Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That team looks half-assed if a single Triangle Adept Litrraven user could break through it.

I'd have put Cancel Affinity 3 and Drive Atk 2 on all of them.

To be fair, Innes had CA, so i had to take him out with Ursula, but they wanted to feed Merric SP, so who am I to stop them?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I met an arena team with a Triangle Adeopt Gronnraven Nino. That was fun while I put BK in her range.

Also wow, my Anna, BK, Hector and Amelia team has now 4 defense wins. That's the most I had in my second account for a long time, so I'm surprised yet proud of the greenstacking without resorting to cavalry.

Incredible how many tries it took me this time, but I managed to do my deathless 7 streak in AA with a new personal highscore: 4928

MVPs have been my sword/lance/axe breaker units and -ATK 4* Bowbreaker Leon for killing the only BH!Lyn of the streak. I became so hesitant using strong units on the first 4 maps, I didn't even use Horse emblem and most of the good flyers. All 4 dancers came into play, but only to give my two brave archers extra turns. 

Strange how many times I met the same teams though, I thought this would happen only in higher score ranges. Some where welcome (full bride team), others less (bonus bait, BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, WoM dancer), but very annoying was to meet the 5th TD!Jacob in one streak (not the winning one though). 

So, for people wondering about how much the Sacred Seal exclusive skills are worth SP-wise,

• Quickened Pulse is probably 150 SP
  • Phantom Spd 3 is 200 SP

I don't know Hardy Bearing (because I don't have it upgraded) or the Deflect skills (because I don't have them at all) yet.

Testing is done by using my Amelia, whose skill set is worth so much SP that it actually overflows if I use a Sacred Seal worth 240 SP (total 2120 SP), but doesn't overflow if I use a Sacred Seal worth 200 SP (total 2080 SP). (Other armors don't have a high enough stat total to do this, though Hector might be able to pull it off due to Armads.) I.e., my score range with a 200-SP Sacred Seal is 744-746, but my score range with a 240-SP Sacred Seal is 734-744.

The 744-point pool is sparse enough that Quickened Pulse gives me opponents that 200-SP Sacred Seals do not (only 2 of the 744-point opponents can be matched against my team when Amelia is using a 200-SP Sacred Seal) that Quickened Pulse is obviously less than 200 SP. The next tier down for a single-tier skill is 150 SP, and that's likely where it is.

Once I get the coins for it, I'll be testing Hardy Bearing next, then Deflect Magic.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon thanks, very useful information. I'd try Hardy Bearing myself, since I have it at level 3. But at my score range one seal more or less doesn't change much. 

Or do you have any idea how I could get the SP cost of that seal? Would a team of level 1 units be better for this job? 

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon thanks, very useful information. I'd try Hardy Bearing myself, since I have it at level 3. But at my score range one seal more or less doesn't change much. 

Or do you have any idea how I could get the SP cost of that seal? Would a team of level 1 units be better for this job? 

You basically need to find a score range with only a dozen or so opponents in it that is well-enough-populated at the edges so that you can easily tell if you are bleeding down or bleeding up in your score range (since the score difference of 40 SP is less than 2 points (with bonus multiplier)).

The only range I know of that satisfies this without much trouble is the 744-746 score range. Switching from a 200-SP Sacred Seal to Quickened Pulse, for example, didn't change my score range, but added about 5 or so new opponents to my match-up pool with a score of 744, indicating that its SP cost was lower than 200 SP.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You basically need to find a score range with only a dozen or so opponents in it that is well-enough-populated at the edges so that you can easily tell if you are bleeding down or bleeding up in your score range (since the score difference of 40 SP is less than 2 points (with bonus multiplier)).

The only range I know of that satisfies this without much trouble is the 744-746 score range. Switching from a 200-SP Sacred Seal to Quickened Pulse, for example, didn't change my score range, but added about 5 or so new opponents to my match-up pool with a score of 744, indicating that its SP cost was lower than 200 SP.

Ok, I'm ~35 merges and some DCs  short to enter that club. I tried a 2* level 20 Raigh, but it seems there more than enough people who set full teams of level 10 units as their Defense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, for people wondering about how much the Sacred Seal exclusive skills are worth SP-wise,

• Quickened Pulse is probably 150 SP
  • Phantom Spd 3 is 200 SP

I don't know Hardy Bearing (because I don't have it upgraded) or the Deflect skills (because I don't have them at all) yet.

Testing is done by using my Amelia, whose skill set is worth so much SP that it actually overflows if I use a Sacred Seal worth 240 SP (total 2120 SP), but doesn't overflow if I use a Sacred Seal worth 200 SP (total 2080 SP). (Other armors don't have a high enough stat total to do this, though Hector might be able to pull it off due to Armads.) I.e., my score range with a 200-SP Sacred Seal is 744-746, but my score range with a 240-SP Sacred Seal is 734-744.

Confirming that Hector with Armads, Rally Spd/Def, Galeforce, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Spd/Def 2, can still overflow with the Distant Def 3 seal.

He actually doesn’t with Deflect Magic 3 or Deflect Missile 3, so my original suspicion that Deflects are worth more is shot...I could’ve sworn he overflowed with it before; Deflect Missile was the first seal I maxed out (then again, he used to overflow with a plain old maxed skill set before the seal forge happened). I may have erred in my skill/seal equipping at the time.

