Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

21 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The way they decide bonus period for weird banner unit is just undefined lol

Not really, it will always be all units from the bi-weekly/seasonal banner + 2 of the free 12 rotation + the trio. The remaining 1 or 2 are pretty random.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Not really, it will always be all units from the bi-weekly/seasonal banner + 2 of the free 12 rotation + the trio. The remaining 1 or 2 are pretty random.

I mean weird banner units like Ayra and Rhajat. We only had 2 of them so far no?

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

ummm the same goes for all Firesweep weapons and Lyns B-Slot (for Distant Counter weapons). And those skills/weapon are supported by units that can reach 60+ attack and damaging specials while staff users have like a limited A-Slot ability and no damaging specials oO. How are staff users a greater fuck you to enemy phase teams then firesweep weapons and BLyns B-Slot?

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I never said they were?

Candlelight's AoE effect is probably the greatest fuck you to enemy phase teams. It can make any weapon a firesweep weapon.

As someone who focuses on killing stuff on the enemy phase, all of the no-counter weapons and skills are a pain for me. Staves are especially annoying to deal with lately. There are some speedy and bulky healers out there that can't be easily 1RKOed 

1 hour ago, GinRei said:

If anyone ends up facing one, I'd be interested in if it's my team or if someone else is crazy enough to use a Lyn Emblem defense team.

I haven’t met one yet, but will it be Lyn, bride Lyn, horse Lyn, and Gwendo-Lyn?

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@GuiltyLove @MrSmokestack Ask and you shall receive

THE LEGEND

THE GREATEST OF LYCIA
THE GOAT

vTHIahJ.png

PHYSICALLY DEFENSIVE ELIWOOD

ROiUcfM.png

Legends said @MrSmokestack apparently cringed when he heard "physically defensive" Eliwood

also after using her a bit i think Fjorn's great. Ice Mirror allows her to reliably take neutral color mage, and best off all

Spur attack seal and built in Drive Attack is an IMMACULATE combo. She lives up her role as a discount Camus

Ice Mirror is what Shield Pulse supported skill should be

dang son ur better than me :o

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I need to stop playing when I'm half asleep.  I got my streak broken on the parallel wall map.  I can't do math when I'm tired.

I play at my best when I’m half-asleep, oddly enough. Doing arena wide awake and in full tryhard mode is always a painful experience for some reason.

I wonder if having one season last for an entire month means anything. If there are only two characters or so each arena season that are randomly picked for bonus units, one of those might instead be whatever legendary hero represents the flavor of the month.

The main problem with that the bonus unit is essentially guaranteed and can inflate scores, especially when it’s someone like Fjorm and her point-friendly base kit. The other is whether we’ll be getting other legendary heroes for free or through special banners.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I play at my best when I’m half-asleep, oddly enough. Doing arena wide awake and in full tryhard mode is always a painful experience for some reason.

I wonder if having one season last for an entire month means anything. If there are only two characters or so each arena season that are randomly picked for bonus units, one of those might instead be whatever legendary hero represents the flavor of the month.

The main problem with that the bonus unit is essentially guaranteed and can inflate scores, especially when it’s someone like Fjorm and her point-friendly base kit. The other is whether we’ll be getting other legendary heroes for free or through special banners.

I'm a bit odd, I either do very well, or very badly when I'm half asleep.  I can either fire off a quick 7 streak or repeatedly fail.  Tonight was the latter.

I hate being tired when doing Arena Assault, since I have to think about team composition for each match, rather than go in with the same team every time.  If I have my 7 streak, I'll just do 3 easy battles then surrender the 4th.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Free Wargreymon when

Dang! I lost on the 6th match of my Arena Assault run. Guard Bow+ Faye is hella tanky, I kind of love that these upgraded weapons give birth to many new strategies yet I hate when said strategies are used against me. There's still quite a bit of time to complete a deathless run so no probs.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Ha, exactly same score this week. Must be a standard BH!Roy score. Too bad you can't stalk check your rank neighbors like in AA and VG.

6 hours ago, Poimagic said:

My only other merges units are a plus 3 Cherche, a +1 Roderick, and a +1 Hinoka.

