Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Obviously everyone will be using Oliver, the most beautiful being for the contest.... what?.... oh, it's about being a good unit to beat other strong units?.... well, screw that then.

Interesting change of things. Not sure if I like it yet and if it is permanent. While next week is optimal (and I won't even have to move a finger for my defense team), I could feel sad if my +10 5* Olivia gets used only half as often as before (rotating would take quite a while, and it is already rather slow). I'll be depending on other weekly picks I guess.

This also dampers my wish to 5* more of the daily units, besides Sophia maybe at some point, for being a great Ravenwall.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K
Why did I call her Sophitia?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they’ve just added Fjorm to the Askr trio rotation, and unless the other legendary hero gets released F2P, I don’t think they’ll enter in this rotation. 

However, the lack of one of the two HB units means that you need to have Alfonse/Sharena/Anna/Fjorm completely built. 

Could anyone give me an idea of how to build Anna without distant counter? xd

I FINALLY BROKE 5K IN ARENA ASSAULT!!!! I decided to go back after my single death run and see if I could do better. (Plus I really wanted to get back into the 3001-5000 reward bracket. Used one item and managed to do it!! This is the highest score I've ever gotten period! Maybe, just maybe I'll be able to do this well in the actual Arena next season. 

Micaiah is the real MVP. I was facing a +10 Brave Bow Brave Lyn on the final map, and she was next to a dancer, so I knew I'd need to bait and finish her off or else things could get messy... Double Distant Defense +DEF Bowbreaker Micaiah obliterated her and took very little damage. (Yay defense tiles and Sothe S-Supports!) The rest of the team fell EASILY. 

LV42TO6.png?1

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

I think they’ve just added Fjorm to the Askr trio rotation, and unless the other legendary hero gets released F2P, I don’t think they’ll enter in this rotation. 

However, the lack of one of the two HB units means that you need to have Alfonse/Sharena/Anna/Fjorm completely built. 

Fury Desperation has been working good for me. Low health is great so she can teleport. 

Also semi-heals with Reciprocal Aid.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Fury Desperation has been working good for me. Low health is great so she can teleport. 

Also semi-heals with Reciprocal Aid.

Seconding this, though I use Reposition instead of Reciprocal Aid. I use Reprisal as her special, but after throwing her into the fray a bunch, I feeling Moonbow's consistency would almost be preferable.

Well, 5000 points is no longer high enough to stay in Tier 20.  I guess it's going to be me going back between Tiers 19 and 20 again.  And it's a very odd situation.  I have been easily getting into Tier 20, but then it's impossible to stay.  I've been around top 100 when in Tier 19, but then barely squeezed out of Tier 20.

EDIT: Why is Cecilia not a bonus unit tomorrow?  I was looking forward to using her on my team.

Edited by Rezzy

I don't think the effort to stay in T20 isn't worth it. I'll try if one of the bonus units is in my core group, but otherwise, nah. Easier to not care about it when you remind yourself that it's only 500 feathers a week, or 20,000 over 40 weeks.

9 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I think the Legendary Heros will be F2P that we will get through the Book II

4 Nations:
Nifl (theme seems to be Water/ice): Fjorm (Water), Gunnthra (Wind), ???(Earth) - There cant be any Fire Legendary hero from Nifl
Muspel (them seems to be Fire): Loki (Wind), Leaviatane (Fire), Surtr (Earth) or ??? (Earth) - There cant be any Water Legendary hero from Uspel
Askr (maybe Wind theme): Aflonse (Fire), Sharena (Water), Anna (Wind) - (There cant be any Earth hero)
Embla (maybe Earth themed): Veronica (Earth), Bruno (Wind), ??? (Fire)

At least thats what i think, or they will just go a total different route!

Well, if they’re F2P, then I have no problem with it. 

Currently at rank 9348, the cut for enter in Tier 20 is 12241. I have 4878 points, and I don’t think I can do it better, so it’s gonna be a loooong hour and a bit until Arena closes 

Score time.

• Tier 20 score of 5060 (Nowi +10 with forged LB+, DD3 Seal; Nino +9 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Adult Tiki +6 with forged LB+ and Hone Spd 3 Seal; Alfonse with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1898 (/5261 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5088 (Nowi +10 with forged LB+, DD3 Seal; Nino +9 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Adult Tiki +6 with forged LB+ and Hone Spd 3 Seal; Draug +6 with forged Wo Dao, Blazing Wind and Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1627

So begins the journey of Draug to +10. I've gone from needing more copies of stuff to needing more feathers again, so I guess that's a bit of a relief. Was getting nervous sitting on my stockpile, thinking the gacha was just gonna keep screwing me over. I've got enough Draugs to merge him to +9 at the moment, plus I could also apply Aether and a couple more skills could be upgrade from 200 to 240 SP. I'm a little disappointed that +6 only outscores Fjorm +1 by a little over 2 points per match, but it's still something, especially considering Fjorm's a crazy point wagon and Draug isn't complete. Shout-outs to his absurd 49 Def and 58 HP after forge, though. I also got another copy of Tiki, so she's now +7, but the scores I got were from runs where she was still +6.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:53 PM, tobuShogi said:

What's your usual score range with that team? Do you need to fish for higher scores at all?

