Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

i think i just got pushed out of the top 1000 from Arena Assault in the last minute, but i am not sure ¬.¬ (i was at rank 1000 exactly when i checked 10 min beforehand) i was at rank 750ish this morning ._.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

use him as fodder for your desperation gronnblade Nino Brazen Atk/Spd ahoi on your Nino

That's... actually kind of tempting. But I don't know if I really want to lose the bulk  or the starting extra 3 Atk and Spd from Fury 3, since I do bait with Nino a fair amount (granted, I no longer have to do green vs green with Tiki in the picture). I'm also hesitant because not only is this Robin a pretty good nature, but he's also my only copy and my only armour with Armor March. >.>

Season 46 (1.3.0 S31) Results:

Score: 5,016 (New Record!)
Defense: 600

mmYCvfp.png

Changes from last week:

-Caeda got another merge (+3 to +4)

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I burned through over 100 dueling crests fishing for scores this week.  Either I kept getting low-balled, or something would go wrong on the 5th or 6th battle.  I had a big stockpile so it didn't matter much, but boy was it frustrating.  No Fjorm and a bunch of high BST armors as bonus units next cycle means I'm going to relax and allow myself to fall back to 19.

Arena Assault:

DliHJnQ.png

Looks like the same score doesn't cut it any more for top 3K.  Hopefully I get better scores next week.

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

oeKhlGR.png

It's the Christmas season, so why not a christmas cavalier?

t1zLaTb.png

I think this is the first time I've seen the Bouquet used in the Arena.  Even all the B!Caedas I find all have it replaced with Blarblade.  Probably better not to look too deeply into this.

Previous Season Results:

Edited by DLNarshen

Offense score of 5168 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a Def score of 614 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

OUvddgw.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

1mNZJ1a.png

Streak was obtained with Ayra, Azura, Faye, and...Summer Corrin, I think. After that, I went back to Celica, Tana, Julia, and Sharena (a.k.a. the team where Julia carries almost every map). Triple infantry mage put together another strong defensive performance with 28. Minerva in the next bonus rotation makes it really tempting to skip my Nino core and go straight to Flier Emblem, so I'll probably end up doing that.

[modmerge] Fun Fact: Shield Pulse's flat mitigation happens after any %-based mitigation, despite the fact that (as an example) Deflect Magic mitigation happens after Holy Vestments/Sacred Cowl/Aegis/Ice Mirror.

Edited by Specta

Oh god, I love the way people are using CC on their defense teams.

CC B!Lyn, CC B!Cordelia, CC random shit that gets nothing, NOTHING, from being able to counter melees, because they have 0 physical bulk.

Hahahaha.

Seriously, Christmas Tharja's default set is one of the most difficult defense sets to beat, thanks to her sheer bulk and OHKO potential, but they give that up to gimp their glass cannons.

Weird, I only faced one Christmas!Tharja and she was defeated by one Iceberg from Delthea... on a defense tile.

My main problem is Sigurd and Reinhardt combo. It was such a stupid battle because the only unit that survived the entire ordeal was my Chrom. He had 1 HP at the end, smh.

Got pushed out of the top 5k in AA this week. XD 4946 was quite enough. And I got pushed out of tier 20 as expected. Still got a crap-ton of rewards though, so I'm not complaining. However, with all the new armors, I'm wondering how difficult it's going to be to stay in even tier 19....

I was dreading this week because I decided to take Ninian off of my Arena team, so it was my first time in a while not running a dancer. My +1 Minerva replaced Ninian...and somehow I managed a deathless streak my first first go. Current score is 4940 which isn't bad...

I'm traveling home for the holidays, so I wanna try to get all of my Arena stuff out of the way ASAP. I'll probably try another AA run as soon as I get some more packing finished...

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Got pushed out of the top 5k in AA this week. XD 4946 was quite enough. And I got pushed out of tier 20 as expected. Still got a crap-ton of rewards though, so I'm not complaining. However, with all the new armors, I'm wondering how difficult it's going to be to stay in even tier 19....

I was dreading this week because I decided to take Ninian off of my Arena team, so it was my first time in a while not running a dancer. My +1 Minerva replaced Ninian...and somehow I managed a deathless streak my first first go. Current score is 4940 which isn't bad...

I'm traveling home for the holidays, so I wanna try to get all of my Arena stuff out of the way ASAP. I'll probably try another AA run as soon as I get some more packing finished...

It'll probably be a bit easier. My fully kitted Robin is scoring about 4 points less per match than default Fjorm was. Which makes sense because he's -440 SP compared to her, despite the BST advantage.

So had been a while since I properly attempted the Arena so had dropped down alot of places, finished off this past season and managed to sneak into Tier 19, Thanks to the bonus unit of Ephraim which I had, I swapped out Azura for Ephraim and ran him with Tharja/Klein/Julia ended with a score of 4790, looking at the current bonus units I dont fancy my chances, but I'm well pleased at reaching tier 19 as F2P

31 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So had been a while since I properly attempted the Arena so had dropped down alot of places, finished off this past season and managed to sneak into Tier 19, Thanks to the bonus unit of Ephraim which I had, I swapped out Azura for Ephraim and ran him with Tharja/Klein/Julia ended with a score of 4790, looking at the current bonus units I dont fancy my chances, but I'm well pleased at reaching tier 19 as F2P

As a F2P player, getting into tier 19 in sort of easy. Tier 20 is the real challenge.

I decided to 5* Stahl as my bonus unit this week.  I figure he'll be a bonus unit again eventually, so more horses is always nice.  I did my 3 freebie matches and will wait until at least tomorrow to finish it out.  I'm in Tier 20 this week and staying in might be beyond my score range, with all the bonus armor units this week.

I got my Deathless Arena Assault on my first try this week.  So I don't have to worry about that, unless I try to minmax my score a bit more.

For now I got 1 defense win so that's out of the way.

I might try to finish my deathless AA and normal Arena runs tomorrow if nothing makes me busy, but there's no need to rush. After all I've decided to save a lot of crests to stay safe when the scores increase to the point where I'll need to fish to keep going back to tier 20 every other week.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I decided to 5* Stahl as my bonus unit this week.  I figure he'll be a bonus unit again eventually, so more horses is always nice.

He's a Hero Battle hero, so he'll definitely be a bonus unit again. It's just that it'll take about three months for him to be one again.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He's a Hero Battle hero, so he'll definitely be a bonus unit again. It's just that it'll take about three months for him to be one again.

True, but I also have Gunter and Cecilia 5*d, too, so I should be able to use Horse Emblem at least half the time, now.

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

This is odd. My Ike is for some reason scoring more than my Black Knight. Sadly, if I replace Black Knight, C!Robin's armor march is useless.

Is he merged?  Also Aether gives a big boost to SP total, plus any other high cost skills Ike might have.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

True, but I also have Gunter and Cecilia 5*d, too, so I should be able to use Horse Emblem at least half the time, now.

You're guaranteed to have a little more than a month of having a horse bonus unit then, since Stahl is followed by Gunter in the rotation while Gunter is followed by Cecilia.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

You're guaranteed to have a little more than a month of having a horse bonus unit then, since Stahl is followed by Gunter in the rotation while Gunter is followed by Cecilia.

Goodie!  The 4th unit on my team is usually just a warm body anyway, since Titania-Ursula-Xander can handle just about everything.  The 4th being a horse pretty much just means that all three of my core get access to both Hone and Fortify Cavalry.

I thought about 5*ing Berkut instead, but he's kinda cruddy, even compared to Stahl, which is sad, and Stahl has the benefit of being in the rotation.