Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's Sharena season. But not anymore!

I got 4942. My max with Fjorm is 4982, but I'm too lazy to keep resetting for 712s.

What teams do you get at 712? I got a 702 once, there was a pimped-out Florina who still got shot down by an arrow.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i met this surprisingly effective and hard to kill Gwendolyn in arena.

tumblr_p0ozcoWjZc1qcrdmuo1_1280.png

It was the bad lava map with Armours giving her Ward Support, so I wasn’t prepared when her Ignis was fully charged. Savage Blow surprisingly had good synergy with Fire Boost, maybe Hardy Bearing or Panic Ploy would be a better Sacred Seal for her.

@Vaximillian I don't know if this gives you an idea for Cherami Emblem. Wary Fighter Gwendolyn is annoying to kill without Lancebreaker.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian I don't know if this gives you an idea for Cherami Emblem. Wary Fighter Gwendolyn is annoying to kill without Lancebreaker.

Looks amazing if not for two caveats: 1) there won’t be other armours to ward her in Cherami Emblem and 2) I have never had a Luke.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Looks amazing if not for two caveats: 1) there won’t be other armours to ward her in Cherami Emblem and 2) I have never had a Luke.

Well yeah it's an expensive build but maybe you could get some inspiration?

The main point was Wary Fighter would make Gwendolyn annoying to take down, maybe even more important since she doesn't have Ward support 

Fire Boost is a pretty rare skill, but maybe you could replace it with Earth Boost (if you have Boeys) for strong Ignis bombs? Savage Blow will help with her meh attack and keep her HP high for the boost to work.

Panic Ploy seal would also help your teammates, since Savage Blow makes it easier for it to activate. Maybe have someone with Hardy Bearing when you're facing Vantage users?

That said Quick Riposte would probably be better for general use.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m here to brag about my meaninglessly low high score again:
Screenshot_20171209_173716.png

Fjorm scoring so high and mergable is unfair to the Askrans, I continue to say.

Oh, and tagging the usual suspects, @SatsumaFSoysoy @Arcanite @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @Rezzy, to share my cheerfulness, damn it.

Congrats!

Does anyone know what the cutoff for staying in Tier 20 is this week?  I managed last week, but I don't even know if it's possible with my team this week.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Screenshot_20171209_173716.png

Oh, and tagging the usual suspects, @SatsumaFSoysoy @Arcanite @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @Rezzy, to share my cheerfulness, damn it.

At least Alfonse's canon wife is good~

15 hours ago, Hilda said:

Some Arena clips showcasing Clair as an anti-mage/meta unit

Nice, I really like that build. What is that, +Spd/-Def? I have a +2 +Atk/-Res Clair that I haven't really done much with in terms of skill inheritance. Berkut's Lance is like super good among  the non-legendary weapons.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena deserves justice!

Nice job though ~ got a def win yet? If you're having trouble I used Olivia + Horses and now I have 4 wins! 

8PW1PMx.png

I gave Nino one more merge and got to base 706

YEEEEE HAAAAWWWWW

Edit: also a team I encountered:

Spoiler

zK4oYcR.png

Surprisingly the team was Nino Tharja rein and Olivia

I won of course

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Sharena deserves justice!

Nice job though ~ got a def win yet? If you're having trouble I used Olivia + Horses and now I have 4 wins! 

Indeed she does.

And yes, I’ve got five defence wins this week, the first with Fjorm, Xander, Reinhardt+2, and Lyn, and four more with Sharena, Arvis, Ninian, and CYL Ike.

Also congrats for your score, it’s cool.

Encounter a freaking god Jaffar. My run got one death because Ninian prefered dance for him instead of attacking Michalis.

Didn't took a screen, but he had Deadly Dagger with effect ehancement, L&D3, Poison Strike, Salvage Blow, Salvage Blow. And Glimmer and a Ralliement.

My team's HP got decreased so easily... I panicked. An horror movie...

Well here's my rather low ranking in Arena. I dropped two tiers thanks to the combination of being too busy with work, and the lack of desire to struggle against Bow Lyn. Though this season is particularly rough with all the heavily merged teams I've been facing. In the span of twenty-eight duels I have faced units with a grand total of 118 merges. And this is with a team consisting entirely of non-merged, neutral freebie units. I just want to die, but VG feathers means I need the arena quest flags :sob:.

dUL02Xu.png

I got a new high score of 4,980 yesterday! But, wow, there's a lot of competition to stay in T20 this week, it's been heavily inflated even from last week. I just got pushed over the edge and will be dropping back to T19. My rank is 5,168, with 5,094 required to stay in. It was nice being able to stay in T20 for the last couple of weeks. Ah well!

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats!

Does anyone know what the cutoff for staying in Tier 20 is this week?  I managed last week, but I don't even know if it's possible with my team this week.

Right now, it's just barely more than 4,980. It's probably 4,982 currently, with two days still to go.

