Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this puts a wrench in my strategy. I have some of the bonus units, but they aren't trained at all as I don't really need them for anything. So either a) I have to get lucky and pull one of the newest banner units, b) Level up Sharena, or c) Go this season without a bonus unit.

Eh... did they add more rewards to Arena? Not sure if it's my imagination but I just got around 7k on Arena alone (not counting AA). There is also some text about sacred coins which I clicked too fast and couldn't remember what it was about.

Edited by Okigen

1 minute ago, Okigen said:

Eh... did they add more rewards to Arena? Not sure if it's my imagination but I just got around 7k on Arena alone (not counting AA). There is also some text about sacred coins which I clicked too fast and couldn't remember what it was about.

Only that you now get 10 coins for your offense score (any score range gives the same 10 coins). I don't think feather rewards have changed.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK! I did it! I managed to stay in tier 20! My rank was literally ALMOST at the cut-off. Like when I last checked, I was 20/30 spots away from getting bumped down. So 4922 is sort of okay to stay in tier 20 if anyone needs a point of reference. But it's likely going to keep climbing. 

I doubt I'll manage to stay next week. I could run Laslow or my Cecilia+1 as a bonus unit. I also have a Young Tiki I could potentially build...and maybe run a Dragon Emblem team. I wonder how that'll go...

But I've managed to stay in tier 20 once, so at least I have that bragging right. I'm content!

Oops, I forgot to finish my real Arena run before this season ended, but I suppose that doesn't really matter when I have 5,015 points even with one death.

I'm going to need to see if Distant Def is enough to have a workable counter for Lyn with just my dragons. Maybe I'll leave one or two of them with Drive Def for extra backup. Nowi has 49/53/31/52/39 on enemy phase with maximum defensive buffs up.

Maybe I should build a Steady Breath Awakening Tiki to work as a Lyn counter, but I don't have enough feathers to promote that many of her yet (and not enough Brave Ikes).

Back to tier 20 (goodness it was hard this week), I still need to work a lot on my merges to stay on tier 20 but for now I'm fine alternating between 19-20. Now I need to think who's going to be better this week, Tailtiu or Y!Tiki.

Score of 5102 (T20) remains in T20, and combines with a defense score of 612 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

S3ex4zl.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

KDRVxnn.png

After some thought, I've decided to use the Celica/Tana/Julia team for another two weeks, since I have a Celica/Sharena Ally Support (Sharena was the bonus Askr unit when Ally Support happened, and Julia and Tana got tied together). Additionally, instead of just rotating out the Askr unit every two seasons, I think I'll just rotate Arena teams, because why not? Thus, Alfonse has been tied to the Fliers and has started his ally support with Camilla; Anna has been tied to team Nino and has begun her ally support with Azura. I'll see how long that lasts before I spontaneously decide to do something wildly different again =P . At the very least, this setup prevents me from having to deal with the headache of having Anna on Celica's team.

Edited by LordFrigid

So today I reached Tier 20 for the first time. Score was 4836. I have a feeling that the Sacred Seal forge helped, by letting me battle slightly stronger foes.

...of course, I'll be back to 19 next week, but still.

Season 37 (1.3.0 S22) Results:

Score: 4,788
Defense: 580

z1ZTi9l.png

This is something I’ve wanted to do for quite some time – Hinoka and retainers team!  With my Quadsuna project complete, me 5 starring my Azama for the hell of it, and being guaranteed to go down a tier this week, it was time.  Getting a deathless run was extremely difficult, although not because of the usual suspects.  This team lacks a red unit, which made Hector and B!Ike pretty miserable to deal with.  My best hope was to tank them with Azama while his S support Setsuna slowly chips away at them.  He’s not the beefed out monstrosity that @Hilda made, but with support, Uror buff, and Hinoka’s Spur Def, Azama was often quite adept at this task.  Defense tiles make him even more bulky, and seeing things like 0x2 from B!Lyn, or 16 dmg from a Hector Ignis was a cathartic experience.