My base is 694 (usually, the exception being the weeks when I get to use a non-Askr Trio member that I've trained up like Olivia), with top end of the score being somewhere in the mid 700s (I think it's 704, but might be a super rare 706).  I usually have enough spare matches each day that I can afford to fish for 698, but I can usually still make it as long as I just don't take any below 696.

So Tier 20 again. For this week, my only goal is to get a score over 4000 (which means I can get a few deaths in my run), as I’m not gonna stay in Tier 20 anyways, this is a week to relax ~~

Also, the feathers just received have been used to finally 5*ing Clarisse :D

Tier 20 --> Tier 19

This week, I gave Merric another merge (his base is now +ATK -HP and he's +8). I also sacrificed an Ike to give him Aether and a Tailtiu to give him Rally SPD/RES and Drive SPD. So my score was a bit higher than usual: 4954. Since Fjorm is a bonus unit, I'm thinking I'll run my +8 Merric, +4 Raven with refined Slaying Edge, +2 Adult Tiki, and Fjorm. I don't know if that'll be enough to break 5000, but I'm at least getting closer to that goal. After I get my streak, I'm switching to Micaiah for the horse murdering schenanigans.

Back to tier 19. Next week is going to be a chore considering that I'll have to focus on Arena, AA and TT. The good news is that I finally maxed the Heavy Blade seal (it would've been the Speed+3 one but badges say that's not gonna happen anytime soon) which means that the Hana merge project is going to start.

Anyways, I got about 6 defense wins this week, not a lot but it seems my defense team can hold their own for a while.

Season 50 (1.3.0 S35) Results:

Score: 4,984
Defense: 598

sJFvxd4.png

No changes this week.  I'll miss using Genny, but also looking forward to using Fjorm again. 

Arena Assault:

haErO6q.png

I was actually somewhat surprised that my score slipped out of the top 3K.  It seems at this level every extra point matters, as last week my score was only 8 points higher, but was good for over 500 ranks.

Previous Season Results:

Offense score of 5120 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 612 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

lBKt0oE.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

QXmowHY.png

Well, four straight weeks of Flier Emblem was quite fun. I'll probably roll with Celica, Tana, Julia, and Fae for the next couple weeks, but I'll have to see how things go without Sharena's stellar supporting capabilities. If it doesn't end up working out I'll probably end up putting a new team together, likely using Fjorm.

The QR seal hype got to me really hard. I finished my deathless AA run first try! 4950...I'm not sure if that's good enough for the top 5k but hey, it's a nice score. 

Now to finish normal arena!

Got this stuff out of the way so I can focus on the Tempest Trials.  

The regular arena was so easy for me this week.  I really dig these new maps!  

As usual, AA took several tries.  It's a bit of a pain lately.  I have to focus too much for my liking, hahaha. :XD:

Arena Team: Laslow +10, Rein +9, Inigo +4, and Fjorm +1.

sEVMwAkl.png

iyix83cl.png

I need to rerun Arena Assault, lost 2 units and ended up with 5080~points -_-. That one new map with the bridges and the defensiv tiles in the middle is shit ¬.¬
Need to save my fliers for that stuff, because the oposing mages and cavaliers could attack from any angle lulz

20 hours ago, GinRei said:

My base is 694 (usually, the exception being the weeks when I get to use a non-Askr Trio member that I've trained up like Olivia), with top end of the score being somewhere in the mid 700s (I think it's 704, but might be a super rare 706).  I usually have enough spare matches each day that I can afford to fish for 698, but I can usually still make it as long as I just don't take any below 696.

I usually get ~686 but I think the lowest I've seen is 682 and highest might be in the latter ends of 690s with my team of non merges. I don't know if I'm desperate enough to put Aether or AoE specials for points.   

Arena done, 5070 points this time. A.Tiki, Sheena, Gwendolyn and Zelgius. 
Arena has never been so easy. Now that A.Tiki has enough attack (61), she can life without S-Support and Sheena can have S-Support.
I really think A.Tiki on full attack is underappreciated. At least if you are on Reinhardt/B!Lyn range, she can K.O. Reinhardt on player phase, and 1 Hit B!Lyn on enemy phase, she also does not need T.A. for Julia. 

Edited by Stroud