Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Back to tier 20. This week I got like 15+ defense wins again, seems Guidance+WoM is going as strong as always. 

I'm a bit down for the score inflation in AA but there's not a lot I can do there. Thankfully I got enough refinement stones to both create and upgrade my Clair's Slaying Lance+. I'll go +Res because I don't think +Mt is going to make her any favors. (41 Atk vs. 43 Atk is nothing)

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense score of 5110 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a Def score of 612 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

uCQR0ZG.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

CqNFAUU.png

I keep entering the merge level in the new "Blessing" column...ugh. That's going to take some adjustment time.

The defense win count exploded this week, likely due to the VG quests. It was sitting at 28 shortly after day change, I didn't see if it ended up getting to or above 30. Thus is the power of triple infantry mage (+Sharena).

I ended up splitting my Arena matches between an Ayra-focused team and the usual Celica/Tana/Julia/Sharena setup, because Guidance shenanigans are way too hilarious to pass up. Divine Naga was fun to play with too, especially with all the refined Lightning Breath+ running around.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I'm a bit down for the score inflation in AA but there's not a lot I can do there.

Ironically, the "just staying within top 10k" bracket feels to have deflated a little.  About the same score as last week (as I don't remember exact number), and I went from fearing a last minute tumble (around 9800 or so) to being around the 9k mark this week.

Season 45 (1.3.0 S30) Results:

Score: 5,006 (New Record!)
Defense: 600 (New Record!)

wE7JxjB.png

Changes from last week:

-Narcian got Quick Riposte 3
-Narcian got a +Spd forge on his Slaying Axe (Allows him to avoid the double by +10 +Spd Nino and a few others after a Hone buff)
-Hinoka got Swordbreaker 3
-Hinoka replaces Atk Smoke 3 seal with Close Def 3
-Caeda got R Tomebreaker 3

This week marks two big milestones in one for me.  I have broken the 5,000 score mark, and this will be the first time I’ve ever stayed in tier 20 after making it!  With all of Fjorm’s expensive skills, I saw my chance and fished for scores, something I haven’t done in a long time.  It was worth it, and I’ll try to keep it up next week.

There’s not a whole lot to say about Fjorm.  Her default kit is great for arena scoring, but it makes her an underwhelming combat unit.  She rarely saw combat this week, and was only there to provide Def/Res and Drive Atk support for the others.  I forgot about her Drive Atk a few times, including in this match that ultimately resulted in a loss:

MxeiSRt.png

I realized as soon as I decided to go suicide squad I could have killed her had I just moved Fjorm up...(facepalm)

Arena Assault:

jQrPjNP.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

jrlFEeg.png

31 effective Res is pretty impressive for Chrom, especially with all that Hp.

lRRA7vf.png

Saw some Clair showcasing earlier in this thread, and I thought this one was wild.

JjvSNSE.png

Usually if I encounter Gaius at all, he’s 4*+10.  This guy’s on another level.

vEJr114.png

Guess he’s not a big fan of the Wo Dao effect?

Of course, the real MVPs this week were the folks who put up these as their sole defender:

5B2VV1p.png

Thank you for making my life easy and saving me stamina.

Previous Season Results:

Finally collected my Arena rewards. It was kind of a close call getting back into tier 20. My 4884 score was about 10k/12k which is...a little scary. I have no idea what the very bottom of that tier was like. My AA score of 4950 also barely made it into the top 5k bracket. I think I was ranked 4500/5k. Whoa. This next week I might try to play with my team composition. I think my new goal overallis to break a score of 5000. But that means merges. I've got to start thinking about who's going to be my core team so I can start merging...

Soooo... Dragons are now really annoying to fight.  Ehehe.  :P:

Finished for the week already.  I like to do it early if I can.

Arena: 5046 

Arena Assault: 5054

---

Spoiler

6Ik8QT4h.png

I think that 728 team may be the highest (or tied with the highest) score I have seen so far... I admit I totally chickened out because it was my 6th fight in a row, and I didn't want to find out what kind of scary-ass horses were in that high-point team.  Especially with the two breakable walls map in our current rotation... I'm happy that I've been seeing a bit less of them lately, though. :):

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Finally collected my Arena rewards. It was kind of a close call getting back into tier 20. My 4884 score was about 10k/12k which is...a little scary. I have no idea what the very bottom of that tier was like. My AA score of 4950 also barely made it into the top 5k bracket. I think I was ranked 4500/5k. Whoa. This next week I might try to play with my team composition. I think my new goal overallis to break a score of 5000. But that means merges. I've got to start thinking about who's going to be my core team so I can start merging...

