Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I faced a team on this map where units kept repositioning each other out of my reach, slowly inching toward me. I was forced to surrender since I couldn't target anyone without leaving someone in range of 2 dangerous units. 

That's definitely happened to me several times on the lava map (original one).  Especially if it's Horse Emblem.  Infantry mages repositioning themselves on that map has been a problem for me too, though.

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

That's definitely happened to me several times on the lava map (original one).  Especially if it's Horse Emblem.  Infantry mages repositioning themselves on that map has been a problem for me too, though.

The map with the two mountains and the defense tiles between them cost me on my 7th match. And just when I got a 710 point match during that run too!

Horse Emblem sucks

How do you deal with Sigurd? I can handle Blade horses and The Reinhardt as long as I have a fort tile to abuse, but having Sigurd near them makes baiting a pain, especially on that map.

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How do you deal with Sigurd? I can handle Blade horses and The Reinhardt as long as I have a fort tile to abuse, but having Sigurd near them makes baiting a pain, especially on that map.

Run a bulky lance or Nowi and let him kill himself on you. Vanilla Abel also works pretty well in Arena Assault.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The map with the two mountains and the defense tiles between them cost me on my 7th match. And just when I got a 710 point match during that run too!

Horse Emblem sucks

Ooh, I hate Horse Emblem on that map too.  :-_-:  

I usually bait Sigurd with Laslow since Sigurd rarely runs Swordbreaker, but separating Sigurd from the rest can sometimes be impossible.  My Reinhardt's tanked a few hits from him before too.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Run a bulky lance or Nowi and let him kill himself on you. Vanilla Abel also works pretty well in Arena Assault.

I run Fjorm and Ephraim so I guess I suck or something

Giving Ephraim his Prf upgrade will probably make things easier, but he still needs to initiate. My best bet seems like separating him from the other horses and speed creeping Fjorm with S support + Drive Spd + Hone Spd

31 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I run Fjorm and Ephraim so I guess I suck or something

Giving Ephraim his Prf upgrade will probably make things easier, but he still needs to initiate. My best bet seems like separating him from the other horses and speed creeping Fjorm with S support + Drive Spd + Hone Spd

Are you not running Quick Riposte (or Swordbreaker) on Ephraim?

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Are you not running Quick Riposte (or Swordbreaker) on Ephraim?

Running QR2 would tank my points, and Abel is a mythological creature of yore.

Seriously though, my Ephraim uses Lancebreaker to deal with enemy Ephraims, Brave Lucinas, and Fjorms.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Abel is a mythological creature of yore.

It's funny you mention this, because I realized yesterday that I had not gotten a single Abel since the Spring Festival banner back in March.

Fk7GKFC.png

My highest score yet! I love these defensive tiles. My Fae tanks everything (including Falcion users)! Need more feathers and a Bike... Spent a lot of orbs getting Not Bike.

Edit:

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Seriously though, my Ephraim uses Lancebreaker to deal with enemy Ephraims, Brave Lucinas, and Fjorms.

I'd trade you my 6 Abels for an Ephraim, my fave lord that refuses to come home. His sister is already +10 waiting for him.

Edited by Clogon

8 hours ago, GinRei said:

It's funny you mention this, because I realized yesterday that I had not gotten a single Abel since the Spring Festival banner back in March.

I can relate. I've only ever pulled three Cains since launch, and two of them were 5*, which is some absurd luck given that he's never been on a banner.

Meanwhile, in actual Arena news, giving Cecilia Keen Gronnwolf+ was a choice I'm really happy with. She had zero problems clearing a team of Lyn, Reinhardt, Cecilia (Gronnblade, GTome Breaker), and Titania (Distant Counter) in two turns, with the only assistance being a single Draw Back. Not requiring any buffs or debuffs whatsoever to kill the regular Arena crowd is extremely convenient, and I can safely run her on a mixed team to maximize score.

7 hours ago, Clogon said:

I'd trade you my 6 Abels for an Ephraim, my fave lord that refuses to come home. His sister is already +10 waiting for him.

Ahahaha...hahaha...haha...ha

Ephraim’s sister is already here with him. Her name is Nino.

I now feel compelled to get more Ephraims with the new banner today, but orbs. My Ephraim became +1 with the Threaten Defense banner lmao

7 hours ago, Johann said:

I can relate. I've only ever pulled three Cains since launch, and two of them were 5*, which is some absurd luck given that he's never been on a banner.

Meanwhile, in actual Arena news, giving Cecilia Keen Gronnwolf+ was a choice I'm really happy with. She had zero problems clearing a team of Lyn, Reinhardt, Cecilia (Gronnblade, GTome Breaker), and Titania (Distant Counter) in two turns, with the only assistance being a single Draw Back. Not requiring any buffs or debuffs whatsoever to kill the regular Arena crowd is extremely convenient, and I can safely run her on a mixed team to maximize score.

