Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Was @MrSmokestack an Elise enthusiast?
Anyway, hello there:
Screenshot_20171210_193126.png

She barely not killed my Fjorm. Thank goodness for fort tiles!.. my deathless streak was still broken later.

I now routinely encounter 700 teams, and they all are horses. Come on, horses are already old news.

(If I manage to complete a streak with at least 700 per battle, it will be 4900! An admirable goal, for sure.)

She is so beautiful and cute.

I think I will just have to settle on Attack +3 and Speed +3 on my Elises for now. Why can they not make Atk/Spd 2 available on a 4* unit? That means I have to get 4 Nephenees just so I can have one copy to keep.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I have a +10 Nowi who is +atk/-Hp. I run her with Rally Def/Res -  Aether - TA 3 - Bowbreaker 3 - Spur Def/Res 2, and I recently upgraded her Lightning Breath with +4 Res.

She can literally do anything except fight greens. TA 3 makes her invincible to reds. Bowbreaker allows her to remove those pesky Brave Lyns and Bridellias. And the Spur and Rally allows her to defensively support anyone in any situation. With the weapon upgrade she can actually tank Reinhardts now too, and it lets her run either Atk ploy 3 or Panic ploy 3 seals. Aether is just for higher Arena scores.

Nice! I have a -HP +attack as well so I'll definitely try that out the next time I get another 4 star Roy. Her main issue right now is those aforementioned bow users so I'll probably swap in bowbreaker right now. 

On 12/9/2017 at 5:58 AM, mcsilas said:

Savage Blow surprisingly had good synergy with Fire Boost, maybe Hardy Bearing or Panic Ploy would be a better Sacred Seal for her.

HP +3 is there to bump up Fire Boost, though I'd personally go for another Savage Blow to stack with the C slot.

I got just barley edged out of staying in tier 20 last night and this morning I ended up with a misplaced over competitiveness and spent almost thirty dueling crests trying to get another deathless run after giving Seliph Aether. 

And I finally did it

image.png

Im like 89% sure this should keep me in 20. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@DarkLordIvy Good luck, that is a great score! I'm far from that range, first I have to merge a ranged unit. 

I'm near to drop out of top 3k in AA, I hope people will go easy on Monday. 

Top 3k? Damn, I'm almost going to drop out of top 5k with 4,940 score. It's so taxing to rerun AA for a better score with no rerolling individual battles.

My defense team is going nuts this week. I know it's partly the VG quests helping, but man, Brave Lyns really seem to hate my team

8d17e954ec.PNG

There's 2 more Lyns out of frame, and 2 B Cordelias as well. I've had a total of about 20 defenses so far. I had never even realized the list only shows 10 till I saw names getting bumped off. I wonder if they're getting memed on by Guidance seal + dancer.

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Top 3k? Damn, I'm almost going to drop out of top 5k with 4,940 score. It's so taxing to rerun AA for a better score with no rerolling individual battles.

[...]

I don't reroll in AA, I'm happy if I can do my deathless 7 streak for the week. My team is Cordelia +2, Olivia 4*+9, BH!Roy+3 and Cherche 4*+10. 

It's pretty close, I'm 2947th with a score of 4982. 

Since Olivia is a bonus unit this week, I could have done the same score in regular Arena theoretically, but it's kind of hard with only melee units and none of them being a tank/bait. 

Arena defense idea: Run 4 Elises with this ridickly skill-set:

Weapon: Gravity+ with Dazzling Staff built in

Support: Recover+ (Might unequip this actually, it's not optimal on a defense team w/retard AI)

Special: Heavenly Light

Slot B: Wrathful Staff

Slot C: Savage Blow 3

Seals: Savage Blow 3/Atk Ploy 3/Atk Smoke 3/Hone Spd 3

@XRay Can you build this team and report back on the results for us?

I just dropped out of top 3k in AA ... next week I won't even bother because I miss feathers for additional merges. 

13 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Support: Recover+ (Might unequip this actually, it's not optimal on a defense team w/retard AI)

As far as I remember, @XRay started to build something similar, but you'd need a bonus unit for full points. 

The inflation got out of control this week. Usually I can comfortably get in the top 5k in Arena Assault with a score of 4912 or a bit more. This week I scored 4930 and got kicked out of the top 5k. I guess I'll have to settle with until Fjorm stops being a bonus unit (not that this is going to stop those who use blessings for extra score)....At this point is merge or get out.

Hmm, I don't think the inflated scores are completely the fault of blessings/Fjorm.  I think another reason the score cutoffs are rising is because we're getting to a point where a lot of people have 5*ed all the units they wanted to, and now they're focusing on building up individual characters to +10.