So, I suppose my new guess is that Deflects are 200s. I’m interested to see the results of your tests.

@Arcanite @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @MrSmokestack @Infinite Dreams First we had Laslow Emblem, now we have Hana Emblem.

pB4hRFZ.png?1

It took some serious fishing but I got a score of 4956, which I hope should be good enough to stick in Tier 20 for another week.  It was a close shave last week, where I barely stayed in.  This is a new high for me, I think.  I wonder if non-merged Dorcas will have a better score value than my merged Merric.  I don't think I'll be able to maintain Tier 20 with anything less, unless I get more Titanias to merge or surprise Xander shows up.

k3lOCpW.png?1

God, Arena Assault is infuriating this season. There are exactly 2 opponents at 744 points that just won't leave my matchmaking pool and keep showing up on the 6th or 7th round to ruin my perfect run.

I even built a Brave Ike with the Tempest Trials banner, but to no avail. I suspect there might just be a hard cap on a team's matchmaking rating since replacing Distant Counter with Steady Breath on Ike doesn't lower my matchmaking range at all.

For bragging purposes, my current lead team is

+10 Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Flametongue+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Atk Smoke 3) Summoner S
+10 Gwendolyn [+Atk, -Spd] (Killer Lance+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Panic Ploy 3)
+10 Amelia [+Spd, -HP] (Slaying Axe+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Armor March 3, Phantom Spd 3)
+10 Brave Ike [+Atk, -HP] (Urvan, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Drive Def 2, Distant Def 3)

MVPs this season are

+10 Eldigan [+Atk, -Res] (Mystletainn, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry),

who gets +6/6/2/0 from Elise and just wipes the floor with green armors even when panicked and

+0 Selena [+Atk, -Res] (vanilla),

who literally just needs to sit on a fortification tile with Brave Lucina behind her for me to end turn until I win.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @MrSmokestack @Infinite Dreams First we had Laslow Emblem, now we have Hana Emblem.

Awesome, haha!  I love seeing these kinds of teams (especially the Laz one :P:)!  

I ran into a full +10 Henry team a few weeks ago.

vXNNJodl.png

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It took some serious fishing but I got a score of 4956, which I hope should be good enough to stick in Tier 20 for another week.  It was a close shave last week, where I barely stayed in.  This is a new high for me, I think.  I wonder if non-merged Dorcas will have a better score value than my merged Merric.  I don't think I'll be able to maintain Tier 20 with anything less, unless I get more Titanias to merge or surprise Xander shows up.

Congrats on your new high score!  :):

Edited by Infinite Dreams

@Infinite Dreams Haha the No 1 Henry fan!

@Ice Dragon  I’m copying you in since you are the biggest whale in this forum (or every forum) and thus may have the best resouce to answer this... Approxiamately, do you know what sort of score range we can expect for a +10 team with 2 mages and 2 melees? I’m planning to drop Hector out of my team to use a red mage (I haven’t decide whom yet, depending on upcoming banners, but for the most prudent method, let assume it’ll be someone like Sophia). Thanks in advance!

Edited by Okigen

8 hours ago, Okigen said:

I’m copying you in since you are the biggest whale in this forum (or every forum) and thus may have the best resouce to answer this... Approxiamately, do you know what sort of score range we can expect for a +10 team with 2 mages and 2 melees? I’m planning to drop Hector out of my team to use a red mage (I haven’t decide whom yet, depending on upcoming banners, but for the most prudent method, let assume it’ll be someone like Sophia). Thanks in advance!

722-732 for this team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -HP] (Blarblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Ephraim [+Spd, -Res] (vanilla)
+9 Raven [+Atk, -Res] (vanilla)

738-746 for this team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Reposition, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Panic Ploy 3)
+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -HP] (Blarblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Atk Smoke 3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Distant Def 3)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

722-732 for this team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -HP] (Blarblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Ephraim [+Spd, -Res] (vanilla)
+9 Raven [+Atk, -Res] (vanilla)

738-746 for this team:

+10 Tharja [+Spd, -HP] (Raudhrblade+, Reposition, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Panic Ploy 3)
+10 Bride Caeda [+Spd, -HP] (Blarblade+, Ardent Sacrifice, Aether, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Atk Smoke 3)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Distant Def 3)

Great thanks! Dragon is a very good shout. Is that Y Tiki?

Sadly, I won't make into the tier twenty because A) because all of my high rating units are red and one blue, b) my two bonus units are low BST mages, and c) None of my bonus units or high BST units can counter Rein or Brave Lyn.

Finished my botched run expecting to go back to tier 19. 4525 is good enough I believe. 

On Arena Assault I'm having issues doing a deathless run but I guess it'll be alright settling with a 4888 score for now.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My current 4838 is dangerously close to not getting me back into tier 20 (10206/11141 right now). I must improve my score later.

No defence wins this week isn’t fun.

Defense is strange this week, only one win with the same team that got me 10 wins two weeks ago. I guess it's because of the set of maps for this season. I should start taking statistics or something ...

I'm going to switch my team up a little just because Nowi maxed out HM, and I'd like to experiment with some other characters. I'm likely going to be using Merric, PA!Azura, Mia, and Tana. Once I get a look at what the new Sacred Seals are for the the TT, I'll decide what I want to upgrade. I've done some experimenting with it, and it might just work.