Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Just now, Alternate Blue said:

Ah you should check Arena again. Just got the rewards message now.

Thanks, just got it.  Looks like I managed to stay in Tier 20, but how much, I'm not sure.  I was about 100 places above the cutoff last I checked.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, have they officially announced the next season bonus units?

I think the general consensus on the forum is that we're getting these guys for a third season because IS is late with the new banner which we likely won't get until after the Feh Channel announcements. There hasn't been a tweet about new bonus units. There's still time, but I wouldn't count on it.

Max rewards for tier 19. 2 defense wins. Top 5k for AA.

Arena rewards at least make me feel like I've accomplished something this week. XD

Back to 19 again for me. I was about 200-ish places under the cutoff, which is a real bummer to be so close.

But at least I hit 62k feathers after all my rewards, so I've got a good stock for some projects.

I'm hoping a new unit on one of the upcoming banners I'm interested in will be blue so I can get some more Cordelias for merges along the way. If only she was as common for me as 4* Oboros. 

Score of 5092 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 590 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

a68cimZ.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

xclQbEm.png

Team Nino did the things again. Barring a surprise bonus unit rotation change, they will be in action again next week as well. After that, hopefully Alfonse gets rotated back in so I can break out the Flier team again.

~

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a way to edit that?  I'd like to use some sort of calculator, but it seems to be view only.

If you have a Google account and have opened it before (seems like you have), you should be able to go to your Google Drive "Recent" menu (https://drive.google.com/drive/recent), right click the document, and select "Make a Copy" to create a local copy that you can edit.

If you don't have a Google Drive...I can make an editable copy on mine, I guess.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

If you have a Google account and have opened it before (seems like you have), you should be able to go to your Google Drive "Recent" menu (https://drive.google.com/drive/recent), right click the document, and select "Make a Copy" to create a local copy that you can edit.

If you don't have a Google Drive...I can make an editable copy on mine, I guess.

Okay, hopefully I can figure it out.

I don't know if I'll be able to stay in Tier 20 again.  It took a lot of fishing, and I don't want to have to spend 20 Crests every week.  Once I can do a few more merges, hopefully my average match should be worth a few more points.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, hopefully I can figure it out.

I don't know if I'll be able to stay in Tier 20 again.  It took a lot of fishing, and I don't want to have to spend 20 Crests every week.  Once I can do a few more merges, hopefully my average match should be worth a few more points.

If you've gotten it...you might need to do it again. I manually entered most of the skill point values because I had all the names already (I maintain a spreadsheet with stat & skill data for my combat simulator), but I copy/pasted the assist skills right from the wiki. Something went wrong with that, and a few of the Rallies were screwed up. I fixed that just now.

Edit: Oh wait, I think I know what happened...the copy/paste probably worked just fine, but when I sorted I only sorted the names column. Whoops.

Edited by LordFrigid

This week, I was able to crack 4,900 on Arena Assault! It's a new record for me, so I'm pleased with that. Yay!

I do have a question, which is: How many points does bumping up a seal from the base level to the max garner you? Of course, it's contingent upon the cost of the skill (Atk Ploy is more than +Atk), but I'd like to know how significant a difference it could make for scoring.

Back to tier 20. I was kind of worried about not getting any Defense wins but I got 1 this week. I seriously need to find a team for Arvis, my usual Bike/Tana/BK core isn't doing too hot right now.

On Arena Assault I managed to get a 4920 score, if fishing was possible I'm sure I'd be able to get around the 494x but that's neither here nor there, staying in the top 5k is good enough for me.

Season 41 (1.3.0 S26) Results:

Score: 4,920 (New Record!)
Defense: 580

aYOA1SU.png

Changes from last week:

-Caeda gained another merge
-Hinoka equipped Blazing Wind for points
-Anna inherited Growing Wind for points
-Attack Smoke seal upgraded to Lv. 3.