If swapped in for BK+0, Cherche 5*+3 would lower your team score only by one (if equipped with +weapon, assist, special and 200SP passives). With Aether or Galeforce she would raise your team score by 0.5 in comparison. 

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Ha, exactly same score this week. Must be a standard BH!Roy score. Too bad you can't stalk check your rank neighbors like in AA and VG.

If swapped in for BK+0, Cherche 5*+3 would lower your team score only by one (if equipped with +weapon, assist, special and 200SP passives). With Aether or Galeforce she would raise your team score by 0.5 in comparison. 

Actually, I forgot to mention this, but Cherche is 4 star +3. Will that change anything drastically?

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, I forgot to mention this, but Cherche is 4 star +3. Will that change anything drastically?

Unfortunately lower rarity gets lower score. While Cherche 5*+3 (equipped with +weapon, assist, 200SP special and 200SP passives) would lower your team base score by 1 if switched in for BK, Cherche 4* +3 would lower your team base score by 5.5. 

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Hahahaha...I lost to a 5*+10 Serra, that's unbelievable, a fricken Serra. Never underestimate healers now (Wrys is a monster now).

Very true!  I remember losing a match (in other words, losing 1 unit) due to a very annoying Bride Lyn.

---

I've been getting way less defense wins the past few weeks.  I used to get 10+ on the regular, but now I'm only averaging 5-6 wins a week.  Also, they are usually in the low 600s now instead of the usual 590s.  Maybe giving Laslow Aether bumped my defense team to a place where people are less likely to lose to this team...  Or I'm getting matched up less.  I dunno. 

I won't switch anything around since more wins isn't really my goal.  I'm not using a dancer or horse unit on my defense team.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

3 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Very true!  I remember losing a match (in other words, losing 1 unit) due to a very annoying Bride Lyn.

---

I've been getting way less defense wins the past few weeks.  I used to get 10+ on the regular, but now I'm only averaging 5-6 wins a week.  Also, they are usually in the low 600s now instead of the usual 590s.  Maybe giving Laslow Aether and Rein another merge bumped my defense team to a place where people are less likely to lose to this team...  Or I'm getting matched up less.  I dunno. 

I won't switch anything around since more wins isn't really my goal.  I'm not using a dancer or horse unit on my defense team.

isnt Rein a horse unit tough? (i mean you said you gave Rein another merge).

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

isnt Rein a horse unit tough? (i mean you said you gave Rein another merge).

Oh d'oh!  Hahahah.  :P:  I did give Rein another merge for my offense team, but I forgot he's not on my defense team.  (I refuse to put him on my defense team anymore cause he's annoying to fight.)  Sorry for the confusion.  My defense team is Laz, F-Corrin, Brave Ike, and Fjorm.  I will edit that, thanks.

Maybe it's Fjorm that's boosting my defense score, then.  Usually my bonus unit is an Askr unit.  I also used Lute +1 as the bonus before Fjorm, and I think she was worth more points too... Less wins those weeks as well.  

Edited by Infinite Dreams

I got a defense win against someone who's username is Reinhardt (but written in katakana--clever disguise). However, Fjorm is their lead. Not sure if that's a trap team or not. XD But it feels nice that my boys thwarted them.

I did! Finally I got my deathless AA run. 4958, I don't know if that's anywhere close to staying in the top 5k but I hope it is.

Making my Eirika a 5*+5 opened the world of +10 horses in the few 710-716 matches I got....Now I get the need of making like 7 Gronnraven+ mages to kill those Reinhardt/Lyn combos, so annoying.

I feel so disheartened that I spent 20 dueling swords to get a perfect score, only to have a unit die on the very last battle. Everything was going so well until a unit on the enemy side used Wings of Mercy. 

OKay, if I didn't manage to got a deathless run last season, this time, that went smoothly. Encounter just one Horse Emblem, plus one half-Horse Emblem, and... these two on the maps with breakable walls like a chessplate. Best map ever to bait them.

4852 points, I think I'll be back to rank 19 without any problem.

Team :

Spoiler

603012Arena67.png

Edited by Ledrert