Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

@Motendra, is your defence team Alm, Celica, Ephraim and Brave Ike? I just challenged it to a long, turtley battle I did win deathless on the defence tile/breakable row map.

Tana's flying and Wings of Mercy is awesome.

Well then.... This may be the first someone's ever gotten my team in arena. And apparently my first (somewhat successful defense team (i just checked now and got 2 defense wins! got eeeem!)

If anything, I'm impressed that you recognized it to be me

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Gave Ryoma an AOE to boost my score. While still not good enough to stay in tier 20, I did get a new high score of 4880! Better then my old high score by a good 20+ points! Bow Lyn is probably the most annoying unit to deal with, so much so that I even passed on one team that had her as a leader for the 7th battle. It would have sucked to get so far and have my streak broken on the last match...

Giving him an aoe boosted your score by 20 points? Btw, Congratz on that new high score. I'm only at around 4830 something always switching between 19 and 20, wanting to work my way up to staying in 20. If 4880 is not enough to stay, how much is? 

1 hour ago, Solunar said:

Giving him an aoe boosted your score by 20 points? Btw, Congratz on that new high score. I'm only at around 4830 something always switching between 19 and 20, wanting to work my way up to staying in 20. If 4880 is not enough to stay, how much is? 

Around 4900, I think.

3 hours ago, Solunar said:

This is the first week I'm using Eirika too. So 3 merges + AoE is about 25ish points. 

Edited by Kiran

8 hours ago, Solunar said:

Giving him an aoe boosted your score by 20 points?

AoE skills cost more SP than the more practical skills like Ignis, Glacies and Dragon Fang so they increase the scores by a little bit. Everyone I use in the arena has inherited an AoE skill if they don't already come with Aether or Galeforce. Upgrading all four characters to AoE skills should increase the average score per fight by about 4-6.

6 hours ago, Solunar said:

Does Fury help increase arena offense score? And also does the rating sort show you which units will net you the highest score? Or is it not that simple. 4830 to 4900 seems like such a long way to go. 

Fury's only affect on the score comes from it's 200 SP cost. Only a characters true base stats affect the score and it is extremely minor now.  Rarity, Level, Merges, and SP cost of skills are the big things now, and with Rarity and Level being simple to "max out" (5* - LV40) the only things left to improve on are adding merges or adding more expensive skills.

As far as countering Brave Lyns goes, her B-skill doesn't affect dragon's Lightning Breath, so the Bowbreaker 3 I slapped on my Nowi after Bridelia became common has been working great to counter Brave Lyns as well. Have to be careful though because Brave Lyn has pretty good Res and can survive the double attack with the right B/B or enough merges.

It looks like the Tier 20 Arena competitiveness has gone up and not down.  I got a score of 4860 which is close to, if not a personal high for me, and the rank is 2333 with the cutoff being 3631.  Normally, I've always skirted the cut-off before inevitably being pushed out during the weekend.  It looks like that might happen earlier than usual this week.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like the Tier 20 Arena competitiveness has gone up and not down.  I got a score of 4860 which is close to, if not a personal high for me, and the rank is 2333 with the cutoff being 3631.  Normally, I've always skirted the cut-off before inevitably being pushed out during the weekend.  It looks like that might happen earlier than usual this week.

Well yeah, the longer we play the more competitive it will get. Between late joining whales just getting there for the first time and others who slowly gain higher and higher merge levels over time, it is only going to grow and peoples scores will be going up as well.

Speaking of growing, I noticed that all of the top players in AA have a score of 5194. The old high score was 5180. What changed to allow it to go higher?

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Speaking of growing, I noticed that all of the top players in AA have a score of 5194. The old high score was 5180. What changed to allow it to go higher?

The highest point teams are now worth 742 instead of 740. They're mostly green armors and Brave Ike. Also, only a couple have even one Cancel Affinity, so you can actually deploy TA Tiki (Dragon Scion or Naga's Voice) against a bunch of them and just turn on auto.

Edited by LordFrigid

I'm really tempted to give my Sophia the 5* treatment.  Watching her take like 3 HP damage from CYLyn is so wonderful.  I'm holding out for a -Spd+Def, or even +Atk-Spd.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm really tempted to give my Sophia the 5* treatment.  Watching her take like 3 HP damage from CYLyn is so wonderful.  I'm holding out for a -Spd+Def, or even +Atk-Spd.

