Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

39 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Jingle Jangle i find Olwen isn't that great with Dire Thunder and Vantage Camus is rendered moot by Brave Lyn. Even then, I think QR is better on him from my experience using both.

Yeah, Olwen doesn't have the strength needed to run Dire Thunder. Hoping that I find one with better ivs to run a blade build. Plus with all the Brave Lyn horsing around makes it harder for people the rely on distant counter.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yeah, Olwen doesn't have the strength needed to run Dire Thunder. Hoping that I find one with better ivs to run a blade build. Plus with all the Brave Lyn horsing around makes it harder for people the rely on distant counter.

Olwen absolutely needs to be +Atk, running Life and Death 3, a 3-cooldown special skill, and Desperation, and have Hone Cavalry buffs to run Dire Thunder. If you're missing any of those, you're going to have a rough time because she'll either miss the quadruple attack or not do enough damage per hit.

But she does fine if you can build her all the way.

2,500 feathers for 4,754 offence points;
   900 feathers for 574 defence points;
2,000 feathers and 4 orbs for demoting into tier 19;
1,400 feathers and 14 coins for assault rank 30,790.

6,800 feathers, 4 orbs, and 14 coins this week. Not too shabby, but could have been better. Why isn’t Nephenee riding a horse?

Season 33 (1.3.0 S18) Results:

Score: 4,812
Defense: 582

R4bNUyp.png

I’m not sure why I never promoted Cecilia before.  She fills the void my cavalry teams have been missing for so long now, finally giving me a character who can bait Reinhardt, as well as the new B!Lyn, and providing more reliable matchups against blue units in general.  I still don’t have an Arena-ready axe cavalry unit, but I’m not worried about that right now.

I was concerned that B!Roy’s -Atk would be really debilitating given his weapon effect, but with horse buffs it hardly mattered.  He could reliably remove Hector and Galeforce to safety.  B!Lyn was given the Speed +1 seal so she could one-round other neutral B!Lyn on initiation without a buff if it came down to that.  It’s a little frustrating just how oppressive she is right now. 

Arena Assault Season 6:

54TKW5q.png

Season 33 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

3Tl9ebt.png

I don’t think I’ll ever not get over the novelty of people giving the seasonal weapons to other characters.  It looks goofy as hell, and I love it.

7mAwLgG.png

Speaking of axe cavalry…

aKR8W8w.png

That 26 Atk is painful to look at.  At least he gets that sweet 30 Ignis damage, 34 if he gets the Rogue Dagger buff.

Sz21I9a.png

He’s missing an assist, but I can always appreciate this kind of effort put in to the Scarlet Swordsman. 

nJOgpoR.png

Thirty Def after LaD combined with that Atk and Spd is actually disgusting.

Previous Season Results:

Edited by DLNarshen

Well... it's been a fun two seasons being able to field a full horse team.  This weeks results are:

• Offense: 4872 (Avg. 696; min: 692, max: 704) [T19 --> T20]
  • Defense: 588 (~20 defenses)

Offense / Defense Team:

• S Eldigan+1 [+Spd / -HP] - (Mystletainn / Repos. / Ignis / Fury 3 / Renewal 3 / Goad Cav / HP+3)
  • Ursula+2 [Neutral] - (Blarowl+ / Drawback / Iceberg / Fury 3 / Renewal 3 / Hone Cav / Distant Def 1)
  • Peri [+Spd / -HP] - (Brave Lance+ / Repos. / Galeforce / Fury 3 / Cancel Affinity 3 / Goad Cav / QP)
  • Brave Lyn+3 [+Spd / -HP] - (Mulagir / Drawback / D.Aura / Swift Sparrow 2 / Sacae's Blessing / Ward Cav / Spur Def 1)

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the playstyle (generally defensive, Goad/Hone/Ward stacking) and performance of this team.

Arena assault seemed to be somewhat more competitive this week.  Scored a 4838 this week which got kicked out of Top 5k last minute (Rank 5003... RIP); last week a score like this would have place around 4.6~4.7k.  Starting team is Roy+3, Masked Marth+1, Fir and Abel; though, Masked Marth was not fully SI'd which lead to large variations in scores per battle.

Total Earnings: 8900 feathers + 19 Sacred Coins + 4 Orbs

I'll try my old infantry team with Kagero or Anna as bonus just to see how they do in the BowLyn meta.  Might have to bring Raigh along.

Edited by ExKalibur

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Never got a defense win, and it's "go back to 19" week, so 1900 less feathers this week.

I wish you could see if your defense team even got matched with anybody. No defense weeks really suck. Even AA supposedly counting defenses couldn't save me.

Same here ... back to 19 and no defense win for the first time in one month. 

Regular arena streak done... 

Spoiler

g81gUvc.png

---

I hate Bow Lyn.  :sob:

Spoiler

VjeSVoB.png

Disgusting.  

I still managed to win that fight.  Rein was only able to 1RKO that Lyn with the help of his support partner, Ike.  Ike had to move forward 1 space to be beside him.  Whew.

I'll tackle Arena Assault tomorrow or the next day. I've had enough Horse Emblem for one night...

If I enter arena assault with 3 armours and one trainee I can raise my score range to the point where I won't have to face B!Lyn every other match, but this presents a whole slew of other problems like taking on +8 merges with unmerged units. I'll have to give this another shot later this week.

