Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

On this topic, I am torn between feeding my 7 extra Hectors for DC (5 of them are pity breakers) or just merging him. My units are good enough to not need DC but the extra arena points will help me stay in 1k AA.

I find Distant Counter too valuable to merge my Hectors. Until we get a more accessible source of Distant Counter, Hector is one of the few 5-star exclusive characters I will not merge.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time reaching 5k+ score on the arena is so nice. I will probably end up being demoted again but it was fun anyway.

Team:

ToD! Nowi +3 [ +Atk, -Def], Water Blessing

( Rauðrblade+ , Reposition, Growin Wind, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Fliers , Squad Ace 3 Seal)

Camilla +2 [ +Atk, -Def], Summoner Support S, Water Blessing

(Slaying Axe+ Spd Ref, Reposition, Galeforce, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Hone Fliers, Heavy Blade 3 Seal)

Nowi +3 [ +Spd, -Hp ]

(Lightning Breath+ Spd Ref, Swap, Aether, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Speed 3, Speed 3 Seal)

Fjorm +0 [ Neutral ]

( Default , Deflect Magic 3)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180119-023227.png

Edited by !Skydiver

9 hours ago, Clogon said:

On this topic, I am torn between feeding my 7 extra Hectors for DC (5 of them are pity breakers) or just merging him. My units are good enough to not need DC but the extra arena points will help me stay in 1k AA.

Unless you're already running four super armours for your initial AA team, with that many copies, I'd probably say run the merged Hector.

8 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

After the disastrous bonus unit rotation from last week, I kinda lost track of the threshold for staying in T20. I may have to redo my run if 5040 is not enough, yet. How high was it last time? 

For a normal week, I'd say 5040 should be more than enough. around 5060 had me around the halfway-to-the-top point last week. However, since this is hyper-inflated Fjorm + Water Season week, any stats from last week are probably going out the window. What does 5040 currently place you at?

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Unless you're already running four super armours for your initial AA team, with that many copies, I'd probably say run the merged Hector.

For a normal week, I'd say 5040 should be more than enough. around 5060 had me around the halfway-to-the-top point last week. However, since this is hyper-inflated Fjorm + Water Season week, any stats from last week are probably going out the window. What does 5040 currently place you at?

Right now I'm at 3495 of 4987.

7 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I already have a few high merged dragons. A +7 hector won't be increasing my points. Unless he is +8 or higher, he won't help me with scoring. I might or might not get any other Hectors. As @Ice Dragon stated, DC is a very valuable skill. On someone with a 400SP PRF or unique 300SP B skill, it gives 1 extra point.

My conundrum is that I want to merge him because he deserves it and I might be able to +10 him but DC is a very valuable skill and I most likely won't get enough to +10 him.

Edited by Clogon

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Are defense battle record alright? New tiles nerf horse emblem a lot sure, but I have hard time believe it would drop from around fifteen victories to zero...

actually the tiles make horsies verybad as a defense team. vouple that with the fact that micaiah abolishes them and yeah. 

you can safely bait now one horse unit after another and kill them np. thats due to the new tiles

I was literally in the process of writing a post about having trouble getting a defense this week, and I got one. I tried my usual team + Fjorm, armors, fliers, and more. Looks like putting back my usual team and just switching Ayra to the front instead of Fjorm was what I needed..

Complaining on forums always works.

20 hours ago, Clogon said:

I already have a few high merged dragons. A +7 hector won't be increasing my points. Unless he is +8 or higher, he won't help me with scoring. I might or might not get any other Hectors. As @Ice Dragon stated, DC is a very valuable skill. On someone with a 400SP PRF or unique 300SP B skill, it gives 1 extra point.

My conundrum is that I want to merge him because he deserves it and I might be able to +10 him but DC is a very valuable skill and I most likely won't get enough to +10 him.

Ah, yeah, in that situation, I'd use him for Distant Counter, then, though I'm a bit of a cheapskate pragmatist and wouldn't really approach it with the "Hector deserves it" angle, so take that with a grain of salt.

8 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Are defense battle record alright? New tiles nerf horse emblem a lot sure, but I have hard time believe it would drop from around fifteen victories to zero...

My horses had major problems getting more than 2-3 wins as of a couple months ago, then had a week with zero, which is the point at which I benched them and started fielding my dragons.

My new half armour arena team scores far better than my previous teams bit it is a shame to see I can't break 5k with it on the plus side alot of people are losing to it 

11 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

actually the tiles make horsies verybad as a defense team. vouple that with the fact that micaiah abolishes them and yeah. 

you can safely bait now one horse unit after another and kill them np. thats due to the new tiles

Bonus unit + 3 horses somehow got me 21 defense wins so far this week (a massive record high for me); highest score of 596. I don't even know how they've managed.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

My horses had major problems getting more than 2-3 wins as of a couple months ago, then had a week with zero, which is the point at which I benched them and started fielding my dragons.

