Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my highest scores ever in Arena and Arena Assault!  I'm so proud of myself because I managed to get a 7-win deathless streak in the regular arena without a dancer!  That's a first for me!  First attempt, too!  It's a good night. :^_^:

Team: F-Corrin+10, Laslow+10, Reinhardt+10, and Myrrh+0.

Arena:
ELJoX4ql.png

Arena Assault:
akTTWeZl.png

For AA I switched Myrrh for B-Ike+4.  B-Ike raised my average score in AA a bit, and I encountered a few 740-742 teams!  Holy crap, Bold & Vengeful Fighter everywhere!  

My new +10 F-Corrin is kicking some serious ass.  I'm so glad I invested in her!  (I know Nowi is better, but I like Corrin a lot more as a character.)

Myrrh is everywhere, but I like fighting her because Laslow deletes her with his Brave Sword. :P:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. NEW HIGH SCORE! I was so excited I forgot to take a screenshot! Whoops. Oh well. In normal Arena, I'm sitting on a score of 5058! That like...shatters my original record by over 40 points. Wow. ...I actually kind of wonder if that's enough to stay in tier 20... I didn't even have to fish. Most of my matches are now in the 720s.... I even met my first 730 OP Armor Team and promptly got my butt kicked. I actually had the option to fight a 728 armor team for my last match and decided against it. I took a 716 match instead...so my score could be 12 points higher, or I could be punching a wall for having lost it. I ended up switching my Adult Tiki out for Lucina (because Myrrh was just giving me a lot of trouble). I also switched out Tana for Fjorm so I could make use of the water blessing that I just put on Raven! 

Current Team:
Merric (+8) [+ATK -HP] - Dark Excalibur, Rally SPD/RES, Aether, Fury 3, Bowbreaker 3, Drive SPD 2, Panic Ploy 3 - Summoner Support
Raven (+7) [+SPD -RES] - Slaying Axe+(SPD), Rally SPD/RES, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Drive SPD 2, Heavy Blade 3 - Water Blessing (56/52 offenses :3 before buffs)
Lucina (+2) [+ATK -RES] - Falchion, Reposition, Aether, Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3, Spur ATK 3, Phantom SPD 3
Fjorm (+0) [Neutral] - Leiptr, Rally DEF/RES, Ice Mirror, ATK/DEF Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive ATK 2, Deflect Magic 3

I'm just going to savor this feeling for now and hold off on Arena Assault. XD Lucina and Raven have earned their weapon refines. I know exactly where my dew is going once that update hits! If I can score like this in AA, I may be able to stay in the top 3k.

So I managed to get in to Tier 20!

I swapped Sacred seals in the middle of my run, getting rid of BK's Panic Ploy 1 to Close Def for more points. And it paid off, since I broke 4900!

But yeah Fjorm really helps bump up my score- I ran BK, Halloween Henry (if I had QR3 it would have been worth more), Anna and Fjorm.

Guys, I think I need your help. Although my new team allows me to find teams of 708-712 (the old one was 702-706), I can't make a deathless run. Maybe you could give me some advice. My actual team is:

B!Ike +3 (+Def/-Spe): Urvan, Rally Spe/Def, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Threaten Def 3, Quick Riposte 3 SS.

Fjorm (neutral): Leiptr, Draw Back, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2, Close Counter 3 SS.

M!Marth +1: Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Luna, Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3, Breath of Life 3, Breath of Life 3 SS.

Anna: Nóatún, Reposition, Astra, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Spur Res 3, Brash Assault 3 SS.

And this is the current fodder that I have: Hone Atk 3, Rally Spe/Def, Lancebreaker 3, Mirror Strike 2, Draw Back, and if I get enough feathers tonight from the TT, Quick Riposte 3 (although the plan was to give a merge to M!Marth). 

The main issues I'm facing are Nino, Reinhardt, healers with Pain+ refined + doble blow and some reds such as Eldigan killing Fjorm lol

Congratulations everybody! Seems to be the week of personal highscores. 

7 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Guys, I think I need your help. Although my new team allows me to find teams of 708-712 (the old one was 702-706), I can't make a deathless run. Maybe you could give me some advice. My actual team is:

B!Ike +3 (+Def/-Spe): Urvan, Rally Spe/Def, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Threaten Def 3, Quick Riposte 3 SS.

