Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Sometimes, I wonder just how bad Fae is at dealing with bows...

If they were actually trying, they'd have used Bonfire instead of Aether since that punishes Brave Bow much, much harder.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If they were actually trying, they'd have used Bonfire instead of Aether since that punishes Brave Bow much, much harder.

...How much would she need Steady Breath and/or Infantry Pulse to make this scary? 

7 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...How much would she need Steady Breath and/or Infantry Pulse to make this scary? 

Steady Breath for sure.

Against Brave Bow+, she'd have a 20-damage Bonfire charged in time for her first counterattack on top of the 46-Atk Lightning Breath+ that targets the weaker of your defensive stats.

Against Mulagir, she'd have a 20-damage Bonfire charged in time for her second counterattack.

Unless you have a special skill of your own charged up, you need to hit her twice with at least 66 Atk to kill her before her Bonfire hits.

If she had Quickened Pulse or Infantry Pulse support from something with more HP than her, she could do the same with Ignis for 32 damage instead of 20.

EDIT: Iceberg and Glacies actually hit for the same damage as Bonfire and Ignis, respectively.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Fought a Nino+5 with forged Keen Gronnwolf+ yesterday:
Screenshot_20171202_213124.png

Lyn couldn’t one-shot her and would be one-shotted instead, so I had to carefully manoeuvre in these damn woods to have Xander cut her down.

But what if this were, like, a Close Counter Merric…

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I have been positive to teach top 3k in arena assault with my score of 4952, but today I dropped to rank 3,160. What score would I need to arrive to ~2900th? 

@Prince Endriu Haha, nice team. Did you win?

Dont remember, blyn probably killed them all - one of countless attempts at aa...

You probably need around 5k points

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I have been positive to teach top 3k in arena assault with my score of 4952, but today I dropped to rank 3,160. What score would I need to arrive to ~2900th? 

@Prince Endriu Haha, nice team. Did you win?

Dont remember, blyn probably killed them all - one of countless attempts at aa...

Gah, got screwed by movement-not-affected-by-terrain-march-armors at the END of my second run. I was so mad.

Still under the threshold to be able to rank up to rank 19. Got two death with my first run (one because I did see that the reinhardt was +6, and ORKO my Lute... Screw yourself, Reinhardt), I'll try again tomorrow.

And I found that, at my first arena battle today :

Spoiler

789396Capturedcrans201712032239591.png

So...I ended up replacing my new Leon with Lucius because I wanted to test how he did in the Arena. Surprisingly, he doesn't lower my score that much if at all. And having a healer is really useful...Like his Wrathful+Dazzling Staff combo lets him bypass Vantage/other stupid skills rather easily. I took off the ATK+3 and went with SPD+3 instead which still leaves him with 46 ATK and 37 SPD before buffs. With PA!Azura's buffs, he's got a solid 49/40 which isn't half bad, and Fear++ is WONDERFUL for chipping away at Wary Fighter armors.  

My defense team of Lucius, Merric, Lukas, and S. Leo got a defense win today too. However, I haven't managed to deathless win in AA. I've been working my butt off too, but I can't manage it. I'll just have to settle, I suppose. We all have off weeks.

I hope I can pull a decent Siegbert to stick on my Arena team tomorrow.  He'll be joining daddy as a Sword Cav, but letting me run full Horse Emblem for another season will be nice.

HELL FUCKING YEAH

Ayra is in my arena core now, so I'm stoked for the next 2 weeks. I'm excited to put in a unit I could actually use instead of dragging along the 4* Askrs. I could also use 4*+10 Olivia or Fjorm. Either way, this is gonna be a good season.

I had to spam 20+ crests to fish for a higher range of points, but now I'm certainly back into Tier 20 (well, Tier 19.5) with 4872 points and can happily relax next week.. Next week's bonus units are pretty nice though: the new units (except Rhajat) + Fjorm, Ayra, Ephraim Michalis, Sharena, Olivia and Donnel.

I would like to score higher in AA still, but I got no motivation today. So I'll try to be satisfied with staying in the 5k to 10k range. I don't think I can make it much higher without merges anyway.

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Time to use the Reinhardt 

Knew someone was going to say that. Just knew.

I am replacing clear dead weight on the team with a clear upgrade (Alfie to Ayra). My team is no more weak to Reinhardt than it was beforehand.

(Also, I just used a Reinhardt as Vantage fodder.)

39 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:
  Hide contents

DQLUmriV4AIntS1.jpg

Spoilered because the image is huge. lol But here are our bonus units for next week. I'm pretty happy. I could easily run my +10 4* Olivia or my Buffraim!

Oh hey, I got Shiro AND Ephraim just then!

Not sure if I should use -Atk Shiro though but doesn't he have more BST? Maybe I'll manage (does he have skills good for inheritance- not that I want to sacrifice him but just in case I get a better Shiro before I build this guy up).

Also have Soleil in my main account (-Spd might hurt though), but Sharena works, too. Unless Fjorm works better because Distant Counter but not really impressed with her yet. And not sure how to build her.

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

...9 Defence wins. I think people are scared of my Fae/Tana. Or the Brave Lyn. Or the Alfonse ahahahaha...

Next week it's Ayra, guys.

Time to reequip Sword Breaker on Sigurd, or destroy her with Azama and his massive AoE Damage. Her Res is quite pitifull and she has fallen many times now victim to him.

Edited by Hilda

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Time to reequip Sword Breaker on Sigurd, or destroy her with Azama and his massive AoE Damage. Her Res is quite pitifull and she has fallen many times now victim to him.

You know, I wonder why I bothered. Probably because I didn't expect people to miss the point.

11 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

[...]

I'm not sure about that. In that range with few points you already make considerable leaps in ranks. I don't have merge potential currently to make another leap anyway. Even if I'm close, top 3k in AA seems out of reach for me. 

17 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But what if this were, like, a Close Counter Merric…

You'd have nothing to fear. Merric has shitty ATK. He already has trouble killing unbuffed Blue Flyers with Excalibur... Now H!Henry on the other hand. He is scary with CC.

56 minutes ago, Clogon said:

You'd have nothing to fear. Merric has shitty ATK. He already has trouble killing unbuffed Blue Flyers with Excalibur... Now H!Henry on the other hand. He is scary with CC.

i laugh at H!Henry because Boey with Gronnowl does a much better job with higher movement and 3 allies besides him running Spur Spd/def or spur def/res nothing beats 15 additional SPD&DEF or 15 additional DEF&RES (not to mention the 2 other stats getting raised by 6).

Besides my Clair just took 2 H!Henrys in an Armor Emblem (with 2 Jakobs) to the face and took like 21 dmg from their nukes with them being fully armor buffed. It pays to have 54 RES. She also just took a fully buffed Flyer Litrblade Corrin to the face. Its like the perfect Mage counter, she only has to watch out against Life and Death Nino that can outspeed and double her with full buffs (1 hit alone from a fully buffed Gronnbalde Nino doesnt kill her, but the 2. attack does ._.). And yes she runs Distant Counter. If only Regnal Astra was inheritable she would be such a dominant force ._., instead i have to run a 3 cooldown Iceberg -_-

Besides if it were a Dark Excalibur Close Counter Merric with moonbow or glimmer Xander would most likely be dead

It reminds me: where are the news?
The next bunch of bonus heroes have been announced a while ago:

It’s Fjorm, Shiro, Siegbert, Soleil, Michalis, Ayra, Ephraim, Donnel, Olivia, and Sharena.