Meanwhile, I have two +Atk -Spds, and I'd rather 4* merge the ones I have.

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Meanwhile, I have two +Atk -Spds, and I'd rather 4* merge the ones I have.

She is godly against CYLyn.  Even without a defense tile, she takes almost no damage.

Mine has TA3, Bowbreaker 3, and Rawraven (not +).

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

She is godly against CYLyn.  Even without a defense tile, she takes almost no damage.

I'll have plenty of raven users on my toolbelt... four, I suppose (the Robins, Boey and Sophia). Halfway to a Bow Lyn counter on all seven AA maps!

(The 5* Henry I made to feed Sophia the Raven tome was -Atk, as most of my Henries are, so stuff him. I'd prefer something that could theoretically damage an Emerald Axe user.)

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'll have plenty of raven users on my toolbelt... four, I suppose (the Robins, Boey and Sophia). Halfway to a Bow Lyn counter on all seven AA maps!

(The 5* Henry I made to feed Sophia the Raven tome was -Atk, as most of my Henries are, so stuff him. I'd prefer something that could theoretically damage an Emerald Axe user.)

Henry's Atk is beyond saving to be honest.  He relies too much on his Special to be able to kill anything.  Sophia has everything Henry has, but does it better.  She has less Speed, but both their speeds are so low that you might as well drop it as far as you can to maximize your other stats.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do it. I recently caved in and did it and I do not regret it for one second. The TA3 Raven build is super fun, and she is the absolute best at it.

I pulled a 5* way back, I think during the mage VG, and I was really interested in getting some use out of her but she was like +Res -Hp or something not ideal like that. But I hoarded 4*  and 3* versions of her until I realized I had three with -Spd, one +Atk one +Def and one +HP.

I went with the +Def one and she can tank the Lunatic 7 Hector in the current TT really well. I'm thinking about switching her to the +Atk one though. I'm really not sure which is best. Either way having +2 merges gives her +1 to everything but Spd which is obviously ideal for her.

Still holding off on giving her QR3. 60,000 feathers (80,000 with the +2) is a little too much investment at this point for me. I will do it eventually though.

Definitely hold out for that -Spd one though, unless you are willing to 5* a 2nd one once you get it.

46 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn’t you give him a ridersbane though? I thought you did.

Nah Brave Lance

Because theres only one unit who have Ridersbane and i actually like that unit enough as a character that i'd raise out of favoritism. And a built in Ridersbane on a horse is yet another Lyn counter

Clive is my go to choice since he's so efficient at this job though. Dude comes with Hit and Run

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

17 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Speaking of growing, I noticed that all of the top players in AA have a score of 5194.

Fuck.

Looks like I'm going to have to max out my Sheena and replace Nowi or Fae on my lead team to pull off a perfect this week since my current lead team still occasionally matches some Tomato's team worth only 738 points.

Sheena just needs Rally Def/Res, Aether, Drive Def 2, and two more merges to cap out. Maybe also a Hammer+ instead of her current Killing Axe+ to definitively kill any stray Effies. So 80,000 feathers if I don't want Hammer+ and 100,000 feathers if I do. I guess it's a good thing I've been aimlessly stocking up.

Mrgrgrr.

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sheena just needs Rally Def/Res, Aether, Drive Def 2, and two more merges to cap out.

"Just"... lol.

That is some major investment for most people.

I just joined the 5k club last week and there is still a whole other level I will most likely never approach.

Hey, what is your Sophia's Boon? I just made her 5* and I went with +Def but I'm thinking of switching her to my +Atk. version -Spd obviously. I also have +Hp but that seems like it is definitely the worse of the three.

Edited by Hawk King

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

"Just"... lol.

I literally have 10+ each of 4-star Rodericks and Chroms just sitting around in case I need those skills.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Hey, what is your Sophia's Boon? I just made her 5* and I went with +Def but I'm thinking of switching her to my +Atk. version -Spd obviously. I also have +Hp but that seems like it is definitely the worse of the three.

+Atk, -Spd.