Fjorm (neutral): Leiptr, Draw Back, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2, Close Counter 3 SS.

M!Marth +1: Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Luna, Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3, Breath of Life 3, Breath of Life 3 SS.

Anna: Nóatún, Reposition, Astra, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Spur Res 3, Brash Assault 3 SS.

And this is the current fodder that I have: Hone Atk 3, Rally Spe/Def, Lancebreaker 3, Mirror Strike 2, Draw Back, and if I get enough feathers tonight from the TT, Quick Riposte 3 (although the plan was to give a merge to M!Marth). 

The main issues I'm facing are Nino, Reinhardt, healers with Pain+ refined + doble blow and some reds such as Eldigan killing Fjorm lol

Ike is fine (except Reposition missing), but I would give Marth other skills, since healing is usually not an issue in arena. Swordbreaker and Reposition are very common, also a 2 count special (i.e. Moonbow) to proc on the first encounter. 

Fury-Anna should be able to tank Reinhardt (+10, +ATK, DB3, Moonbow, QP seal) and kill him next turn. 

If Fjorm can't handle the most common reds, you should consider replacing her with another unit. 

15 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I know that for me, Fjorm is usually my Reinhardt counter, but she needs to Deflect Magic. In one of my most recent matches, my free Fjorm survived six hits (and 2 specials I think) from a +10 Reinhardt with Lancebreaker. She was on a defense tile and failed to kill him the first time...and an Airzura danced him again. But she still somehow survived. So Deflect Magic is AMAZING. I know you don't have the fodder for it, but something that helps fix her lackluster speed is Drive SPD. (I also S-supported her with another Arena core member). So when she's clustered close-ish to her teammates, she can get anywhere between 7-11 extra SPD (factoring in all available buffs). If you want to help fix her bulk, maybe look into giving someone the Drive DEF seal. Fjorm's pretty bulky, but she's also slow...and if Eldigan's running horse buffs, he'll almost for sure double her. 

The Dazzling/Wrathful healers, you just have to get to them first.  They're pretty awful to deal with especially on maps with breakable areas. I feel for you there.

Thx guys! @mampfoid, I have a +1 Lucina with that set (and both Aether and Moonbow learnt), so I can try her while I don't get the exact same fodder for M!Marth ('cause you know, is much more realistic that I'll be able to merge M!Marth than Lucina). 

@Rafiel's Aria, the main issue with seals is that I've Deflect Magic at level 1 and Drive Res at level 1 of 2, and only about 40-50 coins, so there's no possibility of improving them right know.

About Fjorm being killed by common reds, I could try to replace her with my 5*+1 Subaki (Slaying lance+ (Def refined), Swap, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Goad Fliers, Iote's Shield SS). The main issues are that he would lower my score (from the BST, weapon, special and slots A,C and S), I'd lose my only unit able to do a ranged counter attack and that Subaki actually has 0 remaining SP, so I'd need to farm to give him a different C skill such as Hone Attack.

38 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Thx guys! @mampfoid, I have a +1 Lucina with that set (and both Aether and Moonbow learnt), so I can try her while I don't get the exact same fodder for M!Marth ('cause you know, is much more realistic that I'll be able to merge M!Marth than Lucina). 

@Rafiel's Aria, the main issue with seals is that I've Deflect Magic at level 1 and Drive Res at level 1 of 2, and only about 40-50 coins, so there's no possibility of improving them right know.

About Fjorm being killed by common reds, I could try to replace her with my 5*+1 Subaki (Slaying lance+ (Def refined), Swap, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Goad Fliers, Iote's Shield SS). The main issues are that he would lower my score (from the BST, weapon, special and slots A,C and S), I'd lose my only unit able to do a ranged counter attack and that Subaki actually has 0 remaining SP, so I'd need to farm to give him a different C skill such as Hone Attack.

