Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Welp, getting a new Azura to bump her merge level to +4, replacing Luna by Aether and replacing Alfonse with Sigurd sure helped my score. Went from a total offense score of 4950 to a 4998 offense score this week. 

ea8be3d10a.jpg

Pretty sure a 600 defense score is also my highest yet. Decided to use my offense team as my defense team this week instead of using my standard bonus bait+Reinhardt+Bridelia+Azura defense team. It worked out pretty well since we're not 24 hours into the season and I already managed to get 10 defense wins.

And here are the details for the team:

00e4de385d.jpg

Only thing that isn't shown here or in my first picture is that Lucina and Nino have a S support.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, pullofthebush said:

I also realised that I really need some blue units. I basically rely on Sharena, Camus, Valter, Est and Reinhardt all the time. Clive has been good as well. Otherwise I just have a Clair, Ursula and Mathilda who are useable but not exactly reliable. Would promoting a +DEF Effie or +ATK/+DEF -RES Lukas to 5* be worth spending the feathers? I guess they both need Brave Lance+, which I even could afford to give them...

While she does lose some match-ups, Effie's base Atk is obscene enough that a regular Brave Lance is still rather practical. I'm not sure if Lukas really has the Atk to make Brave Lance+ worth it. I mean, it'd probably just end up fueling a Bonfire/Ignis bomb build, at which point you might as well stick to Killer+ and Quick Riposte.

I guess sacred seals made more of a difference than I expected. I hit 4,900 score exactly for the first time while running DD3, Deflect Magic 2, Spd +2 seals and Sigurd for bonus this week. It could have been higher too, but I didn't hunt for higher matches since I just need enough to get back to tier 20. I've never gotten higher than the 4,880's so this is a bit of a spike.

Was not pleasant seeing +9 Reins and other mages regularly this streak, though. The only merges on my own team is +3 Cordelia, so it feels a bit much.

Edited by Alkaid

Haven't finished my deathless run yet (last week destroyed my Crests so I have to be more conservative with them for now). On Arena Assault I finished with a score of 4919 which is good enough to stay in the top 5k I guess.

I'm kind of glad this is my off week, Sigurd is pretty annoying if any of his allies has WoM but otherwise he's not that big of a deal.

48 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

While she does lose some match-ups, Effie's base Atk is obscene enough that a regular Brave Lance is still rather practical. I'm not sure if Lukas really has the Atk to make Brave Lance+ worth it. I mean, it'd probably just end up fueling a Bonfire/Ignis bomb build, at which point you might as well stick to Killer+ and Quick Riposte.

@pullofthebush

Lukas has 35 base Atk. That's more than enough to use a Brave weapon.

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

IT TOOK ME 20 CRESTS OR SO TO GET THIS AFTER SWITCHING THROUGH MULTIPLE TEAMS

REEEEEE

tpHZOCQ.jpg

@MrSmokestack @Arcanite @Vaximillian @JSND Alter Dragon Boner @Bartozio

I haven't even tried a run lol

16 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

IT TOOK ME 20 CRESTS OR SO TO GET THIS AFTER SWITCHING THROUGH MULTIPLE TEAMS

REEEEEE

tpHZOCQ.jpg

@MrSmokestack @Arcanite @Vaximillian @JSND Alter Dragon Boner @Bartozio @SatsumaFSoysoy

Nice, congratz!

My attampts at getting a deathless run today failed pretty bad, but I hope I won't need that muc crests to get a good score...

Squad Assault with 4,932 Points.
Blocked a horse emblem team with my flier emblem. Which was pretty close. This was one of my best matches. D= And I did not record it.

Edited by Stroud

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Already done with Arena and AA for the week. Feels good.

Amen. I don't like wasting crests to do all of arena in one day, but it's worth it to not worry about it the rest of the week.

Aimed for ~4910, but got only my standard score of 4876. Had to switch BH!Ike and BK out for Ninian and Elincia, which costed some points. I don't know if it will suffice to return to tier 20 this week, since everybody is running level 3 seals. 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@GuiltyLove congratulations! I burned more than 30 crests, still no 7 victories in a row. I guess the last bonus heroes (dancer, flyer) made it to easy. 

