Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaximillian Haha, cool. First SF encounter for me too. Request accepted. 

How did they fare? I always assume DC on Sigurd could caught people off guard. Hana inherited WoM3 with Brave+ from Cain, which should have given me some wins last season as well. But your Sharena + Ninian shouldn't have had trouble with those swords. 

Funny thing: The minute I changed my defense team for tomorrow season, my Hana defense team got me the second win for this week, but it wasn't you ;-) 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

But your Sharena + Ninian shouldn't have had trouble with those swords. 

Yeah, Sharena applied her pokestick to them all. First Sigurd two tiles to the north of Ike on this screenshot, then Hana got danced by Azura to her demise. Ike wasn’t able to OHKO Azura, so the honours went to Arvis. The BK made ponderous steps towards Sharena waiting for him. Stage clear.

I love unorthodox builds on unorthodox units! I haven’t seen any Hana across these three weeks at all, yours was the first. DC Sigurd is interesting too, and was it your BK that had Renewal? I would have never thought about this. I enojoyed the fight, I did! ❤

By the way, this is now my high score:

L6uI0yX.png

Rank rose from 10k+ to 6523. Now I’ve guaranteed a place in tier 20 for sure.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @Arcanite @DefaultBeep @Rezzy

22 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure whether to use Lute (+1) or Alfonse as my bonus unit next season. 

Does anyone know how much of a point drop I would take using her instead of Alfie?

Lute has 6 less BST, a formula that divides by 5 so you're liable to lose one point over Alfie (if I understand it right), while her extra merge grants her two points.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Lute might have a higher scoring potential.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nope, I’ve been see-sawing from 19 to 20 and back since approximately the CYL season.

Same. Someday we will stay in T20. That day will come when we stop building random units we want to and just merge freely available ones.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Same. Someday we will stay in T20. That day will come when we stop building random units we want to and just merge freely available ones.

That day will be the day Heroes dies.

/s

@Vaximillian Congratulations to your new Highscore!

Great you enjoyed the fight, I'm trying to leave Reinhardt and BH!Lyn out of my defense teams. Hana is great, too bad she isn't a flying unit. Perhaps I will use her in TT to max HM until I get Joshua. BK is running vanilla WoM, but I switch to vantage from time to time (not very creative). If can't find a better candidate, I will toss Steady Breath, Vantage and QP seal on him for instant Black Luna on EP. 

@Infinite Dreams Like @bethany81707 wrote, Lute got the higher potential. If you fill the empty skill slots of both units with standard level 3 skills (and keep their personal weapons), Lute has the advantage of the more expensive Assist- and C-Skill. Adding the merge, the lower BST will weigh less.  

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But that's the fun part in the game! 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

I also fought a Reinhardt+4 whose special I sadly forgot now. I put my CYL Ike against him, and my heart skipped a beat or dozen when the combat said he would take 36×2 damage or something equally lethal (Ike only has 43 HP). In despair, I skipped the animations… and Ike survived with 5 HP.

No idea if it was Urvan alone, or Ike’s Deflect Magic 2 seal also played its part, but I felt like that one swimmer pouring a bottle of water over his head from the image macro. Better safe than sorry!

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Lute has 6 less BST, a formula that divides by 5 so you're liable to lose one point over Alfie (if I understand it right), while her extra merge grants her two points.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Lute might have a higher scoring potential.

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Infinite Dreams Like @bethany81707 wrote, Lute got the higher potential. If you fill the empty skill slots of both units with standard level 3 skills (and keep their personal weapons), Lute has the advantage of the more expensive Assist- and C-Skill. Adding the merge, the lower BST will weigh less.  

Awesome!  Thanks guys!  Lute will be more useful since she's ranged, so that's great to hear!  :):

Congrats on your new high score, @Vaximillian!

I keep getting defense wins after I changed my team for the next season today. But I'm getting full points, so my old team seems to be still active (new teams is without the actual seasons bonus units) or there is a huge delay. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I keep getting defense wins after I changed my team for the next season today. But I'm getting full points, so my old team seems to be still active (new teams is without the actual seasons bonus units) or there is a huge delay. 

Have you battled at least once since the change?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Have you battled at least once since the change?

I'm not sure. Even if I did, how are chances that I get one defense win in 6 days and two defense wins in less than 2 hours with the same team on the same maps? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not sure. Even if I did, how are chances that I get one defense win in 6 days and two defense wins in less than 2 hours with the same team on the same maps? 

Random encounters are random!

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Random encounters are random!

If I consider my tries to do my AA streak this week, where I ran into the same teams over and over, I'm not so sure about that random part anymore. More information about the  encounters would not only give players more chances to analyze their Defense matches, but also increase their trust in that system. If you think to whom didn't get a defense win for moths because of a bug ... 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I also fought a Reinhardt+4 whose special I sadly forgot now. I put my CYL Ike against him, and my heart skipped a beat or dozen when the combat said he would take 36×2 damage or something equally lethal (Ike only has 43 HP). In despair, I skipped the animations… and Ike survived with 5 HP.

No idea if it was Urvan alone, or Ike’s Deflect Magic 2 seal also played its part, but I felt like that one swimmer pouring a bottle of water over his head from the image macro. Better safe than sorry!

36 x 2 is only barely lethal, though. Ike takes 1.2x from a double, 36 * 1.2 = 43. Moonbow only adds 1 damage if it's on the second hit due to Ike's low res and Urvan being ridiculous

You had 90% damage reduction 1 - (1 - 80%) * (1 - 50%) = 90%, so 36 x 2 was just 36 + 3 = 39.

(Which meant, incidentally, it was probably 35 * 2 or 34 * 2 with Moonbow Pulse, meaning Ike was fine even without deflect magic.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

36 x 2 is only barely lethal, though. Ike takes 1.2x from a double, 36 * 1.2 = 43. Moonbow only adds 1 damage if it's on the second hit due to Ike's low res and Urvan being ridiculous

You had 90% damage reduction 1 - (1 - 80%) * (1 - 50%) = 90%, so 36 x 2 was just 36 + 3 = 39.

(Which meant, incidentally, it was probably 35 * 2 or 34 * 2 with Moonbow Pulse, meaning Ike was fine even without deflect magic.)

You’re right, of course, now that you’ve explained everything so clearly. It’s just that I panicked at the time and couldn’t do the math right on the fly. Reinhardt is still very scary.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, Sharena applied her pokestick to them all. First Sigurd two tiles to the north of Ike on this screenshot, then Hana got danced by Azura to her demise. Ike wasn’t able to OHKO Azura, so the honours went to Arvis. The BK made ponderous steps towards Sharena waiting for him. Stage clear.

I love unorthodox builds on unorthodox units! I haven’t seen any Hana across these three weeks at all, yours was the first. DC Sigurd is interesting too, and was it your BK that had Renewal? I would have never thought about this. I enojoyed the fight, I did! ❤

By the way, this is now my high score:

L6uI0yX.png

Rank rose from 10k+ to 6523. Now I’ve guaranteed a place in tier 20 for sure.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @Arcanite @DefaultBeep @Rezzy

That's a nice score! Just in time!