Got my safety net regular arena run of 4794. I'm going to try finding higher scoring matches later this week with another team. Why did the damn score cutoff have to go up?

Edited by Korath88

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

If I enter arena assault with 3 armours and one trainee I can raise my score range to the point where I won't have to face B!Lyn every other match, but this presents a whole slew of other problems like taking on +8 merges with unmerged units. I'll have to give this another shot later this week.

Out of curiosity, what point range is that?  I feel like I run into her in almost every fight in the 700-712 range.  Yucky.  :(:  She always tag teams with Reinhardt too.

11 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Out of curiosity, what point range is that?  I feel like I run into her in almost every fight in the 700-712 range.  Yucky.  :(:  She always tag teams with Reinhardt too.

It's around 688-698. I haven't done nearly enough matches to confirm my statement, but I did go 5 matches in a row without a single B!Lyn on one of my attempts. I haven't actually managed to pull off a deathless run at this score range though.

I'm getting better and better at AA with every week. B!Lyn is going on my nerves, depending on the map though it's easy to lure her in a trap just like with Reinhardt. I'm sitting at 4826 now, which is a new high.

Jumping between Tier 19 and 20 in normal Arena is going on my nerves. 

In the long run I could make a +5 Cecilia/Lilina, +3 Nino/Olivia or even a +6 Nowi to improve my score, but I really prefer to use my feathers on GHB units and other optimal IV units. It just feels more convenient for the other challenges the game offers. It's so easy to get a lot of feathers meanwhile but it's still not enough, ugh. Fortunately the next TT is around the corner, so I'll quickly have 40k feathers again but I'm pretty sure I will use them on the next GHB (Arvis pls!!) and/or to merge my BKs.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

It's around 688-698. I haven't done nearly enough matches to confirm my statement, but I did go 5 matches in a row without a single B!Lyn on one of my attempts. I haven't actually managed to pull off a deathless run at this score range though.

Ahh, I see, thanks for your response. :^_^:

Hmm, I do actually like setting my first AA team around the 690s.  (I set my score around there for the last 2 AA seasons because I was failing to get a deathless run with 700+ scores.)  Maybe there are indeed less Bow Lyns in that range for some reason, hehe.

23 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Ahh, I see, thanks for your response. :^_^:

Hmm, I do actually like setting my first AA team around the 690s.  (I set my score around there for the last 2 AA seasons because I was failing to get a deathless run with 700+ scores.)  Maybe there are indeed less Bow Lyns in that range for some reason, hehe.

Yeah, there's not as many, but there still are some teams with her.

There's also a full CYL team at this range but it's not too hard to deal with.

Edit: forgot to mention all the DC units, but I suppose all the high scoring teams are loaded with distant counter.

Edited by Korath88

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Olwen absolutely needs to be +Atk, running Life and Death 3, a 3-cooldown special skill, and Desperation, and have Hone Cavalry buffs to run Dire Thunder. If you're missing any of those, you're going to have a rough time because she'll either miss the quadruple attack or not do enough damage per hit.

But she does fine if you can build her all the way.

I find she can actually forego the special skill as long as the has the others (swapping Desperation for Lancebreaker for me, since Fliers wall her otherwise) and a +1 ATK seal.  The only things she doesn't kill for me that way are things she has no business fighting in the first place.

AA run complete! New personal best of 4,820. I honestly wish I could swap this with my regular arena score lol.

Dancer's veil is basically easy cheese for boat map B!Lyn. I just let Mathilda kill, then use the item to get away.

I honestly wish more people would give their B!Lyns Brave bow as it lets me bait and kill them more easily since Cecilia's fortify bonuses don't get negated (and thus takes 0x2 damage), and my bladetomes can also oneshot her. 

Bike is still an easy KO since I'm drowning in red units. Lancina is surprisingly enough, a non issue and I haven't run into any B!Roys outside of CYL emblem.

Edited by Korath88

Been constantly getting up arena tier ranks since I started seven weeks ago. Reached tier 19 today with 4814 points.

Thought this is the end of the line for me but my hopes have gone up, probably because of my Ike merge.

Whats the bottom line nowadays for tier 20?

Screenshot_2017-09-19-16-15-10.thumb.png.dc375a772f39fe4ff2c1e84ebd74f5aa.png

Got extremely lucky today. Still cant believe it and I definitely wont be able to improve that score.

Edited by Prince Endriu

18 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Thanks. Still cant believe how lucky I was. Getting to tier 19 took so many crests and now its worked on first try for tier 20. Well, still one week to go.

Try staying in Tier 20 its a nightmare x.x, managed to do that for the first time last week

24 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Try staying in Tier 20 its a nightmare x.x, managed to do that for the first time last week

I believe you. Last week was a nightmare for me as well. And thats just tier 18. Think I used up 15 crests during one afternoon. Nothing worked. Called it quits with one win at the end. Gave up thinking I could do it  so many +units suddenly showed up. My ike got killed by a cecilia while he was standing on a defense tile. Didnt see that one coming. That was crazy. Next day I managed 3 deathless with regular dueling swords, so I had 4. Felt motivated and after a crest got my deathless, it was tough. Todays run felt surprisingly easier, maybe because I went in with no expectations. Just wanted to get my 4000points. No really, I am still shocked. Staying in tier 20 wont be possible for me, I wont delude myself. Getting there in 8 (9 seasons ) weeks would be an accomplishment for me though.

just btw  how many points were needed for staying?

Edited by Prince Endriu