Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

No, I don't like armors very much. I'll give Cordelia a merge every now and then. After that I'll start to merge a green unit. 

@Rezzy it seems everybody is +10ish. Pretty expensive way to solve that map. 

Are you referring to the Oliver map?

Although in Arena, it seems like you might need all +10s to stay in Tier 20.  Even with my +10 Titania and +8 Eldigan, I'm on the cusp of falling out of Tier 20.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are you referring to the Oliver map?

Although in Arena, it seems like you might need all +10s to stay in Tier 20.  Even with my +10 Titania and +8 Eldigan, I'm on the cusp of falling out of Tier 20.

Yep, I mixed the Topics up, sorry. 

With some fishing a 4980 score would be possible for me with a 4*+10 unit (Galeforce Cherche), a 5*+4 (BH!Roy) and a 5*+5 (Cordelia), the bonus unit is 5*+0 (Airzura). Getting merges is a slow process for me, especially with so many parallel projects. With the current score inflation, I'll probably never be able to stay in tier 20 for once. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Yep, I mixed the Topics up, sorry. 

With some fishing a 4980 score would be possible for me with a 4*+10 unit (Galeforce Cherche), a 5*+4 (BH!Roy) and a 5*+5 (Cordelia), the bonus unit is 5*+0 (Airzura). Getting merges is a slow process for me, especially with so many parallel projects. With the current score inflation, I'll probably never be able to stay in tier 20 for once. 

I managed to stay in Tier 20 for a few weeks, but depending on the bonus characters, I sometimes don't have enough merges to stay in.  Having two highly merged characters and still getting booted out doesn't bode well for my future in Arena.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I managed to stay in Tier 20 for a few weeks, but depending on the bonus characters, I sometimes don't have enough merges to stay in.  Having two highly merged characters and still getting booted out doesn't bode well for my future in Arena.

I made Stahl, Olivia and Sophia 4*+10 to have at least 50% of the time a bonus unit with some merges. Sophia and Stahl are missing some skills and a + weapon though. Also I switched Sophia out for Airzura this season, because I had trouble to get a deathless streak. 

No Matthew or Ayra so my hero team is out. I can either promote and build my +ATK/-RES Chrom, promote my +ATK/-RES Fae and run a 3 Dragons + Healer (or Ninian) team or just be lazy and use Fjorm.

Chrom is a unit I want to +10, but Fae's a good and permanent Rein counter for all future AA's. Fjorm is free and I can save for a Matthew merge when I pull him again. Hm. Options aplenty.

Edited by Zeo

No matter how hard IS try, I will never replace Cecilia with Gunnthra. Never!

The crazy thing making the Hero Battle units a single rotation is that they'll now be a bonus unit on average twice a year. *Twice*.

And of course Fjorm being back means point inflation to get back into T20 next week, so I'll probably have to field my own Fjorm.

If I were an optimist, I'd say it's a temporary removal in order to introduce the new ultimate versions of the Askr trio as Legendary Heroes on the anniversary as a free upgrade and that Megalfonse will restart the rotation. But I'm not an optimist.

No Sharena this coming season huh...I wonder if Fjorm is just joining the rotation. If so, I guess I could make another Arena team for her to live on. Anyway, I suppose it’s Fae time. She’ll probably fit in on the team with Celica, Julia, and Tana. I hope.

wtf, why is Gunnthra still not a bonus unit?!?!?!

My +10 gunnthra is waiting for her debut as a bonus unit. The team gets allready alot of def wins but would be nicer with bonus points!!!

Also this confirms that the Askr trio will get the Legend hero treatment with a class upgrade on the anniversary and Gunnthra will be added when chapter 3 comes out with her as a free unit...

just guesses!

I just realized I should seriously put Sanaki on my defense team this season (replacing Bride Cordelia) because the rest of my team is all fliers.

I guess it's time to start building her (and to find one more weapon to refine to get the last 50 gold leaves to refine Cymbeline).

Now that I think about it, how does an Airzura+2 with an active Water Blessing compare against Hector+0 score wise? I only use Hector to kill Reinhardt and I can gear Fjorm to do that while giving myself an easier time thanks to dancer utility and buffing Clair to make her terrifying. 

Oh. Fjorm is a bonus unit... Well, she'll boost my score, but I was wanting to use Micaiah. I guess I'll do my deathless run with Merric, Raven, Fjorm, and Adult Tiki to see how high I can get my score and then switch out for Micaiah so she can murder all the horses and armors!!!

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Fjorm joining the Askir rotation is kind of logical, but 1 instead of 2 Hero Battle units per season is kind of bad. Look forward to the Wrys/Lissa/Felicia weeks. 

It is though? I would have thought she'd make more sense as a Legendary Heroes rotation with Gunnthra and whoever is added in the future. However this rotation would get unreasonably long as more Legendary Heroes are added. This is why maybe I could see there being two bonus unit slots eventually for them, and the starter trio earning Legendary status to integrate alongside them.

The net effect would be to return to three fixed rotational bonus slots, except rather than one Askrian and two HB units, it'd be two Legendaries and one HB unit. This'd be a few months off though, so a transitional arrangement for now is reasonable enough.

55 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It is though? I would have thought she'd make more sense as a Legendary Heroes rotation with Gunnthra and whoever is added in the future. However this rotation would get unreasonably long as more Legendary Heroes are added. This is why maybe I could see there being two bonus unit slots eventually for them, and the starter trio earning Legendary status to integrate alongside them.

The net effect would be to return to three fixed rotational bonus slots, except rather than one Askrian and two HB units, it'd be two Legendaries and one HB unit. This'd be a few months off though, so a transitional arrangement for now is reasonable enough.

I didn't mean to mix up Askir and legendary Heroes in general. Fjorm is practically the starter unit for Book II as were Anna, Sharena and Alfonse for Book I. 

(I'm not counting Matthew, Virion and Raigh because of the lack of unique weapons). 

The other legendary units are worse 5* exclusives if they are not added to the regular pool. Of course they shouldn't rotate with Askir/Fjorm.