Setsuna racked up most of the kills this season, and although her power is a little lower than I’d like, I’ve been very impressed with her so far.  Alfonse would have probably been a more reliable choice for a bonus unit. 

Arena Assault Season 10:

tsmQlaf.png

Wow, just barely squeaked by in the 1000-5000 bracket.  I don't think my run used any upgraded seals, so hopefully next week I can land in a more comfortable position.  Otherwise it's looking like my days in this bracket are numbered...

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

hig2k2x.png

How funny that the one season I promote and use Azama, I find another one in the arena!  The supreme TT babysitter.

spFeNP3.png

CA and Def Ploy?  Get those -Raven tomes out of here!

iuNyhvO.png

The Wo Dao goes with Selena so well, aesthetically.  I actually ran into her during my 1v1 daily quest-fulfilling AA streaks.  Ike was the default character in the first slot, and I figured he could take her.  I got careless and wasn’t watching the numbers, and initiated.  She survived, and on the next turn she massacred my poor Ike while calling me a loser. :(

gINrAxJ.png

You couldn’t pierce my heart Takumi, but at least you got on this list.

Previous Season Results:

New week, new runs

Arena: 4,844 Team: B!Lyn, Cecilia, Ninian, BK

Arena Assault: 4,866

Didn't lose a single match.

Sigurd's absurd tankiness is annoying but that's all he really does. He's just hard to kill. Lots of Amelias this week. Also ran into a weaponless BK in arena assault, not that I'm complaining.

Dancer wise, Azura is by far the least threatening of the PA dancers, due to how the AI's movement works. With the ranged dancers, there is a constant risk of having them refresh B!Lyn or Reinhardt, which is really scary on maps with walls.

Edited by Korath88

Another week in Tier 19 for me. Back to Tier 20 next week. Will I ever manage to stay? I'm beginning to doubt it.

I'm still too dumb as a strategist to survive seven AA matches deathless on Hard difficulty. Doing it on Intermediate is manageable most of the time unless I get screwed by lots of B!Lyns and dancers. 17 Sacred Coins with my score every week are fine enough for me, just sucks that I'd be able to get a 4900+ score if I just wasn't so bad at pushing around my units sometimes.

I also realised that I really need some blue units. I basically rely on Sharena, Camus, Valter, Est and Reinhardt all the time. Clive has been good as well. Otherwise I just have a Clair, Ursula and Mathilda who are useable but not exactly reliable. Would promoting a +DEF Effie or +ATK/+DEF -RES Lukas to 5* be worth spending the feathers? I guess they both need Brave Lance+, which I even could afford to give them...

8 minutes ago, pullofthebush said:

Another week in Tier 19 for me. Back to Tier 20 next week. Will I ever manage to stay? I'm beginning to doubt it.

I'm still too dumb as a strategist to survive seven AA matches deathless on Hard difficulty. Doing it on Intermediate is manageable most of the time unless I get screwed by lots of B!Lyns and dancers. 17 Sacred Coins with my score every week are fine enough for me, just sucks that I'd be able to get a 4900+ score if I just wasn't so bad at pushing around my units sometimes.

I also realised that I really need some blue units. I basically rely on Sharena, Camus, Valter, Est and Reinhardt all the time. Clive has been good as well. Otherwise I just have a Clair, Ursula and Mathilda who are useable but not exactly reliable. Would promoting a +DEF Effie or +ATK/+DEF -RES Lukas to 5* be worth spending the feathers? I guess they both need Brave Lance+, which I even could afford to give them...

I'd say Lukas would be a good promotion, especially with those IVs, but I prefer the QR set over brave lance.

Found an interesting team in arena assault:

nWr61py.png

All three Azuras have Sing. Food for Hector.

this fucker has three Azuras while I have none he deserves it okay

Edited by Vaximillian

Finished both.  I had a tough time as usual (lots of surrenders for those dirty horse emblem + dancer teams :dry:).  It was a bit better than last week, though.  These maps aren't as bad as the previous set.  If I'm having trouble and getting frustrated again next week, maybe I'll lay off the awful 5-cooldown skills & take the slight score drop.  It might be helpful to actually have some specials go off for once. :P:

I've been running into a crapton of people with this exact team, and I don't like it very much:
Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Azura, and Performing Azura. 