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Nice, I really like that build. What is that, +Spd/-Def? I have a +2 +Atk/-Res Clair that I haven't really done much with in terms of skill inheritance. Berkut's Lance is like super good among  the non-legendary weapons.

mine is +SPD/-Def and yes Berkuts Lance is really fantastic <3

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

*snip*

Congratulations! The best I've managed is 4,924, thanks to cheating using units like Fjorm, Dorcas, and Ayra. I won't be able to stay in tier 20, but I'm happy to have made it there at least!

I wanted to see if I could improve my score to stay in tier 20 this week because I got so close with my main team of Barst, Ike, and Soren (plus Fjorm for bonus). I was right at the threshold with a day to go. I swapped out Soren for Nowi, upgraded her weapon to +defense, sacrificed my only Seth for fortress defense, sacrificed a spare Deirdre for quick riposte 3, and promoted another Nowi for merge fodder. Thankfully she had enough SP to learn all the new skills. It paid off! I broke 5000 for the first time (5004) and I think that is enough to stay for this season. I had to fish a little for higher scores but it wasn't too bad. From what I've seen, my range is now 708-720. While fishing, I did catch a whale. 4 +10 Halloween Sakuras. Someone somewhere got 40+ Halloween Sakuras...

I just wanted one! Maybe that's where they all went.

Trying to upload pictures of Sakura emblem but there's a size upload limit. My phone takes huge screenshots, so I'll just upload one:Screenshot_2017-12-10-02-49-19.thumb.png.2d643cd0ede929f258133ba6b2d1ecec.png

Edited by Momentai~

30 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Fortress Def is only worth 160 SP. It isn't a good skill for Arena scoring.

Noooooooo! Poor Seth. He was 4 stars and -speed + HP so it wasn't too much of a loss. Thanks for letting me know. I might as well just switch to defense + 3 then. I don't have any better + defense skills and it looks like that's 180 points. I guess it's worth less than a +3 because it's only a net stat gain of +2.

2 minutes ago, Momentai~ said:

Noooooooo! Poor Seth. He was 4 stars and -speed + HP so it wasn't too much of a loss. Thanks for letting me know. I might as well just switch to defense + 3 then. I don't have any better + defense skills and it looks like that's 180 points. I guess it's worth less than a +3 because it's only a net stat gain of +2.

It still has it's uses for specific builds. It just isn't great for arena scoring. That's one of the reasons why I taught my Lukas Steady breath instead. Fury is definitely something you would rather have instead. As long as you are relying on Bonfire or Ignis proc for dealing damage, Fortress Def will work fine.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It still has it's uses for specific builds. It just isn't great for arena scoring. That's one of the reasons why I taught my Lukas Steady breath instead. Fury is definitely something you would rather have instead. As long as you are relying on Bonfire or Ignis proc for dealing damage, Fortress Def will work fine.

Got it, thanks again for the advice. I'm finding the - 3 attack to be too much of a hindrance on quick riposte Nowi even with her attack boon; it isn't worth the defense boost. Yeah, I'd much prefer steady breath or fury. I remember there was one brave bow brave Lyn that Nowi missed a one hit ko on by six HP. If she had fury or steady breath instead of fortress defense she would have gotten her in one regular hit or melted her with bonfire instead of getting one rounded. I'm saving orbs right now but here's hoping for some steady breath fodder down the line.

29 minutes ago, Momentai~ said:

Got it, thanks again for the advice. I'm finding the - 3 attack to be too much of a hindrance on quick riposte Nowi even with her attack boon; it isn't worth the defense boost. Yeah, I'd much prefer steady breath or fury. I remember there was one brave bow brave Lyn that Nowi missed a one hit ko on by six HP. If she had fury or steady breath instead of fortress defense she would have gotten her in one regular hit or melted her with bonfire instead of getting one rounded. I'm saving orbs right now but here's hoping for some steady breath fodder down the line.

I have a +10 Nowi who is +atk/-Hp. I run her with Rally Def/Res -  Aether - TA 3 - Bowbreaker 3 - Spur Def/Res 2, and I recently upgraded her Lightning Breath with +4 Res.

She can literally do anything except fight greens. TA 3 makes her invincible to reds. Bowbreaker allows her to remove those pesky Brave Lyns and Bridellias. And the Spur and Rally allows her to defensively support anyone in any situation. With the weapon upgrade she can actually tank Reinhardts now too, and it lets her run either Atk ploy 3 or Panic ploy 3 seals. Aether is just for higher Arena scores.

Was @MrSmokestack an Elise enthusiast?
Anyway, hello there:
Screenshot_20171210_193126.png

She barely not killed my Fjorm. Thank goodness for fort tiles!.. my deathless streak was still broken later.

I now routinely encounter 700 teams, and they all are horses. Come on, horses are already old news.

(If I manage to complete a streak with at least 700 per battle, it will be 4900! An admirable goal, for sure.)

Edited by Vaximillian