How does your Dragon team do?  I switched to a Flier team + Bonus for my defense, since Horse Emblem doesn't work in the AI's hands anymore.  I got two wins this week, but would like to make something more reliable after I had gotten used to 10+ wins every week back in the hay day of Horse Emblem.

Had to work for my defense win. I gave in and fed my 2nd last Zephiel to Hector (take that Zephiel!) just to try out the Wary Fighter plus QR seal combo.

Finally got one, but not sure if he was the reason or because I used my normal armour team (Henry, BK, Hector) plus Fjorm. 

That said horsies still annoying if you get them in the wrong map, like the lava map when you use armours :( (I wish my Hector had Vantage again in that map)

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How does your Dragon team do?  I switched to a Flier team + Bonus for my defense, since Horse Emblem doesn't work in the AI's hands anymore.  I got two wins this week, but would like to make something more reliable after I had gotten used to 10+ wins every week back in the hay day of Horse Emblem.

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I was literally in the process of writing a post about having trouble getting a defense this week, and I got one. I tried my usual team + Fjorm, armors, fliers, and more. Looks like putting back my usual team and just switching Ayra to the front instead of Fjorm was what I needed..

Complaining on forums always works.

Cherche, BH!Roy, Cordelia + bonus is getting me constantly 20+ defense wins since some weeks. Whyever ... 

I've been having issues with defensive wins these past couple weeks. In addition it looks like the floor to stay in the 18-20 range which I never really had an issue staying in has just gone up higher than I can keep up. Looks like outside my armor team I just don't have enough scoring potential since may matches are around 690. Which apparently is just short of getting 4 orbs. That said it isn't uncommon for my run to just miss being deathless. I lack a good dragon counter due to their defense targeting trick. Dierdre dies horrifically to dragons now. Actually it is really only Nowi that is a problem. Divine Naga could really use a 'ignore dragonstone defense targeting rules' refinement option these days. Though maybe that is only the case for me because my Deirdre is -ATK.

Also before this season I did not know that Chilling Seal would effect multiple people. I really hate that skill.

I hate how 4,876 isn't even enough to reach tier 20 now, when a few months back I could get in with 4,830+ 

BST boosted Armours were a mistake 

I've been using refined Lightning breath Y!Tiki and double QR+wary fighter Hector with Ninian and Fjorm on defense and its gotten me 2 victories so far. Haven't used Lyn and Rein on my defense teams in a while.

Edited by Korath88

Fell out of the top 5k in AA again...I'll have to see if Eirika+6 increases my score enough to give it another shot but I'm not to hopeful about that. 

In normal arena I have 4 defense wins (2 against Ikes and 1 against a Xander and the last one against a Sanaki, reds must hate my team).

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cherche, BH!Roy, Cordelia + bonus is getting me constantly 20+ defense wins since some weeks. Whyever ... 

How many merges do you have across your team? I'm wondering if maybe it's in part that I have no or hardly any on merges on my units besides Cordelia (who's merely +4..), so maybe not many people are fighting my teams to begin with. The 4* pool is cursed and has decided I can't merge anybody I actually use.

Edited by Alkaid

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

How many merges do you have across your team? I'm wondering if maybe it's in part that I have no or hardly any on merges on my units besides Cordelia (who's merely +4..), so maybe not many people are fighting my teams to begin with. The 4* pool is cursed and has decided I can't merge anybody I actually use.

Cordelia is 5*+5, Roy 5*+4 (have been lucky with this guy), Cherche 4*+10, the bonus unit is usually not merged (Micaiah this week). Everybody has got Galeforce (not the bonus unit) and a level 3 seal equipped. 

The score is usually 592-602, but had been a little lower before (could give Cordelia finally some merges). 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cordelia is 5*+5, Roy 5*+4 (have been lucky with this guy), Cherche 4*+10, the bonus unit is usually not merged (Micaiah this week). Everybody has got Galeforce (not the bonus unit) and a level 3 seal equipped. 

The score is usually 592-602, but had been a little lower before (could give Cordelia finally some merges). 

Yeah that's probably much higher than the worth of any teams I've been making. I'm especially jealous of all those Cordelias and Cherches. I'd have +10'd Cordelia by now if I could, but I haven't seen another of her since early October, despite the million blues I must have pulled since then... Feelsbadman

Usually I run Ayra, Cordelia (guidance seal), Brave Ike/PA Azura + bonus(Fjorm now) and it doesn't fail to get at least like 5, but it's just dropping the ball this week. Or it was until I got that 1 defense somehow after shuffling the team.