The Deflect Magic thing is definitely something you can keep in mind for the future at least. It might not work out this season, but that seal was the first one I ever upgraded, and it's been a lifesaver time and time again. (I used to run it on a -RES Merric, and even he trivialized Reinhardt.) You may just have to experiment with swapping around seals. Fjorm does pretty well with Quick Riposte, and I'm sure Ike would do well with Close Defense even though that means he won't be doubling much of anything anymore. Also, if you're really concerned with how much a skill or different teammate might affect your score range, you can play with the Arena BST calculator: http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/ 

Hope that helps! I've never run a team without a mage/dragon on it, so I can definitely see how you'd be having some trouble. 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The Deflect Magic thing is definitely something you can keep in mind for the future at least. It might not work out this season, but that seal was the first one I ever upgraded, and it's been a lifesaver time and time again. (I used to run it on a -RES Merric, and even he trivialized Reinhardt.) You may just have to experiment with swapping around seals. Fjorm does pretty well with Quick Riposte, and I'm sure Ike would do well with Close Defense even though that means he won't be doubling much of anything anymore. Also, if you're really concerned with how much a skill or different teammate might affect your score range, you can play with the Arena BST calculator: http://www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/ 

Hope that helps! I've never run a team without a mage/dragon on it, so I can definitely see how you'd be having some trouble. 

Okay, then that seal will be the next in my upgrade priority list. At the start I was running the seals that way (B!ike with Close Defense) but since it wasn't working, I decided to try it the other way. And thx for the link!

I'm used to not running mages or dragons, and the last ranged unit I used for Arena was B!Lyn a long time ago. But as my armors have 2 of the 3 DC (BK and Hector) that wasn't an issue really. Maybe I just need to get used to this new team. 

16 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Okay, then that seal will be the next in my upgrade priority list. At the start I was running the seals that way (B!ike with Close Defense) but since it wasn't working, I decided to try it the other way. And thx for the link!

I'm used to not running mages or dragons, and the last ranged unit I used for Arena was B!Lyn a long time ago. But as my armors have 2 of the 3 DC (BK and Hector) that wasn't an issue really. Maybe I just need to get used to this new team. 

You could give QR3 to Fjorm through her B slot, and have Ike use the QR seal. Fjorm should be fine vs the majority of reds, especially with close defense and sitting next to someone for her A skill to be active.

Edited by Raven

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. NEW HIGH SCORE! I was so excited I forgot to take a screenshot! Whoops. Oh well. In normal Arena, I'm sitting on a score of 5058! That like...shatters my original record by over 40 points. Wow. ...I actually kind of wonder if that's enough to stay in tier 20...

Congrats! It's probably enough to stay, though there might be some iffiness due to being Water Season, meaning overall scores will inflate a bunch. Still, I'm pretty sure I was staying in with around this score back when we had the month-long water run.

3 hours ago, Raven said:

You could give QR3 to Fjorm through her B slot, and have Ike use the QR seal. Fjorm should be fine vs the majority of reds, especially with close defense and sitting next to someone for her A skill to be active.

Would be fine to keep Ice Mirror without Shield Pulse? Also, maybe I should wait until tomorrow to see the new weapons refinements, as maybe the Falchion one could help in something. 

Talking about Falchion, could be an option to give M!Marth G Tome Breaker? I think I have a spare Henry, but I'm not sure if she can bait Nino with the breaker 

3 Defense wins for Eirika Emblem+Airzura! 

Now I just need to sacrifice some dueling crests to break 5k although I'm not sure if it is worth it outside of bragging purposes because a score of 5036 isn't enough to stay in tier 20 right?

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Would be fine to keep Ice Mirror without Shield Pulse? Also, maybe I should wait until tomorrow to see the new weapons refinements, as maybe the Falchion one could help in something. 

Talking about Falchion, could be an option to give M!Marth G Tome Breaker? I think I have a spare Henry, but I'm not sure if she can bait Nino with the breaker 

Personally I use Luna. Since she fights reds more than anything, the speedy sword meta easily doubles her under normal circumstances so she should have it activate on her follow-up attack, almost always guaranteeing the kill unless they have great defenses and HP, which - when you're a speedy swordie - is unlikely.