Arena is always such a pain. I hope you can do it soon!

edit: nvm saw ur post above me

i didn't get to reply until now D:

Edited by GuiltyLove

4900 Arena Assault run done

Moral of the day: Brave Roy can do anything

Fighting BLyn in this iteration of lava map is actually kind of fun. 

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I might experiment with bonus units this season. My previous team was Merric+5, PA!Azura+1, Brave Roy+2, and Nowi+1. I tried taking Azura off of my team and replacing her with Cecilia+1 because I thought that having two Brave Lyn/Reinhardt counters would be just as nice as the extra mobility. I could probably make it work if I had the patience, but I don't. lol So I switched out Brave Roy for Laslow. I thought my score would completely tank since he has no merges, no legendary weapons, and really nothing else to boost his BST, but the match-up I was given was worth 708. That could just be the upper UPPER-most of my range though. I'm thinking that I may run a merged Young Tiki since I recently got a +ATK version of her. She may be really useful for taking out those pesky green mages if I give her Triangle Adept and QR. I may even use 20k feathers to give her QR3.

But I'm also in the process of building Sigurd who might end up being pretty beastly. So much work to do....

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I might experiment with bonus units this season. My previous team was Merric+5, PA!Azura+1, Brave Roy+2, and Nowi+1. I tried taking Azura off of my team and replacing her with Cecilia+1 because I thought that having two Brave Lyn/Reinhardt counters would be just as nice as the extra mobility. I could probably make it work if I had the patience, but I don't. lol So I switched out Brave Roy for Laslow. I thought my score would completely tank since he has no merges, no legendary weapons, and really nothing else to boost his BST, but the match-up I was given was worth 708. That could just be the upper UPPER-most of my range though. I'm thinking that I may run a merged Young Tiki since I recently got a +ATK version of her. She may be really useful for taking out those pesky green mages if I give her Triangle Adept and QR. I may even use 20k feathers to give her QR3.

But I'm also in the process of building Sigurd who might end up being pretty beastly. So much work to do....

Tiki excells at killing my B!Ike, killing my Boey, killing my PAzura, killing my Sigurd, killing my Red infantery melee units. I hate Tiki so much ._., everytime i meet her in Arena i have to work around to get a deathless win and take her out lol. Thats what i get for not running any kind of Blue unit (or Red unit).

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Tiki excells at killing my B!Ike, killing my Boey, killing my PAzura, killing my Sigurd, killing my Red infantery melee units. I hate Tiki so much ._., everytime i meet her in Arena i have to work around to get a deathless win and take her out lol. Thats what i get for not running any kind of Blue unit (or Red unit).

I've never had that much trouble killing greens...mostly because Brave Roy has been a godsend, especially with Galeforce. I honestly haven't seen that many dragons around though I'm sure they're more abundant in higher tiers. I may give her a shot. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm comfortable running Nowi. And with two dragons, I can give one of them Fortify dragons from my spare Ninian...

I managed to get a Deathless Arena Assault run on my first try this week.  I'm a bit proud for winning with my Armor Emblem team against 2 mages, too.  I lead off with them to get a decent score, but it can bite me, if there's too many mages.

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Arena is always such a pain. I hope you can do it soon!

edit: nvm saw ur post above me

i didn't get to reply until now D:

I did it, but not with the score I wanted. It was not a big problem to burn many crests (I still have plenty), but it's no fun losing all day. Didn't use any stamina yesterday ... 

Well AA still waits, but it has to wait another day, GHB is first (and more fun). 

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've never had that much trouble killing greens...mostly because Brave Roy has been a godsend, especially with Galeforce.  [...]

How do you run your Roy? I gave him LnD2, but in arena I switch to his standard A-Skill just for the score. That makes him less squishy, but he also procs Galeforce less, because everybody seems to have 50+ ATK/SPD in arena.