Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Its actually quite easy, because usually there is only 1 red color unit in the oposing team and if its not running Triangle Adept it will die. My Team is heavily defensiv based with Rally DEF/RES Inherited from Rodderick, Spur DEF/RES from Mist and of course Azura with her legendary Weapon, also Boey with his Gronnowl. When you clump them alltogether they get hefty amounts of DEF and RES, i mean Boey alone can get with the right setup 20 RES and 20 DEF (and additional 4 DEF and 4 RES from Distant Def Seal) additionally on top of everything else. I mean he sits then on 59 DEF and like 40ish RES, try to beat someone like that down even with a Red unit lol, especially when there is a healer behind backing them up to full health.

The only Red unit i really need to watch out are Royma and Ike, Especially Ryoma, Ike if he is running Triangle Adept, Ryoma is a threat even without Triangle adept. Black Knight could be an issue, but since there is only a limit of +1 merge of Black Knight he isnt an issue for now.

Man that's actually quite impressive especially given that it's not attached to an emblem team. But that would definitely help running a mono colour team with defensive stats like that basically nothing can kill them even with some of the more powerful specials. Though if the black knight had higher merge potential he could be a problem because eclipse (Black Luna) is ridiculous.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Man that's actually quite impressive especially given that it's not attached to an emblem team. But that would definitely help running a mono colour team with defensive stats like that basically nothing can kill them even with some of the more powerful specials. Though if the black knight had higher merge potential he could be a problem because eclipse (Black Luna) is ridiculous.

yeah at times its crazy when i watch Elincia whack away at B!Ike and then getting annihilated on his counter attack Bonfire lol. or when Effy comes at Boye hitting him for 4 damage and he just fires back with is Quick Riposte Bonfire one shoting her for like 60 dmg or so. I allways love encountering Brave Lyn. I just put my Boye in range and let her whack away at him and then he counters lol (altough if its a Firesweep bow Lyn thats a different story).

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

yeah at times its crazy when i watch Elincia whack away at B!Ike and then getting annihilated on his counter attack Bonfire lol. or when Effy comes at Boye hitting him for 4 damage and he just fires back with is Quick Riposte Bonfire one shoting her for like 60 dmg or so. I allways love encountering Brave Lyn. I just put my Boye in range and let her whack away at him and then he counters lol (altough if its a Firesweep bow Lyn thats a different story).

I get a similar result with a raven, triangle adept, bow breaker Cecilia against brave Lyn. But she's specialized for that and there's builds to counter it including the firesweep bow. Thankfully it's locked behind a 5 star but it's still terrifying to see when you do.

2 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

I just pulled off a near deathless run with my first ever Flier Emblem team - lost one unit on two or three maps during the spree.  First time I've gotten a score this high without a bonus character, too!

[...]

But PA!Azura is a bonus unit? 

Those three are also my best melee flyers (plus Cherche), but Tana and Cordelia currently are without flyer buffs. 

Edited by mampfoid
Cherche

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

But PA!Azura is a bonus unit? 

Those three are also my best melee flyers (plus Cherche), but Tana and Cordelia currently are without flyer buffs. 

...Dammit, I totally forgot that...

*headdesk*

...Is it too late to say with any credibility that I managed to tie that score with an archer team and two dancers?  Is that even worth mentioning, given Brave!Lyn carried most of the matches and Rebecca really was just good for helping to take out mages and a couple bulky units with Glacies?

Whatever, I'm showing it anyway.

Units Used

Rebecca

Weapon: Silver Bow+

Support: Ardent Sacrifice

Special: Glacies

A-Slot: Darting Blow 3

B-Slot: Desperation 3

C-Slot: Threaten Def 3

S-Slot: None

PA!Olivia

Weapon: Dancer's Fan +

Support: Dance

Special: Luna

A-Slot: Distant Def 2

B-Slot: Wings of Mercy 1

C-Slot: None

S-Slot: Distant Def 1

Brave Lyn

Weapon: Mulagir

Support: Reposition

Special: Moonbow

A-Slot: Swift Sparrow 2

B-Slot: Sacae's Blessing

C-Slot: Atk Smoke 3

PA!Azura

Weapon: Uror

Support: Sing

Special: Moonbow

A-Slot: Triangle Adept 2

B-Slot: Wings of Mercy 2

C-Slot: Spur Spd 2

Okay, before I attach the image, why does the Max Total Size keep decreasing?!  Last time it was 350kb, now it's at 100kb.  What gives?

Screenshot_2017-10-10-23-43-17.jpg

Edited by Selena4Lyfe
Inserted Image

16 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Okay, before I attach the image, why does the Max Total Size keep decreasing?!  Last time it was 350kb, now it's at 100kb.  What gives?

The Max Total Size applies to all of your images. You'll have to delete old ones to make room for new ones.

That's why I use imgur as a stepping stone.

So I used the Sacred Coins I had earned to to get myself Deflect Magic 3. I. Freaking. Love. It. My -RES Merric is meant to handle Brave Lyn since he has Bowbreaker. Because he's pretty bulky, he tanks her attacks really well. But on my team, he's also my Reinhardt solution. Before he could at least kill him if he got to him first. But now he can bait him. Reinhardt can't kill him even if he gets a special in. I tried a few times last night to get a deathless run, but no such luck yet. (Even if I did get pretty close.)

I think using Deflect Magic 3 brought up my team's BST a bit. Now I'm facing teams that are between 700 and 710. (I think there was even a 712.) This may be the season that I get to stay in tier 20. I'm going to try my absolute best!