Interesting Cecilia choice.  I assume with this tome she has to initiate on Lyn rather than being passive, but does she still need Bowbreaker to net the kill or does she one-shot her?

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I now feel compelled to get more Ephraims with the new banner today, but orbs. My Ephraim became +1 with the Threaten Defense banner lmao

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to resist rolling for more Lyns now that I decided I wanted to make Lyn Emblem (currently at +1 (vanilla), +0 (Bride), +1 (Brave), +0 (Brave)).  I really don't want to spend money on orbs, but outside of the CYL VG gauntlet I don't think she's had another rate-up since the game came out.  And I'd feel really bad about spending on this when I know I'll likely need to spend if another Lyn version comes out (come on green flier...) or Ereshkigal in FGO.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:48 AM, GinRei said:

Interesting Cecilia choice.  I assume with this tome she has to initiate on Lyn rather than being passive, but does she still need Bowbreaker to net the kill or does she one-shot her?

She usually has to initiate on Lyn since she's -Def and not using Raven. She'll one-shot any cavalry except a special few (like Sigurd) without needing any buffs (though I do have Fjorm and Felicia w/ Hone Atk 3, giving her a potential +7 Atk). Since it's Arena and I'm trying to max out her point value, she's running Growing Wind too, which gives her enough damage to take out those remaining cavalry if she can get it ready. That part is usually easy enough since since units like Sigurd are often working with Reinhardt, who she counters effortlessly and helps fill her special charge.

Here's the build I'm using for Arena specifically:

Spoiler

Note that she doesn't need  to use or worry about Green Tomebreaker since she'll one shot enemy Cecilias as well. Meanwhile, units like Nino I leave to Felicia.

Edited by Johann

13 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ahahaha...hahaha...haha...ha

Ephraim’s sister is already here with him. Her name is Nino.

What? You got 2 Ephraims? Damn... I tried sniping him and keep getting Reinhards (this is why he was the first to be +3 when I was a poor F2P player). I currently has no orbs for the current banner which makes me sad.

Edited by Clogon

13 minutes ago, Clogon said:

What? You got 2 Ephraims? Damn... I tried sniping him and keep getting Reinhards (this is why he was the first to be +3 when I was a poor F2P player). I currently has no orbs for the current banner which makes me sad.

My luck is normally not that good but it goes on the fritz every now and then, hence my offbanner perfect nature units that I never use

my second Ephraim was on the free summon by the way

I used to spend money but haven't done so in months by this point. F2P life is great and I won't give it up for another copy of a character. I can always merge my Ninos for now.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Some Arena clips showcasing Clair as an anti-mage/meta unit all units encountered were +10:
(Since i went farming for medals and flags i thought i'd record it)
1. Battle: Triangle adept Gronnraven soren, Celica, Ike and Nowi
2. Battle: Litrblade Lucina and Ayra
3. Battle: Delthea going for the kill! And facing off a Triangle Adept Fae, Nowi and Ayra
4. Battle: usual Reinhardt! (this one has Lancebreaker preventing me from double attacking and killing him ._., nonethelss 0 dmg recieved)
5. Battle: Fea, Delthea, Grey and Fjorm being taken out by Clair
6. Battle: Triangl adept gronnraven Cecilia
7. Battle: Lolis team try it again against Clair... they never learn ._.
8. Battle: Reinhardt with emblem buffs)
9. Battle: another Reinhardt... this time no buffs for him but he forgot his Lancebreaker it seems!
10. Battle: this time Nowi tries it again as a Red tome user lulz
11. Battle: Gronnblade Nino (altough she didnt get all buffs but some at least) + Reinhardt + Ayra + Ryoma. withstanding Nino with no defensiv tile! woo
All hail to the queen!

Damn, I was feeling good about arena today so used some swords to try for a high score, even though I'm currently in 20 and usually can't hang. With Fjorn's point boost things seemed pretty good for a change. I pulled off my highest score ever of 4,970. I was like wow, maybe I can actually stay in 20 this week!... I'm still 300 places below the threshold to stay.

Really feels like the bar has been rising fast within the last month or so. More seal upgrades, forged weapons, and now blessings. It seems I really have no hope of keeping up, barring a ton of Cordelias for merges suddenly drop on my head.(I swear even her 4* is a myth now) Every time I pick up the pace in points, arena is 2 steps ahead again. I was hopeful, but oh well.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m here to brag about my meaninglessly low high score again:
Screenshot_20171209_173716.png

Fjorm scoring so high and mergable is unfair to the Askrans, I continue to say.

Oh, and tagging the usual suspects, @SatsumaFSoysoy @Arcanite @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @Rezzy, to share my cheerfulness, damn it.

Edited by Vaximillian