In fact, there's been a lot of double dancer teams lately... I only ran into 1 Sigurd, and Laslow destroyed him, so that was fine. 

Anyway, I beat my old high score again.  Soooo close to 5000! :o:  

Arena: 4996

Arena Assault: 4974

My team: Laslow +5, Rein +5, Brave Ike +3, and Olivia +2.

Whew. Took a 11 crests due to fishing and me being a horrible tactician but I did it! 4934 for my deathless run, which should be good for tier 20 again. Having Panic Ploy 3 seal against horse emblem is wonderful. Saw a lot of Sigurds. But that was easy bait for Nowi

Need to wait, hopefully TT will be there this weekend so I can farm SP for my Deirdre. I also intend to give her Aether so I can raise the score. And at the end of the month I will try a desperation pull for a merge.
This time I really wish that there would be another Method for raising the merges. Even if it costs like 30 feathers and some rare item which you get in some events D=.
I mean in Tales of Links they have hawks which give you the opportunity to upgrade a unit. And they are rare for f2p players. D=

I mean as long as they do it so with difficulty to obtain and rarely it should not influence the sales. But I guess this is only a wish.

edit: I mean 30k feathers. And I need to watch out for my writing. D= 

Edited by Stroud

Finished my Deathless run in the 1. row with B!Ike Boey Sigurd and PAzura and boy do i miss my Azama. His healign was missing soo much ._.. Every battle was such a chore compared to when having him around to retop Boey and B!Ike. Neverthless the Team did put out greatly with a score of 5112. Notable I got the 2 Walls oposing Team map 4 times.... Which makes it really really really furstrating to position Boey correctly (or at all) for full Gronnowl+ effects and him benefiting from all Spurs. I didnt know till now that you can get the same map multiple times.
Anyway best experience: last battle face off against +10 Reinhardt +10 BLyn (Mulgalir) +10 Sigurd and +10 Cain horse emblem on the wall map... ok positioned Boey so Reinhardt would attack him if walls break... and They moved differently Reinhardt and Lyn moved south fishing for Sigurd and Cain and Sigurd went norht fishing for PAzura.
BLyn was quickly a footnote baited with Boey. Sigurd actually ORKOd Reinhardt on Enemyphase with Distant Counter + PAzura buffs + 2x Spur Res 3 (6) with Bonfire and follow up attack. and survived with 2 HP!!! B!Ike survived Cains and Sigurds onslaught in the north with 6 HP left, while killing Cain on the counter hit (wrath 3 + bonfire). Ironicly Sigurd did fall to Boeys attack but all units went to single digit markers ._. Neverthless managed to clear.
Kinda ironic all Enemy units got killed/tanked by units that have Triangle disadvantage on them lol

After being on Tier 16 since forever I managed to go up to 17, and was my first week with avanced dificulty enemies! It's not like it makes a difference at all since everyone and their mother have B!Lyn+Rein+PA!Azura tbh Used Lilina/PA!Azura/Subaki/Arthur and it worked wonders, danced Lilina can take down 80% of units there, and whenever she¡s in danger Arthut or Subaki switch to finish the work. Boosted Lilina+bowbreaker can tank and take down B!Lyn, and Reinhardt is a joke to Arthur. Got two defense wins as well, but with a different team.

Probably won't last a lot on tier 17, but anyway, that's enough for me for now  ~ 

6 minutes ago, Stroud said:

This time I really wish that there would be another Method for raising the merges. Even if it costs like 30 feathers and some rare item which you get in some events D=.
I mean as long as they do it so it with difficulty to obtain and rarely it should not influence the sales. But I guess this is only a wish.

Agree x1000000 with this. Specially with seasonal banner units, who can't get merges after the baner expires.