating things, it's probably closer to 80.

20 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This time I'm trying an effort to get into tier 20. I have a lot of Dueling Crest so it is possible, the problem is that finding good match-up is difficult. Too many leads are part of a horse team which I skip.

Somehow I got 2 wins on my defensive team. This time I have Sharena, A Tiki, Anna, and Brave Lyn.

Does anyone know the average to break into tier 20?

I think last week had people getting in with roughly 4810.

Already done both of my runs.  

Arena: 4946.  New record!  I didn't have to fish either.  :):  Currently rank 665 in Tier 20.

Team: Laslow +4, Reinhardt +3, Olivia +2, and Brave Ike +1.

Defense: 592 - 7 wins already!  (Team is almost the same as above, except it's Hector instead of Laslow cause I doubt the AI can properly use a low-speed infantry Brave Sword user.)

Arena Assault: 4864.  Currently rank 828.  I lowered my AA points to the 690s so I could get an easy deathless run.  I won't try to get a higher score unless I'm at risk of falling out of the top 5k.  I don't feel like playing against Horse Emblem on steroids in Arena Assault.  The 690s seem to have a lot less of that BS. ;):

Seeing more and more bow Lyns with Cancel Affinity... Ew.  (Although, her default skill is pretty annoying too.)

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Spent some crests to get my Arena run done early and got my highest score to date in the Arena and AA.
For Arena went with my core team of Xander, Olwen, Cecilia with Brave Lyn and swept through with ease for a score 4826.
AA took like 4 tries for a deathless run because the amount of Brave Lyn and Reinhardt is disgusting but what can you do? Anyway, led with a team of Masked Marth, Nowi, Minerva and Valter and ended up with a score of 4832

Edited by Symphonica

For some reason every week I might have a chance at finally entering Tier 20 it's the worst possible maps.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago I JUST didnt make it to tier 20 this time I have some hopes.

Brave Ike, Brave Lyn, Reinhardt and Azura  with a score of 4830

4 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

On a normal week, you're about 70 points too short. With Brave units inflating things, it's probably closer to 80.

[...]

Ah okay, thanks. No point in trying yet for me. I would need higher BST units, more merges and more expensive skills. I'm currently investing my feathers in other projects. 

9 hours ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Arena Assault is infuriating. On top of enduring shitty maps (like the one with two vertical walls), I only have so many counters to Reinhardt and Bow Lyn. Not to mention WoM dancers.

Yeah, I've been trying to build up a bunch of Raven users to counter Lyn,  I swear every single match I had at least CYLyn or Reinhardt, often both.  I used my Raven Soren, Robin, and Sophia all by the third map, leaving me to try to win other teams.  I went deathless until the 6th map or so.  After that I was a bit annoyed and made some dumb mistakes that made me lose two units on the last map.  My score this week isn't great, but I guess it's a starting point.

I've got one Defense Win in Arena this week.  I'm not sure if both Arena Assault and regular Arena are shown here, or Assault is supposed to get its own section.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got one Defense Win in Arena this week.  I'm not sure if both Arena Assault and regular Arena are shown here, or Assault is supposed to get its own section.

My best guess is that defense wins from Arena Assault will now count for feathers - previously, defense wins for feathers only came from normal Arena based on the fact that Arena Assault defense wins are to count for feathers on 9/12/2017 and that there is no separate best defense score in the Assault interface.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

My best guess is that defense wins from Arena Assault will now count for feathers - previously, defense wins for feathers only came from normal Arena based on the fact that Arena Assault defense wins are to count for feathers on 9/12/2017 and that there is no separate best defense score in the Assault interface.

So you're saying they're just lumped in with our old Defense Wins if I'm reading you correctly.

I did it! I managed to go past 5,000 points. I used about over a dozen dueling crests. With BH!Lyn as a Bonus Unit, I was able to ignore color balance and brought my highest merged nukes. BH!Lyn and Dancers/Singer gave me the most problems, but fishing helped reduce their appearance quite a bit.

Spoiler

p1SnebK.png

8 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I am surprised you haven't found many Cancel Affinity Brave Lyns yet.

Those are actually a lot easier to handle for me.  If I see that on her, I can field any of my high Def DC units.  CYLyn's default set is actually the one hardest for me to counter.  If she's got Brave Bow, I can nuke her with blade tomes; if she's got CA, Xander, Hector, Ike, or Camus make quick work of her.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@Motendra, is your defence team Alm, Celica, Ephraim and Brave Ike? I just challenged it to a long, turtley battle I did win deathless on the defence tile/breakable row map.

Tana's flying and Wings of Mercy is awesome.

Huh how does that combo work

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Huh how does that combo work

Tana eventually wound up hiding on a corner mountain to get Celica and Ephraim away while Olivia dealt with Brave Ike, and then teleporting back to the main group once I needed Ephraim over by Fae.

Almost all teams got Lyn. I am beginning to think that this free unit gift wasnt such a good idea after all. Wonder if I should give bowbreaker to lyn or better invest in my Cecilia and give her bowbreaker as she is good against colorless - but I am afraid I will get less points in arena since Cecilia BST is relatively low

Gave Ryoma an AOE to boost my score. While still not good enough to stay in tier 20, I did get a new high score of 4880! Better then my old high score by a good 20+ points! Bow Lyn is probably the most annoying unit to deal with, so much so that I even passed on one team that had her as a leader for the 7th battle. It would have sucked to get so far and have my streak broken on the last match...