I think I should have enough sacred coins to level up another seal when our Voting Gauntlet quests come back.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

The Max Total Size applies to all of your images. You'll have to delete old ones to make room for new ones.

That's why I use imgur as a stepping stone.

You know how to delete them?

2 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

...Dammit, I totally forgot that...

*headdesk*

...Is it too late to say with any credibility that I managed to tie that score with an archer team and two dancers?  Is that even worth mentioning, given Brave!Lyn carried most of the matches and Rebecca really was just good for helping to take out mages and a couple bulky units with Glacies?

[...]

Nice, how did it go against armor teams? I guess a lot of hit and run with the help of the dancers. 

Argh.  I finally got a deathless arena run.  Once again, it took me like, 15 crests or so.  The scoring range I'm in now is seriously tough.  :>_<:  

I got a new high score, though.  Dunno if it was worth the pain or not, eheh... Next week my team will be quite different & I'll be back to using one of the Askr dudes as my bonus unit, so my scores will definitely be lower (and the fights hopefully easier again, frick!).

Spoiler

iOK9wUbh.png

Team: Laslow +5, Reinhardt +5, Inigo +4, and Brave Ike +3.

I think I'll start taking snapshots of interesting/entertaining things I run into.  :^_^:  Here's a couple pics:

Spoiler

tARjDFVh.png

Decked out Gunter, Stahl, and Peri!  I don't see that too often.  Luckily, this team was an easy peasy win.  No dancer!  Anyway, I liked that it was kinda different (except the Rein, ahah).  :):

Spoiler

PzPQyvSh.png

Talk about a tanky Reinhardt, check out that defense stat.  :lol:

Arena: 4984 - Currently rank 766/4176 to stay in 20.

Defense: 590

Arena Assault: 4954 - Currently rank 836.

Also, I have a defense win from someone named "FUCKHORSES".  :XD:  

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice, how did it go against armor teams? I guess a lot of hit and run with the help of the dancers. 

Pretty much.  Only thing is every armoured unit I ran into was a goddamned Hector, so I couldn't bring Rebecca into those fights - would get ORKO'd during the attack.  Had to rely on Lyn for those.

With the addition of upgraded seals (2 third tier and 1 second tier is the current maximum), the current maximum score is 744 per match for a total of 5,208 as of the most recent set of Sacred Coins from the Voting Gauntlet.

Seems my current Arena Assault lead team (running maximum seals: Panic Ploy 3, Atk Ploy 3, Distant Def 2, and Hardy Bearing 1) has zero trouble getting seven 744's in a row.

I DID IT. 

After practicing last week, and a few failed runs this week., I managed to SHATTER my original record. My new high score is 4922. That puts me at rank 2697/4365 in tier 20. It's my first time breaking 4900. And it feels GOOD. Merric is easily the best choice I've ever made. With Deflect Magic, he trivializes Reinhardt even with -RES. He just needs support from PA!Azura. Of course being on a defense tile helps. I gave him Bowbreaker, so he can usually handle Brave Lyn. His bulk is lovely. I was really nervous on my last match because it was a Horse Emblem team with Brave Roy, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, and PA!Azura. It was on the lava map though, and I could use the defense tiles to my advantage. :3 Now I can casually play and see if this score keeps me in tier 20. If not, guess I'll just have to try harder in the future.

Current Team

Merric+5 (+SPD -RES) - Excalibur, Reposition, Growing Wind, Fury 3, Bowbreaker 3, Spur RES 3, Deflect Magic 3 (Summoner Support A, PA!Azura Support A)
PA!Azura+1 (+DEF -ATK) - Urðr, Sing, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive RES 2, ATK Ploy 1 (Merric Support A)
Brave Roy+2 (+SPD -ATK) - Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten DEF 3, Quickened Pulse 1 (Nowi Support A)
Nowi+1 (+SPD -HP) - Lightning Breath+, Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Lancebreaker 3, Threaten RES 3, Panic Ploy 2 (Brave Roy Support A)

Since i got allready enough Arena Defense wins i thought i should send out my Performing Arts Team for the lulz!
Olivia: Poison Dagger, Dance, Iceberg, Fury, Windsweep, Breath of Life 3, Attack Seal
Shigure: Blarblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Sword Breaker, Hone Attack, Deflect Magic Shield
Axezura: Urdr, Sing, Moonbow, Distant Counter, WoM, Drive Res, Atk Ploy Seal
Inigo: Gronnraven+, Drawback, Moonbow, Triangle adept, Bow Braker, Hone Attack, Distant Def Seal 3

Have fun if you meet them :D

Edit: And i just won a match in Arena Assault with this Team against Ike, B!ike, Nowi + Shigure

Edited by Hilda

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Since i got allready enough Arena Defense wins i thought i should send out my Performing Arts Team for the lulz!
Olivia: Poison Dagger, Dance, Iceberg, Fury, Windsweep, Breath of Life 3, Attack Seal
Shigure: Blarblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Sword Breaker, Hone Attack, Deflect Magic Shield
Axezura: Urdr, Sing, Moonbow, Distant Counter, WoM, Drive Res, Atk Ploy Seal
Inigo: Gronnraven+, Drawback, Moonbow, Triangle adept, Bow Braker, Hone Attack, Distant Def Seal 3

Have fun if you meet them :D

Nice team. What is their ~score?