I also forgot to mention that I managed to end the season with 16 defense wins. I was running my gimmick Bae Emblem team of Raven, Merric, Lucius, and Joshua. XD IDK how. But my boys pulled through for me. 

Builds below:

Spoiler

Raven+2 (+SPD -RES) - Brave Axe+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten DEF 3, Squad Ace E 3
Lucius+2 (+ATK -HP) - Pain+ (Dazzling Staff), Physic+, Imbue, SPD+3, Wrathful Staff 3, ATK Ploy 3, Squad Ace D 3
Merric+7 (+SPD -RES) - Dark Excalibur, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Bowbreaker 3, Threaten ATK 3, Deflect Magic 3
Joshua+1 (Neutral) - Audhulma, Reposition, Moonbow, Close DEF 3, Renewal 2, Hone SPD 3, Close DEF 3 

I did it. I broke 4900. Praise Fjorm, our lady and saviour!.. but only reluctantly.
Screenshot_20171212_163222.png

Fjorm can tank and counterkill enemy Reinhardts. This is awesome.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @Arcanite @Rezzy @mcsilas @mampfoid

So many crests. Still worth it.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I did it. I broke 4900. Praise Fjorm, our lady and saviour!.. but only reluctantly.

Well damn congrats on that score!

Any defense wins yet?

(I never knew you could get points like that with cavalry)

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Any defense wins yet?

(I never knew you could get points like that with cavalry)

Nope, none yet. I’ll leave this team for a few days and will change it into my good old Sharena, Arvis, Ninian, CYL Ike if no success.

I was surprised too! My interval now apparently is 694~706.

And speaking of high scores, I just managed this, my first advanced 7-streak in the cursed mode:
Screenshot_20171212_180332.png

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Cool, congratulations! Beats my highscore from 2 weeks ago. Seems I have to try harder with my melee-team today. 

No idea what will be the minimum to enter tier 20 this week ... 

/Edit: I don't know why people keep losing to my arena offense team (BH!Roy, Cordelia, Cherche, Olivia), but I got already 3 defense wins. 

Edited by mampfoid

8 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Why do you have two water blessing units? I just received one water blessing?

You got a blessing for every Fjorm.

The free Fjorm came with a blessing, and every pulled Fjorm came with one too.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Congrats, hopefully getting into Tier 20 isn't too crazy this week.

Got the top rewards for Arena and AA again this week. Arena score is up to 5150+ and AA was around 5166. Usually I used Julia for a Reinhardt counter, but after upgrading Nowi's weapon with +Res she can do that too now. Plus I don't see many Reins lately. It's a vast majority of 1 range attackers and my Steady Breath, QR Lukas laughs at them.

I run +10 Nowi, +10 Lukas, +8 Ike and +7 Ayra. I was really surprised and happy to see Ayra in the bonus unit pool. I just wish I had Gotten Ike and/or Ayra t +10 when we had the Legendary hero banner. I thought I had an extra day...

I got a question for anyone with a good opinion/knowledge on the subject. I have enough Amelias to go to +5 right now and I'm hoping to get her to +10 when she comes back on another banner. I currently use a +Spd/-Hp variant with DC and Vantage, but I am heavily considering switching to a +Res/-Spd with DC,and QR.

+Res is +4 and thus gives her the highest potential BST for her and would allow her to be a really effective all around tank. Especially with full armor team buffs/wards. The +Spd however, has it's merits too as it makes her stoopid fast for an Armor.

These are her two best natures, imo, but I cant really decide which one I want to go with. Are there any specific match-ups I should know about? I'm leaning toward the +Res build as it fits my playstyle more.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

She tanks Nino too lol

Its amazing!

Congrats on your score~ My highest hasnt changed for now. You're finally catching up

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

*snip*

Nice! Fjorm has been the key to my decent scores as well. I'm still doing my runs for this season, but you just beat my last high score by exactly two points, so I'm gonna have to step it up this week!

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know why people keep losing to my arena offense team (BH!Roy, Cordelia, Cherche, Olivia), but I got already 3 defense wins. 

Heh, I asked myself a similar question last week, when my Clarisse-lead team got me 4 defense wins. Although she's backed up by Reinhardt, Dorcas, and Ninian, so that may help out a bit.