18 hours ago, Alkaid said:

There's 2 more Lyns out of frame, and 2 B Cordelias as well. I've had a total of about 20 defenses so far. I had never even realized the list only shows 10 till I saw names getting bumped off. I wonder if they're getting memed on by Guidance seal + dancer.

Guidance is probably the cause.  I've almost lost (or lost) units due to forgetting that exists before.

Though do remember that the defense list is showing their lead unit, not their defense team's lead unit.

57 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Hmm, I don't think the inflated scores are completely the fault of blessings/Fjorm.  I think another reason the score cutoffs are rising is because we're getting to a point where a lot of people have 5*ed all the units they wanted to, and now they're focusing on building up individual characters to +10.

I agree with that to a point, but only for Arena (not Arena Assault).  Since there aren't bonus units in AA, it's more likely people just finalizing Fjorm and her place on their arena teams carrying over to AA.

For Arena, Fjorm is definitely part of it, but I know I bumped my score by about 30 to my new high of 4906 due to being able to use a 4-star+10 Olivia.  Refining her Wo Dao+ boosted that a little extra too.

Edited by GinRei

7 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

(Might unequip this actually, it's not optimal on a defense team w/retard AI)

No reason to do so because Elise cannot be counterattacked on her player phase and dies in one hit on her enemy phase, meaning she's either going to be at full health or dead.

Score time:

• Tier 20 score of 5076 (Nino +8 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal, Water Blessing; Nowi +10 with LB+Def, Distant Def 3 Seal; Tiki +5 with LB+Res, Hone Spd 3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1534 (/5158 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5072 (Nino +8 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal, Water Blessing; Nowi +10 with Distant Def 3 Seal; Tiki +5 with Hone Spd 3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1555

Picked up a pretty huge jump in score here, between the new Nino merge, replacing Eirika +1 with a Tiki +5, Water Blessing and Fjorm's insane point-min-maxy kit. Fjorm's worth enough as a +0 with her base kit that she outscores my point-slave Sheena +1, so is going to be my new AA fourth for the time being. Running into a wall again here, though, since if I want to increase my score, I have no more copies to merge, despite a ton of feathers in the bank so I could insta-promote if only I could get the copies. I supposed I could dump feathers into getting Nowi and/or Tiki Aether. If I'm super desperate after that, I guess there's also QR2 -> 3 for Nowi.

There's also building an AA point slave that will be worth more than Fjorm, but that will take a hefty chunk of feathers and the gacha, in its infinite trollness, has given me an equal amount of Draugs and Sheenas. Draug is still technically the safer bet because 3-4*, but Sheena's already +1 with a point-based skill set. It'd be cheaper, but riskier to build the latter (though she'd be worth slightly more due to being +Spd and the cheaper ability to grab a forged Slaying Axe+ over Draug needing to inherit a forgable 5* weapon). Decisions, decisions...

I guess one other thing of note is, I don't know if it's part score inflation or everyone just being more and more prepared for Horse Emblem, but my defense team (Nino, Rein, Xander, bonus) was starting to fall off in effectiveness. I did get one win somewhat early in the week and decided to experiment. I dropped Rein and Xander for Nowi and Tiki. Cue defense count explosion. Them dragons, man (and mine are even just TA3—not Steady Breath!).

21 hours ago, Alkaid said:

My defense team is going nuts this week. I know it's partly the VG quests helping, but man, Brave Lyns really seem to hate my team

Same; all my Arena defense wins this week are from Brave Lyn-led teams, with a score ~580.

Brave Lyn players very unhappy with me--that's ok, I'll still keep ORHOing that garbage.

I got to stay in tier 20 for the first time!

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Them dragons, man (and mine are even just TA3—not Steady Breath!).

I also noticed an explosion in defense wins when I swapped out one of my mainstays for a dragon. I had around 15 - 20 defense wins beforehand but after I changed out Soren for Nowi, I got about 10 more wins in a little over a day. I also got my highest defense score yet - 604.

Ranked up to 20 for the first time, and got enough Stones to upgrade Tobin's Armoursmasher so I could upgrade Ephraim's Siegmund.

I might actually be more excited about that second bit. I think I need more Dew than I need Stones.

10 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I just dropped out of top 3k in AA ... next week I won't even bother because I miss feathers for additional merges. 

As far as I remember, @XRay started to build something similar, but you'd need a bonus unit for full points. 

I will do 3 Elises and use Hone Cavalry. I am a bit low on Camilla fodder.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Same; all my Arena defense wins this week are from Brave Lyn-led teams, with a score ~580.

Brave Lyn players very unhappy with me--that's ok, I'll still keep ORHOing that garbage.

Feels good to see some horses in flames.