Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

5.014 Points in Arena Assault.
For one team I play Rhajat (Gronnowl) With her buff slaves. Two of these are Takumi and Oscar. I'm really glad about this team, because it is fun to play. 
I even upgraded Takumi's Fujin Yumi so that he can be a better slave for Rhajat. 
I'm still searching for her third slave. It should be a flier to help on terrains with mountains and water.

Now I really think that Owl tomes are underrated. If the team is build carefully around it this tome truly awakens it's potential. My Rhajat even survived 2 hits from Ryouma. Ok this was on a def tile, but still this is truly awesome. She also counters B!Lyn and Reinhardt easily. 
Can't wait for double spur seals, if they should come out.

Edited by Stroud

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yay! I now wonder how high the threshold into 20 will be this week…

should be around 4900s or something like that

45 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Based Nino

YEET

Nino 4eva

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Yay! I now wonder how high the threshold into 20 will be this week…

I can't imagine it'd be THAT different from last week.  I was somewhere around rank 5100 out of 12k or something with a 4906 score (approximately... I clearly cannot recall the specifics that well).  Saw someone else say they were around 10.5k out of 12k with a score in the 4860 area, but may be misremembering.

I love the off week! I can play arena with 2 or 3 deaths and not care one bit (damn you Reinhardt!). 

Luckily I already got 1 defense win so the only thing to do is try to increase my Arena Assault score and be done for the week.

....I......did......it...... 

MfSAUpY.png?1

This is my first deathless score in almost a month I think, but it shattered my original high score by almost 30 points. I also had the highest match-up I've ever gotten at 714. That team had a super 5*+10 Donnel. Props for the dedication. I saw someone mention giving Deflect Magic to Fjorm. Best idea ever. Fjorm can focus on Reinhardt while Merric focuses on Brave Lyn. Tiki does a good job handling the green mages while Ninian is actually a decent Ayra counter. She's running TA3 and the Close Defense seal. I also refined her weapon, so she's got 40 SPD and over 40 when she buffs herself.

Also, Merric is a true MVP. On my final run, I made a mistake and left him in range of an Elincia. I almost cried. She attacked him, but even with flier buffs, she wasn't fast enough to quad. She left him with one HP, and he destroyed her when I could counter. Dark Excalibur is great on this guy. His Bonfire HURTS.

RIP Weapon Triangle.

Spoiler

M6KuTFs.jpg?1

Vk8bg6P.jpg?1

I just ran into an Ayra running Slaying Edge+ [Spd] and Quickened Pulse (also Steady Breath and Wrath, I think).

Nothing beats the sound of Regnal Astra pinging for zero damage off of Nowi. Di-ding-ding-ding-ding.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Do you guys put your highest stat heroes in team 1? In my case that would be 4 x +10 merge heroes and I struggle in the later rounds for arena assault.

I put about x2 40 and a few smaller merged units in my team 1 to start this time and it is definitely manageable going deathless this route. It is taxing going deathless when every round is +10 merges for arena assault otherwise.

i9ihIgU.png?1

Oh hey look, it's a new personal best for me or something. I don't expect it to be enough for me to stay in Tier 20 for the first time, but I'd say it's at least somewhat impressive for a guy who adamantly refuses to spend feathers on merges (Effie there is only +1 for the record, and that was because I pulled a dup 5* of her). 

Also, since it's been a while since I've posted in this topic, God bless ToD!Henry. It feels so good to have someone who invalidates both Rein and B!Lyn (provided she isn't running Cancel Affinity of course) with ease.

Team Info for those who care

Spoiler

ToD!Henry (+Atk, -HP): Gronnraven+, Pivot, Iceberg, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Armor March 3, Distant Def 3, Water Blessing
Effie, +1 (+Def, -Spd): Silver Lance+ (refined to give +Def), Swap, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3, Hone Armor, Panic Ploy 3
Black Knight: Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Armor, Close Def 3
Fjorm (neutral): Leiptr, Draw Back, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Atk 2, Squad Ace E 3

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Come to think of it, why isn't Rhajat a bonus unit this season?

Dunno. Ayra wasn't a bonus hero during the same seasons the World of Holy War trio were, so this isn't exactly unprecedented. 

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

*sigh* I'll never make it to tier 20 at this rate. My team can't handle Brave Lyn or Ayra well. I should just give up hope....

Which team do you run? If you can separate Reinhardt and Lyn from their team mates, it's doable. 

Lyn always goes after my Cordelia (she has lower DEF than Cherche), so she is pretty predictable. Ayra dies to most magic (and to Cordelia, sometimes to BH!Roy). 

11 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

[...]

Heh, I asked myself a similar question last week, when my Clarisse-lead team got me 4 defense wins. Although she's backed up by Reinhardt, Dorcas, and Ninian, so that may help out a bit.

It's getting really strange, now I have 10 wins after one day... I'm beginning to doubt the sense of a dedicated defense team. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It's getting really strange, now I have 10 wins after one day... I'm beginning to doubt the sense of a dedicated defense team. 

Yeah, I've already got one win as well, which is more than I expected to have at this point. They have a CYL Lyn lead too, which impresses me. Sadly, I forgot that I need a bonus unit on the defense team for extra points, so I only got 288 from it. I guess I'll put in Ayra instead of Dorcas, I think that's what I did last week as well.

2 hours ago, Kaoxt said:

Do you guys put your highest stat heroes in team 1? In my case that would be 4 x +10 merge heroes and I struggle in the later rounds for arena assault.

I put about x2 40 and a few smaller merged units in my team 1 to start this time and it is definitely manageable going deathless this route. It is taxing going deathless when every round is +10 merges for arena assault otherwise.

I use my highest 5* merged units for the first map. two +10s a +8 and a +7. The later fights aren't so bad because you can view your opponents and build a perfect counter team. Having about 100 4* and 5* units trained up to choose from helps out.

Try to only use 1 or 2 of your best 5* units after the first map so you have more for later. 4* Gem weapon units like Arthur are great counters and can round out a team well. 4* Gordin with his base kit can be a good counter to flying units, etc. Save your dancers for when you really need them and definitely plan on using your items if you have to.

Sometimes you can get away with only using 1 or 2 defensive with healer support if there are defensive tiles.

4 hours ago, Kaoxt said:

yes i use the Team that gives me the highest amount of points for battle 1. Everything else later can pretty much in most cases be countered by a combination of units that run Triangle Adept/Gem Weapons/Breaker skills in combination, as you can built the Team to counter the oposing Team, but yeah some battles can become hairy lol

43 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ciarre @DarkLordIvy I met this special Soren in AA today. At first glance he seems to carry the Egg only for the goofy effect, but its +SPD refinement has synergy with Flashing Blade and Watersweep. 

Hide contents

8PMDBSa.png

1VTjR0f.png

Perhaps even @Vaximillian approves this usage of Bunnilla. 

"I use this egg only because it is the best plan from a tactical standpoint."

"...You don't even enjoy it a little bit?"