If only I could have scored this well a month or two ago.  4920 no longer cuts it to stay in tier 20 unfortunately.  I only have one more Caeda for merging, and after that the best I can do to improve my score is inherit Aether on Narcian, and perhaps Galeforce on Hinoka.  I could also replace the B skills on Hinoka and Caeda, and use Rally Def/Res as assists, but I think at that point the performance of the team will drop so much to make that extra 1K feathers more effort than they’re worth.  I may have to just wait for more Narcian reruns, or hope to pull more Caedas. 

Arena Assault:

XejtkVi.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

tUHfY4w.png

The much-hyped Sol Katti/Wrath/Brash Assault combo.  One might almost forget the normal Lyn even exists anymore.  

x9ezziC.png

Well, this is different.  I’m used to seeing Wo Dao or Slaying Edge on these kind of builds, but this probably stops Blade Cecilia much more reliably.

Previous Season Results:

I got 4942 with 592 defense and I barely got dropped out of tier 20 so I'm kiiiiiinda salty. I only checked like 5 minutes before and I was within tier 20 by like 5 spots and then the season closed and rip 

And ~4960 for assault

Went down to Tier 19 again, 4 Defense wins (same team as last week when I got 10 wins), Arena Assault top 5k. 

Already did my Arena run with 4898, which is a new high score for me. I guess its because of the four Level 3 seals and Cordelias merge to +2. 

@Rezzy Congratulations! I'm still some merges away from that goal. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Went down to Tier 19 again, 4 Defense wins (same team as last week when I got 10 wins), Arena Assault top 5k. 

Already did my Arena run with 4898, which is a new high score for me. I guess its because of the four Level 3 seals and Cordelias merge to +2. 

@Rezzy Congratulations! I'm still some merges away from that goal. 

Maybe once the new Armors aren't bonus units anymore, it will be a bit easier to stay in Tier 20.

Wow, just did an experiment and used my arena team on my second account as a Defense team and I received one of my fastest defense team wins yet! It's a big deal especially on my 2nd account because I always have a hard time getting wins there.

Team is Black Knight, Amelia, Hector and Anna.

A bit green heavy but I guess that one person underestimated Armor March?

Will keep it on for the rest of the week just to see if I get any more wins. At the very least, I'm sparing people from the Reinhardt/Brave Lyn for one season.

My team with no fishing gave me a score of 4924.  That probably isn't enough to stay in Tier 20, since i barely stayed in with my 4944 last week.

They really lowballed me with scores, for some reason.  I've gotten as high as 712, but most were low 700s for whatever reason.  I might fish a bit to see if I can bump it up a bit, but if I go back to Tier 19, it's not the end of the world.

Merric got to put in work. @SatsumaFSoysoy@Vaximillian@MrSmokestack@Arcanite

WVQIsxv.png?1

4,990 points. I'm getting closer D=.
A.Tiki +6, Gwendolyn +3, Sheena +3, Selena. 

I will see how lucky I am on the special banner. If I get enough Deirdre merges I can change the team a bit. But I will see...

What are the chances to get the same team in 2 of 3 fights in AA (not the same streak)?

I'm having trouble to get my deathless streak done. My current score of 4,855 (one death) will not keep me in top 5k (currently 4713th). 

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

My team with no fishing gave me a score of 4924.  That probably isn't enough to stay in Tier 20, since i barely stayed in with my 4944 last week.

They really lowballed me with scores, for some reason.  I've gotten as high as 712, but most were low 700s for whatever reason.  I might fish a bit to see if I can bump it up a bit, but if I go back to Tier 19, it's not the end of the world.

Merric got to put in work. @SatsumaFSoysoy@Vaximillian@MrSmokestack@Arcanite

WVQIsxv.png?1

"I am the god of the new world order." I'm so proud of my mage child.

I'm not really trying this week. Got a score over 4000. I may try a few more times to break my AA score to make sure I stay in the top 5k, but I might not have the patience. Next season I'll switch out Alm for Mia. She has a lot of work to do before she's ready, but the Tempest should take care of that.