Although I also have S-rank summoner support with my Fjorm, so she's just a little bit better than normal. I think the most important part of Fjorm is taking advantage of her A-skill and making sure she's next to someone when baiting enemies to take advantage of the close defense seal. It's hard to imagine any red unit killing her under such conditions within two attacks.

15 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Congrats! It's probably enough to stay, though there might be some iffiness due to being Water Season, meaning overall scores will inflate a bunch. Still, I'm pretty sure I was staying in with around this score back when we had the month-long water run.

I've got my fingers crossed... The threshold just seems to get higher and higher with each new character release. I'm proud of my team regardless. I still have time to fish for a higher score, but IDK if I have the patience for that. 

My current defensive team is Raven, Lucius, Merric, and Fjorm, and they've gotten me 5 wins so far.

So after half of my duel crests (65 remaining) and both trying with my new team and my armor team, I managed to get a deathless run of...4900 with the armors -.-

Tbh, I'm not sure if this will be enough to enter tier 20, I was so close to not enter 2 weeks ago with 4902. At least I've seen the problem is not as much the team (well, Anna did her best in making me to waste crests bt dying over and over) but the maps selection. Too mant move limiting maps for bait units. 

Also, following @Rafiel's Aria advise, I changed M!Marth for a mage. It's been a bad IV Celica, but she does quite well the coverage to the other members of the team with G Tome Breaker. Also, she didn't hurt too much my score, due to having a legendary weapon, an AOE special and double Distant Defense (since she's -Spe I needed to do something diferent). Let's hope next week there's a better bonus unit for me, such as Alfonse or Fjorm (to have a free slot then). Also, with so many battles, B!Ike and Fjorm got S rank in their support

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

So after half of my duel crests (65 remaining) and both trying with my new team and my armor team, I managed to get a deathless run of...4900 with the armors -.-

Tbh, I'm not sure if this will be enough to enter tier 20, I was so close to not enter 2 weeks ago with 4902. At least I've seen the problem is not as much the team (well, Anna did her best in making me to waste crests bt dying over and over) but the maps selection. Too mant move limiting maps for bait units. 

Also, following @Rafiel's Aria advise, I changed M!Marth for a mage. It's been a bad IV Celica, but she does quite well the coverage to the other members of the team with G Tome Breaker. Also, she didn't hurt too much my score, due to having a legendary weapon, an AOE special and double Distant Defense (since she's -Spe I needed to do something diferent). Let's hope next week there's a better bonus unit for me, such as Alfonse or Fjorm (to have a free slot then). Also, with so many battles, B!Ike and Fjorm got S rank in their support

It's typically enough for non-Fjorm weeks but will likely fall short during Fjorm week, which it unfortunately is. Likely you'll have to field your own Fjorm alongside your water-blessed units to make up for it.

Edited by Humanoid

And team Mae does it again. Seriously half this team doesn't even have a seal. B!Ike for some reason has my spd+3 seal. . . I don't really know what he thinks he is going to do with it, but I suppose technically he has a seal. And Rebecca has RES+2.  So basically no seals. No refined weapons. And only 1 5* on the team. But boy are they raking in the defensive wins!

8 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've got my fingers crossed... The threshold just seems to get higher and higher with each new character release. I'm proud of my team regardless. I still have time to fish for a higher score, but IDK if I have the patience for that. 

My current defensive team is Raven, Lucius, Merric, and Fjorm, and they've gotten me 5 wins so far.

It does get a little higher whenever key units are released that can permanently inflate things (Xmas armours, Fjorm by herself due to her kit). There's a bunch of up and down, too, though, thanks to Water Season. Everyone has the possibility of two F2P blessings, so it's not surprising when scores takes a jump that week. It's somewhat artificial, though, since Wind and Earth Seasons and heroes used for Arena score tend to be the territory of whales. So, once Water Season is over, scores tend to take a noticeable dip. I've even experienced it myself. I was scoring over well 5100 with Fjorm as a bonus during Water Season with three blessings up. Without her, I'm typically looking at just below 5100.

I finally broke 5k! This took so long and while this score may not be enough to stay in tier 20 I'm still extremely proud of how far my team has come.

On AA I finished with a score of 4976, I need to close the score range gap before even trying to break 5k there. 

Edited by Alexmender